If the Oil Spill Wasn’t Bad Enough…

Fox News: Gulf Lawmakers Plead With Obama to Ease Drilling Ban, Warn of Economic Blow

Bipartisan pressure is building on the Obama administration to reconsider its ban on new offshore drilling, with Gulf lawmakers decrying the moratorium as an overreaction to the BP oil spill that will compound the economic damage the disaster is inflicting on their states.

Lawmakers and industry groups warn that the moratorium could cost thousands of jobs and drain hundreds of millions of dollars out of the local economy. That’s on top of the billions of dollars studies predict could be lost from hits to the tourism and fishing industries along the Gulf.

Someone should explain to Obama that replacing real jobs on the Gulf with pretend, temporary jobs with the Census is not a good way to speed America’s economic recovery.

Comments

1. Would you like fries with that? says:

There’s always McDonalds….. GRILL, BABY GRILL.

2. William A. Rose says:

Oh, but the government is taking care of us. Cradle to Grave. Hahahahahaha.

America is so screwed. Sooner or later, the people will realize it.

3. Old Richard says:

Robert;
    Where is common sense ??????? I know let’s hire 1,000,000 people
    to read Jan Brewers law and claim that many new jobs. never in my 66 +
    years of life have I seen such a rape of American values.
    The oboma BOY must go!!!!!!!
    Vote in 2010 Revolt in 2011.
    My forefathers fought for freedon, My Dad fought for freedom, I fought for
    freedom, and I will do so again and my sons will join me.

I an sick and tired of politics as usual. Lets Stop the B.S.

Just sayin;

4. Sam, and yes, I am an Uncle says:

I’m with Old Richard

Old Richard, you misspoke, it’s gang rape.

6. William A. Rose says:

I’m with you Old Richard. And I think we just may get a chance to keep our word. Hope not, because the carnage will be epic, but there’ll be people needing to be protected and rescued and saved and all – our American brothers and Sisters as wells as our fellow human beings. The enemy must die.

No longer hubris, we are mentally prepared. The commenters get it.