KSM, New York City and My Growing Isolationism

680 miles. That’s how far I drove on Friday between our house outside of Philadelphia and our future hometown of Charleston, South Carolina. That’s also the distance between Karachi, Pakistan and Kabul, Afghanistan. And, interestingly enough, that was about how long it took me to have a sea change with regard to American presence in the latter nation.

Get them out. Now.

Since the morning of September 11, 2001, I’ve been all for the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. Like it or not, radical Islam declared war on us a long time ago, the three thousand dead on that day was a gigantic wake-up call, and we absolutely needed to take the fight to the terrorists. We were at war. We were fighting and killing radical Islamic terrorists in their backyards so they wouldn’t kill us in ours. And for seven years, it worked.

Now, however, in the wake of the second terrorist attack on American soil since Barack Obama took residency in the White House–the murder of an Army recruiter in Arkansas by Abdul Hakim Mujahid Muhammad was the first, and Nidal Malik Hasan’s shooting spree the second–it has finally become completely and undoubtedly evident that this president and this administration is no longer interested in fighting a war to ensure the safety and security of Americans on their own soil. The decision to bring 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad to New York City for a federal trial was the last straw. And so long as Barack Hussein Obama is no longer taking this fight against radical Islam seriously, I don’t want another American dying or even getting a paper cut for this president.

I’m done with it. Call me a flip-flopper if you’d like. I don’t care. Why should sons and daughters and mothers and fathers already sacrificing so much sacrifice their very lives for a president who doesn’t think enough of them or their service to acknowledge properly the slaughter of 13 of their Army brothers and sisters here at home? Why should they die while he dithers? Why should little boys and little girls stand at their father or mother’s gravesite when this president refuses to stand up against political correctness and fight this war for real?

Conducting a law enforcement operation rather than fighting a war has made the United States of America look weak and toothless. Frankly, we’ve looked that way since the second day of Barack Obama’s presidency, when he vowed to close the state-of-the-art terrorist detainee facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba without so much as an inkling of where he would deposit the terrorists inside. And the toothlessness continued this past spring, when the president entertained the idea of capitulating with the ACLU and releasing photographs of alleged detainee abuse, images that would undoubtedly incense an already incensed Muslim population and cause the death of more troops. Between then and now, we’ve seen the Justice Department’s decision to investigate the intelligence community for doing the work necessary to keep our country safe, and heard unsubstantiated statements made by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that intelligence officials intentionally lied to Congress. We’ve watched as this president decided to order that all detainees captured on the battlefield be read their Miranda rights, and now we have the chance to see Khalid Sheikh Mohammad transported to within a few blocks of the buildings he worked to bring down for a fill American civilian trial.

What happened to the promises made by Barack Obama that KSM and the others would receive a full military trial? There’s a reason that these animals aren’t permitted into the civilian system — for one, they would be granted the same rights and privileges as the Americans they killed. And, second, in the civilian criminal system, there are a wealth of technicalities and such which will be at the disposal of those defending the indefensible. These men were captured and held in a way which was never, ever anticipated would lead to a civilian trial. Besides the inherent problem in publicizing our intelligence-gathering information, a civilian trial could lead to dismissal outright. Attorney Gen. Eric Holder promises execution, but since when is a promise from this administration worth more than a penno. If you want Khalid Sheikh Mohammed executed, then just execute him already. Due Process Rights are reserved for Americans, not those who wish to murder them.

Regardless, the victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001 deserve better. Likewise, the victims of the attack which will likely happen in New York City during the course of Barack Obama’s big show trial deserve better as well. This is politics and ignorance and the politics of ignorance, plain and simple, and it is a game increasingly well-played by this president.

I’ve said in the past, and continue to say, that I prefer our servicemen and servicewomen fight this war and win with honor. However, when they have to watch their six just as much as they must scan their surroundings, the war is over. These men and women are fighting a political battle for President Obama, fighting for things like health care reform and cap-and-trade and political capital rather than against Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and purveyors of radical Islamic jihad. Winning, for this president, is no longer–and has never been–an option.

