‘Mongrel’-in-Chief (w/ update)

I have yet to master Twitter.  I try, and I certainly appreciate how the social network can be used effectively.  For all intents and purposes, this newest contributor to America’s Right has indeed figured out how to best utilize 140 characters to spread common sense far and wide.  I’m just thrilled that he agreed to exceed his 140-character limit and send a few pieces of writing our way every once in a while.

His name is Adam Baldwin.  Like me, you might know him as Animal Mother from Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket.  Others might know him as John Casey from NBC’s Chuck, or that guy at Area 51 from Independence Day.  Personally, I’m far less concerned with what he does during the day–I don’t always write about legal issues, after all, just as editors Johnny Lathrop and John Feeny more often than not deviate from economic and education-related issues–than how passionately and effectively he utilizes his spare moments to advocate for freedom and advance liberty.

As you know, I don’t set quotas for contributors here.  AR is put together for regular folks by regular folks, and regular folks have regular lives.  With any luck, Adam will find the time now and again to leave Twitter’s 140-character limit in the dust and bring his advocacy to America’s Right.  In the meantime, enjoy his piece below, and be sure to follow him on Twitter once you’re done. — Jeff

*       *       *

The personal lives and history of American presidents have always captured the imagination of the American people.  Presidential lives have always been under a microscope, but never more so than in the age of 24-hour news and the constant vigilance of the new media.

This past weekend, President Barack Obama was asked by a reporter about polls showing that approximately one-fifth of the American people believe that he is a Muslim.  The president replied, as Glenn Thrush at Politico reported, by blaming an “online campaign of misinformation by his conservative enemies” for perpetuating myths about his personal life and history.

Yet Obama himself has only selectively gone out of his way to dispel rumor and shed light, albeit implicitly, on exactly how his own upbringing has contributed to his perspective and worldview as president of the United States.

Take, for example, how he recently snubbed the Boy Scouts of America’s 100th Anniversary Jamboree, choosing instead to appear on ABC’s The View to kvetch about his deep-seated identity crises stemming from his “mongrel” pedigree.

Obama, as he freely admitted on The View and as he has shown time and time again, will allow others to identify him as an African-American, but he bristled at Barbara Walters’ suggestion that he was “bi-racial.” Mealy-mouth words aside, just because he doesn’t look white there are considerable reasons he relates more to his black father than his white mother.

Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. is the absent instigator that created little Barry. He remains the enduring force that abandoned an innocent child already starving for acceptance. His mother, the weaker white half, represents little more than an oppressed victim.

Obama immortalized his absent dad in his bestseller, Dreams From My Father. In the book, it is written of mongrel’s precursor, miscegenation:

The word is humpbacked, ugly, portending a monstrous outcome: like antebellum or octoroon, it evokes images of another era, a distant world of horsewhips and flames, dead magnolias and crumbling porticos.

Did Obama forget his own book’s monstrosity during his warm self-depiction on The View?

Is he unaware of the Ku Klux Klan’s historical use of such jargon?

Take the late Sen. Robert Byrd, for example:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side… Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

Mongrel. Maybe it’s just another divisive slogan he learned in Afro-Studies class at Occidental, or Harvard.

Nevertheless, a healthier man would have written Reality From My Mother’s Parents.

If Barack the Elder had taken, say, a Kenyan wife instead of a white American spouse, then Barry would have been truly black.  He would have been down for the struggle, or maybe even a Muslim patriarch like his father and grandfather before.

But, instead, poor Junior had to settle for “mongrel” African-Americanism, its victim status and its quest for reparations, and finally just stupid ol’ president of the United States of America.

America has neither experienced nor imagined until now a President whining as much about his childhood and background as this One. America has never before seen One who has really gotten into it, group-therapy-style.

Projection explains his evolution. His true believer, “spread-the-wealth-around” approach to governance. He had an unhappy childhood–just like America with its slavery, racism and class-envy oppressions–so America is entitled to his enforcement of an otherwise denied happy national childhood, damn it!

Like Peter Pan, Barry imagines that the nation cannot catch him and make him a man. Everybody gets to have their piece of happiness foisted upon them–as natural as childhood itself–from his utopian, Neverland perch.

Like many self-appointed leaders in group therapy, Obama anoints himself as the people’s special champion. He knows best, and cannot be bothered with the trivial consent of the governed. He even keeps close an enabler-at-large in his bossy, co-dependent “eat-your-agrarian-small-garden-greens!” scold, Michelle.

Compassion for the president’s condition should neither include tolerance of his caustic rhetoric nor, more gravely, allow his further testicular lassitude in matters of State.

Many may empathize with his long-term daddy issues, but he’s now the president of our United States of America, for God’s sake! We must no longer let him off the grow-up-already! hook any more than we would otherwise encourage parents to neglect their kid’s Ritalin dosage.

Mr. Obama requires an intervention. The American People will soon have the opportunity to show him the tough love that he needs for our country’s benefit: first, by ousting his enabling congressional majorities in November, and then by ensuring that he not be reelected in 2012.

For the free world to remain free, this man-child must be disallowed from masking his old pain and cold anger by remaining in office beyond this current destructive term. He needs to face his demons head on. But he can’t do that if we continue to enable him.

