‘And I Was The Hooker?’

Because it has only served as a convenient distraction for the mainstream press, diverting attention and energy away from the newest Democratic Party spending bill, the ongoing health care debate–including the apparent demise of the public option (likely in name only)–and the hypocrisy of the climate change summit in Copenhagen, and because it really isn’t any of my business, I’ve largely stayed on the periphery when it comes to the seedy soap opera which has taken the place of Tiger Woods’ formerly spotless public life.

Yesterday morning, however, I stumbled upon a blurb on the New York Post’s Web site that made me chuckle. Included within were a few statements regarding the sideshow which has become Tiger Woods’ personal life, comments made by someone who knows a little something about sideshows in personal life, comments which were surprisingly poignant given the source.

“Here you have all these girls accepting gifts, money, trips from Tiger in exchange for sex — all the while knowing he is married,” said Ashley Dupre, the high-priced call girl who presided over the very public meltdown of former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer’s personal life and political career. “And now they all can’t wait to tell their stories in exchange for even more money from the tabloids? And I was the hooker? At least I kept my mouth shut.”

Brilliant. And now back to regularly scheduled programming.

Comments

1. GLOBAL WARMING BUNNIES, LLC says:

It's looking like I am gonna need a warm hooker for the winter.

DES MOINES, Iowa – A fierce winter storm was leaving dangerous ice, heavy snow and vicious winds in its wake as it slogged eastward Wednesday, snarling traffic and closing hundreds of schools from the Upper Midwest through New England.

More than a foot of snow was expected in parts of Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa, where the National Weather Service warned of "extremely dangerous blizzard conditions" and near whiteout driving conditions. Wind gusts of up to 50 mph could build snow drifts between 8 and 15 feet tall.

you must understand, your not paying a hooker for sex, your paying her to leave and forget about you when it is done.

But the groupie/entourage/leach wants to get paid over and over again for the same sex and will sell her story to anyone for another dollar. She wants that popularity and will get that attention one way or another.

ka-ching

Why is it Bad Girls always look so darned good? :D

4. Boston Blackie says:

Like the old saying goes "It takes one to know one".
    At least Ashley doesn't deny what she is.

I am starting to think this WH has a "wag the dog" czar to divert attention from all the socialist programs they are trying to stuff down our throats.

5. William A. Rose says:

I am tired of hearing about Tiger Woods' escapades. It is none of my business. He must answer to God and to his wife. The wife "chickens" have come home to roost. He'll deal with God, er, God will deal with him, soon enough.

Bill Clinton, on the other hand, was my business. He was the President! His conduct reflected on all of us. Same story to a lesser extent for all those that choose to hit the Appalachian Trail and are found out.

6. Bill Clinton says:

Does AR have a graphics staff that could Photoshop that beautiful young womans hands out of that photo?

7. La Muse Poetique says:

I could say something really vulgar about that last like "at least I kept my mouth shut"…but I won't.

8. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

La Muse Poetique said…

I was tempted. It was 3:30 a.m. when I wrote that little piece. I'm glad I didn't, though.

Bill Clinton said…

Like you haven't seen 'em already, Willie.

(2) There is something seriously wrong with Tiger Woods — you HAVE seen pictures of his wife, haven't you? I mean, if I were a guy and married to her, I couldn't sleep in the same bed with her. Just knowing what she looks like would keep me awake!

Ha-ha-ha! Verify: anersm

10. William A. Rose says:

Oh my Gail. My reference to the 'Appalachian Trail' concerned the newly coined meaning of it as it applies to Mark Sanford's escapades.

I'm with Gail on that not-sleeping comment! Tiger, you idiot, get a life you sick billionaire.

For clarification–

I said:
    "(1) I've been on the Appalachian Trail. Does it surprise anyone that I didn't see any politicians?"

My Girl Scout troop and a unit from Girl Scout camp both went on the Appalachian Trail. I've been on it outside of Girl Scout activities, but I will simply plead the Fifth and let you think what you please. It's more fun that way!