Celebrate Eid-ul-Adha and the Hajj By Parting With Your Tax Money

On Wednesday, as millions of Americans began to gather family, friends and turkey for the Thanksgiving holiday and in advance of the Christmas and Hanukkah holidays, another holiday of sorts was on the mind of President Barack Obama.

The celebrations are Eid-ul-Adha and the Hajj, the latter being the traditional Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca performed by millions of Muslims each and every year. The White House released the following message from the president and his wife.

Michelle and I would like to send our best wishes to all those performing Hajj this year, and to Muslims in America and around the world who are celebrating Eid-ul-Adha. The rituals of Hajj and Eid-ul-Adha both serve as reminders of the shared Abrahamic roots of three of the world’s major religions.

During Hajj, the world’s largest and most diverse gathering, three million Muslims from all walks of life – including thousands of American Muslims – will stand in prayer on Mount Arafat. The following day, Muslims around the world will celebrate Eid-ul-Adha and distribute food to the less fortunate to commemorate Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son out of obedience to God.

This year, I am pleased that the Department of Health and Human Services has partnered with the Saudi Health Ministry to prevent and limit the spread of H1N1 during Hajj. Cooperating on combating H1N1 is one of the ways we are implementing my administration’s commitment to partnership in areas of mutual interest.

On behalf of the American people, we would like to extend our greetings during this Hajj season – Eid Mubarak.

First of all, if you’re looking for a broadspectrum indictment of all Muslims, even in the wake of the terrorist attack at Fort Hood carried out by a radical Muslim masquerading for years as a U.S. soldier, you’re not going to find it. Were it not for some Muslim friends and acquaintances who feel as I do about both the United States of America and the threat of radical Islamic jihad, I would have been lost to such conclusions long ago.

Still, I’ll be waiting for widely disseminated statements from Barack and Michelle Obama in celebration of Christmas and Hanukkah as well. Despite the hoaxes which have been circulated with regard to a missing Christmas tree at the White House–they’ve actually chosen a Douglas Fir grown in Shepherdstown, West Virginia–I expect that we’ll see such a statement, and that it will be a nice one.

However, in the day of selective holiday advertising from the likes of Best Buy, and in a time when Christianity in particular is becoming more and more taboo, of course it’s natural to wonder about such things. In his message to Muslims attending the Hajj, though, it wasn’t just that he addressed Islam which stuck out in my mind.

Did anyone notice the second to last paragraph?

Not that we’ll ever find out–after all, despite all of the purported oversight our government has been sending so-called “stimulus” money for job creation in congressional districts which do not exist–but I’d really like to know exactly how much taxpayer money is being sent to Saudi Arabia to fight the spread of H1N1 among Muslims who come together for the Hajj. Saudi Arabia, after all, is not quite the poorest of countries.

I understand the value of preventing the spread of disease through large collections of people. It makes sense. But this isn’t the hantavirus. This isn’t gonorrhea at Barney Frank’s annual Christmas Party. It’s Swine Flu, and despite all of the hype and reports, H1N1 is proving to be truly no more virulent than the traditional, run-of-the-mill seasonal flu. Whatever amount of taxpayer funds we’re spending in partnership with the Saudi Ministry of Health–Slogan: “Pregnant? Try Stoning!”–it certainly seems like a waste of money and resources to me.

Comments

three of the world's largest religions?????
    ITS NOT THREE OF OUR LARGEST RELIGIONS!!!

did the arabs send us a message of "happy thanksgiving"???
    THIS MAN IS PHONY WHO GOT INTO THE WHITE HOUSE IN AN EFFORT TO BRING AMERICA TO ISLAM!!!

but it aint gonna happen!
    this is the fruit of the fact that Rev. Wright was (STILL IS???) a muslim.

why the PLO guy Khalid Rashid always had dinners with the obamas and why obama LIED that he hardly knew the man.

anyone else see what i see?
    for every time obama appear to do anything he doubles it at the same time with something terrible.

JUST LIKE THE MAFIA.
    being in church while the boss orders the slaughter of entire families. WITHOUT A DOUBT this has become obama's signature of doing bad… just go back and look at the dates he has screwed up anytihng::: you will find on the same day he APPEARS to be reaching out to someone or something… "APPEARS," I SAY. because he always follows it up with bad.

