Conservatives, the GOP, and Fire

For most of human history, fire has been the greatest source of energy. That energy can lead to production or to destruction. The difference? Control.

Red Hot Anger

A widespread conservative backlash has been slowly gaining steam since the latter years of George W. Bush’s administration. Sure, conservatives are angry about what Obama and his radical academic pals are trying to do to this country. Sure, we’re mad that the mainstream media was more interested in fluffing his pillows than doing their job and reporting the truth. And, certainly, we’re mad at the strides Pelosi and Reid have taken in the House and Senate to endanger our fiscal future and constrain our personal liberties.

But more than any of that, conservatives are furious with the GOP. We resent that they began turning their backs on the principle of limited, transparent, accountable government almost as soon as they won a majority back in 1994. We are frustrated that they insist on running weak, “moderate” candidates as though the New York Times was really a good source of political strategy.

The anger that has been simmering below the surface has started to boil over in unpredictable ways. We’ve got tea parties and town halls and Glenn Beck and Doug Hoffman and conservatives are starting to really work up a full head of steam. We feel like it’s time to even the score and make the GOP pay. Hell, we can do it without them!

There’s more than enough energy being generated by all this anger, but what are we going to do with it?

Let me tell you what the Democrats are hoping we do with it. They are reading the vitriolic posts and the calls to destroy the GOP and they are grinning and sighing in relief. Because they know that the only thing that can save them now is uncontrolled conservative anger. They are counting on it.

They need us to sound angry. They need us to alienate moderate voters who don’t live their lives reading conservative blogs and checking the Drudge Report at 15-minute intervals. But most importantly of all, they need us to turn on the GOP in destructive ways. Right now, you see, the far right is the far left’s best hope.

Parties Matter

I know that conservatives like to vote their conscience, and the idea of a party offends a lot of people. George Washington hated parties too, so if you feel that way you’re in good company. Unfortunately, what you or I or George Washington likes or doesn’t like is not the issue. Reality doesn’t change just because we wish it would, and the only true freedom of action comes through understanding things as they really are.

My dad used to tell a story to his freshman classes in college. He would ask them: “Who is more free? The young kid, not a care in the world, daydreaming about the moon? Or the scientist stuck in his lab, hunchbacked over his equations?” Well, certainly the kid feels more free. But no matter how much the child pretends they can journey to the moon, no amount of wishing will make it so. A sound understanding of the way the rules of physics really work is what actually got us there.

So to everyone who tells me something like “vote for the right person no matter his party,” I have this response:

Each and every single one of the votes that was cast for a conservative Blue Dog Democrat in the 2008 election was a vote for Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the House.

There’s just no ifs, ands or buts about it.

You want another, more frightening example? If Harry Reid decides it’s worth it–and giving the polls in Nevada he very well might–he’s going to use the reconciliation process to ram the health care proposal through by a simple majority without the chance of a Republican filibuster.

Why can Harry Reid do this? Because he’s the Senate Majority Leader.

Why is he the Senate Majority Leader? Because there are more Democrats in the Senate than Republicans.

You can’t get a more conservative Democratic Senator than Ben Nelson of Nebraska. He has supported the mission in Iraq, voted to lower taxes, and he’s a member of Democrats for Life of America. But here’s an undeniable fact: a vote for Ben Nelson was a vote to give Harry Reid the option of ramming this disastrous health care bill down our throats.

So please don’t tell me that parties don’t matter just because you think they are awful and they shouldn’t. The fact is that they do indeed matter. It doesn’t mean our only recourse is to blindly vote for whatever the GOP sends our way, but it does mean that there are costs to blindly voting as if party doesn’t matter. It’s up to us to find a better way.

Easy Solutions

Anger is a simple emotion, and it leads to simple actions. We like simple actions. There’s no need for self-restraint or patience in waiting for the right time. Just go and do. On the other side, we don’t like complexity or doubt. We avoid cognitive dissonance without even realizing that’s what we’re doing.

That’s why the third party solution resonates with so many people: it’s intellectually and morally simplistic. Easy.

The real solution, however, is a lot trickier because it involves doing two contradictory things at once. We need to take control of our party back without destroying it.

The art to taking control of the party back is–as I quoted in my last article–all about the threat of force rather than the application of force. Using force on the GOP hurts the GOP. So the less we can use, the better. But if our threats are not credible, then we’re going to end up having to follow through more often. It’s the same principle of deterrence that works in international relations — if the other guy knows you will follow through with retaliation, he’s not going to mess with you to begin with. And sometimes that means you have demonstrate that you’re not just blowing hot air.

That’s what NY-23 is all about. The state GOP ran a liberal, and national Republicans like Newt Gingrich and Michael Steele fell in line behind her. Even many conservative leaders deferred to party politics and waited to endorse Hoffman until after Scozzafava left. That makes me think the lesson has not yet been learned.

