Philadelphia Tax Day Tea Party 2010

By way of weather alone, not to mention a host of other factors, this year’s Tax Day Tea Party in Philadelphia was infinitely better than last year’s event.  While I left last year’s event soaked to the bone by a cold, cold rain, today was about as perfect as could be.  The sun shone brightly on Love Park in Center City, and when the breeze hit just right, a little cool mist from the fountain spread over the crowd of about 300 people.

And that was likely it.  While this weekend’s event at Independence Hall has been advertised a little more and will enjoy the benefit of a beautiful spring Saturday, about 300 people on a work day in downtown Philadelphia is nothing to sneeze at, even if it is allergy season. The best part, though, was that the crowd was made up of a broad spectrum of folks.  Young and old, rich and poor, and enough racial diversity to surely frustrate many who so eagerly dismiss the Tea Party movement as a collection of pissed off old white folks.

Whether good or bad, the collection of speakers were relative unknowns.  America’s Right‘s own Jesse Civello was the first and, in my biased opinion, best of the bunch.  Philadelphia-area political analyst and blogger Jamal Greene did a fantastic job of defining what it is to be a conservative, black or white or anywhere in between.   And Dr. Drew Foy, a U.S. Army veteran and resident at Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia, brought his and Brent Stransky’s fantastic new book The Young Conservative’s Field Guide to life, putting our current national situation in perspective and providing tangible, empirical evidence of just how far we’ve slid away from the ideas and ideals set forth by our founders.

Mostly, though, as I prepare to leave the Philadelphia area for warmer temperatures, a laid-back lifestyle and a bevy of like minds, it was nice to look out across the crowd gathered in what will always be my first hometown and see the manifestation of this fundamental change sweeping the nation.

It occurred to me as I looked out at the signs, the flags and the faces that those in Washington, D.C. who believe that power and control are best left in the hands of government, and those who support them from outside the Beltway — well, they’re frightened of us.  They’re very, very frightened of us.

And looking out across the crowd, I could see why.

No, they’re not frightened of us because we’re violent.  In fact, there is something to be said about a movement which can bring together millions of people in hundreds of cities and towns from coast to coast without a single citation for littering, nonetheless an act of vandalism or even a single, solitary arrest.

I spoke for a moment with a plainclothes, black Philadelphia Police Detective and asked him about the crowd; his response: “Nah, we don’t worry about these people.”

“That’s fantastic to hear,” I said.  “Could you spread the word?  It seems as though these folks are accused of being racist, hateful and violent wherever they go.”

“Well, as they work their way across the country, people will see that they’re not,” he told me, noting that he had not heard a single racist or hateful remark from the crowd, this year or last year.  “We saw worse in this town that year we hosted the Republican National Convention.”

Bingo.

See, the left is not frightened of us because we’re violent.  The left is frightened of us because we’re not sitting on the sidelines anymore.  Thomas Jefferson once wrote that he knew “of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves,” arguing that “if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education.”  This, he wrote, “is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power.”

The crowd I saw today could tell me what was in the legislation passed and signed into law by this administration.  I saw signs decrying the proposed use of “deem and pass,” by all accounts a fairly complex parliamentary procedure, discussion of which long has been the territory of those accustomed to so-called “inside baseball.”  I personally spoke with people about pending Supreme Court decisions, about legislation currently working its way through committee, about the effect of the proposed financial reform law on the derivatives market.

This was a group of people whose discretion had already been informed by education.  And this was in the center of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — the land of growth-stifling wage taxes, useless trans fat mandates and endless labor union influence.  Hardly an epicenter for conservative thought.  Hardly a meeting place for people who understand the fundamental merits of a limited federal government.

Oh, but it used to be.  In 1776 and 1787, Love Park and everything to the west of 8th Street was described by John Adams as “open country.”  But on the other side of 8th Street, in those days Philadelphia was the center of this fledgling nation.  Philadelphia embodied promise and potential.  Limitless growth.  Boundless freedom.

And those great men who penned our founding documents, they didn’t know what they wanted America to be — they knew what they wanted to prevent America from becoming.  They had fought against tyranny.  They had rebelled against a government which sought to rule instead of govern.  And for that reason, every single word, every single phrase, every single provision of our Constitution was carefully crafted to protect this great experiment in liberty against the dangers of human nature, against the temptations inherent in the prospect of power in perpetuity.

