A History of ‘Frightening Insensitivity’

You know what? I’m not done with the president. Not yet. Not on this.

I was done, at least for now. I was ready to move on, to let Barack Obama’s disdain for the military speak for itself. But then I read that the president is, just today, delaying a health care-related trip to Capitol Hill and visiting wounded troops at Walter Reed Medical Center for the first time as Commander In Chief.

Being completely and utterly incapable and unwilling to show any modicum of respect or compassion toward those who lost their lives and were injured yesterday was enough to make me angry. Using our wounded combat veterans as politically convenient objects of feigned compassion, however, just pisses me off.

Sure, according to the White House, the trip to Walter Reed had been scheduled before the shootings occurred. I don’t buy it. Not for one fleeting instant. This president and this administration have had no problem looking straight into the eyes of the American people and lying about a wealth of matters before, whether it be the contents of health care reform legislation, the intention to investigate intelligence officials, or just the endless amount of campaign promises broken — why should they stop now?

Because of what the NBC affiliate in the president’s home town of Chicago called his “frightening insensitivity,” White House officials feel as though they need damage control. Taking a page from the staged photo-op at Dover Air Force Base put together as damage control after the president’s refusal to listen to his commanders on the ground—another promise broken—and send needed reinforcements to Afghanistan was juxtaposed in the newspapers next to accounts of more than a dozen soldiers killed in a single day, Axelrod and his crew responded to yesterday’s startling display of ambivalence toward dead troops at home by scheduling face time with more servicemen and servicewomen.

Why should we believe that the president’s decision to visit troops today, of all days, as he was otherwise prepared to go to the mattresses on Capitol Hill for a crucial vote on his signature legislation, is anything but an effort at assuaging those like myself who point out his obvious disdain for the military? The benefit of the doubt, friends and neighbors, requires the very thing Barack Obama lacks most – credibility.

Time and time again, after all, Barack Obama has proven to be insensitive at best to military personnel both active and retired.

And that’s just a start, just a portion of specific actions or events which doesn’t even touch upon the harder-to-measure comfort which Barack Obama has brought to our enemies by apologizing for America and blaming America and Americans with every big foreign policy speech, whether he was addressing dictators at the United Nations or the entire Muslim world in Cairo.

This man simply does not like the military. He’s uncomfortable with the thought of victory, unable to recognize that evil cannot be talked into goodness. He looks at America as an oppressor, and the American military as its tools of oppression. So, when the president prefers to talk for two minutes about an Indian conference he had attended, when he decided to give shout-outs to Joe Medicine Crow before even acknowledging the men and women who lost their lives or were injured by a radical Muslim on American soil, let’s get our facts straight: It’s not an isolated incident. It’s not a TelePrompTer malfunction. It is, plain and simple, the blunt manifestation of Barack Hussein Obama’s inherent disdain for the United States Military.

Don’t agree? Find me something–anything–which shows him going out of his way to support our troops. Find me a third-person account–and I’ll accept hearsay–of him visiting troops or comforting families without a camera present or a reporter feet away. Show me that he does NOT fundamentally dislike and distrust the military. Barack Obama has lost the benefit of the doubt.

Comments

1. Chuck in San Diego says:

A bit off topic, but has anyone seen Alan Keyes commentary on WND today?

It's a interesting view on how the GOP has slid into a state "moderatism", thus making the Democratic party appear to have achieved more than it actually has comparison.

2. Lilly says:

Amen! He "may" have planned the Vet Hospital visit ahead of time, but it would have been to push for the health care take over. Not as a C&C but as a campaigner. Now he can act concerned & still push the takeover! He'll address Congress a little closer to the voting time.

3. Blad_Rnr says:

Spot on, Jeff!

4. momathome says:

Open disdain is bad enough but this man doesn't just dislike the US Military – I believe that he actively wants to cause them harm! The MSM DID NOT do their job and properly investigate him during the campaign and now Americans are literally paying with their lives for the lack of oversight-it's not just the birth certificate….it is the school records, the foreign trips, the radical associations, his well orchestrated rise to the top without any real credentials. Who is behind this man and what is driving them? Wake up, America!

5. Boston Blackie says:

I've said it before and I will say it again and again. This is what happens when candidate Obamama is not vetted by the lame stream media and IS judged by the color of his skin, not by the content of his character. Walter Reed, are you f'ing kidding me, the victims are in Texas but he would never go to Ft. Hood because he wouldn't know what to do or say. Mark my words, before the weekend is over, he will be asking us for calm by not judging the muslims because of this "episode". We will show more sympathy for the terrorist that thankfully survived(so we can kill him!!) than he will for the extended victims nationwide.

