Obama … Clintonesque?

National Enquirer: Obama Cheating Scandal

PRESIDENT OBAMA has been caught in a shocking cheating scandal after being caught in a Washington, DC hotel with a former campaign aide, sources say.

A confidential investigation has learned that Obama first became close to gorgeous 35 year-old VERA BAKER in 2004 when she worked tirelessly to get him elected to the US Senate, raising millions in campaign contributions.

While Baker has insisted in the past that “nothing happened” between them, the ENQUIRER has learned that top anti-Obama operatives are offering more than $1 million to witnesses to reveal what they know about the alleged hush-hush affair.

I first saw something about this story last night, but I didn’t trust the Web site as credible enough to bring a link here as Assigned Reading.  Now, that being said, when it comes to credibility the National Enquirer isn’t exactly The New York Tim– oh, wait.

It should absolutely be remembered that it was the Enquirer which had the story on John Edwards, Rielle Hunter and their love child pegged from the beginning, and it should be noted that not a single mainstream newspaper picked up on the story until almost a full year after the Enquirer broke the news.

To be honest, in this case, I really hope it isn’t true.  Besides being the president of the United States, Barack Obama is a husband and a father.  For the sake of Sasha and Malia, who are a whole lot younger than Chelsea Clinton was when her father played “Who’s the Humidor?” with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office, I hope that this is a lot of hot air and unsubstantiated rumor.

(That’s actually part of the reason that I’d like to get into Family Law.  I’ve seen it from all sides.  I grew up a child of a not-so-fun divorce, and I’ve grown up to have an absolutely, unequivocally wonderful marriage.  And it is the effect that family issues such as these have on children that makes me want to work my tail off to ensure that, if a split does occur, the end result is the best for everyone.)

Of course, as much as I would like to see this allegation of infidelity prove untrue, what I would really like to see is whatever story there is pursued as relentlessly by the mainstream media as they would if the possible cheater were Sarah Palin.  After all, when you compare the media coverage of Mark Sanford’s failure to distinguish the Appalachian Trail from Argentinian tail with the perpetual cycle of ridicule-denial-admittance that was the John Edwards scandal, the press certainly has some ground to make up if they’re even moderately concerned about maintaining even a shred of objectivity.

Comments

1. Gail B. says:

Ya know? — It would not surprise me if it turns out to be true. In order for a man or woman to be faithful, (s)he has to have morals, some veracity, neither of which do I see in I-Obama. I-Obama gives the impression that the only thing he values is himSELF.

2. wolfster38 says:

He didn’t inherit this from Bush
    Must have got this from President Pervert Bill Clinton

“He took his cigar put it in my vagina then put it in his mouth and said it tasted good” Monica Lewinsky

Read the transcript before you say I lie.

3. Gail B. says:

wolfster38 @ 12:20 a.m.–

That is TMI!
    ——————————-

I’ve been doing some research, and guess what?! I’m convinced.

Supposedly, Baker was the Finance Director of Obama’s campaign, but Claire Serdiuk was Obama’s Finance Director. So, what gives? Seems that Vera left the campaign for some reason and set up a profitable business in New York. Then, Michelle is reported to have become really angry over something, and rumor has it that Vera was whisked away to Martinique in the Caribbean Islands and is being paid a handsome salary by someone in the Chicago machine. In the words of Glenn Beck, “Question with boldness!”

4. Gail B. says:

I don’t know about “gorgeous 35 year-old VERA BAKER” but I can tell you that you can see through her dress in the picture I found of her! (And she ain’t “all that!”)

5. Lilly says:

It would not surprise me one bit but Michelle is going to neuter him!!!

6. William A. Rose says:

If these people were not entrusted with the leadership of this nation, I would say that their private lives are none of our business. What they do is between them and God and them and their spouses, children and other family members.

Clinton, Sanford, perhaps Obama now, and so many others, however, have had an absolutely adverse effect on this country because they represent this country. People just do not realize how far reaching their words and deeds go. Everything each of us says and does has an impact on everyone around us, either greater or lesser and either positive or negative. We must begin to consider that fact. We simply must.

7. Boston Blackie says:

wolfster38-
    Did we really have to relive that again?
    How long before we see Jim Carville making the Sunday talk show rounds to destroy the messenger. I agree that his daughters don’t deserve this if true. But if it comes to be, he will surely get a pass unlike ANYONE with a (R) after their name. Power is a great aphrodisiac.

8. MS says:

I’m really disappointed that you would post something this unsubstantiated and inflammatory on America’s Right. I’ll pose the same question I asked Robert: for the one John Edwards story National Enquirer got right, how many stories has the publication gotten wrong? A broken clock is right twice a day; that doesn’t mean it’s worth quoting.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for this to be true, but I really feel that unless some verifiable evidence is brought forth, this is nothing more than petty gossip, and repeating it just makes it seem that you are more eager to make Obama look bad than you’re interested in finding truth. I don’t believe the active participants of this site would post something like this if it were about Sarah Palin, unless they were posting the piece to mock or complain about how unsubstantiated and unfair it was. But hey, here’s your chance to prove me wrong:

I love getting info from this site and I’m glad to have conservative friends to consult over any give political topic. However, I am genuinely embarrassed by your standards on this one.

