Go, Angela, Go!

Politics Daily: ‘Onetime Fox News Analyst Angela McGlowan Launches House Bid’

Former Fox News analyst Angela McGlowan has entered the race to represent Mississippi’s 1st congressional district, Politico reports. McGlowan left her position with Fox News to launch her campaign, and says she will come out with guns blazing against the Republican front-runner, Alan Nunneree.

“This is not a coronation,” McGlowan said. “People down here want a primary.” McGlowan is setting off on a five-day tour of the Oxford-based district and has urged the National Republican Congressional Committee not to endorse a candidate in the race. The Republican winner will face incumbent Travis Childers in the general election.

McGlowan is a graduate of the University of Mississippi, where she studied public administration. She has lobbied on behalf of the American Gaming Association and casino owner Steve Wynn to win approval for casinos in Las Vegas and Biloxi, Miss. McGlowan has also worked for a political organization founded by Bob Dole and was a publicist for Nevada Sen. John Ensign.

Excellent news. Go, Angela, Go.

Comments

1. Linda says:

I will follow this race with interest. However, she has a lot of backpaddling and explaining to do regarding her comment on guns. Gun ownesr are going to demand extensive explanation.

2. Lisa in TX says:

if she is pro-guns, pro-Constitution, I will send her money. She is very well-spoken and very intelligent. I would love to know more about her!

3. Alan Breck says:

If I was not happily married and knew that MS. McGlowan was single, I would want to court her. I am Cherokee and partly white but find her the most attractive woman in politics today. She is physically beautiful and has an excellent mind.

Sorry for the observation but I am a flaming heterosexual.

4. Ryan B says:

America’s Right needs to do a little research first…

Angela McGlowan, the National Tea Party Convention, and Due Diligence

SHE IS NOT PRO-GUN!!

5. Jeff Schreiber says:

Yeah. Ryan B. is right. Now, if she’s a true conservative, she’d be for the states to decide. Still, though, that’s not good.

Great catch. And I agree with the folks at Redstate about lack of due diligence.

6. John says:

She honestly doesn’t sound conservative. Bob Dole, Casinos, and Fox News smells of corporatism, big government, and special interests. Sorry Jeff, I usually agree with you, but on this one I don’t.

7. Ryan B says:

Thanks Jeff! It’s a rare occasion that someone tells me I’m right!