Narcissism is neither self-worth nor self-respect — and its flip side, self-loathing, is demonstrated by his mongrelized buzzword and other realistic radical euphemisms.

Ache for Obama all you wish, but please do so as you would for a bipolar ex-girlfriend.  You wouldn’t let her move back in, would you?

*     *     *

UPDATE: Monday, 11:00 p.m

President Obama addressed a Milwaukee, WI crowd during a Labor Day rally today and stated, apparently off the cuff:

Some powerful interests that have been dominating the agenda in Washington for a long time, and they’re not always happy with me. They talk about me like a dog. That’s not in my prepared remarks, but it’s true.

Yet, when discussing what kind of family dog he and Michelle would get for the kids, the president said that he wanted “a mutt, like me.”  And, of course, sitting among fawning women (and one skeptical lady) on The View, he proudly characterized himself as part of a “mongrel” people.  “Mongrel,” of course, is historically a racist pejorative when used in a Byrd-like context, but also more generally denotes an inferior, mixed-breed dog.  On The View:

The interesting thing about the ‘African American’ experience in this country is that we are sort of a mongrel people. I mean, we are all kind [sic] of mixed up. And, now that’s actually true for white America as well, but we ['African Americans'] just know more about it.

So, to clarify:

President Obama projected pride in considering himself a “mixed-up mongrel” who knows more about the trials and tribulations of “mixed-up mongrels” than do whites, but feels victimized by unnamed “powerful interests” that talk about him “like a dog.”

—————
Sincere gratitude to KJ Adan for contributing to this piece

Comments

1. whats_up says:

@ A.B.

Here is my first posting:

This was neither a bold nor brave piece. What it does stink of is plain old hatred masked as an article. I expected better of the posters here at AR. Personal insults is all that you have Adam. That shows lack of intelligence on the issues. It is possible to debate issues with out degrading those that espouse them.

Perhaps you could point out to me whom I have insulted?

2. A.B. says:

Lori Killion:

“Unity is Overrated… Denouncing partisanship doesn’t make anyone pure of heart…” – Jonah Goldberg ~ http://bit.ly/9xnZC7

Including you.

3. kj says:

Hi What’s Up. I’ve been blogging for a while & I usually don’t find it necessary to respond to your type of blog comment, but since you asked a question, I felt it fair to answer.

You wanted to know if Adam could point out whom you have insulted. Well, you posted “Personal insults is all that you have Adam. That shows lack of intelligence on the issues,” & that seems pretty insulting. Lack of intelligence is not a highly regarded quality in human society, so one can gather you meant to be insulting.

As I contributed to this piece, I did not personally find that insulting even though I knew you were not referring to just Adam. However, I’d like to understand why you thought the piece was personally insulting to the President, rather than insights into someone’s personality & how it affects their behaviour toward others (us). I then saw that you earlier took issue with the “eat-your-greens” comment re: Mrs. Obama. What in that statement is untrue? She is anti-choice in food, which makes her seem like a scold. Is it “scold” you have a problem with, or do you yourself believe people ought to be told to eat their greens & also cultivate their land with personal gardens?

I can also assure you, What’s Up, that Adam Baldwin most certainly is well versed in the issues, reads extensively, and is perfectly happy to discuss them. When you address an actual issue, I’m sure you will find that out.

4. Samuel Adams says:

One thing for sure, AB has some killer quotes. I’ve gotta keep a steno pad by my computer now. It’s a pleasure having AB, and now KJ in here.

5. Jeff Schreiber says:

Sam,

I’ve asked KJ if she would like to make her own contributions. You know me — I believe in strength in numbers, and rather than have five or six writers who feel like they have to contribute every week, I’d like to have 50 or 60 who contribute when their passion boils over, even if that’s only once every couple of months.

I know that KJ did some work for Kevin Jackson over at The Black Sphere. I’ll be finally meeting Kevin in person this week up in DC–I’ve spoken to him a number of times over the phone–and if she’s as fantastic as he is, everyone here is in for a treat.

Motoring along, folks. Motoring along. I just wish I had more time to spend on the site during the day, but every moment I spend away from legal work is money out of the pocket of my boss and friend (also someone who might be doing some writing here, too) and I just don’t feel right doing it.

6. whats_up says:

@kj,

What I have a problem with is that instead of taking about issues, people demonize and insult the other side. Who cares if Mrs. Obama is anti-choice in food. What exactly does that have to do with her husbands stance on issues. More importantly what does that have to do with any of the problems of this country?

Behind every successful man, there is a successful woman.

0 for 2.

8. Are you kidding? says:

“Who cares if Mrs. Obama is anti-choice in food”

I do. That cuts to the heart of who she is, and what she wants to ‘make’ us.

9. Gail B. says:

“All straw dogs are equal, it seems, but some mongrels are more equal than others.”

ROFLMAO!!! Good one!

10. Gail B. says:

Folks, the best way to handle Whats_up is to IGNORE him. He has yet to give anything of substance. He just takes issue with anything conservative or against his idol, The One.