And when it was all over, when the Constitutional Convention came to a close, as an aging Benjamin Franklin was carried in his sedan chair across what is now Independence Mall toward Christ Church, someone asked him: “Well, Ben … what have you given us?”

His response: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

More than 222 years have passed since then.  The collection of people in Love Park today, joined by similar gatherings held across the country — that’s the American people doing everything they can to keep it.

Now, however, we are led by sheltered, out-of-touch elites who gladly cast aside liberty and freedom in favor of popular authoritarianism, people who actively reject the notion of American exceptionalism, people who apologize for a nation which has saved the lives of millions and brought freedom to the doorstep of millions more, people who would happily squander the potential of our children and our children’s children in exchange for what they believe is a ticket to limitless power and control.

For years, these people have depended upon Americans like those I saw in Love Park to sit on the sidelines.  Non-violent protests?  Never!  If you asked them, they’d probably insist that they own a patent on non-violent protest.  But now that we have awakened, now that we have arisen and are preparing ourselves to fulfill our duty as that ultimate safe depository of freedom and liberty and bring this country back from a tipping point, they are frightened.

They are frightened because we are right.  They are frightened because we are many.  And because they cannot and will not debate us, they choose to malign us.  We saw what happened to a simple plumber from Ohio who, through a simple question, maneuvered the president into exposing the tendencies at the core of his convictions.  We saw what happened to a wife and mother and former governor of Alaska when she dared to join a presidential ticket in 2008.  And we see what is happening to everyday American men and women like those in Philadelphia today who dare speak out in defense of their freedom.

See, that’s the thing about the left — they always tell us exactly who and what they fear most.

Looking out at the crowd today, I tried to once again view the world from a liberal’s eyes.  I looked and looked for racists, but found none.  I looked and looked for bigots, but found none.  I searched for xenophobes and homophobes and other -phobes, but my search was done in vain.

I came up empty because the Tea Party movement is not about race, because it is not about religion, or gender, or nationality, or sexual orientation.  Certainly, the 300 people who made up today’s crowd in Love Park surely would not agree with each other on an issue-by-issue basis, but that’s the beauty of the movement.  The Tea Party movement is about the core principles at the heart of the core principles.  It’s not about the superficial issues which divide us, it’s about the proper size, scope, role and function of the American federal government as envisioned by those great but imperfect men who came together and created a nation 222 years ago and a mere ten blocks away.

The Tea Party movement is about whether it’s right for the federal government to situate itself between a patient and his doctor.  It’s about whether it’s right for the government to retain the authority to take over a private corporation because that organization is somehow deemed a “systemic risk” and “too big to fail.”  It’s about more than Nancy Pelosi, more than Harry Reid, and more than Barack Obama.

As good as the last few months of this year may be, as much as I firmly believe that we are going to see an electoral bloodbath in November, getting there will not be easy.  As far as the crowd in Love Park is concerned, those who stand against them will do everything in their power to portray our movement as somehow abnormal.  They will infiltrate our crowds.  They will attempt to distract from our message.  They will actively work to make us look like racists, bigots, xenophobes and homophobes.  My question to those people is: if we’re such a bunch of racists, bigots, xenophobes and homophobes, why do they need to infiltrate our crowds to portray us as such?

Regardless, those people who were gathered today in Love Park and across the country cannot let them.  We need to remember why we’re here.  We need to police ourselves.  We need to show the rest of America, those people still home and watching a movement unfold on television, that you and I are no different than they are.  We’re black, we’re white, we’re gay, we’re straight, we’re rich, we’re poor.  Like them, we want to be free to live our lives, to run our businesses, to raise our families.  Like them, we know that we cannot spend beyond our means.  Like them, we want more than anything else for our children to inherit more freedom, more potential, more opportunity and a better way of life than we enjoyed ourselves.

Together, we can do it.  From what I saw today in Philadelphia, we are doing it.  And from what we’ll see in November, we will do it.

Comments

1. jdog43 says:

We went to our local Tea Party. Small town with a big turnout. It’s great to see, especially considering how down and out we all were back in November of 08.

2. A history buff says:

To those who love reading history, especially history of our revolution and our brave patriots. I give you the following on the Gadsden flag.