Bring our fighting men and women home right now. In bringing Khalid Sheikh Mohammad to New York City, Barack Obama is willing to risk the safety and security of New Yorkers for his political agenda, and time after time we see that he uses the military for the same purposes. He perceives more of a threat from vociferous conservatives than bomb-strapped radical Muslims. He has a problem with America as a superpower. Consequently, he’s not taking the Global War on Terror seriously. Why should the very brave men and women he so disdains die for him and his indecisiveness?

ANOTHER NOTE: Incidentally, I heard today someone floating the idea of a million-man march in protest to this decision, to take place in New York City. I think it’s an excellent idea. But I doubt anyone in the White House will listen.

Comments

1. Boston Blackie says:

Just wait until some liberal judge presiding over this trial makes a ruling against the government's evidence because of the way it was obtained. The ruling will have a trickle down effect tieing the prosecution's hands which could result in a not guilty ruling. What then, release these murderers.
    I also believe that Obamama wants to close Gitmo so he can hand over the base to Cuba and no other reason.

2. goddessdivine says:

Ah. Here it is. I knew you had thoughts on this ill-conceived notion.

This has to be The One's WORST decisions to date. Bringing these murderous thugs to NYC will only pour salt in the wounds of the victims. These Islamo-fascist terrorists are war criminals! They are not protected by the Constitution, and this should be carried out in a military tribunal. Allowing it to take place in a civilian court (made for actual civilians of this country) will only result in a 3-ring circus, as these waste-oids will make a mockery of our system and the thousands of lives they took that dreadful day of Sept 11th. As if NY and the victims haven't been through enough.

I can't help but think this is a way for the Obamanation to come after Cheney, Bush, the CIA and the so-called "torture" tactics. And like you said, classified information will be revealed, leaving us weaker and even more defenseless.

Way to go Obama!

(Anyone else find it convenient Obama was in Asia when this announcement was made?!)

3. LINE EM UP says:

T R E A S O N

Jeff, when I think I can't get any more outraged, another day dawns and with it the evidence that something very sinister and diabloical is going on in our country. Under the disguise of an American citizen, a man has been allowed to occupy our WH and is perpertrating the most extensive, traitorous destruction of our country anyone could imagine. My son is in the military and a nepehew in Afghanistan after two tours in Iraq and they are under the command of a marxist LUNATIC! We should be marching in the streets but I agree, they will not listen. This agenda is not up for discussion, it is not up for scrutiny by the American people because they have us by the throat and they know it…they have CONTROL of all the mechanisms of our gov't and while our heads are spinning, they are bringing their planned corruption and overthrow of our system into fruition! In our own arrogance, our profound stupidity has been revealed in that we would not see the TRUTH about this masquerade of Obama….the mask is coming off and oh, my, we are outraged. We shall soon find out how much this country means to each of us.

Jeff, everything you said rings true. It makes perfect sense–from bringing them home to Resident Obama-Soetoro's motives.

Perhaps we "grassrooters" should start a message: "Bring our troops home!"

What if there are any in Gitmo who have visas or cards (or whatever the heck they need to be in this country legally), and their cases are dismissed due to what Boston Blackie said. Wouldn't they logically be eligible to be released here in the United States?

I don't like that man! I can't trust that man. He lies. He makes Bush look like a pure saint!

What would be wrong with there being a military tribunal for them?

Betch our troops take no prisoners anymore!

6. Bodenzee says:

Let's get on with the trials. After these terrorists have been tried and not convicted go ahead and release them. Just make sure to release them onto the streets of New York. The residents and 9/11 survivors will welcome them into their homes, or….

7. Lilly says:

This is insane and must be stopped, but how? The bomb for IL today is that the Feds want to buy an Illinois prison that isn't fully operational and use it for detainees! All this is, is a bail out of the IL Democrats that have put this state into some much debt that it'll be impossible to get out! Watch the money on this deal! If it were not for hubby's job we'd be out of this state so fast. This prison is less then 2 hrs from our home. We do NOT want them on our soil. And I agree that if we can not send the troops needed, then bring our soldiers home!

I have been saying all along that we as the US should either "s**t or get off the pot" as the saying goes.

It looks like our country has constipation on the subject so we should indeed pull out and leave Afgan, whether or not there is retaliation. The fact is, we are getting killed right now. For the last couple of months I have felt like we are sitting ducks in Afgan territory. It is smelling more and more like Vietnam. The same indecisiveness was rampant in that war (as far as I've heard, wasn't very political back then for obvious reasons).

