POLL: November 2010 Post Mid-Term Election Presidential Poll

Something amazing happened on the second day of November.  Sweeping victory for the Republican Party from coast to coast (well, perhaps not California).  Record turnout in precincts and districts across the country.  A tragically out-of-touch Speaker of the House sent packing.  A president left shellacked.

While a few public figures have hinted at possible candidacies, nobody has actually stepped forward and raised his or her hand.  Of course, as autumn turns to winter and as the news cycles quiet down following the lame duck session, somebody with a smiling and terrified spouse in tow will likely make a mid-afternoon announcement and send pundits and politicos into a feeding frenzy.

So, what do YOU think?  The poll will be open until 11:59 p.m. on November 30.

Of the following Democrats, who is most likely to challenge President Barack Obama in the Democratic Party presidential primary in 2012? (pick any two)

• Hillary Clinton (72%, 74 Votes)
  • Evan Bayh (14%, 14 Votes)
  • No Challenger (14%, 14 Votes)
  • Howard Dean (11%, 11 Votes)
  • Bill Richardson (6%, 6 Votes)
  • Wesley Clark (5%, 5 Votes)
  • Mark Warner (5%, 5 Votes)
  • Russ Feingold (5%, 5 Votes)
  • Other Challenger (4%, 4 Votes)
  • Alvin Greene (4%, 4 Votes)
  • Tom Daschle (4%, 4 Votes)
  • Jim Webb (4%, 4 Votes)
  • Rod Blagojevich (3%, 3 Votes)
  • Eliot Spitzer (3%, 3 Votes)
  • Tim Kaine (3%, 3 Votes)
  • Ed Rendell (2%, 2 Votes)
  • Al Gore (2%, 2 Votes)
  • John Kerry (2%, 2 Votes)
  • Mark Udall (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Kathleen Sebelius (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Deval Patrick (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Brian Schweitzer (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ted Strickland (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Martin O'Malley (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Blanche Lincoln (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Brad Henry (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Claire McCaskill (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 103

Loading ... Loading ...

Will any challenger be able to beat President Barack Obama in the 2012 Democratic Party presidential primary?

• Yes (65%, 61 Votes)
  • No (30%, 28 Votes)
  • I Don't Know (5%, 5 Votes)

Total Voters: 94

Loading ... Loading ...

If the 2012 GOP presidential primary were held tomorrow, who would get your vote? (pick one)

• Paul Ryan (12%, 13 Votes)
  • Sarah Palin (10%, 11 Votes)
  • Mike Pence (10%, 11 Votes)
  • Mitt Romney (10%, 11 Votes)
  • Mike Huckabee (9%, 9 Votes)
  • Jim DeMint (8%, 8 Votes)
  • Newt Gingrich (8%, 8 Votes)
  • Marco Rubio (6%, 6 Votes)
  • Ron Paul (6%, 6 Votes)
  • Other Republican (5%, 5 Votes)
  • Donald Trump (3%, 3 Votes)
  • Mitch Daniels (2%, 2 Votes)
  • J.C. Watts (2%, 2 Votes)
  • Allen West (2%, 2 Votes)
  • Rick Perry (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Tim Pawlenty (1%, 1 Votes)
  • No Republican (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Gary Johnson (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Bobby Jindal (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Michele Bachmann (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Lynn Cheney (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Jeb Bush (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Rand Paul (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Meg Whitman (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Haley Barbour (0%, 0 Votes)
  • John Boehner (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Scott Brown (0%, 0 Votes)
  • John Thune (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Rick Santorum (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Eric Cantor (0%, 0 Votes)
  • David Petraeus (0%, 0 Votes)
  • George Allen (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 105

Loading ... Loading ...

Which candidate would you vote for if the 2012 presidential election were tomorrow?

• Republican Party candidate (78%, 73 Votes)
  • I don't know (11%, 10 Votes)
  • Democratic Party candidate (5%, 5 Votes)
  • Third-Party candidate (6%, 5 Votes)

Total Voters: 93

Loading ... Loading ...

If the 2012 presidential election were tomorrow, which candidate do you think would win?

• Republican Party candidate (87%, 81 Votes)
  • Democratic Party candidate (8%, 7 Votes)
  • I don't know (4%, 4 Votes)
  • Third Party candidate (1%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 93

Loading ... Loading ...

Comments

1. Gail B. says:

There’s one other that would make it REALLY difficult — New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. But it was difficult enough deciding between Paul Ryan, Mike Pence, Jim DeMint, Sarah Palin, and (did you see him on Gretta Van Susteren tonight?) Donald Trump.

