To Brighten Your Monday

Behold, the Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll from Sunday, December 13, 2009. As you can see, the gap between those who strongly approve and those who strongly disapprove has widened to -19 — or, if you’re into comparisons, slightly worse than Tiger Woods does among married moms.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs and the spin machine can do what ever they choose — there’s simply no way around the reality that this president is becoming a lame duck quicker than an unfortunate mallard facing Dick Cheney before the afternoon cocktails. It’s only a matter of time before Democrats facing hotly contested elections in districts and states back home start to chuckle nervously and say: “Hey, that’s okay, Mr. President. I think we’re doing just fine back here. Instead of coming out for a few speeches and stuff, why don’t you and the First Lady take in some theatre?”

Negative nineteen. Great score if you’re a skirt-chasing multi-racial golfer. Not so good for a skirt-wearing (at least when it comes to foreign policy) multi-racial president.

Comments

1. William A. Rose says:

2010! It's coming! I hope the American people will have awakened enough to make positive changes.

It does seem that the think tanks in D.C. could take the hint, doesn't it?! What goes up must come down. Obama-Soetoro's popularity is like a roller coaster ride gone bad. The trouble is, he's bringing the country down with him!

3. WILD RIDE says:

Obamas popularity chart looks like the global temperature chart, of the 1400's!!

Hey people, the earth gets warm, it gets cool, GET OVER IT.

That was soooooo cool how George W. Bush hacked into Obama's Peace Prize teleprompter to once again get his view out there on fighting evil.

5. DELUSION 101 says:

WASHINGTON (AFP) – US President Barack Obama, in remarks aired late Sunday, awarded himself a B plus for his first 11 months in office, stressing in an interview with talk show queen Oprah Winfrey that there was still much to be done.

"A good solid B plus," Obama said during an hour-long, intimate soft-focus ABC network Christmas at the White House special, when Winfrey asked what grade he would give himself.

Gail,

this is no roller coaster; more like Howard Hughes spruce goose. There was never any real lift there, just a lot of money thrown at it for a really short pseudo-thrill.

WOW, I flew across the bay!; well part of the bay.

7. Boston Blackie says:

And for this he gives himself a solid B+

William,

What is a 'positive' change? It's been so long I have forgotten.

9. Ralphie Parker says:

It always was fun, grading your own papers, in grammar school. What a joke.

10. GATOR-1 says:

I think my verification word pretty much sums up the mans attitude about his temporary residence, and his fame for that matter.

Mines

Sorry I couldnt resist…

BLESSINGS PATRIOTS

11. Dee says:

It will be important to keep everyone awake until next election day. Many voters have a short attention span and they will need to be constantly reminded of the need for them to vote.
    I read that BO would have given himself a higher grade if healthcare had been passed. I think he's already testing the "medical marijuana" and it has effected his outlook.

Jeff, to really brighten our Monday, scan the front of that card I snail mailed ya and use it as a post photo, and story. ha ha ha

13. Hanging on Barbaras every word says:

WASHINGTON – The widely played video clip of U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer reprimanding a general for calling her "ma'am" is the gift that keeps on giving for the two Republicans hoping to challenge her next year.

Republicans Carly Fiorina and Chuck DeVore are trying to capitalize on the exchange by making it a key ingredient of their fundraising efforts and attempts to recruit grassroots support. Both campaigns say the video revs up a GOP base that already has long-standing animosity toward Boxer, among the most liberal members of the Senate.

14. Randy Wills says:

It really did brighten my morning, Jeff, but that last paragraph really had a bite to it – if I'm Obama. I think that you're sinking fast on both his and Tiger's lists of "People I'd like to play a round of golf with."

Randy

15. Boston Blackie says:

The green line shows us working stiffs' expendable income while the red line shows how much more we are paying in taxes

He not only wears a skirt, Michelle has to lay the right one out for him to wear.

17. AND ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST says:

After more than a quarter-century of public service to his home state of Tennessee, U.S. Rep. Bart Gordon announced his plans to retire from Congress when his current term ends in 2010.

“I feel honored that the people of Middle Tennessee have allowed me to serve them for the past 25 years,” said Gordon. “Every decision I have made in Congress has been with their best interests in mind. I hope the people here at home feel that I have served them as well as their good advice and views have served me.

18. BRING DOWN FRANK says:

The Campaign Against Barney Frank

This is an absolute must-join Facebook group.

WACH-U talkin' 'bout Willis? I just gave myself a B+ !!!!!!!

does this remind you of ACORN says it will investigate itself then months later they "FIND NO WRONGDOING." ???

i wish someone out there has the guts to do some serious comedy about this administration; its bound to be a hit.

21. Let the groundswell begin says:

The Campaign Against Harry Reid

Another Facebook group for patriots to join!

22. FOIA says:

Hmmmmm, a B+

I'd love to see his grades and other entrance data to his first college. Can you spell foreigner?

23. OOMBATU WAZI'S says:

Kenya uses a different grading system. There, a B+ is an F-

24. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE RAIN says:

Scientists say global warming will create rising sea levels, increasing drought, more extreme weather and the extinction of some species.

-Associated Press Writer Cara Anna contributed from Beijing.

Whatever happened to the water cycle we learned in school. If it did all melt wouldn't that mean more water available to evaporation and thus more chance of rain instead of drought???

These scientists are really confusing me.

8:37,
    Anybody notice, NO hurricanes this year? Maybe God is in control of all this and is giving us a break….. ever think of that people?

26. I Beam says:

On the heals of a Peace Prize no doubt

30% approval rating by Independence Day?

20%

20 going once, 20 going twice…….

10% 10% !