AP Goes after Palin

Assigned Reading: AP Devotes 11 Reporters to Palin Book ‘Fact Check’
(FROM: Fox News)

The Associated Press managed to snag a pre-release copy of Palin’s new book “Going Rogue” and immediately assigned 11 full-time reporters to “fact check” the book. The result?

The AP claims Palin misstated her record with regard to travel expenses and taxpayer-funded bailouts, using statements widely reported elsewhere. But it also speculated into Palin’s motives for writing “Going Rogue: An American Life,” stating as fact that the book “has all the characteristics of a pre-campaign manifesto.”

So they rehashed some old attacks and then speculated about her motives. Takeaway? They couldn’t find anything to criticize.

Palin is a big girl, and she can take care of herself. She hit back from her Facebook page:

Imagine that. 11 AP reporters dedicating time and resources to tearing up the book, instead of using the time and resources to ‘fact check’ what’s going on with Sheik Mohammed’s trial, Pelosi’s health care takeover costs, Hasan’s associations, etc. Amazing.

The AP refused to comment.

Of course the story would not be complete without pointing out that compared to the 11 journalists who were unleashed on Palin’s book, the AP sent a grand total of ZERO bloodhounds to investigate either of Obama’s books. Or autobiographies by Ted Kennedy, Joe Biden or either of the Clintons. Given that record, I would refuse to comment as well.

My copy of “Going Rogue” should be waiting for me when I get home from school this evening. I’ll read it as quickly as time permits, and review the book here at America’s Right.

Comments

1. Boston Blackie says:

This does not surprise me coming from the the lame stream media. In my mind, it gives more attention to Sarah Palin and will probably encourage more people to buy her book. Liberals hate the fact that she is a mother of five and can still handle what is thrown at her. I think she can do more for this country in the future by not running for president. More power to you, Sarah!

2. T.I.M. says:

I've published a local column for the past eight years called "News Flashes from the AP" — where AP stands for Academically Plausible.

Looks like it might be time for the "real" AP to redefine what its initial purpose is, as well.

3. LindaL says:

Haven't read the book yet, but will. Watched her on Oprah (Youtube)and was still impressed with her. You are right, in that she can handle herself. Amazing that the liberals just get on a handle on this woman. They don't get it at all, which is funny to me. She definitely has my support.

4. Boston Blackie says:

Has anyone else seen the ABC / Barbara Walters interview. I believe it is a 4 or 5 part interview so there is more to come. Each time Sarah Palin is asked a question the camera is so up close during her responses that you can't even see below her chin and you can almost see her pores. I am sure this is done intentionally by ABC to make her come off and scary and looking like she is "in your face", while Barbara is shown in soft lighting in a comfortable chair. Unbelievable, simply unbelievable!

5. goddessdivine says:

Sarah Palin…..the woman the libs love to hate. She's everything they are not and they can't stand it. They can't stand the fact that a woman is rising in the ranks in the "other" party (that's supposed to happen in their party dangit!); so all they can do is waste air time and newspaper print trashing her. If anything, they just all come across as childish.

I absolutely love her remark, and was thinking along the same lines before I got to it. Just think what these bozos could find if they cared to look into ACORN or Obama's cabinet?

Can't wait to read your review!

Just bought Sarah's book and started reading…what a contrast between her background and Y'Obama's influence by radicals, questionable heritage issues, drug abuse and the 'hidden' records that we are not allowed to see…Sarah is an American success story and is proud of her country and her heritage. What a breath of fresh air!! It is driving the dimwits nuts and it is hilarious to hear them vow that they "pray" she runs…sure they do, that's why they spend so much time trying to destroy her. I think she will be effective in whatever avenue she chooses..maybe in the Senate or somewhere else. She is an example of what is good in America and compared to the nitwits who are in this administration now, she is looking more like a genius!

Like my Grandpa used to say, they're as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

Conservatives 4 Palin had an article today that the people of Michigan were lining up at the Borders where she is going to have her first book signing. Some were there at 9pm last night and she is having her book signing at 6 pm tonight.
    No other figure in this world has more power right now…not even the Immaculated One!

9. Patrick says:

While I believe that liberals are scared of Palin and that, if things keep going as they are, she could win in 2012, I still just don't think that it's her time. I mean, sure, she's already got more administrative experience than Obama had when he ran, but she needs more. The bar is higher for conservatives. It's easy to prove your liberal bona fides with nothing more than talk; talk is cheap. The only way to prove someone a conservative, though, is to look at their actions. Palin just needs more time for action. She also needs more time for learning, whether it's history, economics, current events, whatever. We don't want to throw one of our best into the top spot of a campaign before she's as ready as possible. That would just be a waste. Patience is a virtue and she's got time on her side.