9. Jeff Schreiber says:

Monica,

I’m sorry you feel that way. I really am. Under no circumstances, however, did I represent that the Enquirer story was true. In fact, I think the real value when it comes to this story is looking at how the media handles it. Will they go out of their way to debunk it? Will they just ignore it and hope it goes away, like with John Edwards? Will they cover it like they did with Mark Sanford?

Heck, with regard to John McCain, the New York Times ran a front page NEWS piece stating that he was having an affair with lobbyist Vicki Iseman, basing the whole thing on comments from anonymous sources. They later had to retract it and field a suit by Iseman, but considering that they saw fit to fabricate an affair for McCain, will they even follow up on this story?

The point I’m trying to make here is not to disparage the president. Absolutely not. The point here is to set the groundwork for a test for the mainstream press. I understand how you feel, Monica, but I’m afraid you misunderstood my reasons for even bringing it up.

Jeff

10. MS says:

If the main point is to highlight the hypocrisy of the MSM, I can understand the motivation. However I still question the method. Even looking at the comments under this story so far, you can see that most people are focused on how they totally believe Obama would do this, and that he probably did. Only “Boston Blackie” mentions how the media might handle it.

And while you indeed never overtly said that this should be taken as fact, you also put in a paragraph about one rare instance of the National Enquirer getting something correct. I don’t know how to take that any way other than you trying to boost the NE’s credibility. You could have just as easily put in a paragraph listing one of the plethora of examples where the NE has been utterly wrong, or not spoken to the NE’s correctness one way or another. Choosing to take the rare example of the NE being right seems to suggest a slant to the whole piece, doesn’t it?

I have no doubt at all that the media treats these things unfairly. The NYTimes, among others, ought to be consistent in how it treats McCain vs Edwards vs anyone else. However, I think it is pretty reasonable for the MSM to ignore the NE, whether it’s about Palin or Obama or even Edwards, though that proved to be true. In general the NE is ridiculous, and the resources required to bother starting to check all of the NE’s stories in case they happen to not be full of crap hardly seems worth it.

It is a good point you have about NYT and McCain, though. Perhaps if you juxtaposed this NE story with that NYT story, it would be clearer that this piece is about the media’s approach more than it is about Obama’s character.

Monica

11. Tory says:

While the Enquirer may report news from a more sensational perspective than its ostensibly more serious mainstream cousins, don’t let its more colorful headlines be confused with inaccuracy; the Enquirer of today actually has more rigid sourcing requirements than the comparatively stodgy New York Times. Lets not forget the NYT’s plagiarism scandal of a few years back, too.

The Enquirer did a huge amount of leg work in investigating the O.J. Simpson murder allegations; sufficiently so as to nearly single handedly eliminate most doubts as to his innocence. Ditto the situations with John Edwards, Sandra Bullock and Jesse James, Tiger Woods. This is not your mother’s Enquirer.

The point is that the present allegations are so meaty and so much of the preliminary legwork has already been done, that it begs the question of why some—just one, even— intrepid, dedicated “mainstream” journalist doesn’t investigate thoroughly, if only to discredit the story. Hordes of reporters literally invaded Alaska and its trash dumpsters with the explicit goal of manufacturing scandals by which to smear her. Can anyone really suggest that the same standards of investigative journalism/malicious muckraking have been applied even minimally to Obama?

Whatever the outcome, the story at least serves to highlight the willful malaise of the mainstream media to inform the public; remember, the press/media used to be known as the watchdog of the citizen. Now they are, overall, the equivalent of a rabid junkyard mutt.

12. Ellen Snyder says:

Not even close to the usual AR caliber.

13. La Crimson Femme says:

I have to go with Tory on this one. I have never purchased a NE. My parents didn’t either. My mother informed me with extreme scorn that the tabloid was all about alien babies and craziness. It also reported on celebrities and their “scandalous” lives. My mother told me that most of it was fake and that it would only rot my mind. I grew up believing this and never questioning. However, to Tory’s point, I’ve noticed that their articles are startling more accurate than before. The news that they “break” has been surprising true. Several people above have noted specific pieces of true news.

I have ceased to read NY Times and several other publications that I used to enjoy because it reads more like an editorial than news. I’m not enamored of the “truths” and stories. Just provide the facts and I’d can do my own analysis. Oddly enough, the NE seems to be providing more facts than mainstream media. I’m not saying that NE doesn’t coat it with their sensational writing voice; I’m just stating that they provide more bits of information that can be verified than NY Times or USA.

I guess my long winded point here is that it is a sad day for me that I have to get my facts from a so called tabloid than a newspaper. What is sadder to me is that the only news that seems to sell is about martial infidelity. What does that say about our society? There are so many events around that world that are more worthy to investigate, write about and educate those that don’t have the opportunity to travel to other places. Instead, it appears our society (I’m not saying just the Americans) only want to read about emotional human train wreaks.

