The Mall? The Ball Game?

Human Events: A.W.R. Hawkins: Where Will You Be When You Hear ‘Allahu Akbar’?

As United Airlines flight 93 dove toward the ground on September 11, 2001, the hijackers piloting the plane could be heard shouting “Allahu Akbar.” In 2004, as other Muslim terrorists beheaded American Nick Berg, shouts of “Allahu Akbar” accompanied the sawing at his neck. And just before Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan opened fire on soldiers at Fort Hood, Tex., in 2009, witnesses say he shouted “Allahu Akbar” as well.

“Allahu Akbar” is normally translated as an exclamation of the greatness of Allah. If you see a pattern in the type of people who use this phrase and the timing by which they employ it, you’re at least more astute than Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, whose greatest concern following the Fort Hood attacks was that American Muslims might face “a backlash.”

Couple Napolitano’s blatant ignorance with President Obama’s willful submission to Islam via his support for the construction of a mosque at Ground Zero, and it’s no wonder radical Islamists are strutting around like banty roosters while simultaneously calling for the death of the West.

The Islamofascists are preparing to raid our castle and instead of defining the enemy and mounting proper defenses, Obama and company are making sure the front door is easy to kick open. We are vulnerable and we must each ask ourselves where we will be when we hear “Allahu Akbar.”

I’m a few days late in pointing out this piece. Still worth a read and worthy of passing around.

So, where will YOU be?

Comments

1. whats_up says:

What utter crap, just because you support the building of the Mosque doesnt mean that you are willfully submitting to Islam. Another scare piece that doesnt actually address any facts. Is this all that Conservatism has left, trying to scare people. They dont think like us so they must be evil. Surely Conservatism has strengths that can be put forth, instead of useless dribble such as this article. If this is all that Conservatism has left then it is finished. After all this country does have over 7 million muslims in it, who attend Mosques all over the country. Pathetic what some Conservatives have come to. Pathetic.

2. Jeff Schreiber says:

“They dont think like us so they must be evil. ”

No, What’s Up. They’re evil because they stone women for being gang-raped. They’re evil because they saw off the heads of innocent people. They’re evil because they kill indiscriminately in the name of the so-called “Religion of Peace.” You don’t think like me, What’s Up, but I don’t think you’re evil — I just think you’re wrong.

This is a matter of right versus should. If this were a Baptist Church setting up shop right next to an abortion clinic where they bombed and killed a bunch of innocent people, I would consider their construction plans to be equally tasteless.

3. whats_up says:

However these Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11. Should I condemn all Christians for what a Christian militia in Africa has done? Many of these Muslims who are for this Mosque are Americans, can you tell me who’s head they have chopped off, whom have they killed. Are you really going to condemn an entire relegion for what some of its followers do, are you prepared to be judged that way?

4. Ima SoBelle says:

What’s up, Why can’t people get the fact that Islamist terrorists killed over 3000 people on 9/11 and that building an Islamic “Community Center” virtually on the spot where that happened is a bitter reminder for not only the families of the dead but millions of Americans. Poor taste is putting it mildly. If they really care about improving the image of Islam they would not insist on having the center practically at Ground Zero. Why do they want to build it in the financial district of New York City? Are we just a tad suspicious of their motivation when we look at the leader who is promoting it and examine his statements over the past 10 years regarding America, Americans and what he promotes? You bet we are. I don’t know a single person opposing the building of this center who opposes building a mosque somewhere else. In fact,there is already a mosque a couple of blocks away that has been there about 20 years as I understand it. If it is not large enough to serve the Muslim community in NYC any more, put the center somewhere else. The intransigence of those planning the center tells it all. They are not interested in getting along as good neighbors. In my opinion, if built near Ground Zero, this community center will be a symbol to them and to us.

I do not condem all Muslims for what some of its followers do any more than I condemn all Germans for what Hitler did or the Japanese people for what happened in WWII. Maybe some day, another generation or two down the line, people will feel differently, but for now, it is still too fresh and raw.

5. Double tap says:

If I am to hear those words, “Allah Akbar” in the frame that you have framed it, I hope I happen to be packing that day, and have a moment to utter the Serenity Prayer, before I go about my business. Lord, give me the strength, courage, and serenity afterwards to rid the world of this nutjob…. and it will then be upon you to grant him any rest-in-peace.

1:27, read the ‘Holy’ Qu’ran.