I'm lovin' her more everyday…

Just watched Sarah Palin on Hannity, and she fielded questions very well. She discussed foreign policy with intelligence, too.

What the liberals hate about her is that she is genuine. How unusual and refreshing!

For her to be a "loser" in the fringe media's eyes, they surely are going to a lot of trouble to make her LOOK bad–something difficult to do when she's as pretty as she is!

She has more actual ability to handle the job of PotUS than Obama ever will. She had a higher security clearance than any of the others running in the last election. She has a proven track record of getting the job done …no matter what it might be.

I'm reminded of Teddy Roosevelt when thinking of her… Walk Softly & Carry a Big Stick!

She would send the Washington elite running for cover if she was in the WH & the Lame Stream Media would be kissin' up like big dogs after their treatment of her.

She couldn't possibly do as bad as the current administration and the fireworks around D.C. would be a wonder to behold.

She was Governor of Alaska for goodness sake,which had to be a bigger challenge than almost all the rest of the states.She stood up to Big Oil and WON! Rare,I'm sure.

She has a bigger following than the entire Republican Party and all without any effort…. I'm behind anyone that can make the Democrats & left leaning Republicans nervous to the point of loosing it in public… Too Funny actually.BTW..I WAS a registered Democrat until last year,but I wouldn't vote one in for dog catcher now and most of the Republicans aren't impressing anyone either.

The system is broken and the only logical fix is someone with the guts to stand their ground and make some tough choices. Any hunter knows facing a Moose takes guts.I think the lady is going to gain a lot of ground in the next few months and be a major force in the 2010 elections for the true conservative candidates. The 2012 elections are a ways off and the next year will be very telling for Sarah & conservatives…..Oh Yeah, & the pitiful liberals that will be facing her & those she backs…This is going to be interesting.

Mudbug

Patrick… She may have time…America does not!

14. William A. Rose says:

Well, I can't yet add my comment to the Health Care debacle.

If anyone wants a head start on reading it, here it us:

15. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Thank you, William. Thank you for paying attention to the rules for keeping comments germane to the post in question — this, of course, is the kind of exception we will make.

My college bookstore has a few copies and I skimmed through one. I really enjoyed her straightforward approach. She definitely calls it like she sees it.

17. Teri~Facedown says:

I finished Going Rouge this afternoon and simply stated, I adore Sarah Palin. She is straight forward, simple, and smart! Her love for Alaska and America come through in the pages of her memoir, and I appreciate her so much.

Once again, Sarah is spinning in controversy because that's the only way she can get herself in the news. Lord knows she's done nothing of substance to make her newsworthy so she latches on to whatever she can to keep her in the public eye

I'll take Palin's "non-substance" to Obama's "substance" any day of the week, friend.

At least I wouldn't feel like there's an alien (as in plans and policies for the United States) in the White House.

Old Bob

careful, AP
    David Letterman did and was soon booted from his own home (bad luck?)

oprah decided on major shift days after interviewing Palin whose book she hardly raised and it seemed oprah could hardly get out the words that it was already a best seller. (bad luck?)

obama says he wont read book and his numbers seem to be dwindling like icecube in hot water. (bad luck?)

liberals say Palin a joke but she sells over 300,000 books in ONE DAY? (guess the joke's on them now? bad luck.)

Levi bad-mouth Palin and Levi's mohter gets arrested and sentenced to three years while Palin tours?

meanwhile Levi becomes a fly on a windshield with his bad choice in magazines? bad luck, i guess.

dont be mean to anyone, especially unjustly.

i saw both those interviews: she clearly asked Charlie to define what he meant, but Charlie was more interested in being hurtful. he didnt explain it so she took from it what best she interpreted it to me, and frankly "Bush's worldview" was an excellent answer. just because there could have been another answer doesnt mean it wasnt the best answer and charlie screwed up much more than she did, imo.

as for Couric – i felt she was disrespectful not to accept the answer Palin first gave her. Palin told her she read many things. all Couric had to do was move on and until Couric is willing to show the entire video i believe Sarah that Katie was pressing and seeing it all puts the overall interview into a better light. Secondly, what she reads was not a make or break deal, but again the anxious LAME-media can tell liberals the butterfly they are looking at is really a ferocious lion and they all see ferocious lion. amusing and worrisome all at the same time.