LiveTwittering Election Night

If I told you that this LiveTwittering thing was going to work, I’d be lying. What I do know, however, is that in about an hour I’ll be headed over to the headquarters of Tim Scott’s congressional campaign for an event being thrown by the Charleston County Republican Party. I will not be carrying a laptop with me, so if you’re interested in my impression of everything going on tonight, you’ll have to see it through the magic of Twitter.

The window below should show you what I’m looking at, both in terms of news nationally and in terms of the Tim Scott event itself. While I am by no means photogenic, I’ll do my best to get some photos up there as well.

This is an experiment. I hope it works. Regardless of its success or failure, I must note that today has felt a bit like Christmas, only I have to wait until nightfall to actually unwrap my presents. It has been a long time coming, folks, and over the past two years we have had to endure disappointment after disappointment. Just as I said when candidate Barack Obama was appearing to put the final nail in candidate John McCain’s campaign coffin back in the fall of 2008, however, much like how a driver who survives a terrible car accident emerges with a newfound love of and respect for life, should America survive Barack Obama’s presidency and the Democratic Party’s majority, her people would emerge with a newfound love of and respect for freedom and for liberty.

Tonight, we emerge from the wreckage. Tomorrow, we begin to heal and get stronger.

Have a great night, everyone. Enjoy the LiveTweeting, if it works.

– Jeff

Comments

1. As I was reading this post I am remembering when I first found your site. (A little more than 2 years ago? Holy cow–has it been that long!?!) Thanks for helping us through the dismal and bleak 24 months since Barack Hussein Obama won the ticket.

I too feel like it’s Christmas. Last night I was as giddy as a little girl. Santa is coming to town!

2. Gail B. says:

Tweet-Tweet! It’s 9:36 p.m., and the sun hasn’t set YET! Oh, what a bright night!

3. Boston Blackie says:

My God, will anything EVER change here in mASSachusetts!?!
    Barney Frank, really, are you kidding me.
    This state is a total embarrassment. Who are these people that continue to reelect the same old same old.

4. Gail B. says:

“We won — you lost!”

Yes, we did!

5. T.I.M. says:

Whatever you do, don’t let Eugene Robinson find out that a staunch Conservative was actually supporting a black for Congress. Even on election day, he was maintaining that supporters of the Tea Party are doing it out of racism. Maybe when Eugene’s done crying into his column, he can use the rag to polish the Nobel Prize he got for helping elect Obama.

6. Gail B. says:

Look what I found, y’all! –

Latest news
    November 3, 2010
    Amanda Pasdon wins House of Delegates race
    I am deeply honored and humbled by the outpouring of support from the citizens of the 44th District.

As I set out earlier this year in launching my campaign for the House of Delegates, I pledged to be a strong, preserving, and effective representative for the people of the 44th District. The people have heard that message and now have given me the ultimate privilege to represent them at the State Capitol.

Sad news here, between the exciting election results, and at the same time my communist brother visiting from SC, my WWII vet father had a mild heart attack. In for a heart cath today.

8. BassTone says:

Hey Hussein, you want civility from the ‘enemy’?,… our reply, “NUTS”.

9. Making a list and checking it twice says:
  10. Jeff Schreiber says:

Prayers with your father, Sam.

Jeff

11. Dee says:

Boston Blackie, I feel your pain! I could not believe that Barney got re-elected either and Harry Reid, also! If I were running against either one of them, I would have to challenge each and every vote. My district did fairly well. We still have Jason Altmire in the House although he only won by a slim margin. His opponent, Keith Rothfus, did not have the funds for his campaign that Altmire had.

Anonymous @ 7:49 am, hope your dad is doing better.

As a Judge of elections, I was at the polls all day and could hardly wait to get home and watch the results. It was interesting that the school district scheduled parent-teacher conferences on Tuesday, thereby taking up many of the parking spaces. I had many voters state that they could not find a place to park and had to return later. They also said that some of the friends who could not find a parking space left without voting. I had asked the office in the school to make an announcement asking the teachers to park in the bigger lot in the back and was told that the voters could park in the fire lane. I informed her that the voters would not know that. The constable was going to report this to the School Superintendent because he said the county pays the district to rent the building on election day.

Thanks, Jeff, for your help this past year in keeping us informed. Now we go onto the presidential election in 2012. It will be an interesting 2 years.

12. Boston Blackie says:

Anonymous @ 7:49
    I will keep your father in my prayers, hope he is doing better. Be thankful Obeymecare hasn’t kicked in yet.

Gail,
    Thanks for the update on Amanda, that is great news. I just can’t get out of the funk. I don’t know how this state continues to relect the same crooks. Rep Tierney’s wife was indicted weeks before the election for money laundering of over 8 million dollars for her gangster fugitive brothers and he STILL gets reelected. (She pleaded guilty the same day as the indictments and will be sentenced to home confinement!?!)
    We now have four more years of Obama – Lite.

13. Gail B. says:

Anonymous @November 4, 2010 at 7:49 am

You can count on our thoughts and prayers from those here at America’s Right for you and your father.

Please let us know how he gets along.

(We always pray for enlightenment for communists from SC!)

14. Liberty's guardian 1944 says:

Nothing worse than a 64 year old ‘child’ that won’t let their 88 year old Silver Star awarded father enjoy his Glenn Beck and Fox News without a bunch of crap from their communist mouths. IMHO

ZIP IT, HIPPIES

Looking at a triple bypass, but unsure of his ability to handle it.

15. Gail B. says:

Jeff, have you heard how Sam’s father is doing?

16. Sam says:

Hey Gail,

He has three arteries blocked. If younger, a triple bypass would be in order. With his age that has been ruled out. He will go the medicinal route with blood thinners, cholesterol lowering, blood pressure lowering, pain managing and the like.

My fear is my brother who hassles him for watching Glenn Beck will be with him the next few weeks.

I think I am next for palpitations, I can’t handle half my family.

17. Gail B. says:

Thanks, Sam. You’re still in my thoughts and prayers.

Would it help to tell your brother that what your father likes to watch is no one’s business, and that the doctor said not to get his blood pressure up (over Glenn Beck)?

Trackbacks