3. Gail B. says:

a history buff–

I’m at a neighbor’s house right now so will wait until I get home to go to the site about the Gadsden Flag stories; but I ran across some yesterday about them. May be the same site; don’t know yet.

I did notice a promo of sorts to a site that sells flags, the Gadsden included, and went to it to price the 3′ x 5′ nylon version, made in the USA. I was shocked! They wanted $36.00 for it, plus s&h. The exact same flag I bought for Sarah was $10.00. At a site where Jeff had posted a picture of one, I put the ordering information for the one from McDonough. The shop owner said he will sell them for $15.00, to include everything.

Jeff, you sound sorta like you did when you returned from Poland last summer–like the air smells sweeter with the aroma of freedom more prevalent. Thank you for your “starred and striped” heart, your conservative values, and for all your hard work for us and for your family. Also, thank you for HOPE!

4. James says:

What an awesome article, it so keenly articulated the very core foundation of the tea party. Thanks.

5. Gail B. says:

Herman Cain said there was 2,500 people at Peachtree City, GA (expecting 1,500), and another 7,000 at the Capitol Building in Atlanta today. Sean Hannity, in Cincinnatti, had to lease the stadium (and I wonder if that was even enough space)! There was a sizable crowd at the Henry County Courthouse, on the Square, in McDonough today, too.

And, if the attacks by the leftist elites is indicative of what or whom they are afraid of (you said they tell us themselves), then they’re really shaking in their boots over Glenn Beck and Fox News!

Georgia finally joined the others in the lawsuits against the healthcare bill, and there is a Resolution in the Judy Committee to impeach AG Thurbert Baker. We have only a few more days left in the current legislative session; they’d better get busy!

6. Ima SoBelle says:

The Tea Party gathering at the State House in Columbia, SC, was well-attended (and well-behaved) according to the media, which reported “several hundred.” Considering that it was held on a week day after the usual lunch hour, this was a nice turnout. One of the comments left on the news article by an attendee stated that there were more like several thousand than “several hundred” at the beginning of the program but that a number of them had taken a late lunch and had to leave before it was over. A big Tea Party rally is planned for Saturday in Greenville and will probably have a much larger turnout.

While I appreciate the symbolism of holding the rally on tax day, I would have preferred to see it held on Saturday so that more people could have participated.

Thanks to “history buff” for posting the link to the Gadsden flag. I knew it had a SC connection and appreciate the ‘rest of the story.’

7. Chris says:

Jeff, it was great to chat with you at the event today. I, too, was impressed with the diversity of the crowd–both racial and otherwise–and was comforted at how much detail people seemed to know about the issues. I suppose the movement reminds me of an old question and answer exchange I heard once:

Q: Why should we believe that a small group of committed people can change the world?

A: Because it’s the only thing that ever has.

8. Gail B. says:

Oops! “There WERE 7,000 people” and Cincinnati has one “t” instead of two.

9. Jeff Schreiber says:

Chris,

It was great to see you again as well, even if I did think that you were Matt Rooney from Save Jersey at first. When I got hone from class tonight and patted my dog on the head, I found myself wondering if your special lady friend ever returned that puppy. I hope so!

Thanks for stopping by the site. And, as any friend of Keven’s is a friend of mine, and because Penn Law students can write almost as well as Rutgers Law students, my offer still stands. We’d be glad to get you a byline here at AR.

Jeff

10. JAN says:

Went to a local tea party in KC and I was so impressed. My estimate is more than 10k showed up. There were many that were leaving when we got there and they were still pouring in several hours later. We got there at 6pm and they opened the gates at 3pm.

I am encouraged by what I saw – resolve…..unified resolve. We will not go silently into the night.

My 13-year old boy made a sign that said – Roses R Red, Violets R Blue, God made me loyal, dang what happened to you?

My 11-year old girl made a sign that said – Roses R Red, Violets R Blue, I’ll vote the Constitution over You!!

I am so proud of them both. We have discussed everything with them and they are almost as well informed as some adults I know. This is a start of something new. They should be scared.

11. Greg says:

Jeff, possibly one of your best pieces. Thank you for your take on what will be skewed by the MSM, if reported at all. Sharing this…

12. Boston Blackie says:

“They’re very, very frightened of us”
    As well they should be. You keep poking us, we WILL get pissed off.
    The thing that scares them the most is that they know we DO vote.

“It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
    - Samuel Adams

14. Cough Cough says:

Did God clear this release of CO2 in Iceland with Al Gore?

