The Individual Firearm Mandate?

American Thinker: The Shocking Truth About a Fundamental Right Being Denied to 55% of Americans

Well, now — I guess brilliance runs in the family. This great piece of Assigned Reading is by Michael Fritsch, the lucky husband to Lisa Fritsch, who has been gracious enough to contribute several times to America’s Right over the past few months.

Everyone knows that I’m a sucker for a good, unassailable argument, and as arguments go …

Using the example set by President Obama and the Congressional Democrats, there is only one answer: Universal Gun Care for every American. Surely a right outlined in the Bill of Rights (2d Amendment) is just as important as a right NOT found the Constitution (Health Care).

I love the logic. Love it. For the full piece, click on over to American Thinker.

In the meantime, it has become apparent in the past few days that the Democrats, in forcing their agenda on the American people, have unwittingly awakened a sleeping giant.  People are angry.  People are frustrated.  Lisa says that she is “proud of her hubby” and jokes that she “must be a good influence,” and I don’t doubt it — but I think some of the credit goes to Nancy Pelosi and her colleagues as well; maybe not as an influence, but certainly as an inspiration.

Great job by Mr. Fritsch.  I look forward to seeing more from that fantastic family.

Comments

1. Old Richard says:

OH YEAH;
    No one hates war more than me. But let us be fair. If we have mandates
    let them at least be in the bill of rights. I read them again tonight in my
    1958 ten(10) pound Webster. Health Care was not there. The right to bear Arms
    was. This may overturned by the law suits, if so GREAT, If not Keep Your
    powder dry and your mind clear.
    BTW. I am now instructing my children and grandchildren when they tell me
    something that in not entirely true they are telling a “barrak” or maybe a
    “obama” as in — Don’t you obama to your granpa about who drank my Jack.

Old Richard

2. William A. Rose says:

Illinois has probably the most restrictive firearm laws. They are unconstitutional as they are an infringement on the 2nd Amendment. The language of the 2nd Amendment is very clear.

I now live in Indiana. A person can obtain a concealed-carry permit which, I believe, also means open-carry, though it is not specifically written in the Indiana Code. I recently applied for a lifetime carry permit. It’s $125. I suppose that is not unreasonable, but there one very important thing missing – Indiana doesn’t require a firearm training and safety course. I believe such a course should be mandatory and must be successfully complete before a person would even want to carry a firearm. It is also my belief that every American should be required to keep and bear arms. I would prefer the criminals and those who have a propensity toward criminal activity would not possess firearms or other weapons, but then, they are criminals, so no amount of laws that could be created prohibiting them from possessing firearms or other weapons would matter to them.

If everyone suddenly began carrying, I think there would be alot of unnecessary homicides in the beginning, but soon people would realize the value of human life (perhaps their own) – maybe.

I guarantee that a citizen who was being attacked would not have to wait around hoping someone would protect them. As it is now, that’s exactly what we have. The police have no legal obligation to protect anyone. They just come to a crime scene and clean up. Then they chase down the offender and maybe, just maybe, catch them.

If We The People were armed, the government that would control us from cradle to grave would not be able to do so quite so easily. Unarmed, We The People are at anyone’s mercy that is armed. And, as we all know, the government is well armed.

Just my thoughts.

Dumbest thing I ever did was sell my AR-15 back in 94.

4. Boston Blackie says:

I loved the link, I forwarded to friends and family. It certainly makes sense to me but hey I am already part of that minority.

5. Jordan Bell says:

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

6. Jordan Bell says:

Gun Control
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.–Thomas Jefferson
    They’ll have to shoot me first to take my gun.–Roy Rogers
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.–Unknown
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.–Unknown
    Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.–Unknown
    Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.–Unknown
    If guns are outlawed, can we use grenades?–Unknown
    If Guns cause Crime, then Matches cause Arson.–Unknown
    If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.–Unknown
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.–Unknown
    What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand?–Unknown
    The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.–Unknown
    Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.–Unknown
    Criminals love gun control–it makes their jobs safer.–Unknown
    The American Revolution would never have happened with Gun Control.–Unknown

Amen, Jordan.

8. i think that gun control should always be imposed at all times to reduce violence.*”~

9. Ava Green says:

i always thought that gun control should be mandatory in all places”*~

10. gun control should always be imposed strictly to avoid another Columbine scenario.*.