Fish Or Cut Bait, Mr. President

Assigned Reading: Paratrooper’s Mom Begs Obama: ‘End It’
(FROM: TheBostonChannel.com)

Bring them home, or end it. That’s what one grieving Army mother in New England asked of the president yesterday, with regard to the war in Afghanistan. And I agree with her.

We have the single-greatest fighting force in the world, both in size and in capability. President Barack Obama needs to quit playing politics and either unleash the hounds and allow for the complete obliteration of our enemy, or just bring every single one of them home to their families. That he has waited for months without a decision after being asked for reinforcements by the commanders on the ground he promised to listen to, only to reject each and every one of the four options given to him this week just shows this president’s extreme lack of experience and total disdain for the military.

Do it right, or don’t do it at all. I said the same thing about President George W. Bush before he adopted the “surge” proposed and asked for by Gen. David Petraeus. I say the same thing to President Obama.

Either we’re going to fight this war–as a war–or we’re not. It’s not an Overseas Contingency Operation. It’s not a skirmish. It’s a war. American soldiers are being killed. American families are being devastated. And for what? So this president can measure daily his political capital and dwindling poll numbers and wait for the proper time, politically, to make any decision at all? It’s like he’s Jimmy Carter, but without even Carter’s scant testicular fortitude.

Comments

1. DigitalMan says:

Sorry if this sounds stupid but wouldnt bringing the troops home and ending the war be the same thing?

Ha Ha, scant testicular fortitude!

I have a girlfriend who says her ex-husband's testiculars are kept in his mother's purse.

I wonder where BO's testiculars are kept, in Pelosi's purse? if they exist at all?

mmm

3. Boston Blackie says:

Denise Sherman, I am sorry for the loss of your son, Ben, a true American hero. We are losing more and more each day while Obamama sticks his finger in the wind before every decision. Mrs Sherman said what everyone is wishing they had the platform to say to this Jimmy Carter-Lite(never thought I would say that about anyone until now) – "Hey Obumbles, s#*t or get off the pot"

Ah, interesting!

Pamela Geller has written a column called, "It Isn't Political Correctness, It's Shariah" in which she states:

"I have watched in abject horror the stunning reaction of elites in this country to this act of war. The denial, the submission, the excuses, the dodging, the self-flagellation, the shame, the deceiving of the American people by the media, the military, society, law enforcement, authorities and politicians, all the way up to and including the White House, amounts to the enforcement of Shariah law."

Then she said, "Shariah law forbids criticism of Islam. And, here we are."

She was referring to the massacre at Fort Hood, but she could just as well have been talking about the massacres of our troops — and about the troops from other countries — in Afghanistan.

It does appear that the Resident-in-Chief is stalling any peril against anybody of Muslim faith, doesn't it?! I have thought for weeks that, if Obama/Soetoro does send the troops that Gen. McChrystal requested, Obama/Soetoro is unquestionably giving the Taliban and/or al Quaida sufficient time to either move away or reinforce themselves.

This regime is a sorry, rotten, corrupt bunch of animals!

If a soldier behaves cowardly, jeopardizes the lives of his soldiers or causes unnecessary loss of property, he goes under tribunal or, worse comes to worst, is court martialed. I wonder if similar procedure applies to the top commander – and if the current military brass is incapable of bringing charges, perhaps the next crop might.

Rix–
    I get your drift. That's an idea!

7. Jack Ott says:

If I were a plumber and was asked to make a decision regarding brain surgery, I would put it off as long as possible, too. This scenario is not at all different from expecting Obama to make a decision regarding military issues. When the rubber hits the road, you shouldn't send in a rank amateur to solve a problem. You trust your experts, in this case, the generals. But then, this assumes that the amateur has a measure of respect for the experts. Therein lies the real difference between a President Bush and a President Obama.

If I was a plumber and was asked to do brain surgery I would vote "PRESENT" and get the h e double toohpicks out of there.
    Oh, wait, did we expect anything different from Barry?

9. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

"Do it right, or don't do it at all." This was one of my Daddy's favorite expressions. I agree totally with you on this.

My Senator, Russ Feingold is trying to influence Obama in this same direction. Unfortunately, the ones pulling The One's strings intend to cripple our military, I'm afraid.

Susan