15. Dee says:

I read today that BO laughed at the Tea Parties and said that they should be thanking him for lowering their taxes instead of complaining. I have never seen a president who was so arrogant and demaening towards the people that he represents. He is like a child when you disagree with him. What a buffoon they have elected.
    I also read that Fox pulled Hannity from appearing in Cinncinati. The station manager felt that they should not be representing any group.
    Thank you, Jeff, for all that you do for us and for your fellow contributors. You should stay in Pa. We could use a good conservative. I always tell my friends in Las Vegas, where it gets really hot, that the cold builds stamina and character and that it is a “dry” cold. They will never realize that it is cold!

16. Gail B. says:

Somebody needs to step up to the plate and discuss the religious aspect of our country. Perhaps our Justices failed American History in high school?

The Supreme Court has declared that the National Day of Prayer is unconstitutional. This begs a question: Is the United States Constitution unconstitutional?

17. Boston Blackie says:

Dee, I heard Hannity pulled out of the Cincy appearance because the promoters were charging a $5 entrance fee, which he was not made aware of and disagreed with.
    Gail, Thanks for the link on the history of the Gadsden flag, I picked one up at the Boston Tea Party the other day. I never knew the origin of it.
    FYI-
    Former New York Gov. George Pataki will be in Boston at Paul Revere Park on Sunday to kick off a nationwide effort to repeal President Obama’s health care reform. He’s started a non-profit called “RevereAmerica.org” and plans to hit hot spots like Iowa and California. He’s hoping to rake in $15 million for the campaign along with millions of signatures from congressional districts to show politicians where Americans stand. I hate people who come to the dance late only trying to make money from it. If they want my support, DO NOT make a request for financial support the first thing out of your mouth.

18. JAN says:

On of the speakers at our Tea Party is a doctor and a cousin to Obama. He was excellent. His name is Milton Wolf. He had an excellent speech. I am so proud of these people who are getting involved in the process in an attempt to undo the “change” brought upon us by this administration. Well done…..

19. FoxyCalifornia says:

It was a very good Tea Party at Pleasanton, California.
    Very cool video compilation (with song by Muse)…check it out at http://www.pleasantonteaparty.com/

20. John Buyon says:

Can anyone please articulate what the tea party movement is about?
    what goals it has?
    how it plans to attain its goals?

Randy? Jeff?

thanks

21. Jeff Schreiber says:

John,

I’d be all over this. In fact, I’ve covered it here before and answered those very questions. But I’m swamped. There’s still nothing even slated at AR for tomorrow, and I think I may be up until near dawn (again) doing work for school.

Three more classes. Then two-plus months of bar prep. Then I’ll be able to answer any questions you pose. (But it’ll cost you $250 per hour.)

Sorry, buddy.

Jeff

PS — For a start, though, consider reading the American Constitution. Focus on Article 1, Section 8, followed by the Tenth Amendment.

22. T. Jefferson says:

Just watch and learn, John. Though patriotism is not a spectator sport.

23. B Bernanke says:

Jeff, is that $300 Canadian?

24. Q & A two way street says:

John,

can you articulate why you became an American?
    What are YOUR goals?

thanks

25. Not for me, thank you says:

The Canadian Constitution is made up of a nucleus of written, systematically arranged rules/laws. However, there are also unwritten rules, called Conventions. Conventions could also be described as general agreements or longstanding customs on the usages and practices of social life. Both the Nucleus and the Conventions have been interpreted by the courts, and their decisions have lead to Constitutional case law. Needlesstosay, overtime a vast labyrinth of decisions have been made, making the Constitution a multi-facted document and rather outrageous document in terms of its compilation.

Canada’s Constitution is extremely complicated because it was not created from a single draft, like the constitution of the United States. The Canadian Constitution is a quilt, that has been put together piece by piece, with some pieces more elaborate than others (somewhat like the federal tax laws!). The U.S. Constitution, on the other hand is simple and to the point. It consists of seven articles and twenty-six amendments and is the supreme law of the land.

26. Doh ! says:

To be avoided:

Because the Constitution of Canada is not a comprehensive document, with all factors in one place, it is probably the case that from time to time government pundits, when wanting to implement something have simply said, “Well, that is the way it has always been done.” Who is going to argue?