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY THIS MAN GETS HIS BRAND THE HELL OUT OF THE OVAL OFFICE AND WHITE HOUSE.

i suggest they do cleaning-over when these people move out of the white house.

i am not being paranoid when i say it would not be a surprise to me if that white house and oval office is not filled with spy equipment and possibly booby-trapped when the obama's move out. of course they will time it for him to be gone for a month or two… i do not trust this man in the most literal sense.

i had my doubts before and each week i am more convinced obama is not one of us.

i betcha anything he's stalling on afghanstan because he envisions all that money that has to be spent and he dont think it should go to american military.

i betcha he's busy trying to figure out how to work some of that money into the hands of the enemies or quite possibly someone of his in that region. i'd like to know the movements on the former chief at ACORN, Rathke who is now "traveling" abroad saying he's orginizing the ACORN movement abroad but calling it something else… forgot what it is right now, International something or other…. i'd like to see how many CONTRACTS Rathke's group ends up with abroad and most specifically anything to do with the Afghanstan war?

(1) (My initial thought, and as it turned out, yours, too:) It's going to be interesting to see what Obama-Soetoro has to say to the American people about CHRISTMAS and HANUKKAH!

(2) –Like anybody here really gives a rat's rosterium to whom he and Michelle send their best wishes!

(3) What else can you expect from a self-proclaimed Muslim?

(4) Must not have been all that important–I forgot what it was!

================
    you are right!
    and what a crock from obama.
    we have the lame media and their product: a lame president.

7. Randy Wills says:

I realize that the thrust of your aricle, Jeff, is that Obama continues to be overly-solicitous regarding Muslim nations and Islamisn in general, but I would like to offer a counterpoint to your statement that we wouldn't find a "broad-spectrum indictment of all Muslims" coming from you.

I believe that tolerance towards Islamism is totally misplaced. Ask the Europeans about how that is working out for them.

Islamism is in complete conflict with our democratic way of life. Its religious facet is inseparable from its govermental facet and I find it implausible that any regular reader of AR would entertain tolerance towards a governmental philosophy predicated on the demise of democracy.

To fail to condemn Islamism would be akin to failing to condemn communism. Yes, there probably were/are many non-threatening communists at the individual level, but that would nor suffice, in my mind, to merit tolerance of them within our system because the core mission of communisim is still to replace our system of government with another.

Islamism and democracy cannot co-exist. "Moderate Muslims" are still Muslims and are bound by the same Q'ran as the "extremists". It would be like saying "benign cancer" is O.K. until it becomes virulent. Dosen't work for me, and we tolerate any shade of Islamism at our own peril.

Randy

I agree that an indictment of all Muslims is not appropriate.

I believe that regardless of how your treated by a Muslim, their feelings about Jihad and advancing their cause is well supported behind closed doors.

That's the beauty of this country, believe whatever the hell you want, just be prepared to be held accountable for your actions.

Unfortunately we (as a country) are losing touch with holding people accountable.

Anonymous at 12:37 PM–

Jeff didn't catch you asleep at the wheel!

Or you, either, Anonymous, minutes later at 12:41!

AMEN!

I don't think I ever knew of a more disgusting man or a more dangerous one.

I'm with Randy.

11. Claudia says:

Randy Wills, RIGHT ON,you hit the nail squarely on the head, ONCE A MUSLIM, and ONCE living by the doctrines, ALWAYS LIVING BY THE DOCTRINES AND THE JIHAD THOUGHTS, QUESTS.

They start putting it into you before you know how to think, so it is ALWAYS inside your brain and heart, even though you may slough it off for a period of your life because of a conscious effort you are making, it WILL NEVER GO AWAY……. it will always be a present under carriage in your mind and heart.

12. William A. Rose says:

Well said Randy.

13. John Feeny says:

To me, life is very simple: if it looks like crap, smells like crap, and tastes like crap, there's a better-than-average chance that it is, indeed, crap.

I agree with you Randy completely! Until we 'get it', we are like sitting ducks.

Can a Muslim be a real American?