Who should we be emailing about this?

mmm

9. Claudia says:

Why should the White House and its resident pay any attention to a "Million Man March" for this trial, when they didn't pay any attention to TWO MILLION PEOPLE ON THE WHITE HOUSE STEPS on 9-12?? WE DON'T COUNT TO HIM, we are dirt beneath his feet and he has used the USA and US as stepping stones to become ruler of the World. Thatr is the only thing his greatly enflated ego will let him think about. He will rule the world, in his eyes…. perhaps not in ours, though.

I certainly do hope that we can find a way to stop himm he is becoming increasingly UNCONSTITUTIONAL IN EVERY RESPECT. Now he wants to step in and take over the running of the Airlines and the running and maintenance of all Light and Heavy rail in the US, so that there is no room for error on the part of the engineers who were responsible for the crash in Washington DC and the one in Los Angeles a few months ago.

His ego knows no bounds and he will continue to take away everything from the people who made and earned it all to glorify himself, his extremism and his political ideology. We are fast becoming his pawns in the end result that he hopes to attain.

10. John Feeny says:

I've been saying two things over and over again, and for a long time….

1)The military needs to wake up…it is being used and broken down. There has to come a time when these commanders on the ground and in the Pentagon look in the mirror and realize…the Constitution they're supporting will no longer exist if they don't act. Yes, I'm saying that the military has to act and remove this man. Waiting for impeachment hearings is no longer an option. There may not be much of an America left to preserve if they keep taking the politically-correct route.

2)It's only a matter of time until the people will tire of waiting for the military and begin open rebellion…I truly believe that, and to be honest, based upon what I'm witnessing these days, I wouldn't have altogether too much of a problem with it. When is enough ever going to be enough? This fraud is never going to bring our soldiers home…he WANTS this to turn into another Vietnam,since that was the essence and lifeblood of the political divisions forged during the late-60's, arguably the very group that is now the new ruling class in this country.

The interesting thing there is, however, whether the military would actually protect a man who has no use for them.

11. Kathy says:

Jeff, you just voiced my concerns on the wars exactly. It is time to cut our losses and do it now. I find it difficult to have one charitable thought about Barack Hussein Obama. He may be ignorant, and certainly arrogant, on a number of issues; however, I believe with every fiber of my being that he is out to destroy America. The gutless, spineless wonders in Congress of both parties, and not a few judges, apparently do not comprehend the evil in Obama. He does not love this country; he was radicalized a long time ago by communist/marxist thought and he is adding fascism to the mix. I will keep to myself what I think should be done, but there is no doubt in my mind at all that Obama has committed treason against our Constitution and against all Americans. God help us all.

If they bring all the troops home without any conflict to occupy them with….there will be some restless troops needing something to do….maybe that's why BO is procrastinating as long has he can over Iraq and Afghanistan….maybe he realizes that having so many pissed off troops back on home soil is not a good thing for him…..

13. Moonbeam says:

Do you any of you remember the first warning we recieved from Obama?

It was the day Air Force One flew low over Manhattan and scared to death many people.

Americans must unite and rid ourselves of this man and his people. We know it won't be easy, but he is moving so fast, wanting to claim martial law for one damn reason or another. I can tell you this much. He will have NO backing from our military.

14. William A. Rose says:

Revolution. We need a million-man march on DC. Armed to the teeth. We need to take over the government and hold emergency elections to get people properly installed as our leaders. This sounds like treason, but I seem to remember a story about that happening around 1776. Who was it that said a revolution every now and then is a healthy thing? However, I do not believe for one instant that enough like-minded people would dare do such a thing. People are still too worried about protecting their own selves, than to risk sacrificing everything if need be, to restore our REPUBLIC to what it's Founders had envisioned.

Life is still way too cushy here in the USA for We The People to bad together and ACT.

I guess I am one of Pelosi's dangerous enemies.

15. Robert Wallace says:

Jeff-

I certainly feel your frustration and anger, but I also have a slightly different take.

Our world view as Americans is shaped by our view of our history. And our view of history is not often entirely true to the facts.