That was a hard lesson for me to learn because I DID SO WANT him to understand. Until he takes the cotton out of his ears and stuffs it into his mouth, though, he’s just not going to learn anything. Well, when the value drains out of his dollars, his savings are gone, and his taxes go sky high, maybe that will get his attention.

Whats_up, don’t say we haven’t warned you.

11. whats_up says:

@Gail

He just takes issue with anything conservative or against his idol, The One.

Gail this is false and you well know it. Number one I dont take issue with things just because they are conservative, I take issue with things I DONT AGREE with. Two, my idol is my father and no one else. Many things Obama has done I dont agree with and I am not hesitant to say so. Gail do me a favor and dont pretend to know what I think.

12. Sam says:

Look on the bright side, the clicks of whats_up and Monsieur Buyon might be bringing Jeff a few pennies.

13. Sam says:

I am so proud. That was my baby, ‘bold and brave’ that started this round of discontent. Wow, the power of the pen. Has a much better ring to it than the ‘young and the restless’, don’t ya think?

14. Look both ways says:

Who cares if WE are anti-choice in First Ladies. That’s a two way street you’re standing in there, whats_up. She’s not my momma.

15. Dee says:

I guess some of the things that BO and Michelle say might be a little more tolerable if they practiced what they preached. If she can tell us what foods would be good for our children and ourselves, it’s hard to hear that she is eating lobster and ice cream. We are to look forward to electric cars but if I recall correctly, electricity is produced with coal and heaven forbid we should dig for dirty coal.
    BO did mention wanting a “mutt” from a shelter when they were looking for a dog but bought a very expensive purebred supposedly because the one daughter has allergies. Since I volunteer in an animal shelter, I bet we could probably find a shelter dog that she would not be allergic to.
    BO tells us to cut down on travel but has no problem flying hither and yon. We need to cut back and save but the White House parties on.
    The rich need to give up more of their money apparently for roads and bridges. It seems to me that the rich buy big toys that need to be manufactured, which means that companies need workers. The wealthy are the ones who use their money create ideas that financiallly benefit the working class. I still maintain that the economy started to tank when the Dems took over both the House and the Senate. I could be wrong and I am sure that my co-horts here will be more than happy to tell me where my thinking is flawed.
    I think that in addition to driving the country over a cliff the little things add up to a poor role model.
    I do enjoy hearing the other side by way of whats_up and John Buyon.
    Thank you all.

16. Dee is right says:

OBAMA FAMILY = HYPOCRISY

17. Audrey says:

whats_up – Sorry for the delay in answering your comment – it’s “back to school week” & am getting one ready to go to college.

Adam – if I am lucky enough that you are reading these posts, if you could tell me anything at all about AMDA in Los Angeles – like if it has a good reputation, & is a good place to go, worth the money, & I shouldn’t worry about sending my daughter out there next month, it would really put my mind at ease, & would be greatly appreciated.

Back to whats_up – first of all, I DID say I didn’t like your point of view – I said “I still wouldn’t agree with them” meaning your comments. Also – who did you degrade? You accused A.B. of “hatred masked as an article”. which sounds like an insult to me. It belittles the work & research that went into this piece, which is pretty obvious given the use of quotes & the material from Obama’s own book, ETC. You used the word “stink”. If you didn’t mean to be inflammatory & insulting, could you not have just said, “I disagree with your conclusions”? You said “Personal insults are all you have” & “shows lack of intelligence on the issues”. That doesn’t sound like a personal attack to you?? If someone came up to you & said that, you wouldn’t be insulted? Maybe you wouldn’t take it personally if someone told you you showed a lack of intelligence – but then why are you bothering to respond to people’s comments? I see a lot of intelligence in this article, & a lot of work put into it. Why don’t you try writing one – with facts & research – & see how “easy” it is? Where did all those quotes come from? If reporters had dug into Obama’s books, maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess. And yes, Obama has only selectively chosen what he wants us to know about him – that’s a fact, not a personal insult. Did you miss the little bit of empathy – “that abandoned an innocent child”? Boy – that sounds “hate-filled” to me… Not. You seem to think A.B. degraded Obama in his article – but you don’t see that telling someone they show a lack of intelligence & have just written a hate-filled article rather than an intelligent piece, is degrading. Really??

WOW, Audrey, WOW. Hopefully, your daughter will turn out, just like you.

19. just asking says:

is that a pic of barry soetoro up there or is that his twin?

20. Audrey says:

Anonymous – thank you for the nice compliment! I’m just hoping my daughter will maintain her level-headedness once she moves out to LA for college. Not so easy to let your 18 yr old move across the country. Also, I was remiss in not including KJ Adan in my compliments on this article – sorry!

21. 1389AD says:

The word “miscegnation” comes from “miscere” = “to mix”.

Its inherent meaning is a simple statement of fact – mixed ancestry – and need not be taken as a pejorative. Unless, of course, somebody WANTS to take it as a pejorative in order to portray himself as an eternal victim.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Wednesday, April 25, 2012: ‘Mongrel-in-Chief’(w/ update) Share this:TwitterStumbleUponDiggFacebookRedditLinkedInLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]