There needs to be a candidate who is amicable yet unflinching when necessary. We NEED someone who will give this country a sense of safety and security by securing our borders, someone who will do away with the Department of Energy (which is a joke in itself), the Department of Education (and return education of the children to the states and local communities), and who will present an agenda of a strong military, no jobs in federal government filled by union members, stop the unnecessary pouring of U.S. dollars to foreign countries, repeal Obamacare, and unite this country by repairing the damage done by Progressives so that all Americans can experience real hope for a prosperous future.

People are weary of being lied to, nudged, pushed, and manipulated by created crises. We want someone with integrity and character and, well, honor. We want someone who has the wisdom that our Founders had and the dedication that Jeff has to us and his family.

The list of candidates provides a rich source for selecting Cabinet members, however, whether they run for POTUS or not.

At this point in time, however, I believe that Buckshot could bite — uh, make that beat — Obama. How do you like his campaign photo?

2. Kevin J says:

As people I like both Rubio and Jindal but I need someone in the media to dig and find out if they are natural born citizens i.e. Constitutionally eligible!!. As in “were both parents citizens (presume naturalized) at the time of their childs birth on US soil”? We don’t need the controversy like BHO has! I single out these two potential candidates only because we know they are the children of immigrants. Their could be others in their same situation I’m not aware of.

3. Jeff Schreiber says:

I can’t believe that I forgot Chris Christie. Crap.

4. Jeff Schreiber says:

Kevin … seriously?

5. Gail B. says:

Don’t feel bad–I forgot him, too. It wasn’t until Tom, my friend for 55 years, and I were talking about the 2012 Republican candidates that I gave Christie any thought. I said I would vote for Mike Pence; he said that he wished Chris Christie would run. “He’s the man I’d vote for! (Chuckle) He not afraid to swing his weight around to get things done!”

Quote from Chris Christie:

“Short of suicide, I don’t really know what I’d have to do to convince you people that I’m not running. I’m not running.”

6. nana3 says:

Although I am pleased with the outcome of the elections, I am cautiously optimistic about the future. Unfortunately, we did not achieve a complete cleansing because Reid, Boxer and Frank are still in place. I think the Republicans have a great opportunity to exhibit leadership and character as they orchestrate a deliberate, sensible alternative strategy to Obama’s progressive overhaul of our country. They must resist the temptations to resort to childish taunts as Obama and his clowns have utilized in dealing with the welfare of the American people. It is time to be serious, it is not time to become arrogant and prideful. The Republicans have been given a mandate to put a halt to this runaway government and it must be done carefully and with a deep committment to get it right. As I watched Obama’s press conference, I did not see a contrite President who was ready to acknowledge that his radical philosophy for our country had been rejected. I heard more excuses such as WE, the peons, interpreted his actions as an agenda rather than a response to an ‘emergency’ situation. He does not accept or admit that we are not as stupid as he had thought we were when he came into office. I think he was insulted and totally shocked that his ability to mesmerize the voters with his empty words had not resonated in this election. He seems to feel that as long as he keeps soothing us with his repetitive phrases about the economy improving and we are making progress that the reality of the situation will be obscured. His ‘hatchet’ army (the MSM) are beginning their assault to try and diminish and smear the Republican leadership and the Tea Party…that is nothing new and was to be expected. However, I think the Republicans need to be smart about how they conduct interviews and not allow themselves to be baited by the MSM into making ridiculous comments that can be twisted and presented in a negative way by the media. They need to proceed with business and conduct themselves as statesmen not as comics. I wish Pelosi would vacate the premises but I don’t see that happening…she is like the old beauty queen who can’t accept that time has passed her by. The next two years will be agonizing but also it may well be another defining moment in our history when WE, THE PEOPLE took control of our destiny. When you come very close to losing something you treasure, it should wake us all up and I pray we have sent men and women of integrity who can be leaders ‘for such a time as this’.

It’s alright, Jeff. Christie just said something like “other than suicide, what would it take for me to convince you that I’m not running in 2012?”

I think he’s out.

8. Boston Blackie says:

Jeff, I must admit that I voted for Greene and Patrick only because of their skin tone. Any other candidate planning on running against Obeyme will automatically bring out the cries of racism. I hope there is a primary challenger so the democRATS will have to eat into their donations from the union thugs. At this point I am going with Romney due to his business background. Contrary to the spin the lame stream media will put out there, he was a good governor while working with a legislature almost completely dems. He balanced the budget each year. He signed the healthcare because the original legislation was that everyone in the system was required to pay something(his veto would have been easily overridden). It was Patrick that allowed the illegals into the plan and changed the requirement that all pay something. I don’t really care about Romney’s religious beliefs, nobody seems to mention it when speaking about Prince Harry.

BTW, thanks for not mentioning the fact that the moonbats and union thugs in massatwoshits bucked the national trend as usual.

