Who Lies?

Assigned Reading: Health bills fail to block illegals from coverage
(FROM: The Washington Times)

Everyone remembers Joe Wilson’s (in)famous outburst. The Democrats were so busy censuring him for his bad manners that they managed to mostly distract people from the substance of his comment: Obama was lying.

Just in case anyone needs a convenient reminder to forward along to their friends, consider the lead-in of this Washington Times story:

Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants could receive health care coverage from their employers under the bills winding their way through Congress, despite President Obama’s explicit pledge that illegal immigrants would not benefit.

Doesn’t get much simpler than that, does it?

The lies only work if they go unquestioned, and so it’s our responsibility to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Comments

1. William A. Rose says:

I have sent letter after letter to my Congressional representatives – both in the House and Senate. The responses I ALWAYS receive are politically correct rhetoric if not blantantly telling me they will do what they want and the claim that they are serving what We The People want.

I don't know what else to do except for my small input come the next election cycle.

I might even serve as an Election Inspector or Election Judge again. I hate having to register with a party to be able to do that. I am neither a Democrat or Republican. I'm just me – veteran and patriot.

Thank you for your service, William. I really think we need to encourage those who normally don't bother to vote to get out and vote this next election.

William, thank you for your service.

Aren't most of the veterans and active military Republicans, or at least conservative? Seems to me that SOMEHOW a grassroots effort on the part of the military could persuade your congressmen, say, by sending them a pink slip, would get their attention. Georgia's congressmen have stated that the pink slips are working.

And, Jeff, since when do you believe ANYTHING Obama-Soetoro says?! He's a hangydowny-faced liar!

4. Boston Blackie says:

Thank you,William, for your service. I am like you, I am registered as unenrolled and on election primary days I have to request either a republican or democratic ballot. I also like that I am left alone and never called by either party.

Everyone knew the "out" was that nobody would be asked what their immigrant status was.
    In my next life I just want what the illegals get in this country – everything for free.

5. Linda says:
  6. Bdenzee says:

Rumsfeld summed it up pretty well today when he said that Obama does a "disservice to the truth."

A polite way to say Obama lied..

I think Barry has told lies so often that he really has no problem do it.

I can't believe any of his utterances.