Revolutionary Teachers

Fox News: With Revolutionaries ‘Looking On,’ Teachers Take Kids on a Protest Trip to Arizona

Still more reasons to love teacher’s unions:

Standing in front of a wall-to-wall mural featuring a who’s who of revolutionaries, including Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro and Che Guevara, and boldly displaying the motto Patria o Muerte, Venceremos!!! (Fatherland or Death, We Shall Overcome!!!), a group of teachers, students, parents and community activists in the Los Angeles Unified School District gathered last month for an unusual field trip — to Arizona, to protest that state’s controversial immigration law.

Just weeks ago we had social studies teacher Ron Gochez on YouTub calling California “stolen, occupied land”, but now his buddy Jose Lara has chimed in.  Fox News calls him another social studies teacher, but he refers to himself as a “social justice instructor”:

I link this to teacher’s unions because this is just another great reason why we can’t afford to have some monolithic, powerful union in charge of indoctrinating our children.  Because that sets up the scenario where radical nut-jobs like Gochez and Lara can entrench themselves into positions of authority over our children and there’s basically nothing you can do to remove them.

Even if you do get the political clout to remove them through politics, the situation is still dangerous because we’re still in a situation where government is in control of what we teach our children.  The only long-run solution is to break the backs of teacher’s unions and privatize education.  Charter schools would be a good start, giving parents the option to remove their kids from classrooms taught by revolutionary psychos.

Comments

1. They will inadvertently boost (albeit minimally) AZ’s economy by spending $ there. What a bunch of idiots!

2. William A. Rose says:

Sounds good to me. Charter schools cost a fortune. Can the average John and Jane Q. Public really afford to send their child or children to such a school?

In lieu of a Charter School, we have the home-School option. I hear many good things about it. Trouble is, society is so structured that both parents typically must work to keep a roof over their heads – there’s no time for one of the parents to home-school the kids. I wonder just how well educated we are anymore, as well. Are we actually able to teach our children enough so that they could pursue higher education and be successful? I hear home-schooled children are educated well beyond what the government school system is capable of. A private school would surely be even better.

And then there’s the government, again. It wants to indoctrinate our kids. It teaches them Evolution, which is an outright lie and also destroys any belief in God. There are so many lies in the textbooks, it’s nearly impossible to enumerate all of them. History is being rewritten regularly to achieve whatever agenda is appropriate for the day. Textbooks are being blatantly engineered as well. Every so often that topic is in the news.

The government is not responsible for the education of our children. Never has been and it has no Constitutional authority to engage in such activity.

The problem is not just here in the USA. As for Home-Schooling, there is a family from Germany that had to race to leave their homeland or lose their kids – the State was going to seize their children. There are many, many cases of this persecution, predominantly in Germany, that have garnered national media attention. Hte family I mentioned, was granted asylum here in the USA in January. Our good ole’ ICE has appealed their asylum and is seeking to send em packin’. ICE cites a 3rd Reich law as well as a case and contends the American Judges should follow the German law. Curiously, I’d think here in America, we should follow American law (JMHO).

3. Robert Wallace says:

“Charter schools cost a fortune.”

Why would they be any more expensive than public schools? Unless you mean the fact that people have to pay out-of-pocket for charter schools, in which case I should add that school vouchers and charter schools go hand-in-hand.

“I hear home-schooled children are educated well beyond what the government school system is capable of.”

I believe that varies widely on the ability and inclinations of the parents.

“A private school would surely be even better.”

Yes, but that would be very expensive.

“It teaches them Evolution, which is an outright lie and also destroys any belief in God.”

Every major Christian denomination that I know of is compatible with evolution. From Catholicism to Mormonism I don’t know of any that preclude a belief in evolution, and so I find it extremely strange to say that evolution “destroys belief in God”. It’s true that a warped misunderstanding of evolution has become an essential element of progressive ideology, but the biological theory itself is no more atheist than the Big Bang is deist. (Do some reading on the controversy when the Big Bang was first proposed. It was invented by a Catholic priest, and at the time was considered a religious theory. The atheist stuck by their “steady state universe” notion until empirical evidence cascaded in for the Big Bang, proving once again that scientific doesn’t take sides in religious debates.

4. William A. Rose says:

I gotta hijack a thread. Again. Sorry folks. But this is important (I think).

You all know how The Constitution is being watered down and made of none effect, etc. Even Osama Obama said it’s an outdated document.

