Criminality at the White House?

TheHill.com: Watchdog wants investigation of White House e-mails

I know, I know.  The idea that anyone at the White House would be violating Obama’s pledge to get tough on lobbyists and breaking federal law to boot is just preposterous.  So I’m sure we can all just ignore this story.  That’s what the MSM will no doubt do.

A liberal watchdog has called for an investigation into whether White House employees are using personal e-mail accounts to contact lobbyists in violation of federal law.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) sent a letter to House Oversight Committee chairman Ed Towns (D-N.Y.) and ranking member Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) Monday asking them to initiate an investigation into whether White House employees used personal e-mail accounts to contact lobbyists in violation of the Presidential Records Act (PRA).

The letter also takes White House staff to task for meeting with lobbyists in nearby coffee shops instead of in the White House, where the meetings would be recorded in the White House visitor logs.

Now that’s “change we can believe in”, am I right?

Comments

1. Momathome says:

I feel like I’m reliving the 90s when every week brought a new scandal involving the Clintons….Whitewater, The Rose Law Firm, the Travel office firings, Lincoln Bedroom sleepovers, the Buddhist nun donations and so on and so on.

Sadly, the silence from the MSM regarding the moral and legal shortcomings of the occupants of the White House is exactly the same story now as it was then. Between Blago, the Romanoff/Sestak buyoffs, the NYC “flyover”, the Black Panther case being dropped, there is more than enough floating around to start major investigations. Sadly, all we get from the press is more of the same cheerleading, while the economy is in the tank, the military is trying to fight with one hand tied behind their back and the One is just pushing ahead with his agenda to turn all of America into a cesspool like Chicago.

Where does it all go from here? I wish that I knew and I wish that I could offer my kids some hope that if they work hard and play by the rules, they’ll succeed….but I’m afraid that I just don’t believe that any more!

2. Gail B. says:

Nothing this regime does surprises me anymore. They lie, break laws, connive, bribe, threaten, pressure, and so forth.

The POTUS Blackberry comes to mind, too.

3. John F Kickme says:

Ask not, what your country can do for you,
    but for what your lobbyist can squeeze out of this government for you.

4. Boston Blackie says:

Gail,
    I second your comments!
    Wait until this late fall with a lame duck Congress, what they will be doing then. They will make the Clintons’ stealing everyone on Air Force One that wasn’t nailed down look like child’s play.

5. Melinda says:

Wow, I’m SO glad you brought up all those Clinton “scandals.” The Lincoln Bedroom! Who did those people think they were, inviting whoever they wanted to sleep in THEIR house! Whitewater, you know, cost us over $40 million, and NO wrongdoing found! Thank you, rightwingnuts for this colossal waste of time, money and effort when the country needed our President focused on OUR problems. Thank God President Clinton was still able to bring us 8 years of unprecedented peace and prosperity! I am VERY grateful! Up until now, the administration with the MOST criminals (as commonly defined by being, you know, CONVICTED of anything) has been Reagan’s, but Bush 2 is still being investigated, so, who knows, they may yet score a record.

9:09 said “THEIR house!”

you shallow, pathetic, thing.

7. Momathome says:

Melinda,

Just a quick question….how often do YOU invite people you DON”T KNOW to stay at YOUR house? And do you charge them money to do so? This was never about the Clintons inviting friends or family to come and stay with them while they were living in the White House – it was about them TAKING money from people who were looking to influence future legislation/elections!

There is none so blind as those who will not see

8. whats_up says:

@momathome

You are kidding me, you mean politicians accept money from those who are looking to influence future legislation. Tell me that Conservatives dont do this, oh wait, EVERY politician does.

You are right with this though:

There is none so blind as those who will not see.

4:54, he defiled that house with Monica so badly, what the heck, let the bribes go on. I forgot this was a schoolyard…… “they did it too!!!!”.

10. See ya in 12, crook says:

NEW YORK – A wealthy Manhattan investment banker and former top Democratic fundraiser was sentenced Thursday to 12 years in prison for defrauding banks of $292 million, some of which he donated to politicians including Barack Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Al Gore.

Hassan Nemazee, 60, had reached a plea deal in March, admitting that he cheated banks out of the money and pleading guilty to three counts of bank fraud and one count of wire fraud. U.S. District Judge Sidney Stein in Manhattan said he’ll get out of prison in about a decade.

Nemazee was the national finance chairman of Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign; he also raised money for Obama and a long list of other prominent Democrats. He was Sen. John Kerry’s New York finance chairman during his failed 2004 presidential run.