27. Pen names says:

John, do you know, or, are you, Jeffrey Shallit?

28. John Buyon says:

@ Jeff : its alright buddy, keep on studying. I just rather have you or randy answer because you two seem to be able to write and debate coherently
    by your strict constructionist definition medicare, medicaid, Social security would all be unconstitutional.

I dont understand how the tea partiers are patriotic…
    the only patriotic thing they have is that they are being good Americans by exercising their right to protest.
    what they are protesting about I’m not sure. hence my question.

Yes the Canadian constitution is as I call it a “phantom set of laws”
    the US constitution is much more preferable than the Canadian one. I agree with you guys. I sometimes wish Canada would join the union so that we could straighten you guys out.

I am a Canadian-American look it up. I was born in the USA became a Canadian citizen later etc… I don’t want to describe my life story tho

what are my goals?
    to open my mind through discussion with right wingers like you folks. to see whether or not Im right or wrong. to hopefully make you guys think and question all you hold dear. :)

29. Jeff Schreiber says:

“lol right now Canadian is worth more than American because of you’re idiotic economic policies. eg. privatizing all you’re important business’s and by deregulating the financial markets to the point that no one, not even the banks themselves, knowing what they are selling.”

Whoa. Privatization is a bad thing? What innovation has come from government? Where has government proven efficient? I can’t even process that we’re not privatized enough. Not right now, anyway. I gotta get Ian Thorpe’s new piece ready to go, and his stuff is super-unique, so it takes a while.

Another late night, and the bar study hasn’t even yet begun. The next few months are going to absolutely set all records for suck.

Jeff

30. American-American says:

I will NEVER question all I hold dear.

31. Sesame Street says:

your v you’re

is your English weak or your Canadian?

32. If, Then, Else says:

“hopefully make you guys think and question all you hold dear.”

How would I question, the Bible, the Constitution, the sacrifice of our forefathers, capitalism & the free market system, the idiocy of global warming, the distaste for historical numbers of deaths imposed by Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Che, Castro,..(one of which my dad helped oust)….. ?

I was fortunate enough for a Fairfax County education in the 60′s. Back when schools taught stuff. Never made it north of the US border, though. That’s probably a good thing.

33. John Buyon says:

Dear Jeff when I am talking about privatization to the extreme you guys have I am talking about the mindset as well as the reality. example privatizing the military: blackwater, Healthcare, Prisons (reality)
    (mentality)during the financial crisis when big banks were failing, the treasury instead of just buying out the banks that were in trouble, and saving billions of $$$, had to bail them out in order to keep them “private”

what innovation has come from government? lots :) they are just invisible I can provide a list if you wish, but here are some

Green revolution: started by a government initiative in Mexico to increase food production, later adopted by the private sector to increase yields.

Research University: government of Prussia in order to catch up to Britain during industrialization spent lots of $$$$ funding research universities across Prussia and later Germany. by the early 1900′s Germany became the largest industrialized power in Europe.

Nuclear Tech: government initiative for war purposes, later adopted by the private sector to produce clean renewable energy.

Space tech: government initiative for propaganda and nationalistic purposes. Technology developed (microchip) by the space race, later adopted by the private sector to produce small high tech portable consumer goods.

Internet: DoD program, later handed to the private sector

Mass Vaccination programs: Sorry guys but it ain’t Pfizer that makes sure that babies are properly vaccinated.

the fact that Americans have been so brainwashed for 30 years by a conservative media to think government is essentially evil, thief, or some sort of an alien, swooping down sometime in April to take 30 percent of your $
    is just disgusting.

@ American-American: “I will NEVER question all I hold dear”
    of course you wont because small minded, group thinkers rarely do.

@ If, Then, Else : ” How would I question, the Bible, the Constitution, the sacrifice of our forefathers, capitalism”

The bible: is a joke, unless you take it as the Jewish creation myth equal in validity to native American and viking mythology.

The Constitution: I have deep respect for the American constitution, it is a model to the world for its simplicity, clarity, its ideas.

but if it is so perfect how come it didn’t outlaw slavery when adopted?

sacrifice of our forefathers: other than world war 2, revolutionary war and civil war, what American war defended or extended the rights of Americans?

Capitalism: modern financial capitalism is slowly failing
    here are two links to the most honorable, and worthy capitalists that criticize Capitalism.