@ whats_up

Sure judge me by my book, I’ll define them by theirs.
    Read the Quran/Koran, and get back to us. ‘You either is, or you ain’t’ – by definition.

What an easy life you must have had to never understand how, collectively, ‘we’ have gotten to this time.

Do you not concede a concerted effort for the influence of Sharia Law?

Being liberal, in it’s ideals, does not make one superior in intellect, it just defines an ignorance to human nature and oppression.

8. Gail B. says:

“Is this all that Conservatism has left, trying to scare people.”

You might recognize some things, Whats_up, if you were to read Saul D. Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.”

In the chapter “Tactics,” we find the following: (Pay attention to the third rule in particular!)

“Always remember the first rule of power tactics: POWER IS NOT ONLY WHAT YOU HAVE BUT WHAT THE ENEMY THINKS YOU HAVE.

The second rule is: NEVER GO OUTSIDE THE EXPERIENCE OF YOUR PEOPLE. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear, and retreat. It also means a collapse of communication, as we have noted.

The third rule is: WHEREVER POSSIBLE GO OUTSIDE OF THE EXPERIENCE OF THE ENEMY. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.”

I guess this is why so many politicians get caught in lies–the lies give the impression that the politician has more information–and thus more authority–(first rule). If all his people are on the same page, there’s no confusion in their minds–the all tell the same lies. But the third rule is exactly a tactic for power being used by the radical left–and Obama & Co. No wonder Joe Wilson gave his two words of truth: “You lie!”

Why couldn’t Obama hold a National Day of Prayer? Why were all Christian symbols covered at Georgetown when he spoke there? Why did he bow to the Muslim king?

There are some questions being asked of the imam that he won’t answer pertaining to Hamas and to funding of the mosque. Until the imam is more transparent, I don’t even want the Mosque built ANYWHERE.

I DO NOT FEEL SAFE ANYMORE, IN SPITE OF THE GARGANTUAN FEDERAL GOVENMENT WE’RE PAYING FOR WHOSE JOB IT IS TO ENSURE OUR SECURITY.

9. Gail B. says:

OOPS!

“We have had one terrorist attack against the United States in the year and a half that Obama has usurped the White House than we did in the eight years that George W. Bush was President of the United States.”

MAKE THAT: We have had MORE terrorist attacks against the United States in the year and a half that Obama has usurped the White House than we did in the EIGHT YEARS that George W. Bush was President of the United States.

10. Gail B. says:

“Many of these Muslims who are for this Mosque are Americans, can you tell me who’s head they have chopped off, whom have they killed.”

Can you ensure that no radical Islamic Muslims wouldn’t be members of that mosque? Do you not remember that there are American citizens who are members of terrorist groups and have joined in attempts to kill Americans? How do you know that the radical Islamic Muslims won’t turn against the American people as a whole on our own soil?

11. Gail B. says:

Can you answer this? If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why is the press in such a panic over Obama’s religion? By law he had to study his own religion (Islam) even though he attended a Catholic school in Indonesia. So what’s the big deal with the press over whether Obama is an Islamic Muslim or not? He celebrated Ramadan in the White House (but would not have a National Day of Prayer for the Christians.

What does that say to you?

12. Boston Blackie says:

“However these Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11″
    Actually whats-up in my mind they did.
    By their silence in condemning the attacks on our embassies, The Cole, 9/11 and sharia law amd well as the daily degrading of women, they ARE just as guilty – maybe even more if they are Americans.

13. Boston Blackie says:

Let’s just add insult to injury, the proposed mosque in lower Manhattan may qualify for public funding / tax breaks.

14. John Buyon says:

it is poor judgment to build a masque near the Twin towers area.
    it is legal under american laws to build the mosque but it is technically not illegal for me to piss in a church drinking cup but should I do it?
    I’m sorry but I’m with Jeff on this one.

15. Gail B. says:

John Buyon said:

“I’m sorry but I’m with Jeff on this one.”

John Buyon, that’s one of the most intelligent statements you have made here! (How about seeing what you can do with Whats_up’s thinking?!)

16. JackBoot101 says:

Islam is not a religion. Islam is a socio-political system with a religious component. It’s laws cover every aspect of life and are antithetical to American values and freedom. If you haven’t seen pictures on the web of Muslims in the UK holding signs that say “Damn Freedom” etc, you haven’t been looking.

17. whats_up says:

@ Ima SoBelle

How close is too close to ground zero, two blocks, ten blocks, twenty blocks?