Americans remember World War II as the good war. It was the Greatest Generation. We spent an uncountable sacrifice in blood and tears to fight back two evil empires and we won and the world is a better place.

All of that is true.

But what is often forgotten is that alongside the courage and bravery there was a lot of stupidity and needless waste. Time and time again American lives were sacrificed to satiate the ego of our commanders. Time and time again stupid decisions were made. And yes – sometimes immoral decisions were made.

The problem is that we want our history to be simple. We want to say that Americans can be divided into those who criticize America and those who defend America.

But the fact is that human nature is flawed, and anything that involves human nature is going to be flawed. And though it may be painful, that's the truth. And this means that war is always going to be ugly, and that some of our boys are always going to die because some asshole general didn't want to listen to better sense or some politician had to settle a squabble between primadona commanders.

It's not pretty. It's not good. And we should damn well work our hardest to minimize it. And I don't believe there has ever been a military on the face of this planet that works as hard to be professional and avoid these kinds of flaws as the United States Military. Relative to every other military in history we are without peer. But it's still an army of men. Not angels.

Given this fact I just can't quite get behind your reason. Is the President quite possibly playing politics with our soldier's lives? Yes. Is that reprehensible? Yes.

Does it nullify the validity of the mission? No.

Regardless of the moral caliber of our commanders – civilian and military – our military men and women have signed up to serve their country. It's an act of love, and so it's a little like marriage. You stick with your vows in sickness and in health, through the good and the bad. That's why I really love our military. Because they signed up knowing damn well that they are serving for the principles of American patriotism in an imperfect organization serving an imperfect government. Our soldiers know that politics interfere with their sacred mission, and they sign up any way. God bless them for putting their lives on the line for our country, knowing full well it might be a lesser reason that actually takes them from this earth.

And for that reason I believe we need to support or criticize the President's behavior separately from the mission.

I don't know if we need to stay in Afghanistan or not. I don't know the right call.

But I do know it has nothing to do with which man is sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office, because the mission of the United States military is always bigger than the strengths or weaknesses of its imperfect – and sometimes downright incompetent – leaders.

16. Randy Wills says:

I don't know, Robert. I think that I'm going to have to go with Jeff on this one (at least to be consistant with what I was screaming at Obama on the TV a day or two ago).

I would agree with you that there were errors in judgment and bonehead decisions made by egotistical military men and politicians during WWII that likely cost thousands of lives, but my recollection is that there was never any wavering or ambivalence regarding our president's determination to win the war, whatever the cost.

In this case, the obscenity is that I see no bonafide committment on Obama's part to win in Afghanistan – it's all political calculus on his part – so I say, bring the troops home and save them for a time when there is a leader in the WH who is worthy of the lives that are lost on the battlefields of the world. It was political calculus during the campaign when Obama asserted that the war in Afghanistan was the "necessary" war, and his reluctance now to give the military what they claim to need to win that war is also political calculus. Not one good American man or woman in the service should be called on to die for such callous indifference to the lives lost while he calculates his own best interests.

If Obama succeeds with his vow to "fundamentally transform the United States of America", I'm not sure that it deserves the sacrifice that our troops are making anyway.

Randy

We the People are about to get really screwed unless we establish an ignition point.

Obama-Soetoro is going to Copenhagen next month possibly to sign a treaty on global warming.

And he revives talk of U.N. gun control.

I don't know about y'all, but A LOT of people need to make A LOT of noise about what is happening in D.C.! And, this Kenyan and his Chicago thugs need to be removed from office!

The White House needs to be cleaned out!

I can't even get a response from my congressmen!

I have asked them questions.
    Nothing.

I have sent requests on how to vote.
    Nothing.

I have written them about things that really worry me.
    Nothing.

19. Daniel Edd Bland III says:

I was raised on Dr. Dobson, and have just sent him a letter requesting his assistance to help me stop loosing faith in the Christian Church. My Mom respects Dr. Dobson as much or more than any other Christian leader, and she is interested to see his response. I only started learning the truth about the 9/11 attacks last fall. It took me an entire year to convince my own parents to listen to me, and begin reviewing the evidence for themselves. Now that they have thoroughly and objectively taken a fresh look into all the available evidence, they too are now aware of how badly we have been deceived. They now fully support my mission to find out what really happened to 2,993 of our fellow countrymen that fateful September morning. My mom is very interested to see if/how Dr. Dobson will respond. Please read my open letter to Dr. Dobson and share your thoughts at………

Does Christ's Church really stand for TRUTH & JUSTICE? That is the question!

