First ‘DREAM’, now ‘CLEAR’

Boogai: US House Puts Oceans, Coasts Under UN: Senate Vote Will Seal the Deal

“It’s too late; it’ll just have to be stopped in the Senate,” Tom, the young male answering the phone in U.S. Rep. John Boehner’s  (R-Ohio)Washington D.C. office, said about HR 3534 (CLEAR Act). This is the globalist bill designed to give away our land, oceans, adjacent land masses and Great Lakes to an international body, and makes us pay $900 million per year until 2040.

HR 3534 is a thinly disguised permanent roadblock to American energy which drives American companies out of the Gulf, delays future drilling, increases dependency on foreign oil, implements climate change legislation and youth education programs; but most important, it mandates membership in the Law of the Sea Treaty without the required two-thirds vote to ratify it in the U.S. Senate. Read more at LOST below

The House passed the CLEAR Act (HR 3534)  209-193, July 30, 2010. This bill was originally introduced July 8, 2009, but was resurrected by the recent Deep Water Horizon oil spill crisis.  According to www.govtrack.us, a debate may be taking place on a companion bill in the Senate, rather than on this particular bill. This bill was read for the second time Aug. 4, 2010, and placed on the Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders, Calendar No. 510.  No official Senate Bill number exists as of yet. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-3534

Alright, people, we’ve seemingly another case that may require calls to Senators, this time apparently to prevent our country from being carved up right before our eyes.

I’m guessing that there aren’t many of us who know about this bill that passed a House vote on July 30th.  Include me in that group.  Not that this is at all surprising, since the vast majority of the agenda coming from this administration is a stealth one.  Suffice it to say that this bill – if approved in the Senate – will give functional control over many of our coastlines and related issues to the UN and will be yet another attempt to drive energy prices through the roof.

I can tell you this – I’ve taken the time to discover that the price of wood usually lags behind the price of oil.

Comments

1. Gail B. says:

Oh, Lord! Obama is taking the attitude that he’s the governor of the United States and the United Nations is our Congress.

Be peaceful, people. We cannot let him declare Martial Law! Just vote his props out from under him in November!

Thanks, John. I didn’t know about this land mine, either.

Jeff, this is the very reason I can sleep at night! Your “legal eagles” at AR stay on alert!

2. Gail B. says:

I’ve called both my senators about it.

3. Boston Blackie says:

Thanks for the heads up, John. Sadly, it gives new meaning to “This land is your Land”(which was written by Woody Guthrie in response to Irving Berlin’s God Bless America because he was tired of hearing Kate Smith sing it). I won’t even bother checking how the MA delegation in the house voted, we all know the answer to that. I’ve just picked up the phone to Scott Brown’s office. After the November elections, I may have to put him on speed dial with everything that will be shoved down our throats by the lame duck Congress. Here’s a suggestion, they plan on going home a few weeks early. How about they take an extended vacation and stay home until January when the new congress gets swore in.

4. Harry says:

This is stunning. I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t know about this until after the fact either – and I follow this stuff!

BostonBlackie: I have Gerry Connolly’s (D-VA 11th) number memorized. Last summer on the run up to the HC vote I was calling him, uhh, regularly. :0) Finally one day a snippy staffer told me that he was not going to express my concerns to the Congressman because he didn’t think I would ever change my mind. (I guess he was confused over who was trying to change whose mind, but that’s another story.)

I would take heart in the the environment leading up to the elections. Conservatives (read: not Republicans) have a real chance to put a stop to some of these radical bills and regulations…

5. Boston Blackie says:

Harry,
    We can only continue to pray for help in November. In regards to calling Rep Connolly’s office, I feel your pain. Try calling Gigolo Liveshot Kerry’s office. The first thing out of their mouth is to ask what town your from to see if you are even from MA. Then they will proceed to try to talk down to you because of course they know better than some idiotic constituent what is good for us.

6. Gail B. says:

Boston Gal, you are a very smart cookie! You said, “After the November elections, I may have to put him on speed dial….”

Why didn’t I think of that? I can put the numbers for Senators Chambliss and Isakson in my phone’s memory. Well, DUH!

7. Hello, It's me again says:

Gail,

I’ve had the Capitol, White House and Supreme Court numbers in my cellphone for years now. I am surely on a watch list. Oh well, may as well make the Patriot Act earn it’s keep.

8. Hello, It's me again says:

And I am pretty sure I am being tapped, as it makes weird double clicks when I make a call.

9. Harry says:

Consider it a badge of honor to be known by these hacks. Something to consider… put the Republicans on speed dial too. I frequently call Congressman Wolf (R-VA 10th) and he’s not even in my district. I call him to either give encouragement for standing tough, or “encourage” him if I think he needs it. Wolf is a long time establishment squish who has voted for a LOT of pork in the northern VA area. My favorite is to explain that I have 9 voting age members of my immediate family in the 10th and 11th districts and we’re very concerned that he take position xyz.

Our politicians may not be the sharpest tacks in the box, but they understand one thing: when you tell them you’ll stay home or vote for the other guy, they tend to listen. At least, they used to before the summer of 09 put them all under their respective desks.

10. I miss sovereign says:

GET OUT OF THE U.N.
    PERIOD

11. In this grand design of things you’ll receive a B- just for effort. Where exactly you confused me personally was first in your particulars. As as the maxim goes, the devil is in the details… And it could not be more accurate right here. Having said that, allow me inform you precisely what did deliver the results. Your text can be quite convincing which is probably the reason why I am taking an effort to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, despite the fact that I can certainly notice the jumps in reasoning you make, I am not really certain of how you appear to unite the ideas that make the actual final result. For now I will, no doubt yield to your issue but trust in the near future you actually link your facts better.