Video: Spitting vs. Spittle

Posted to YouTube on March 23, this video is nearly a week old.  In my opinion, however, not nearly enough people have seen it.  What it is, you’ll see, is the full context surrounding the incident during which Congressman Emmanuel Cleaver said that he was spit upon by a Tea Party activist as he walked into the Capitol Building to vote on health care reform.

Sufferin’ succotash!

I still haven’t had the chance to weigh in on the sudden rash of politically-related violence we’ve seen over the past week.  Part of my failure is scheduling, but most of it is that I just don’t have anything left to say about the political left in this country and trumped-up charges of violence coming from the right.  In September of last year, I wrote Gathering Tinder For a New Reichstag Fire and put together The America’s Right ‘Know Your Protesters’ Quiz, and I feel as though my thoughts on the subject are adequately clear.

The left is terrified of the Tea Party movement, because it represents not a political class or political party but rather the reality that the American people are becoming more and more informed.  And while Thomas Jefferson understood the value of a a well-informed people–in 1789, to Richard Price, he wrote: “”Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government. Whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.”–the left knows that a well-informed people will see them for what they are.  So, like Robert Bork and Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush and Sarah Palin and more, they will belittle and dismiss them as stupid, ignorant, racist, or even aggressive.

In reality, we know better.  We see that the vast number of assassins and mass-murdering animals have associated themselves with the left-hand side of the traditional spectrum.  And we see that the Tea Party movement has been responsible for mobilizing millions of people in hundreds of events across the country, with nary an account of vandalism or untoward behavior.  Until, conveniently, this protest on the Capitol steps, when Democrats say that they were subject to racial slurs, when Congressman Cleaver says that he was spit on.

Take a look at the video.  While the audio doesn’t pick up any racist language, to be honest it’s difficult to tell (though I would not expect to hear it).  What the video does pick up, though, is the spitting incident, and it clearly shows that the purported offending activist was more Daffy Duck than Keith Hernandez.

Comments

1. Sorry, out of that flag says:

notice all the Don’t Tread On Me flags??? Thats why mine had to be back ordered.
    There is trouble brewing in America.

Sam

2. A hissing patriot says:
  3. Dee says:

If that was “being spit on” then Coach Cowher (when he was coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers) would have been arrested every Sunday!

4. Gail B. says:

Big D Tobacco and Gifts in McDonough, GA, has four styles of “Don’t Tread on Me” flags, including the solid yellow with whole snake, the one with red and white stripes, a yellow one with the snake in 13 segments, and another one (I heard him say “black”) that I didn’t catch.

Their phone number is 678-583-1293. They are located at 910 E. Hwy. 81, McDonough, GA 30252.

Their flags are $9.99 (3′ x 5′), and they can ship anywhere in the US at a flat rate of $4.95. The owner told me that an even $15 will cover it all. I guess he’s taking the 7% tax out of his own profit and not charging for handling.

I have bought two of his flags, and I am very happy with them. (Both were made in the USA!)

He has a website, but it’s still under construction and does not have the capability for handling sales.

5. Gail B. says:

Up until I saw this Seinfeld video, I couldn’t stand that guy!

Great observation, and thanks for the two videos. I would have missed them otherwise.

6. Boston Blackie says:

“it clearly shows that the purported offending activist was more Daffy Duck than Keith Hernandez.”
    LMAO, I had forgotten about that episode of Seinfeld. This was definitely a say it don’t spray it moment. Also, no video or audio of anyone using a slur against Barney Frank(who also sounds like Elmer Fudd) yet he admits to swearing at the protestors immediately before the undocumented verbal attack. Just another chapter in the democRATS handbook of – the best defense is a good offense.

7. You should send this to FOX.

8. Hu Phlung Pu says:

These congressmen are lucky they aren’t getting shittle.