Daniel Edd Bland III

20. SimpleSwine says:

No, Jeff, you are not flip-flopping… neither is the fraud-in-chief… we are all dancing around it, but I am just dumb enough to admit it, HE is the attack from within that bin laden promised back in the early 2000's… no Robert is right, but wrong… mistakes were made in past, true… but obama is not making mistakes… it's about MOTIVE/INTENT… obama WANTS to destroy us.. nothing he has said, nor done, shows any other intent… his actions speak volumes… his choices of who he bows to, who he sides with, and who he attacks verbally… this guy is the worst thing to ever happen to the US… okay, I'd rant more, but I get REAL emotional on this…. just fill in the blanks, and be ready…
    Oh, and he is not acting alone, there are many on both sides of the aisle who have their own treasonous reasons for supporting him…
    Just be ready…
    veri-word redisseu… red is seu- as in seiu, how appropriate

21. ΕΛΛΗΝ VS CHAOS says:

REVELATION NOW! To Ashkenazim Hellenogenes Hebrews: About Sino-Tibetan motivated Nazism.

G.H.REES Second most urgent message of planet security

Jeff said: ". . .the idea of a million-man march in protest to this decision, to take place in New York City. . . . But I doubt anyone in the White House will listen."

The only thing these clowns listen to is voting. And, really, it's more than a little obvious that they are working overtime on that inconvenient truth.

JV

I understand your statements on the war. I do not believe Obama will bring the troops home since he does not want an army here and he wants to continue to demoralize the troops. He does not care what we think since he is obviously intent upon doing what he wants.

If we bring the troops home my concern is this will only encourage the terrorists to commit more acts of violence on our soil since they would be able to focus on us completely. I also believe there will be another act of violence involving innocent people and my guess is it will be around the holidays. We are no longer protected from harm and many of the very agencies that found plots in the past are fighting themselves for their existence. Obama wants it this way since he wants us to be brought to our knees. However, he has underestimated the spirit of the American people and their will to keep freedom alive. He has also underestimated God since this country was founded upon Him and relies upon Him. He will not let this country fall into evil hands as it is the example for all others.

We as citizens need to be diligent and report anything that may seem strange. We must also be of one spirit and unite our prayers for this country. This will do more good than all of the wars and words we could possibly say. Hope this wasn't overly religious. I just feel this is one thing we can all do to help. Thanks Jeff.

Linda Banks

24. Randy Wills says:

To Linda Banks:

"Hope this wasn't overly religious."

Isn't it strange that we should feel obligated to apologize for being "overly religious". Isn't that who the Founders said that the Constitution was designed for and didn't they predict that our democracy would fail if the populace was anything other than "religious" (i.e. self-governed based on God's precepts and principles)?

It is for this reason that I have delayed on writing additional articles for AR; my perspective is that none of the problems with the United States will be solved without a general return to the values based on the Scriptures, and I know from the lack of response to my question "When we talk of returning to a Constitution-based system of government, what are we really talking about?" causes me to assume that too many Conservatives belive that you can remove the key element of the Founder's perspective and still wind up with the government that they envisioned.

In the long run, it won't work. Sad.

Randy

25. suek says:

Actually, it's worse than that. It may even qualify as treasonous.

Read the following:

26. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

I am in agreement with everything you have said here – & I don't consider it flip-flopping, as the circumstances have changed so quickly & so radically.

Randy said: "Not one good American man or woman in the service should be called on to die for such callous indifference to the lives lost while he calculates his own best interests." AMEN!!!

Linda Banks – I agree with you that believers should be praying fervently. Some days that is my only comfort.

Susan

Is this a blog or a thesis forum for professors of philosophy?

28. Randy Wills says:

"Is this a blog or a thesis forum for professors of philosophy".

Actually, I think that it's a forum for expressing one's perspective on current issues and events.