34. Linda B. says:

You cited examples of government coming up with inventions. However, I can assure they were not without costs to the American people and since I currently work within the government I can also assure you there is so much waste. The government does not really inspire loyalty. Most people develop their little kingdoms to make themselves important and to exercise control. The only thing it does it extend the process and complicate everything. I will give you an example. Recently our office moved to another location. We all received new computers, phones, etc. However, we still do not have but two printers for an entire floor. Why? Because the government has to let a competitive contract and go through an entire acquisition process that so far has taken 4 months. We will not see copiers or printers for at least 7 more months even though we have the machines here, they have to bid for their installation. If this were a private company, they would be installed the day of the move or within a week because they need them for business.

Government is not efficient and it is not effective. In our case we have to submit a budget at least two years in advance of the actual need date. This budget has to go through internal agency review and then be vetted on Capital Hill which can accept it, rejected it or revise it. Great way to do business – not knowing what you are going to get and constantly revising your plans. The military and defense is even worse since that also involves OSD. You are constantly answering questions from the internal managers, OSD, Congressional members, Congress or the Senate as a body or even various committees. Your program can lose money from anywhere so frequently you have programs that make a start for millions of dollars, but after two or three years have lost so much funding they continue to slip their schedule or they are cancelled outright. I do not call this efficient or effective business practices.

Many of the programs cited are government programs because the costs and to private industry are prohibitive and the benefits are marginal. The space program for one. This is research and development funding and it is in the billions to trillion dollar range. Government uses our tax dollars to fund these programs, but it uses private corporations to do the work so they are really joint ventures.

As for many of the things government brings to people, they may also be not so good for the human body. Innoculations for example –

• Receiving a vaccine is always devastating for the body. In fact, a vaccine is a witch’s brew made up of three types of ingredients:
    1) A cocktail of microbes that have been artificially modified and often genetically recombined.
    2) A purulent culture fluid composed of animal cells (chicken, mouse, sheep, monkey, cow) and human cells (blood, aborted fetuses) that are cancerous and contaminated (viruses, prions).
    3) Preservatives and adjuvants that are in fact lethal poisons: Thimerosal (50 percent mercury), aluminum, formaldehyde, squalene, monosodium glutamate (MSG), aspartame, silicone, polysorbates, sorbitol and a long list of extremely harmful substances known for their brain and nerve toxicity.

Vaccines are top secret controlled by the government and if you want to extend that theory out – can lead to population control as can the growing of food. Many of the products the government and FDA tout as wonderful for people are really very deadly because they have altered the genetics of plants and our bodies look at them as poisons and attack them so we really are not getting the benefits we need. If the government is controlled by those who only want what they want and have no use for those who do not agree with them, then genocide occurs. These are the real dangers of having the government involved in everything in your life.

Government serves the people and enhances their lives. God, religion, the bible bring meaning to the lives of people and answers questions about the unseen and offers a path to fulfillment. Nothing in this world is perfect. If it were you would have nothing to be angry about, bitch about or disagree with. So if you agree that nothing in this world is perfect, why would you put your faith in government without involvement? Where does this perfect world reside if not here and how do we get to it? You have free will to decide if a perfect world exists and how you are going to get to it? Each person has to decide for himself what path he will take and how he will act upon that path and what is at the end of the path for him. That is the greatest gift our creator gave to us, but if you do not believe in the creator, God, the Alpha and the Omega then I guess you have to make up your own way. So if the world is not perfect therefore you are not either so can you really trust yourself?

35. David Copafeel says:

“brainwashed for 30 years by a conservative media”

ROTFLMAO

I thought your beloved ‘green’ Al Gore invented the internet.

Our American farmers will be glad to know their immense success in yields and productivity is due to govt, Mexican govt no less. ha ha ha ha

I will go to my grave with a smile, due to this ‘small mind’. Once you get out of your moms basement and start a career you will see how the world really works.

And it appears you have much nerve to talk about ‘group-think’. YOU obviously have an Obama crush.

Trackbacks

1. [...] whose cause should evoke emotion.  While the Tea Party movement, however, the movement I described HERE back on April 15, is apparently filled with violent [...]

2. [...] a Comment It was back in Philadelphia on April 15 when I met Dr. Foy during the Tax Day Tea Party at Love Park.  I spoke with him for a good while and, as impressed as I was with what he had to say from behind [...]