When it comes down to it. I don’t give a damn if Obama committed adultery and I seriously doubt most people who didn’t vote for him care either. I’d rather focus on the atrocities that he is committing with his so called regulations to help better America. I want him out of office because he failed to keep his promises and the only change he provided was for the worse. I don’t want him to skate out of office because he can’t keep his pants zipped. That’s the easy way out. Because the Obama lovers are going to say, “He could have done so much good if those racist, birther, hater (insert whatever the new name calling is) didn’t drag his name through the mud with this tiny little indiscretion”. Boohoohoo they cried.

14. As much as I dislike Obama’s policies and leftist ideology, I hope this story is not true. No spouse or child deserves this, and this country really doesn’t need another scandal.

I think Jeff sufficiently explained his reason for posting this article on AR. He’s not that malicious to even hope this is true; but it’s worth evaluating. (Heaven knows the MSM doesn’t do their job.) As noted by a commenter, The Enquirer of today is substantially different than that of 20 years ago….even ten.

15. Boston Blackie says:

“If the main point is to highlight the hypocrisy of the MSM, I can understand the motivation. However I still question the method.”
    Monica-
    If you are a regular reader to this site, you would know Jeff’s writing style. He will sometimes refer to another site or article to make a point. You would also realize that Jeff has sited numerous times when the MSM has stuck its head in the sand regarding this admin while tripping over themselves to go with outlandish hearsay regarding others. I don’t believe he was trying to get us to jump on an “Obama’s a cheater, spread the word” bandwagon or that is how we the readers took it. He is again pointing out the hypocrisy of the lame stream media when it comes to verifying or following up on legit allegations. Take a look at how many reporters the NY Times assigned to reading Sarah Palin’s book to find falsehoods and to smear her and her family. Did they do the same for Obama’s books once he declared himself a candidate for president?
    That said, I’m glad that you visit this site to get an opposing view. It shows we are all interested in keeping America the greatest country in the world. Hope you continue to comment with us.

Lighten up, people.

17. Karla says:

I think you were correct in posting the story. It is just another facet of Hussien Obama’s unsavory character. Otherwise, why would he appoint homosexual Kevin Jennngs as Safe School Czar. It was Jenning’s group that provided “fisting kits” to young school children. Fisting kits contain a rubber glove and lubricant to allow a male homosexual to place his gloved fist up the rectum of his partner. The primary job of school safety is to keep out drugs and violence and promote academic nuturing. Why bring in deviant sexual practices?

18. Jeff Schreiber says:

Boston Blackie,

Check the contributors roster — Monica’s name is there. She’s hardly here for an opposing view (with the exception for infidelity-related stories in which I fail to adequately explain myself) and, in fact, not only has she brought a couple of great pieces to us at AR, I’m hoping that she continues to do so as well.

She’s right on this one, Blackie. Not necessarily in that I was wrong to link to the Enquirer piece, but that I did not adequately explain my motives in doing so. But for my personal policy of not editing pieces following adverse criticism, I would have changed it already. Hopefully, I’ve explained myself better in the comments. If not, it’s not for lack of effort — as you know, I generally keep out of the comment section.

Jeff

“I generally keep out of the comment section.”

Come on in, it’s a roller derby down in here.

20. Tic Tac Toe says:

John Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama?

Booty call with the nuclear codes football in hand…… if true, pathetic, and scary.

22. whats_up says:

I will forgive you this time :) . Hope things are going well for you.

23. Boston Blackie says:

Sorry, MY BAD. I did not notice Monica’s name as a contributor.

24. m00pa says:

I’ll bet you a whole eleventy “America’s Right Bucks” this cheat story evaporates!

Can someone show me an investigative report on anything Obama, besides the family dog story, or what Michelle is wearing where…

m00pa, but it is so cool knowing their dog ‘Bo’ got his name from Baracks initials, and that it is a Portugese water dog. That white gown of Michelle’s was stunning, you must admit.

26. T.I.M. says:

Jeff is illustrating the ongoing race war foisted on us by the mainstream media:
    They shine a WHITE spotlight on anything good the liberals do, and a BLACKOUT on anything negative the liberals do (with the reverse for conservatives.)

27. Good Housekeeping says:

University of California, Berkeley does not lend it’s seal of approval.

“And now, a hush-hush security video that shows everything could topple both Obama’s presidency and marriage to Michelle!”

Ain’t nothing gonna topple this Jenga(r) of a presidency.

29. Lilly says:

Just an interesting fact. Vera Baker-Merlini shows up in WA 9 days after BO’s inauguration working for D. Senator R. Burris. Burris, the senator who was appointed to the seat by our allegedly corrupt ex-governor (trial pending) into the seat formerly held by now President Obama.
    Just Interesting…

30. John Buyon says:

of course conservatards are so desperate to bring down Obama and tar his great success that they have to make shit up

he’s bringing himself, and the country, down… Eh

32. eHarmony says:

CRUSH ALERT 12:40

33. John Buyon , the future Mrs Obama says:

“his great success”

look who’s making shi* up.