9. C.R. says:

Gail,

The items you list as being what a Republican (or any new) president would do (e.g. do away with several large departments such as Energy and Education), along with foreign affairs, almost perfectly describes one candidate in the list (POSSIBLY two, but his son isn’t well qualified enough yet): Ron Paul. I don’t care what anyone thinks about his mannerisms, or what they believe about the smear campaign that has so many believing he’s “kooky,” I wish people would simply take some real time to research his extensive, printed statements about a whole range of topics. You can find them at his web site: http://paul.house.gov/

Another excellent source is: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/

No chance of winning? Of course not – as long as everyone buys into that strategy to pull votes from him. To vote for someone else, no matter who it is that you originally favored, simply because your favorite “can’t win,” is to reduce that very likelihood and help ensure that s/he CAN’T win – while at the same time voting for the cream of the crap.

10. L. Banks says:

I am just hopeful the Republicans along with independents and those Democrats who do not share the radical philosophy of the progressives can turn this ship around fast before more damage is done. Obama and friends will then blame the Republicans and cruise to re-election in 2012. I think a lot of prayers for this country are needed now by everyone.

I believe one of the candidates listed in the Republican side will begin to emerge more and more. Perhaps it will be one of the new members who are just entering Congress. This person needs to have not only intelligence and be able to handle himnself with the press, but also charisma. Obama will be toast if we can find the right combination of dedication, intelligence, leadership, and charisma.

Obama is not a well man, he just told 60 minutes, it was not his policies that failed, but the communication of these policies. Ignore the truth and it will go away! I do not think he is living in the same reality the rest of the country is enduring or sees.

I was reading an article about the elections and how most of Illinois went Republican except for Chicago and some isolated areas. The same can be said about other areas where huge populations exist. It was suggested that the law be changed to allow each county within the state one vote based upon the election results of that country. This would be more equitable for the state. As it stands now most of the cities seem to be deciding who wins the Presidency and there are less home owners or land owners in these areas. Jeff perhaps you might address this issue in an article. Thanks.

11. Boston Blackie says:

“I wish Pelosi would vacate the premises but I don’t see that happening…she is like the old beauty queen who can’t accept that time has passed her by.”
    nana-
    Yikes, as I read your comments, the old Betty Davis / Joan Crawford movie “Whatever happened to Baby Jane” flashed in my mind. It still creeps me out, even more with Pelosi playing the Davis role.

12. pgb says:

Don’t leave John Kasich out. He was one of the original Contract With America guys. Not sure about this but I bet he quit out of disgust when the Rinos took over.

13. Linda C. says:

Glad you admitted your faux pas, Jeff. I was looking all over for Chris Christie and must have read the list three times looking for him (even though they were alphabetical). If we can convince him to run, he is DEFINITELY the candidate, followed closely by Mike Pence.

14. David G. says:

Jeff what about Duncan Hunter he is really the most conservative of the group from 2008.

To pay off national debt:

Buy Mr. Obama for what he is worth,
    sell him for what he thinks he is worth.

Profit to the Treasury.

16. 2010 Phase I, 2012 Phase II says:

“The people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.”

–John Adams, Massachusetts Declaration of Rights, Art.

17. Tyranny Sore-us Wrecks says:

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.”

–Thomas Jefferson

COME ON 2012

18. Gail B. says:

I second Linda C.

19. Gail B. says:

@C.R. (November 5, 2010 at 12:56 pm)

Had I known then what I know now about Ron Paul, he would have gotten my vote and everyone else’s that I could have persuaded. I’m sure that many other people feel the same way.

20. Jet setters says:

Here’s a poll: $2,000,000,000 well spent?

21. William Hung says:

11:36 He dances worse than W.

3:26 He should tap a little stimulus money for dancing lessons.

23. Dean says:

I am a conservative, though not necessarily a Republican, and was really happy with the results of the election. But, let’s think back and remember what the Dems said after the election two years ago when asked if they would be willing to work with the Republicans to find compromise positions on various bits of pending legislation – “WE won the election, so why should we compromise? We will pass our own agenda!” Guess what the leadership of the Republican party is saying after the election last week? Exactly the same thing the Dems said two years ago. I hate to think of what the 2012 election results will be if the stalemated houses of Congress continue the way things have been going. We MUST get things done to get this country back on the road to prosperity and get the national level of government as much out of the lives of our citizenry as is possible. If I had a magic wand and could do anything I wanted, I would put a fiscal conservative in the White House and split both houses of Congress right down the middle. (Hmmmm, that means we would have to add or subtract a Representative to or from one of the states to get an even number.)

24. Gail B. says:

Since this string of comments ended (so to speak), I’ve heard some things about Chris Christie. The main thing is that he is more liberal than he seems to be, although his “in your face” attitude and leadership qualities are those that the Republican contender needs to have–to get the people “fired up.”

My vote would be for Mike Pence.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll. Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll. Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll. Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll. Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll. Jeff Schreiber America’s Right [...]