In light of the murders at Ft. Hood by a Muslim Officer (who had sworn to
    defend the people, our Constitution and the United States) this article
    becomes more timely and real than ever;

Can a good Muslim be a good American?

Theologically – no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of
    Arabia.

Religiously – no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah
    except Islam.

Scripturally – no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of
    Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically – no.. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he
    turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially – no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make
    friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically – no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual
    leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America,
    the great Satan.

Domestically – no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat
    and scourge his wife when she disobeys him.

Intellectually – no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution
    since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be
    corrupt.

Philosophically – no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not
    allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot
    coexist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually – no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the
    Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as
    heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent
    names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation….perhaps we should be very
    suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both
    "good" Muslims and good Americans.

Call it what you wish….it's still the truth.

Mudbug

three of the world's largest religions?????
    ITS NOT THREE OF OUR LARGEST RELIGIONS!!!
    ***************

i wrote that earlier and what i meant to say it is not one of the "three largest religions in the United States."

but again i ask did the leaders of any of these courtries wish America a Happy Thanksgiving?

Muslims are a minute portion of our population. what other religions has he done this for?

i have read and heard the comment that some Muslims are like any other american.

with all due respect, familiarize yourself with what is at the heart of that religion. at the heart of this religion is that ANY muslim is to be obedient to his leader. that leaves me with the assessment that Muslims are quiet until they are told not to be.

should they decide to mobilize you will feel the brunt of caving into footbaths, and dis-allowing prayers to Jesus Christ, God, etc. IMO, they are building a nest and i pray the right people are in leadership before they decide to break some eggs.

CAN A MUSLIM BE A REAL AMERICAN???

======================

well said…

19. Randy Wills says:

Reading my earlier comment in print gives me concern that it came across as personal criticism, Jeff, and for that I apologize.

I would also like to state unequivically that I make it a practice to never judge individuals by group standards and I defend every person's right to worship God (or not)in any form that they choose. But in the case of Islamism, I reject its right to exist in the United States in its entirety because of its stated goal of eliminating all non-believers (infidels, if you would), but especially those who follow Judeo/Christian beliefs, by whatever means are available, including beheading.

Although there may be self-proclaimed "moderates" of the Muslim faith, I'll believe that when I see them marching, en masse, in the streets of America, condemning those who have "hijacked" the faith. My contention is that the so-called "moderates" are simply obeying the Q'ran by not speaking against their Muslim brothers, thus giving lie to their claim that they disagree with the fundamental precepts of the Q'ran.

I'd like them to prove me wrong. A good place to start would be by vociferously condemning not only Islamic hatred for non-believers (as clearly called for in the Q'ran and the Hadiths) but also the Islamic countries, such as Saudi Arabia, that deny basic human rights and freedom of worship to non-Muslims.

Randy

Randy is right.

21. Robert Wallace says:

William-

You might want to click on the "About our Contributors" link near the top of the page. ;-)

22. William A. Rose says:

Randy, you should be a contributor to AR. Just my humble opinion.

Barack and Michelle said:

"will stand in prayer on Mount Arafat."

Isn't that Mount Ararat?

e. scott

24. Randy Wills says:

Thanks, William.

As Robert pointed out (above), I am (at least for the record) a contributor, but your point is well taken. I haven't held up my end of the bargain lately, I know, but I've promised Jeff and Robert that I'll make the time to contribute more regularly.

Frankly, I don't know how those two do it, but I'm certainly thankful that they are such prolific writers – and with such good stuff.

I'll be back, you can be sure of that. Until then, I can't help myself from jumping in with a comment or two to the things that they and the others put out there.

And thanks to all of the commentors. You're what makes this all worthwhile to me.

Randy

25. William A. Rose says:

Um, oh boy. No I feel like a real dolt! Doh, doh, doh, 32 dohs!

26. goddessdivine says:

I didn't take much time reading through all the comments, so hopefully no one already posted this. My father sent this to me a little over a week ago:

I don't think there's any question as to where Obama's allegiance lies.

27. William A. Rose says:

Goddessdivine, interesting video. Even though it is a collage of video clips, it captures Obama's essence perfectly. Thanks for the link.