And I'll say, to your shock and awe, that our military deserves to be mistreated so. Just like CIA, they lack the balls to oppose Obama's politically driven agenda that has clearly nothing to do with America's best interests. They should do exactly what Honduran people did: depose the usurper unless he unambiguously affirms his qualifications and upholds his oath to support the Constitution.

7. Boston Blackie says:

Correction from above, meant to say he not we will show more sympathy for that terrorist.

8. Boston Blackie says:

Rix, We are not quite a banana republic yet. Our great servicemen and women take an oath to follow directions from the commander in chief. We MUST depose the usurper not the military.

Obama’s mask fell off yesterday and we got an up close view of how ugly he really is! He would not/could not stop talking about the Native American conference and his promise to right the wrongs of the “first Americans”. This was pathological. He was visibly annoyed to have to give up his chance to talk about past American transgressions and instead be required to speak about what happened in Fort Hood. He knew it was being carried live by all station, yet could not even muster up any fake emotion for the cameras. Again, he has serious mental issues that should be investigated. He is a like a criminal who is unable to stop actions that will obviously lead to arrest – a pathological sociopath!

10. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

Now he's saying we "shouldn't jump to any conclusions" about the murderer – I am literally nauseous.

I've suggested before that he is purposely undermining our military & I think his recent words & actions underline this.

Boston Blackie – I had a similar thought – would he have the backbone to go to Ft. Hood??? Apparently Walter Reed is good enough for propaganda purposes.

Susan

Obama/Soetoro has a bunch of nitwits advising him.

OR

Obama/Soetoro cannot find a piece of ground upon which to stand: He wants the government to be overthrown by Marxism, but he wants us to keep our eyes and mouths shut in the process!

Either way, he has to get control over our lives before he is either declared an invalid president, assassinated, or run out of office on a rail.

Somehow, I just don't feel it in my bones that he will be there for another three full years, and I don't think he does, either.

Right on, Jeff.

Obama's arrogance is stunning, but if you look at those with whom he surrounds himself, now and all his life, it's not surprising. There's not ONE SINGLE PATRIOT among them.

This does not bode well for recovering the United States through the normal political process. Obama and his henchmen act as if they know that the "fix" is in, and the attitude of the common citizen towards his administration makes no difference whatsoever in the outcome.

It looks like the underlying methodology is the implementation of the Cloward-Piven strategy at all levels of government. It could well be that the set-up for the financial meltdown by means of the sub-prime mortgage market collapse, pushed by the Barney Frank-engineered Community Reinvestment Act, was just one facet of the Cloward-Pivens strategy.

I am totally convinced that the goal is to bring about the total collapse of the U.S. economy. Everthing else is window dressing to buy time. Even Warren Buffet is converting monetary instruments to hard assets, like Burlington-Northern and Soros is betting big against the U.S. dollar.

Randy

13. Randy Wills says:

Oops. I sent my last comment without filling in the "Name/URL".

It should have read "Randy Wills".

Sorry.

Randy

14. Claudia says:

Obama not only disdains our Military, HE HATES AMERICA, THE MILITARY and everything this country stands for and he actively want to see it END in every sense of the words. He wants to rip our COnstitution to shreds and he is doing everything he can too get that done as quickly as possible and under the radar so that we don't know what is happening until it is too late, and he is pushing this crisis or that crisis or some other problem at us in the guise of bewildering us until he gets the way to push past us all those Bills and measures that will totally take our Country away…. WAKE UP AMERICA.

WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO STOP ALL OF THIS, TO NO AVAIL, now is the time to start acting….. or tomorrow we will have only a memory of what America really was.

Boston Blackie@1:17PM:

> Rix, We are not quite a banana republic yet. Our great servicemen
    > and women take an oath to follow directions from the commander in
    > chief. We MUST depose the usurper not the military.

Last time I checked, our military personnel take an oath to "uphold and protect the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic". Considering that Obama steadfastly refuses to present his constitutional qualifications to be the President and the Commander-in-Chief, I'd say it is about time top military and CIA brass showed more testicular fortitude.

I second EVERYBODY'S anger!

Boston Gal–
    Excellent point about his not visiting Fort Hood! The visit to Walter Reed Hospital was a pitch for healthcare, not sympathy for our wounded military. He has missed opportunities many times to show his concern. He'd rather play basketball.

