A Liberal Grip on Reality

The accosting demands of liberal America are really starting to get to me. They are unmatched in fury, money, and their grip on the media and, as a result, groups like moveon.org are financing and actively pursuing the downfall of America. Really.

I am no demagogue; these are simply the truths of our circumstances. Take a look at Target, America’s second largest retailer behind Walmart. Target recently donated $150,000 to a business group named MN Forward, a group which supports Tom Emmer, a conservative Minnesotan looking to win this fall and succeed Tim Pawlenty as Minnesota’s chief executive. Emmer is a Republican, and made the decision to run for office because he believes Minnesota can do better.  Emmer, like many conservatives, is opposed to gay marriage.  Unfortunately, due to his convictions, Emmer has been under fire.  Also a target?  Target, for its donation to MN Forward.

With Target’s $150,000 donation to MN Forward, the liberal elite of America–a.k.a the bully unions and the financiers of the American media–have launched an attack on Target. Moveon.org has initiated a series of protests against Target and gay rights groups across our nation are demanding Target give a matching donation to the gay advocacy group of their choice. Who would have thought that one day in our republic the demands of an elite few would dominate the beliefs of our nation? This nonsense has shook me to my core, redrawn my fervor for justice in our country, and renewed my passion to see the right kind of Republicans elected across America this November.

If I wasn’t going away this weekend I would be out at my local Target countering liberal America’s attack on our freedoms. The Supreme Court case Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission has cleared the way for corporate giving, and whether you agree with this case or not it is in fact a declared right in our country, one which I implore liberal America to respect. A corporation is, by law, an artificial jural person — therefore, why can’t a corporation choose to donate to the cause of their choice? Why must we pander to the cause of a progressive militia like moveon.org?

Am I angry? Sure. Am I passionate about this country I love? Absolutely. I stand with my convictions to see that America triumph and move forward, because the voice of We the People is under attack in our nation, an attack which stems from more than the leaders in Washington, an attack which has been launched by the unions of America, the liberal elite that fund our broken laws and the chosen few who believe their rights trump the rest of those in America.

Unfortunately, Target just recently apologized for its decision to donate to MN Forward.  Admittedly, I am disappointed.  Target caved in to the pressure, and it’s a testament to the power of the American left, but even considering that, I dare say that the resolve of the American people is far greater than that of an angry mob. This weekend, I ask that you shop at your local Target and perhaps even visit MN Forward’s Web site and make a donation to a cause worth fighting for.  Today, liberal America attacks corporate choice, tomorrow they attack your neighbor’s freedom of speech and, next, it will be yours. We must stand up against tyranny because, as Walt Whitman once said, “There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.”

Comments

1. Tory says:

In the old Jimmy Cagney-type of movies, wouldn’t this be called a shakedown? Extortion?

2. Manicured wine sippers says:

“if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance

WE’RE TOAST.

3. whats_up says:

I see, so those who dont like who Target donated to should just have to shut their mouth and not be heard. I find it ironic that you deplore liberals for attacking your “neighbors freedom of speech.” Yet you do the very same thing with this article. To whom corporations donate to has consequences, liberal groups have every right to criticize and protest these organizations, it is called freedom of speech, and it does have consequences.

And ‘they’ didn’t even care when Pacific Gas & Electric privately owned, PUBLIC REGULATED utility gave 250K of consumer profit to the No on 8 campaign.
    ‘Their’ own arguments are applied as their agenda needs. Do as we say, not as we do, and whatever we say is that you’re wrong.

@ whats_up;

invoking my free speech – “es tea eph ewe”

“Target give a matching donation to the gay advocacy group of their choice”

agenda oriented and no different.

6. Jordan Bell says:

To whats_up,

To whom Target donates their money is their choice, and are Constitutionally protected to do it. Whether its to a conservative candidate or gay rights group, it is their choice. What the issue is is that gay rights groups are demanding that Target donate an equal amount of their money to a candidate of their choice, which is in essence a shakedown, and they have no right to demand Target to do a forced donation. From the article:

“A national gay rights group is negotiating with Target officials, demanding that the firm balance the scale by making comparable donations to benefit candidates it favors. Meanwhile, the controversy is threatening to complicate Target’s business plans in other urban markets. Several city officials in San Francisco, one of the cities where Target hopes to expand, have begun criticizing the company.”

The gay rights group is attacking Targets freedom of choice. If they want to protest Target’s choice that is their right, but they have no right to demand them to make a donation.

7. Dee says:

How many of them shop at Target? Probably not many. Nordstroms is more their style or LL Bean. Target should not have to apologize. Guess who took a large donation from “Big” and therefore, bad, oil companies? Hint, he’s in the white house.

Let’s ALL boycott ourselves back to the stone ages.

Is this Jessie Jackson back at work???????

I thought Target did not sell Che, Mao and Lenin t-shirts. Why in heavens name would they ever shop at Target?

11. Tory says:

“I find it ironic that you deplore liberals for attacking your “neighbors freedom of speech.”

Much like when, just a few short years ago, libs pressured Target into banning the Salvation Army Christmas donation kettles from their properties, claiming offense at the Christian connotations of the S.A., on private property, no less?

There’s a vast difference—legally, logically, and ethically—between vocalizing displeasure and demanding money,aka extortion. If we have to state the obvious…that’s just astonishing, but very telling of the liberal mindset’s unharnessed hypocrisy. It’s also their Achilles Heel that makes the right’s steady drumbeat of facts and logic pretty effective.

12. whats_up says:

@ Jordan Bell,

Groups can “demand” anything they want, Target is under no obligation to do anything. A liberal group “demanding” that someone do something is irrelevant as they have no power to make said company do anything. They do have a right to state that Target should donate to that group and Target has a right to tell them to shove it. Its all free speech my friend. Its all protected.

13. whats_up says:

@ Tory

Let me get this straight, you really think Target is being extorted here, how so and be specific. Many groups “demand” many things, doesnt mean they are going to happen. However it sounds like to me you dont like liberal groups “demanding” anything. That my friend would violate there first amendment rights. After all I can “demand” that you stop posting here, doesnt mean that its going to happen, nor in fact do I have any power to force you to do anything. Sounds like more conservative whinning to me.

14. Sam says:

I stand with Tory and Jordan Bell.

15. Gail B. says:

Whats_up, you give the impression that you are (1) a sore loser and (2) did not do well in school. So, unless you can show improvement in the use of your native language to express your liberal views, your comments will continue to represent you as an opinionated, uneducated sore loser. Here in the South we call folks like that “rednecks.”

We can’t figure out whether you are here to change our views or to learn something for yourself.

I was a Democrat for 50 (count ‘em — fifty) years until I woke up to what was going on around me. Then I began to pay attention to what people like those at America’s Right were telling me. We are here because we want to know more about what’s going on with candidates, congressmen, Progressives, the president and his cabinet and agenda. This begs the question “why are you here?”

16. Sam says:

Gail is back, and in full swing!!!!

17. whats_up says:

Gail,

What gave you the impression that A. I am a sore loser? and B. that I didnt do well in school? I understand why you are here, usually it is to listen to your echo chamber and reinforce, in your mind, that you are on the “right” side of things. I am here to engage those who dont think like I do politically in order to find a compromise on those issues that effect our great country. In spite of what you have been told there are millions of Liberals and they are loving Americans who are proud of their country.

whats_up, doc

There are some things you can’t ‘compromise’.