Hey, Martha — it’s M-A-S-S-A-C-H-U-S-E-T-T-S

Thanks to the sharp eye of the folks over at MassLive (and with a hat tip to Ed Morrissey over at HotAir), we’ve found out that wanna-be Massachusetts senator Martha Coakley released an advertisement in which the name of the state she wants to represent was misspelled.

Take a look for yourself at a screenshot from the ad:

This is the same woman who, during last night’s debate, said that there is no Taliban in Afghanistan.  After, of course, ten Americans were killed by Taliban fighters this month alone.

And while Coakley faltered, Republican challenger Scott Brown shined.  Asked by David Gergen about whether he’s ready to “sit in Teddy Kennedy’s seat,” Brown gave the following reply:

Obviously, there are more pressing issues to be considered when it comes to the upcoming special election in Massachusetts.  This, however, goes to the fact that the Democrats are still taking their draw–especially in traditionally “blue” states–for granted.  Coakley obviously is a few entrees short of a smorgasbord, but the party chose to run her nonetheless because they obviously felt as though another Democrat in Kennedy’s seat–excuse me, the people’s seat–was a shoe-in.

Regardless, it was a brilliant line and performance from Scott Brown. And as for Martha Coakley, perhaps she should consider moving to and running for the Senate in Ohio or Iowa or even New York, all of which are far easier to spell than M-A-S-S-A-C-H-U-S-E-T-T-S.

Comments

1. Boston Blackie says:

I would love to have someone find which OUT OF STATE advertising agency put that together. Most out of staters can’t pronounce never mind spell Massachusetts. Hey it’s not her fault, she was born and raised on the New York border. She has more in common with Albany than Boston. She has an accent that sounds like she is from Wisconsin. Listen to her say the word Tuesday, she drags the word out so long it sounds like Tooooooozday.
    GO BROWN, BEAT JOKELY!

2. Spelling 101 says:

M A S S A T W O S H I * S

3. Boston Blackie says:

Martha is now blaming the assault on the Weekly Standard reporter last night by the DNC hack, as her being stalked by GOP haters. So now if a reporter follows you on a public street to ask questions, it is stalking. She will fit in quite well in DC. I noticed the person who assaulted the reporter had on a purple sweater ot t-shirt under the blazer – SEIU sympathizer maybe!?!
    Last I checked, as the Attorney General she is still the top attorney of the state. She witnessed an assault on the streets of DC and did nothing!!

4. Gail B. says:

Boston Blackie said:
    January 12, 2010 at 1:15 pm

“LMAO, I love it!! You made my day – 7 more days until the start of the 2nd American Revolution.”

Amen! And Amen!

5. Celia says:

@ Boston Blackie,
    I heard on Fox News from the guy that was attacked that he looked on the numbnut’s bio page (a page similar to a LinkedIn, I presume) that he works for the DNC in “disaster” intervention/communication. <—–THIS I find absolutely hysterical and very telling…that the DNC considers this a disaster situation.

Trackbacks

1. [...] woman to be any more out of touch with the state she wants to represent?  I mean, we already know she can’t spell the darned state correctly.  And we know she’s okay with bringing battery charges against a father who [...]