Still a Patriot–
    Nausea is spreading from up there to down here! I just hope that it gets to everyone in between!

17. SallyW says:

Fort Hood triggerman aided team on Homeland Security task force: http://bit.ly/3oob0l

I wondered, while I was waiting to watch this faux prez open his mouth and do his rock star, if when he heard the news he turned to one of his flunkies and asked, "Ft. Hood? Quick! Where is that??"
    His inexperience and hate for this country and it's Founding Fathers screams for the country's attention.

Oh, and don't be surprised if Eric Holder dismisses any charges against this monster, simply because he was an distraught soldier. Or something equally as horrific. Shooter will be hailed as a hero at the WH along with Black Panthers.

Rix, I completely disagree with your criticism of our troops and our CIA. Some honorable people actually carry out the oath they take when they take their positions. It's not about balls, it's about integrity and honoring the positions they've committed to uphold.
    So, what are YOU doing to fight the forces of evil… with balls?
    We are American's, not Hondurans.

We WILL get our country back. I will not lose hope. I just pray there are no more casualties. The American Revolution II is in motion.

You are right in your assessment of Obama. He cold and calculating and he was put in the office of President to do his job – to destroy a nation whom he believes has done so little and taken so much from others. This man is sick and the only control exerted upon him is from his staff. They keep him on a leash, but I believe one day someone will fire many questions at him he cannot or does not want to answer and he will crack. Obama's background has been muslim even though he claims he is a christian. His actions speack for themselves. He was listed as muslim in his school in Indonesia so when did he renounce it. The church he attended all his life is not christian, it is black militantistic and closely aligned in thinking with the muslims. His associations with Louis Farrakhan are also well documented along with many other muslim business men and leaders. You have to do your homework on a candidate and we are seeing how little America knew/knows about the people they elect. I also believe Obama is intent upon moving this country to economic disaster aided by George Soros who also hates this country, but loves planning games with others and their lives more. I hope and pray we will have the ability to vote him and his cronies out of office, but I also think he will drop any pretense and just take over this country next year.

Sally W–
    Rix is making us think! He's been in sh** before; he recognizes what he's seeing; he's getting us to think outside the box.

20. Michele says:

You are so right Jeff. I trusted Obama for about 5 mins during the elections. Red flags started popping up when the MSM was fawning all over him. That's when I started my research.

It's obvious he has an axe to grind w/ America and he wants to dismantle it piece by piece.

When he started his speech last night, he didn't even have a concerned look on his face. I don't think he's human.

This Muslim that killed our service men & women (and 1 civilian) has no respect for the US either. He only used the military to get an education (in which I heard yesterday would have cost him almost a 1/2 million dollars). What a disgrace. These people need to be vetted to protect the other service men & women.

As soon as he started fighting to keep from be deployed, they should have locked him up until he paid back every bit of his education cost.

And on top of that he's a psychologist? I had a next door neighbor that is a guidance counselor for high school students and he stayed sooo drunk that he would fall out of his wheelchair. He couldn't even handle his own problems.

I'm sick of all this mess!

21. Dee says:

I honestly think BO is in way over his head. I don't think he had a clue or even now has a clue what a President is supposed to do. I get the impression that he thought he could delegate almost all the things a President has to do and that is why he appointed all the czars. He thought he could sit back and enjoy the perks, take the credit while everyone else does the work. He wants to be liked and admired by all and therefore cannot make tough decisions.
    I agree that he not only does not respect the military but has no respect or love for the country he was elected to represent.
    Hopefully, our country will survive until the next presidential election and all those opposed to him will get out to vote. It will be imperative that we vote and do not expect someone else to do it for us.

22. Boston Blackie says:

Do not be surprised if the healthcare vote takes place this weekend while the domestic terrorist attack is still front and center – just the way they like it, keep it under the radar. Obamama has said previously that he doesn't care if he is a one term president as long as he gets his agenda through congress. When told of the attack yesterday while meeting at the WB with an African leader, he just continued with his meeting. Let's see how the lame stream media plays that after berating W for how he handled the 9/11 attack while at an elementary school.
    Obamama is just the puppet, until the country wakes up and pulls back the curtain to see who is pulling the strings, this will continue. They are the bomb making 60's radicals who have showered, shaved and put on a suit to blend in, but their ideas to overthrow our country haven't changed. They are just now doing it from within which is much easier for them.