@Gail,

Sometime Gail you are so all over the place that you lose credibility. Are you aware that the National Day of Prayer at the White House held annually really only occured under Bush the younger. Reagan only held one such vigil, Bush the elder only one, Clinton none. Are these men now closet muslims as well…? Lastly can you assure us that no American will become radicalized and turn against the American people as a whole? Of course you cant, what a crazy and unreal not to mention unconstitutional standard that you have set. The greatness of America is her freedoms, not the subjagation of a group of people because they beileve differently.

@Boston Blackie

I see because they were silenty they are more to blame. Can I use that standard against Catholics, if they were silent they are more to blame for the rampant pedophilia that occured. Seriously how do you know that all American Muslims were silent about what occured?

apology accepted

Feeding the goats gruff.

20. Gail B. says:

Whats_up, you’re so “all over the place that you lose your OWN credibility!”

I just found this:

On April 17, 1952, President Harry S. Truman signed a bill proclaiming a National Day of Prayer must be declared by each following president at an appropriate date of his choice. In 1982 a conservative evangelical Christian organization called the “National Prayer Committee” was formed to coordinate and implement a fixed annual day of prayer for the purpose of organizing evangelical Christian prayer events with local, state, and federal government entities[9]. In his 1983 declaration, Ronald Reagan said, “From General Washington’s struggle at Valley Forge to the present, this Nation has fervently sought and received divine guidance as it pursued the course of history. This occasion provides our Nation with an opportunity to further recognize the source of our blessings, and to seek His help for the challenges we face today and in the future.” In 1988, the law was amended so that the National Day of Prayer would be held on the first Thursday of May. Two stated intentions of the National Day of Prayer were that it would be a day when adherents of all great religions could unite in prayer and that it may one day bring renewed respect for God to all the peoples of the world.

That’s 58 years ago, Whats_up.

21. whats_up says:

@ Gail,

I am very aware of when Truman signed the bill. Obama still declared that day a National day of prayer, he just didnt have a ceremony at the White House. I notice you didnt address any of my points about Reagan, Bush the elder and Clinton. I will take it that you know the facts and are simply continuing this discussion for partisian politcal reasons and will now bow out.

22. Gail B. says:

What_up–

No, I’m just not going to waste any more of my time arguing with you. This really gets old, Whats_up, and I’m sure Jeff has better things to do that stand over two adults acting like kindergartners on a playground.

23. whats_up says:

@ Gail,

It does really get old, especially when Conservatives who should know better simply ignore facts, as in things that are factual. However I have allready broken my word, my apologies that I even engaged in this again.

24. Boston Blackie says:

whats-up,
    I live in the epicenter of the rampant pedophilia crisis here in Boston. There are currently two priests that are serving time that were from my parish church. I know of no Catholic that kept silent. We are still protesting the fact that Cardinal Law was transferred to Rome and not prosecuted. If you were paying attention during the special election that Scott Brown won, many – including myself – spoke out against Martha Coakley because she refused to prosecute Law for violating state laws. Where did I say ALL Muslims were silent. I said if you are silent then yes you are guilty whether Catholic or Muslim. The difference is I can point to numerous articles / examples of Catholics speaking out against pedophile priests. I don’t recall any Muslims except Raheel Raza, a Canadian interfaith advocate.

25. whats_up says:

test

26. kentek says:

And,boys and girls, if you think there are ‘moderate’ Muslims you don’t know enough about Islam!

27. Ima SoBelle says:

Whats_up, You said: “I understand what you are saying, do you understand that their are millions of Americans that also support the building of this mosque and that includes members of families who lost loved ones on 9/11. Also it should be noted that among the dead were muslims.

How close is too close to ground zero, two blocks, ten blocks, twenty blocks?”

How many more millions are there that oppose the building of it THERE? It is opposed by 70% the people of NYC who after all, have to live with it if it is built there. If there are those who lost famly/friends on 9/11 and they support its being built there, that is their perogative. I still feel that the building site choice is not only unfortunate, but a poke in the eye of America. Yes, 2 blocks from Ground Zero is too close. Way too close.

6:15, did your test come back positive?

29. PSI says:

Where will I be when I hear “Allahu Akbar”?

Geographically I cannot say.

Physically I hope to already be behind a good sight picture. The only feelings I’ll have is recoil.

30. Next! says:

I hope they enjoy the seven words they’ll hear after they spout their two words Allahu Akbar… ‘Welcome to the Judgement Seat of Christ”.