Venal, Vapid and Vacuous

In its traditional “Week in Review” form, Pravda on the Hudson (the newspaper formerly known as The New York Times) reported last Sunday on the performance by White House Political Guru David Axelrod on ABC’s This Week regarding the healthcare “reform” bill now oozing through the halls of Congress.

The once-respected tabloid first paid, of course, its obligatory homage to Axelrod with an online link to the paper’s biography on him, noting that “his voice, and political advice, carries more weight than most anyone else’s on the president’s payroll.  Then, the now intellectually threadbare and tattered Gray Lady paraphrased queries posed Sunday by both Axelrod and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell: Would passing health care devastate Democratic chances in the fall? Would rejecting it devastate a Democratic presidency?

These are interesting albeit flawed questions, as they both assume that there is anything left of either the Democratic Party or the Barack Obama’s presidency to further devastate: that which already lies in ruin can only be further pulverized. Perhaps the questions would make more sense if they were reframed to enquire whether defeat of the legislation would constitute “mutilation of the remaining corpse that is the Democratic Party” or “further flagellation of the already dead, politically lame horse which is the Obama presidency.” Again, if a picture is worth a thousand words, behold Michael Ramirez’ visual novel du jour:

“OBAMA AKBAR!”

[For copyright issues, I'm not reproducing the cartoon.  But seriously, click HERE and see it.  -- Jeff]

More specifically, the Democratic Party has now devolved into 59 senators, led by a guy now down in the polls in his home state of Nevada by double digits, and some 250-plus congressmen, led by an individual who, for all the world, is sounding more and more like Al Duce before the Italian populace caught on in 1944.

Earth to Democrats in the Senate and the House: Check Virginia. Check New Jersey. Check–ahem–Massachusetts. You are already toast. Empty suits. Dead men walking. The American electorate has awakened from its slumber–thanks to the seemingly limitless arrogance of those you have chosen to lead you–having grown weary of your overused and now hackneyed excuses of “we inherited Bush’s mess” and “anyone but Palin.” The only transparency you have brought to the table is that which describes your substance: venal, vapid and vacuous.

Given that everyone in the country–except, apparently, you–knows that you will be ejected from office (cf. Virginia; New Jersey; Massachusetts) in this or an ensuing November, there are but two things you can do: First, try to shield your pathetic hide from the wrath of the voters in November by standing tall against the current efforts of the pseudo Al Duce-wannabe trying to pressure you by voting against the monster skulking through your halls; or, second, try as your last meaningful political act to mature into the statesman you promised the voters in your home state or district you would be instead of the endangered political slug the voters now see you to be, by voting against the monstrosity.

Oh, and you might want to consider heeding the words of two other well-known Americans: “Do the right thing” and “Just say ‘no’.”

Comments

———————-
    ———————-

The House of Reprehensibles are too far up Pelosi’s skirt to hear us.
    Where did that donkey get that vest? Just askin.

2. A MATH DROPOUT says:

I can’t wait to get the 3,000% discount (yes, three thousand) in my health insurance premium, according to Obama today. Do they not teach math at that California college he ‘supposedly’ attended? Is this guy even human? a BC would help in that determination.

3. This country will turn on a deem says:

Time for us to ‘deem’ something…. like was done at Concord and Lexington.

They no longer have my consent to govern me.

5. CTU says:

In that cartoon, Jack Bauer is not even trying to tap into the remote disable code on that vest. Do it Donkey, DO IT.

6. Al Gebra says:

He knows math as well as he does the constitution 6:27.

7. m00pa says:

I don’t know why but when I think of Obama, Psalm 109:8 comes to mind.

I see a large group with torches & pitch-forks on the horizon.

8. The End says:

I don’t know why but when I think of Obama, Revelations comes to mind.

9. Gail B. says:

Oh, Michael Ramirez did himself proud with that polital cartoon–that’s FUNNY! –and oh, so true!

Received an email from GA 4th Congressman Hank Johnson (D) today, asking for my poor healthcare sob story. Oh, I gave him one, okay!

I told him that his Congressionaol grade was an F, that We the People do not want this healthcare being pushed by Obama, and he would do better to lean against it if he wanted to be reelected. There was more, but I was angry then, and with the opportunity to actually get a message to that Progressive.

10. Gail B. says:

(Jeff, I resubmitted it because my email address had a typo in it. I’m not on my own computer. Cut this part off, BTW))

11. sullivan says:

Not only are the loonies touting pie in the sky optimism, they completely ignore the massive expense to taxpayers (both federal and state) and total degradation to the best healthcare in the world.

Any and all of the immediate benefits to private insurance could have been handled in a legislative bill that did not cost taxpayers a red cent. In fact, the Republicans repeatedly tried to enter such a bill for private health insurance reform regarding rate increases, selective insuring, pre-existing clauses and limits to coverage. That along with the Republican bill which would have allowed health insurers to compete across state lines would have been a much better solution to the single benefit that the majority of taxpayers desired.

ObamaCare has been sold with untruths and exaggerations. For instance, the “pre-existing” issue only applies to children for the next four years. The same children that were already completely covered under the Federal SCHIP program.

Smoke and mirrors … soon to be made crystal clear.

12. jbh says:

Didn’t the people see this coming when he said 57 states???????????? I guess you don’t get that education in Indoensia?

13. thats a very interesting view and i understand it