Obambi will only go to Ft Hood if he finds out their is some elite, exclusive restaurant for him and Michelle to visit in the area while flying around the country.

To go for the troops, nope, not gonna do it.

Just keep letting him go on TV and talk, the more he does the more he loses. Every time he goes on TV more people wake up and realize something is wrong with him.

Maybe we need those glasses they had in the movie "They Live" to truly see him for what he is.

and if you know the movie, "I am all out of Bubble gum".

Don't jump to conclusions about a Muslim committing violence on our troops on our own soil, who shouted "Allahu Akbar" while killing, whose internet postings have been monitored for the past 6 months by the FBI, who made past statements about how Muslims should not fight other Muslims (thus his objection to being deployed), who gave a speech about how non-believers (non-Muslims) should be decapitated and have oil poured down their throats and set on fire, who gave away all his possessions before his killing spree and thus had no intention of surviving (or at the very least no hope of getting away with it). No, THE ONE says we shouldn't jump to conclusions about all of that… but when HE hears one report on the news about a white police officer arresting Obama's black professor pal, Obama immediately goes out and slanders the police without gathering all the facts first. Do as I say, not as I do, eh Obama? He's probably ticked off that Ft. Hood is going to set back all his apologizing to the Muslim world, since America is going to get pissed and it will pretty much undo all the "progress" he made with his speeches and bowing-to-kings.

25. California Mom says:

Jeff~

You've given us some great examples of how Obama has complete and utter disdain for the military. I don't know why, but I'm still in shock about how cold of a response he gave yesterday about the shooting. He seriously needs some acting lessons, because it appeared to me that instead of being "horrified", he almost looked as though he was fighting a smile. What a piece of sh#*!! He makes me sick!!! I want to scream at every one of my friends, who I know voted for him and every person I see on the road with and Obama sticker on their car!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! YOU SCREWED US ALL!!!

my parallelism
    the white house is like a kinder for this guy, in order words is the same as to put a 6 yrs old to attend classes at an university

27. Lilly says:

Dee-
    I agree with you completely.
    He will go to the memorial service in TX. He has to to make up for his non-emotional response and his don't jump to conclusions comments. Don't be surprised to see a tear or 2 from him or his wife while there. Perfect photo op. This whole thing has me so p*ssed off. I feel so sorry for the families and the victims. I can tell you that there are some military people that do not trust BO, but they really can't say it publicly, yet.
    verification word = tratr

28. INSENSITIVE TO JOB CREATION ALSO says:

WASHINGTON – The unemployment rate has hit double digits for the first time since 1983 — and is likely to go higher. The 10.2 percent jobless rate for October shows how weak the economy remains even though it is growing. The rising jobless rate could threaten the recovery if it saps consumers' confidence and makes them more cautious about spending as the holiday season approaches.

The October unemployment rate — reflecting nearly 16 million jobless people — jumped from 9.8 percent in September, the Labor Department said Friday. The job losses occurred across most industries, from manufacturing and construction to retail and financial.

Economists say the unemployment rate could surpass 10.5 percent next year because employers are reluctant to hire

29. Walt says:

Some day I will wake up and find that Obama and his cronies will have disbanded the military and replaced them with the Elite Republic Guard. Are we reaching the road of impasse??? God help us one and all.

A retired military veteran.

Hey Jeff, off topic, but did you see this?

31. William A. Rose says:

I'm a veteran. Gulf War era. You have all said everything I have thought about Obama. The only thing left out (or I didn't see) is that his wife also hates America.

This thing at Fort Hood is, in my opinion, just a harbinger of bigger and better things to come.

I am a Christian and believe bible prophecy. Obama is just doing what needs to be done to bring the world a littel closer to the End.

Blood is going to flow. Soon. We still have a very "cushy" life and standard of living here in America. It will pass. And then at least some of the sleeping Americans will wake up. Of course, it will be too late. I think it is already too late.

Obama is just a puppet. He will serve his purpose and then go away. Unless he is more than he appears to be. I wonder about that. Yes, I am wondering if he might be The Antichrist. If he is not, he is certainly an antichrist.

Ok, I'm getting down off my soapbox.

BO is a Dipsh!t, Dooshe bag, Duma$$ and I'm only up to the D's….

Our military takes an Oath to the Constitution.

To find out more visit.

Thanks for the space to vent! You have almost twice the comments in this one ("Part B) than you did in "Part A."