Well, search out the ducument as published by Wilder Publications, copyright 2008. Read the disclaimer. That will boil your blood – if you are a true American.

I would not have even know about this had I not heard about it on glenn Beck’s show. I wonder how he finds stuff like this.

Here’s a link to the document on Amazon. You can look inside and see the disclaimer there. Hehe. Just the idea of a disclaimer on The Constitution is ludicrous. http://www.amazon.com/Constitution-Declaration-Independence-Articles-Confederation/dp/1604592680#reader_1604592680

I really really really want to hear what you all think of this.

Can someone create this in it’s own thread? That would be cool.

5. Dr Scholl says:

Unions are nothing but bunions, minus a letter.

6. William A. Rose says:

Robert, I have studied the Creation vs. Evolution topic at great length. I stand firmly on Creation.

There are a number of video seminars that can be viewed, free of charge, that take a scientific and common sense approach to present both the Creation and Evolution arguments. Have an open mind and watch the video seminars, then think about the information that has been presented. I believe it will change your perspective. The video seminars can be found here: http://www.drdino.com/media-categories.php?c=seminars&v=10

As is the case in all things, there are some elements of utter nonsense or misrepresentation of fact. It’s not hard to spot most times. I find at least a little of that in most everything.

7. Boston Blackie says:

Reminds me that the Arizona Diamondbacks are in town this week to play the Red Sox. Since the Boston city council along with Mayor Fred Flintstone are boycotting all things Arizona (like Arizona Iced Tea cuz they are idiots)I can’t wait to see what will happen at Fenway Park. Is the city going to bar the police from doing required details and crowd control. Will the team have to bed down outside the city limits. Will the team / players’ credit cards be turned down at city restaurants. This is the same crew that just gave the fire fighters a 19% raise so they can do mandatory drug and alcohol testing.

8. J.B. says:

Robert, no major Christian denomination that I know of condones evolution.
    Simply reading the first three chapters of Genesis from a King James Bible will prove evolution false. God created all in six literal, twenty-four hour days.

What most fail to realize that the failing education system is only the symptom, it is a far cry from the actual disease.

Society has removed parenting from parents and the accompanying responsibility/accountability of rearing children. Majority of parents expect miracles from their expectations of what they would label elementary school, but parents ultimately view it as nothing more than daycare.

The voucher system is flawed and doesn’t solve the issue. The charter system has perpetuated further gross abuses. Private schooling, at a point affordable for most, is hardly the example by which the bar should be placed. Homeschooling, although quite effective for some, has been a complete detriment to many. Merit based pay will be useless without merit based student advancement.

The teacher’s lobby/union may be a travesty, but, based on societal lack of respect/honor for teachers, teaching, and education, unions are, presently, a necessary evil. Not that I agree with them, but, I have witnessed their necessary position. {see Jeff’s BP article}

For an interesting read:

PS. No offense, but this has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have read in a while
    “The ocean just needs to swallow up the Golden State. They are a drain (financially, culturally, politically, etc) on the rest of us.”

Love or hate it, the truth of the matter is that, So goes California, so does the rest of the country.

10. Anonymous at 2:07. You obviously failed to see the sarcasm in the statement. Sorry you lack a sense of humor. I was born and raised in California. It was once a great state; but has gone down the tubes. I am fully aware of the saying, “So goes California…..” (Hence my joke to get rid of or cleanse the state–because a lot of stuff coming out of CA is not something the rest of the nation should be emulating.)

It isn’t my sense of humor, the ‘joke’ wasn’t funny. There is/was nothing to hint to anything sarcastic or facetious, whatsoever.

If you were trying to be funny, answer me this….

Which state was the first to legalize same-sex marriage?

Which states has comparatively produced the most influential/effective damaging policy makers? (Dodd, Kennedy, Frank, Obama, Clinton, Gore, (this list pales in comparison than the state which the nation shouldn’t emulate))

The ‘stuff’ isn’t exclusive to CA, not in the slightest, not even proportionately. (look at New England, CO, NV, NC, VT, OH, MI, HI, etc…..) Policy frequently is adopted and implemented before CA.

In conclusion;
    It’s too bad you left. There remains only a remnant of reasonable people. (Meg Whitman… really? Whitman vs. Brown… oh come on)

ps. at about the same time you reference, so was it a great country.