Wherein does my, Linda's, or Susan's comments fail in that respect – other than our comments don't conform to your perspective? Could it be that you're just trying to silence us by intimidation?

To that I would respond "What was good for the Founders is good enough for me", so go back and read their words. If you don't agree with their perspective, then find another group of Founders and another Constitution to implement in the U.S. Just don't try to "restore" something while leaving out its foundational truths.

Randy

29. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Anonymous said…

Is this a blog or a thesis forum for professors of philosophy?

I'd like it to be a little of both.

Why does a "blog" have to be red meat, all the time? Why not allow folks to actually learn something?

but if we leave Afghanistan who is going to protect the opium fields?

31. Jan says:

Randy – I love your posts because you sum up what is already in my own mind.

The founders understood God's laws hence the heavy reliance on them. Scriptures tell us that things will get much worse because people will turn away from these truths. We are seeing just that. The foundation is being destroyed. Have you ever seen a house stand on a destroyed foundation?

That does not mean that I won't stand up against evil plans though. I just continue to pray that others see the truth so that true change can happen.

Their have been more than 2 terrorist attacks on American soil since 9/11. The government just gets away with labeling them "lone crazed gunman" who all happen to be muslim. Here's a list of terror attacks and honor killings since 9/11.

3/19/2002 USA Tuscon, AZ 1/0 A 60-year-old man is gunned down by Muslim snipers on a golf course.
    5/27/2002 USA Denton, TX 1/0 Muslim snipers kill a man as he works in his yard.
    7/4/2002 USA Los Angeles, CA 2/0 Muslim man pulls out a gun at the counter of an Israeli airline and kills two people.
    9/5/2002 USA Clinton, MD 1/0 A 55-year-old pizzaria owner is shot six times in the back by Muslims at close range.
    9/21/2002 USA Montgomery, AL 1/1 Muslim snipers shoot two women, killing one.
    9/23/2002 USA Baton Rouge, LA 1/0 A Korean mother is shot in the back by Muslim snipers.
    10/2/2002 USA Wheaton, MD 1/0 Muslim snipers gun down a program analyst in a store parking lot.
    10/3/2002 USA Montgomery County, MD 5/0 Muslim snipers kill three men and two women in separate attacks over a 15-hour period.
    10/9/2002 USA Manassas, VA 1/1 A man is killed by Muslim snipers while pumping gas two days after a 13-year-old is wounded by the same team.
    10/11/2002 USA Fredericksburg, VA 1/0 Another man is killed by Muslim snipers while pumping gas.
    10/14/2002 USA Arlington, VA 1/0 A woman is killed by Muslim snipers in a Home Depot parking lot.
    10/22/2002 USA Aspen Hill, MD 1/0 A bus driver is killed by Muslim snipers.
    8/6/2003 USA Houston, TX 1/0 After undergoing a religious revival, a Saudi college student slashes the throat of a Jewish student with a 4″ butterfly knife, nearly decapitating the young man.
    12/2/2003 USA Chicago, IL 1/0 A Muslim doctor deliberately allows a Jewish patient to die from an easily treatable condition.
    4/13/2004 USA Raleigh, NC 1/4 A Muslim man runs down five strangers with a car.
    4/15/2004 USA Scottsville, NY 1/2 In an honor killing, a Muslim father kills his wife and attacks his two daughters with a knife and hammer because he feared that they had been sexually molested.
    6/16/2006 USA Baltimore, MD 1/0 A 62-year-old Jewish moviegoer is shot to death by a Muslim gunman in an unprovoked terror attack.
    6/25/2006 USA Denver, CO 1/5 Saying that it was ‘Allah’s choice’, a Muslim shoots four of his co-workers and a police officer.
    7/28/2006 USA Seattle, WA 1/5 An ‘angry’ Muslim-American uses a young girl as hostage to enter a local Jewish center, where he shoots six women, one of whom dies.
    10/6/2006 USA Louisville, KY 4/1 In an ‘honor’ attack, a Muslim man rapes and beats his estranged wife, leaving her for dead, then savagely murders their four children.
    2/13/2007 USA Salt Lake City, UT 5/4 A Muslim immigrant goes on a shooting rampage at a mall, targeting people buying Valentine’s Day cards at a gift shop and killing five.
    1/1/2008 USA Irving, TX 2/0 A Muslim immigrant shoots his two daughters to death on concerns about their ‘Western’ lifestyle.
    7/6/2008 USA Jonesboro, GA 1/0 A devout Muslim strangles his 25-year-old daughter in an honor killing.
    2/12/2009 USA Buffalo, NY 1/0 The founder of a Muslim TV station beheads his wife in the hallway for seeking a divorce.
    6/1/2009 USA Little Rock, AR 1/1 A Muslim with ‘religious motives’ shoots a local soldier to death inside a recruiting center.
    11/2/2009 USA Glendale, AZ 1/1 A woman dies from injuries suffered when her father runs her down with a car for being too ‘Westernized.’ (10-20-09)
    11/5/2009 USA Ft. Hood, TX 13/31 A Muslim psychiatrist guns down thirteen unarmed soldiers while yelling praises to Allah.