Seems you're not the only one pissed over this Chicago smooth-talking thug!

Catch y'all tomorrow. Going to Sarah's after the meeting.

34. LT DAN says:

California Mom, bottle that anger, our platoon is going to thrive on it.

William A. Rose, thank you for your service, and your opinion. Onward Christian Soldiers!

Rix:
    our military deserves to be mistreated so. Just like CIA, they lack the balls to oppose Obama's politically driven agenda… They should do exactly what Honduran people did: depose the usurper…

How do you propose that should be done? At what level of command would that be done? Since this is "not yet a banana republic," one would have to begin by convincing the Joint Chiefs. Which I think anyone here would be forced to call unlikely.

graypanther

Susan –
    Senator Cornyn also said we "shouldn't jump to any conclusions" and his credentials, one suspects, are harder to argue with. The plain truth is that no political stakeholder wants to touch the implications of this episode with a 10 foot pole. How many Muslims are there in the United States military?

graypanther

38. carder says:

I'm going to try to answer your challenge:

When Obama gave orders to take out the Somali pirates.

Does that count?

graypanther:

> How do you propose that should be done? At what level of command would
    > that be done? Since this is "not yet a banana republic," one would
    > have to begin by convincing the Joint Chiefs. Which I think anyone
    > here would be forced to call unlikely.

It is unlikely, yes, because our top military brass, excluding precious few, are more concerned with their careers and retirement packages than service. Having their hands tied by myriads of politically correct regulations, restrictions and directives while soldiers die in battle is alone a reason enough to send the papers in. And, once they remove the uniform, they are free to tell the public what they think of this "President", and I really won't mind if they use "military" language.

Obama will probably want to have a beer in the Rose Garden with the Ft Hood muslim terrorist.

WWSPD – What would Sarah Palin do?

I know how she would have handled this.

All my liberal friends joked about the thought of Palin as President. Think about how different the last 10 months would have been with her at the helm. I could be sleeping at night instead of having emergency bags packed for when all hell breaks loose.

Carter said:
    "when Carter gave orders to take out the Somali pirates"

nope, don't count. He never ordered them to be shot, that is why he sent his FBI lackeys to control the scene because he didn't trust the military to follow his orders. He wanted a disney ending with hugs, not a show of American strength or force. The ships captain gave the order and if things had gone badly he would have been the fall guy. As it was obama did what he does best, take the credit for other peoples work.

Is it beyond reason to think that Sarah Palin should go to Walter Reed Medical Center to visit wounded troops??? There would be warm heartfelt compassion for those that are hurting.
    You can't get blood from a stone…and BO is a stone, set hard against our military.

Jeff have you seen this news story yet. When obambi screws up, he screws up big.

Obama Gives Shout Out to 'Congressional Medal of Honor Winner' Who Isn't

By Mike Bates
    November 6, 2009 – 01:18 ET

The Washington Post this afternoon reported "President Obama delivers remarks on Ft. Hood shooting at end of tribal leaders conference." The transcript begins:

SPEAKER: PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

[*] OBAMA: Please, everybody, have a seat. Let me first of all just thank Ken and the entire Department of the Interior staff for organizing just an extraordinary conference.

I want to thank my Cabinet members and senior administration officials who participated today. I hear that Dr. Joe Medicine Crow (ph) was around, and so I want to give a shout out to that Congressional Medal of Honor winner. It's good to see you.

Ah, the dangers of giving shout outs without a teleprompter. Crow is not a Medal of Honor recipient. As noted by the Congressional Medal of Honor Society:

The Medal of Honor is the highest award for valor in action against an enemy force which can be bestowed upon an individual serving in the Armed Services of the United States. Generally presented to its recipient by the President of the United States of America in the name of Congress, it is often called the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Crow's name is not included on the Society's Medal of Honor recipient list. He was, however, awarded the Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, in August.

Obama, often described as "cerebral" by the mainstream media, should know the difference between the Medal of Honor and the Medal of Freedom, especially since he personally awarded the latter to Crow. Don't expect his blunder to receive wide coverage. It's not something he can blame George Bush for.

Jeff, think the media is mad enough about his remarks to actually call him out on this? probably not. Just like when he said thousands died in that tornado or flood and it was just a couple of people. But this mistake, cmon he gave the guy the medal. what a jackass.

45. NUMERO UNO DUFUS says:

11:48, ha ha, you'd expect someone who undeservedly received the Nobel Peace Prize to be a little fuzzy on commendations.