Those Darned GOP Sexists…

Assigned Reading: The GOP’s Women Problem
(FROM: Politico)

Oh, the humanity! Oh, I cannot bear to look!

Ohmigosh, if the GOP becomes a political vehicle for conservatism, right-thinking women who would otherwise have a bright political future will instead be rendered barefoot baby-making machines, destined for a life of dishwashing and pants-pressing, because there’s no room in the conservative boys’ club for the ladies.

Oh, please. Save it.

When I saw the headline for the Politico piece, part of me wondered if it was going to be another story about long walks on the proverbial Appalachian Trail. Instead, Meredith Shiner and Glenn Thrush at Politico are suggesting that the rightward tack of the GOP is leaving moderate women out of the loop, causing a gender gap of sorts in the formerly Grand Ole’ Party.

I beg to differ. When I look at conservative women inside and outside of the halls of Capitol Hill, I see something completely different. On the hill, there are women like Michele Bachmann and Cathy McMorris-Rodgers and Cynthia Lummis. Outside the beltway but certainly entrenched in politics I see women like Sarah Palin and Elizabeth Dole. On television, on the Internet and otherwise involved in the debate you’ll find brilliant women like Liz Cheney, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Dana Perino, S.E. Cupp, Andrea Tantaros, Amanda Carpenter, Laura Ingraham, Pamela Geller and so many, many more.

Furthermore, we’re beginning to see groups of conservative women like those at Smart Girl Politics and As A Mom pop up thanks to the age and rise of New Media. So, when the folks at Politico suggest that “the events of the last week offer harbingers of serious trouble ahead with the largest swing voter bloc in the country — women,” please do me and conservative women from coast to coast a favor and dismiss it as another mindless attempt to fracture a party which is growing stronger and more conservative with each passing day.

What folks on the left and in the left’s press never seem to understand is that those of us on the American political right don’t look at things and at people in terms of race, religion, gender, or any other superficial matter or classification. If you’re talented, you’re talented. If you’re principled, you’re principled. It’s the left which is obsessed with race. It’s the left which is encumbered by political correctness, and in turn burdens us all. On the right, you succeed or fail on your merits, plain and simple.

That’s all. Next week, perhaps the story from Shiner and Thrush will detail how conservatism is especially bad for those people with dander allergies.

Comments

It's all about emotions. The article wants us to believe that women are emotional about things. We are–but not about "things."

We are emotional when some leftist S.O.B. tries to usurp our freedom, raise taxes, use the force of an explosion to expand our already unsustainable national debt, and generally cram liberalism down our throats.

We don't get just emotional–we get (Susan's word) "feisty!" –and we get on the phone, on the bus to D.C., on the Internet, or write snail mail letters.

I think somebody just ran out of something to write about and decided that women would be a good target.

Jeff, I agree–Oh, pleeease!

3. Lilly says:

Another great new group of women is As A Mom!! http://asamom.ning.com/
    I was going to mention that the Conservative women seem to be better looking and take care of themselves and the libs, not so much. But that picture from Annonymous 4:59 shows it perfectly!

LOL, word verif = boynchic

4. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Lilly — thank you for reminding me. I've had this piece in the can since this morning, and thought about adding As A Mom throughout the day, but forgot.

I'm generally not one to change things once something is posted, but I'm going to add them now.

Thank you.

Politico, the TMZ of political journalism, doing what they do best.

Is it just me or do they sound like jealous high school girls? Conservative women rock!!!

This is off subject but with tomorrow being Veterans Day everyone should read this. I wish this guy was my Sheriff!!!

Sally

7. Jan says:

When there are so many issues to report on with our current administraton you have to cut these lunatics a little slack. They have to start making this stuff up because they really lack anything of real substance.

Gail – I love your posts! I stopped being 'feisty' a long time ago. I have a very righteous anger right now and plan to continue such until truth wins out.

Even if we are not some commercially identifiable group, there are millions of women who refuse to be labeled. We are independent enough to be able to rationally determine our own courses of action, and we damn sure don't give in to emotional, irrational rhetoric. The liberals, wherever they are, better reconsider when they try to pigeon-hole women…or men, for that matter. We're alot smarter today than we were on Election Day 2008.

9. Celia in TX says:

Please check out my friend's video and original song entitles "Right Women Rock"; it goes right in with this topic.

Celia, thanks for the link. I loved the video!

Sally

The picture of ladies of the right vs the left is priceless and pretty much says it all. If only women stopped voting for haircuts, toned arms and tight abs…

12. LET'S FACE IT says: