Marine vs. the Teacher’s Union

Fox News: Marine Says He Faces Termination for Refusing to Pay Teacher’s Union Fee

More reasons to love teacher’s unions:

A retired U.S. Marine who runs a Massachusetts high school’s ROTC program says he faces termination if he doesn’t pay a $500 union fee by next week, a levy he refuses to pay because he already receives medical and dental benefits from the military.

Maj. Stephen Godin has asked for arbitration no less than 5 times, but to no avail.  The union would rather go for his job.

Comments

1. Semper Bye says:

The freedoms fought for at Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Hamburger Hill, and Fallujah….. are G O N E people.

2. I’ve taught school for ten years and I REFUSE to join the union. Ever. Talk about a bunch of kool-aid drinkers…..

I hope this guy prevails. (What kind of law forces one to join unions?!?!)

3. Tree house mentality says:

An F4 fighter pilot not good enough for their little club.

4. Boston Blackie says:

That is because in mASSachusetts where the pinky ring thugs rule, it is the LAW that he must join the union. When the union rep asked why they hadn’t responded to the Major’s numerous requests for arbitration, they used the ol’ inactive email account defense. A republican lawmaker tried to pass legislation to exempt the Marine but the democRATS in the majority tabled it. They were too busy passing legislation on a minimum age reqirement for ATVs.
    My money is on the Marine!

5. Gail B. says:

Why in the world would anybody want to live in Massachusetts?!

6. Boston Blackie says:

Gail,
    I say that just about EVERY day of my life. I consider living in mASSachusetts my own personal purgatory. Unfortunately, I am now stuck between a rock and a hard place until the real estate comes around (thankfully I will never be underwater with my mortgage like many). I am heading Jeff’s way just as soon as financially possible.

Massatwoshits would make an excellent F4, aw heck, F18…. practice range.

Very funny state name, 8:54