But remember we are not at war and we must respect islam, obambi commands it.

33. Randy Wills says:

Thanks, Jan (and Lily).

I'm always encouraged to know that there are others who share the perspective that our problem is not fundamentally political but rather spiritual. Our political problems are just a manefestation of the spiritual component of humanity gone awry.

I'll be back with another article from that perspective soon. Some will object, but, as long as Jeff allows me the privilege of contributing to AR, I'll put forth truth as I see it.

Randy

Oh nuts. I did it again. I hate getting old.

Anyway, my apologies to Lilly for misspelling her name.

Randy

35. GATOR-1 says:

Wow! Jeff I have been reading here long enough to know that you were more pissed off when you wrote this article than ever before.

And I certainly dont want to add salt to your wounds but you did miss one very important point.

NOT EVEN OUR OWN Servicemen and women are given the full rights of our Justice system. We are held accountable under the UCMJ and then possibly even the civilian courts….double jeopardy as they say.

Susan, fret not Dear….Prayer is my only solace EVERY DAY these days.

One thing we must all remember though if I may para-phrase the Bible….

"A man can show no greater love than to lay down his life for his friends"

It does not say for his country nor even for his family simply for his friends.

That has always been one of my favorite verses because that is what Soldiers do.

My job was to keep Capt. Jones, Sgt. Smith and Private Green along with myself alive… period.

Our Soldiers have always fought this way, it does not matter the country we are in, what the war itself may be about or who the heck is in the oval office.

Soldiers become "friends" and fight as such no matter where or when or why.

I can not agree with just abandoning the mission because we have an ass in the White House, eligible or not. It isnt the American way, never has been. And hopefully never will be.

I do agree that too many pissed off soldiers here at home would be a big problem for Barry and keeping them deployed helps him to play his hand in this game he is playing with our Country.

But cutting and running would be worse for us and those that we are helping in the long run.

I have also given much thought to the idea of a single soldier having "standing" to challenge his orders, and sadly enough I have come to the conclusion that they DO NOT….

My orders were signed by my Brigade General and the General over my state's National Guard. Not by Barry!

Part of the oath we took was to "Obey the orders of those appointed over me"

I have no issues with the legitimacy of my General nor of his Commander, the oath I took says I must obey them unless I feel they are unlawful orders.

Since I have no doubts about my immediate Commanders I must follow those orders.I have no right to question who gave "them" the orders to order me, or whether they are lawful or not.

Mine are lawful orders as far as I am concerned and I have taken an oath to follow them. So I must without question.

However, with that said… somewhere UP the chain of command someone is being given "unlawful" orders by the way of the person giving them not being eligible to give them in the first place.

Until such a time that those at the top begin to see those orders as unlawful, Soldiers are going to (and rightfully so) continue to lay down their lives for their friends, following the lawful orders given them by their immediate commanders.

I dont want to seem crude, rude or disrespectful, but when I am in battle I do not have time to care about you or even my own family back home. I only have the time and the duty to care about those Soldiers/Friends around me.

Dont get me wrong Patriots, I am as pissed off as anyone of you.

That I can PROMISE!

Prayer IS my only Solace in these dire times. I do however still have the faith that with the Power of God and the Love that all of us here show, along with that of many others that our Republic WILL stand.

BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU PATRIOTS