Sowell on the Banking Queen

TownHall: Thomas Sowell: Is Barney Frank?

You would be hard pressed to find a politician who is less frank than Congressman Barney Frank. Even in an occupation where truth and candor are often lacking, Congressman Frank is in a class by himself when it comes to rewriting history in creative ways. Moreover, he has a lot of history to rewrite in his re-election campaign this year.

No one contributed more to the policies behind the housing boom and bust, which led to the economic disaster we are now in, than Congressman Barney Frank.

His powerful position on the House of Representatives’ Committee on Financial Services gave him leverage to force through legislation and policies which pressured banks and other lenders to grant mortgage loans to people who would not qualify under the standards which had long prevailed, and had long made mortgage loans among the safest investments around.

All this was done in the name of promoting more home-ownership among people who had neither the income nor the credit history that would meet traditional mortgage lending standards.

When it comes to Barney Frank, Thomas Sowell has nailed it. Sowell succinctly exposes Franks’ unmitigated, unapologetic hypocrisy and intellectual [sic] arrogance when it comes to identifying the root causes of the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage scam which precipitated the financial and economic meltdown the nation has suffered.  That scam was the single match in the brush that soon grew to the catastrophic forest fire we now have suffered.  Franks is the poster child for all that is wrong with liberalism masquerading as hope and change.

Enough, already.  The voters of Massachusetts would do themselves a gigantic favor – not to mention doing the United States House of Representatives a great service – by voting this political abomination out of office on November 2.

The benefit of Frank’s absence would not be limited to Massachusetts, either.  Ousting Frank from the House so that he might return to his private affairs in Boston would be immensely prophylactic to the nation as a whole.

NOTE: Polling has shown that Sean Bielat is within striking distance when it comes to taking back Massachusetts’ fourth congressional district from Frank, and news reports are saying that Bielat is actually leading when it comes to fundraising.  If you feel so inclined, please visit Sean Bielat’s campaign site and make a donation.

Comments

1. Get em out says:

I just gave 25 to Mr Bielat. I encourage all commenters to join in the fun of trying to defeat Barney.

2. That's all folks....... says:

He can go back to doing Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck voice overs.

3. Boston Blackie says:

Congressman Buddy Hackett has got to be the rudest, angriest, most condesending person to hold office ever. Check out a map of the MA 4th district – a result of gerrymandering to save his seat. He has the liberal suburbs outside of Boston whose population will negate any votes from the blue collar fishing areas bordering the state of RI. For someone who supposedly has a million dollars in campaign funds on hand, he just LOANED (because libs never actually spend their own money) his campaign 200 thousand to fight against a vast right wing conspiracy – where have we heard that before. Sean Bielat has raised more money even in Fwank’s ultraliberal hometown of Newton. Then he sends his partner to videotape Bielat after a debate and tries to pull him into a pissing contest by yelling slurs but was recognized by Bielat and “outed”. Can you imagine if Bielat’s wife had done that.
    Now Fwank tries to say he was for home rentership not home ownership.
    And you wonder why I am embarassed to say I am from mASSachusetts.

4. Out Barney on Nov. 2 says:

8:00 Masstwoshits, wadda ya gonna do?

5. Boston Blackie says:

10:05AM
    Unfortunately I can not vote against Buddy Hackett but I can vote against Ed Markey who couldn’t find his way around his district even with a GPS system. For the second time this year, I will have the pleasure of voting against Martha Coakley. Hopefully, they will all be gone along with Devalue Patrick.

6. Randy Wills says:

“Boston Blackie”, don’t feel too embarassed by confessing to be a citizen of MA. From childhood on, MA has always been my “second home” due to my New England lineage, although I haven’t been back there in many years, to my regret, because I truly love MA.

In spite of its becoming so liberal and the majority voting in lock-step with the Democrats, there are many, many, fine and decent people there who are the salt of the earth. I’m sure that you’re one of them.

I’m sorry. It’s just in my blood.

Randy

7. Boston Blackie says:

If you want a good chuckle, check out Sean Bielat’s you tube video.
    It is called the Barney Shuffle.

Trackbacks