Typical Mark Steyn Brilliance

National Review Online: Nicking Our Public Discourse

“You see, you say ‘radical Islam,’” objected Holder. “I mean, I think those people who espouse a — a version of Islam that is not . . . ”

“Are you uncomfortable attributing any actions to radical Islam?” asked Smith. “It sounds like it.”

And so on, and so forth. At Ford Hood, Major Hasan jumped on a table and gunned down his comrades while screaming “Allahu Akbar!” — which is Arabic for “Nothing to see here” and an early indicator of pre-post-traumatic stress disorder. The Times Square bomber, we are assured by the Washington Post, CNN, and Newsweek, was upset by foreclosure proceedings on his house. Mortgage-related issues. Nothing to do with months of training at a Taliban camp in Waziristan.

When it comes to pointing out the absurd in Washington, D.C., there really is nobody better than Mark Steyn.  It’s just sad that this administration gives him so much darned material.

Comments

1. Boston Blackie says:

Radical Islam is the new n-word. It must wiped from our vocabulary. We must not speak the truth or Obeyme’s apology tour will never end. His admin is now apologizing to China no less for human rights violations in America.

2. Gail B. says:

Absolutely right on!!! And, everybody’s talking about i, and they’re also saying that Eric Holder should be fired for advocating a lawsuit against Arizona for their Immigration Bill…and saying that he hasn’t read the AZ bill yet!

My mouth is still open after Napolitano’s comment that the Times Square bomb attack was a “one-off” thing! I don’t know anything about Foghead Shazzam, but even I knew it was a terrorist job. And, New York City has had one call after another about suspicious vehicles, etc. ever since. NYC is the target.

3. Gail B. says:

Have a question: If “they” are so inclined to sexually mutilate their females, why aren’t they Bobbitizing themselves?

4. Gail B. says:

Another excellent article about Eric Holder and his inability to say “Islamic terrorism” is at

5. Gail B. says:

Boston Gal–the N word that liberals really hate is (wait for it) — November!

6. Boston Blackie says:

Gail,
    I almost had to clean coffee off my computer screen after reading your last comment – PRICELESS!!
    I hope you don’t mind if I use it?

7. STOP!, or I'll shoot (my mouth) says:

What a Keystone-Kop administration.

Just received my TOTUS bumper sticker and coffee mug,
    TALK TO THE SCREEN, and READERSHIP WE CAN BELIEVE IN….
    will proudly display them.

Clean House 2010!
    Clean White House 2012! (including trying to remove the cigarette stench)

8. William A. Rose says:

Mark Steyn has published several good books. America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It is one that I have read. It’s a little dry in the beginning, but I found it to be a good read. Also one from Mark Hitchcock – Iran: The Coming Crisis is also pretty good. If any of you like to read, then these would be my recommendation.

9. Gail B. says: