How About We Rescind ALL Awards?

Assigned Reading: Academy Members: Take Back Al Gore’s Oscars
(FROM: Los Angeles Times)

Great idea by two conservative Hollywood types. But I’m less concerned about his Academy Awards and more concerned about his Nobel Peace Prize. Yes, this year, we’ve seen that the prize isn’t quite all it’s cracked up to be — but that doesn’t take away from the fact that, in order to win a few years ago, Gore beat out a woman by the name of Irena Sendler.

Irena Sendler, in her nineties at the time of the nomination, was known for singlehandedly saving more than 2,500 Jewish children from the concentration camps during the Holocaust. Thousands upon thousands of Jewish men, women and children now living and breathing–some of which, I’m sure, are in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences–owe their very existence to Ms. Sendler.

Instead of awarding the prize to her, however, it went to a man who developed a pseudo-documentary riddled with inaccuracies and entirely based on a complete fraud. The Oscar, see, isn’t the award I’d like rescinded.

Comments

You are so right!!!

The Irena Sendler story was aired several months ago on television and was really a wonderful film about this very courageous lady whose only motive was to save the children of those she knew were going to their deaths. She was a nurse and created ingenous ways to smuggle the children out of the ghetto. She also created a network of people all working together to smuggle these children to safety. It speaks volumes on what one human being can do against the face of an evil enemy.

As for Al Gore, he is as arrogant as Obama and more. I heard a story from someone in the military about how he and his wife treated the USAF pilots. One time he wanted to go to Alaska for a speech and take AF 1, but he was told the plane was not currently equipped with the proper de-icing equipment for the trip. He ordered the AF 1 to go anyway and kept the pilots on-board the entire time with the jet running while he made his speech. Do you think that is what caused global warming? I really have no respect for this con man or his global warming buddies.

2. goddessdivine says:

Love the fire coming out of his mouth. Every since this story broke I've been saying that we need to revoke that prize from Gore. He is a fraud!

Trying the terrorists here will free up the military tribunals to handle these climate change fraudsters.

4. T.I.M. says:

If we can revoke a prize that was awarded under false pretenses, can we also revoke a plum position (ie, a tenancy in the White House)?

I'm disappointed. I wrote to the grand pooh-pah of Nobel Peace Prizes seeking help for Christmas presents and he hasn't responded yet. How rude.

October 14, 2009

Mr. Thorbjørn Jagland, Chairman
    The Norwegian Nobel Committee
    The Norwegian Nobel Institute
    NO-0255 Oslo, Norway

Dear Mr. Jagland:

Christmas is rapidly approaching and I have two people on my Christmas list who have never completed anything significant, but may someday.

Since it appears that in order to receive the Nobel Peace Prize the recipient no longer must demonstrate any meaningful accomplishment either I think that Peace Prizes would make an ideal Christmas presents for them.

Please tell me what consideration you require for two of these prizes.

Sincerely,

Anonymous at 8:58 PM–

PRICELESS!

We should ALL mail that letter 8:58 did…. flood that worthless trophy giving committee with our disgust.

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – A large and powerful storm howled across the West with snow and strong winds Monday, snarling traffic, closing schools and threatening to spawn mudslides in wildfire-devastated Southern California.

Virtually the entire region was suffering, from subzero wind chills in Washington state to heavy snow that closed schools and government offices in Reno, Nev., and left big rigs jackknifed across highways in several states. Blizzard warnings were in effect for northern Arizona and parts of Colorado, with forecasters predicting up to 2 feet of snow around Flagstaff.