28. Robert Wallace says:

"Mormonism, Islamism, Scientology, and other so called religions were started by non believers who wished their religion be based on their own beliefs, not on their former teachings. So I do not consider these as religions, but instead cults. And cults they will always be."

You hear that, Jeff? I'm a cult-member. Having grown up in the South I can't say that's the first time I've been called a cultist, nor that it's the worst thing people have called me because of my faith.

There are good arguments and bad arguments against Islam. This is one of the bad ones.

29. Georgia Traveler says:

Having not seen this I was almost shocked when I did look at it.
    You must remember that you are a non believer if you are not a Muslim, and non believers can be lied to with out breaking the Muslim Koran.
    Having studied many religions I have come to the conclusion that most of the modern religions were started by those who did not believe that the followers of the main books of religion knew what they were following.
    Therefore I must say that these so called religions that were started are not really religions but cults.

30. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Agreed.

I almost didn't recognize you without your gold-trimmed snuggie.

I don't know how to argue with these people. I really don't.

(Though I agree about Scientology. Xenu? Really?)

Jeff

31. goddessdivine says:

Georgia Traveler has obviously not studied Mormonism.

32. Randy Wills says:

Hmmmmmmm, Robert.

I wrote a comment some time earlier than the one at 7:01 PM and I don't see it posted. Is there some reason for that?

I'm always willing to debate an issue using third-party references and documents (dictionaries, the Scriptures, the Constitution, recognized historical writings, etc), so if there is a problem with anything that I write, please say so. Elsewise, I'll think that I'm one of "these people" that Jeff referenced and I'd hate to be cashiered out that way.

Respectfully, Randy

33. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

That was my fault, Randy. I was moderating comments from my phone and the touch screen rejected about three comments, one of which was yours.

That being said, I didn't care for it. You mentioned earlier that you make it a habit to not judge individuals as a group, but you did just that. I would have let it slide because I know you (as much as any of us know each other) and know you to be a decent guy, but it rubbed me the wrong way. It didn't seem to be a factual assertion, I guess.

34. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

When I accidentally hit "reject," it was lost. Forever.

The commenting mechanism with this Blogger program leaves much to be desired. There's no editing, only an up-or-down vote, and I don't even know which post a comment is being associated with.

The gist of it, though, wasn't too kind to Mormonism and Mormons, and I believe was directed at or at least referenced Robert. And you knew enough that it might be problematic, as you started the comment with something along the lines of "this may be my swan song at AR…"

I look at this in the form of a slippery slope. We complain [rightfully] about the negative attention that Christianity receives by the MSM and such, and yet we disparage other faiths? It just rubs me the wrong way.

Sorry, Jeff, that my comment rubbed you the wrong way, but would you please point out which part of my comment judged an
    individual? I recall judging any individual by group standards, but I certainly do judge organizations, both religious and political, on the basis of their publicaly accessible records, publications, pronoucements and documents. In other words, I call a spade a spade with total impartiality. Seems fair to me.

There's no way for me to "archive" my comments unless they appear in print, so perhaps you would be kind enough to at least publish the part that offended you so that my faults are out there for everyone to see. I'll take my lumps if they're deserved.

Thanks, and I think that you're a decent guy as well.

Randy

Hi, Jeff.

I know that this is your blog and I respect that completely, but I don't think that a comment from one of your contributors should be dismissed on the basis that it rubs you the wrong way.

Facts are stubborn things, and, although they may "offend" one of your close friends is no reason to dismiss them out-of-hand. And of course I knew that my comment would be perceived as contentious, but is that a good reason for not defending an earlier commentor from ridicule based on ideology rather than demonstrable fact? I don't think so.

Bottom line, if I can't speak my mind on issues of real importance, then I would ask that you "scrub" the blog of any reference to me as a contributor.

Actually, the only reason that I have for anything that I do or say is to point to Jesus Christ – absolutley nothing added or taken away, as Mormonism does – as the pivotal fact of human history. If I can't do that, then I have no purpose here at AR.

And plese, in respect of what I have contributed in the past, please don't "edit" this posting. Other readers have a right to know what this is all about. I believe that you owe both me and them that courtesy.

Sincerely, wishing you the best.

Randy

Rix's references to firsthand 'Israeli boots on the ground' dealings with radical Muslims are sadly missed.