Knee-Mail for Harry & Family

Las Vegas Sun: Harry Reid With Wife at Hospital, Senator’s Daughter Released

Reid’s daughter, Lana Reid-Barringer, 48, was released from the Northern Virginia hospital Thursday night.

Harry Reid returned to the hospital Thursday night and stayed until about midnight with his wife, Landra, 69. He was back at the hospital this morning to be with her, his office said.

Sun columnist Jon Ralston reported the Reids’ other children are en route to the Washington area.

Landra Reid suffered a broken neck, back and nose, and Reid-Barringer suffered neck injuries and facial lacerations when a semi-truck collided with their vehicle from behind on busy Interstate 95 in Fairfax County in Northern Virginia.

When it comes to politics, there aren’t many people I dislike or disagree with more than Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.  I’ve run into lawmakers before–I once ran into Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey in line with his daughter at IKEA–and I’ve always been respectful and then some; extending the same courtesy to Sen. Reid, however, would be a little more difficult.

The bottom line, however, is that Harry Reid is a husband and father.  Like me. I would hope that my political affiliation or belief in a system of limited government would not cause someone to wish ill will on my wife or my daughter.  I hope that we’re not there as a nation.

I, for one, was very happy to hear a little while ago that Harry Reid’s daughter was released from the hospital, but it sounds like his wife’s injuries are pretty darned serious.  I hope that you folks will, also like me, say a few prayers for Landra Reid’s quick and full recovery.

Comments

1. whats_up says:

Well said Jeff, well said.

2. William A. Rose says:

I have to agree. God loves everybody and certainly wishes none of us ill, and we should do the same.

I wouldn’t wish this on anyones family, I am way too busy wishing good things for my countries future. I do wish her a quick and complete recovery.

4. Roadrunner says:

While I am sure that most God Fearing people in America wish only the best for Mrs Reid and her daughter, I am equally certain that many of them have said prayers for their quick and complete recovery. Perhaps even Harry did the same. Now I wonder if he will keep his prayers going for the country he has contributed so much to destroy. But the trouble with a lot of believers is that they practice only as much of the good word as necessary, limiting their God fearing efforts to one hour on Sunday and rare family emergencies. God help us all!

5. Gail B. says:

Reid’s wife was released from the hospital today.

I’ve been in a wreck (head-on collision that totaled both cars) but sustained only minor injuries. I walked on crutches for two weeks, however. And, once left alone in the house, I had to figure out how to get out of bed to go to the bathroom (used the crutch under my foot to pull myself up).

I can tell you that the occupants of that automobile are not “over it.” They are sore! And, Mrs. Reid is no doubt under pain medication.

I just hate it when something like that happens, and I hope she and her daughter will heal quickly.

6. Gail B. says:

Well, now YESTERDAY she was dismissed.

7. Think of the Great Health Care she is receiving, EVEN IN A WEEK IF hEALTH dISPAIR is pasted Harry will still get the best of care as Senate is exempt!! now for my compassion, I too have been Praying for them all, Blessings to you Phil!