So we need to find more minimally-destructive ways to let the GOP know we mean business. And that means less ranting and railing about “the party” and more specific, targeted attacks. We need to pick out the individual Republicans — and the individual grievances. You want to bring some fear to the GOP? Stop going after them as a group and start going after the individuals who have done us wrong. Like Maine Republican Sen. Olympia Snowe, for example, for her role helping Obamacare get out of committee and giving it a pretext of bipartisanship.

But the tone has to be civil and upbeat. It needs to take place in a greater context. We need reformers, not a mob. Our job is to clean house and rebuild a coalition at the same time. The only way to do this is to get down to core ideals (individual liberty and limited government), translate those ideals into specific policy objectives (everything from auditing the fed to banning earmarks), emphasize their relevance to current political realities (the private sector and free market will lead the way out of the recession) and integrate punishing liberal Republicans as simply one aspect of this comprehensive agenda for re-founding America.

What I’m describing is not an easy solution. It’s threading a needle. It’s a job that calls for cool heads and and steady hands. For self-control. Only when fire is controlled can the energy be harnessed for creation instead of destruction. Unleashing our pent-up frustration might make us feel better, but what conservatives, the GOP, and the nation need right now is constructive energy.

—————
Robert Wallace is classical liberal studying economics in graduate school. He and his wife work as business analysis consultants, and they live as undercover conservatives with their two small children in a socialist bastion of a college town. He has been writing for America’s Right since December 2008.

Comments

Robert – Absolutely great article!

It is time to focus. We have heard many saying the generalities and it is time for a focus. We all can't focus on everything, but we all can focus on something.

So everyone out there, pick a target. Follow it, challenge it, watch it, respond to it. We may not win all battles, we may not win at all, but if we don't fight for what is right, where we are and when we are there, who will?

In my case, I work in one of the most vilely liberal cities in the country, Portland, Oregon. More damn Priuses than any other place I have ever been. I have a very liberal democrat representative. I have two democrat senators. They don't want to hear anything of what I have to say, but I must say it anyway. But in addition to them, I can pick up the cause of conservatism and spread the word. I can talk to the parents at our Boy Scout troop meeting. I can talk to others about the Constitution and how we have rights that we derive from God, rights that pre-date the constitution and those rights are not "granted" to us by the government, but are rights that existed before the government.

I will continue to spread the word. We are in the fight, the big fight, the fight against Tyranny.

We talk of taking back the country. First we must take back our conservative party, the Grand Old Party, the party of the great emancipator Lincoln, the party of the great Ronald Reagan. For the last decades, the GOP has been under assault, we were told to change to be more like the democrat party. Many wanted to get along, so they would be liked. So, for years the party drifted further to the left. And now, we have people who say they can't tell the difference, so what is the difference in who you vote for.

Well, I say the best way to get some real hope and change is to have a real difference. We can make a difference if the conservatives stand up. Sure, we the real American people have been busy making and keeping the country great, but the barbarians have breached the gate. The barbarians are doing great damage while we try to keep things going. The barbarians are working hard to destroy what we create. No longer can we ignore them while we tend to the fields and factories. No longer can we just wish they would let us live in peace. Now we must fight.

And fight we will. In the polling place, we can start the change. I can't vote for Hoffman, but I can send him a few bucks, which I did. I don't have lots of money to spend on politics, but I can spend time. I have a voice and I will be heard.

Thanks again for the great article, it will be passed on to many…

2. Randy Wills says:

Again, a wonderfully written article, Robert.

It seems to me that the argument that you are making is that of pragmatism vs idealism, with idealism taking a subordinate role. The question that I have is, "In the long run, does that really bring about redirection, or does it simply slow down the process of moving away from the idealism of the Founders?"

I have yet to hear anyone respond to my earlier question of what it is that we are really professing. Are we attempting to recreate the essence of the Framer,s Constitution, minus the spriritual foundation on which they based their concept of government, or do we accept that theirs was a perspective that cannot be duplicated without incorporating the bedrock spiritual truths of the Scripture?

As a lifelong technical/business person, I have a broad streak of pragmatism, but as a Believer, I eschew compromise. I don't think that a secularized version of the Framer's ideal is going to be much more successful than our present situation, because isn't that how we got here in the first place?

Tension abounds.

I'm not convinced that we can finesse the present situation. We don't have a hundred years to regain control of our schools, and hence, our children, the future voters. It may be that we have to allow the existing structure to self-destruct before it can be restored to its original beauty.

In the meantime, I plan to go with the Glenn Beck approach; party is secondary to what I believe.

Randy

You are so correct Robert..anger will only render us ineffective…FOCUS is the key! Great article!

4. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Absolutely love it.

GREAT job.

Robert, you are so wise that you scare me!

GREAT piece!

Damn! You've even converted ALL CAPS MAN!

Whew!

6. Vibe says:

I think that there is one voter option that should be on every ballot – from the un-opposed dog catcher position to presidential primary and all points in between.
    Some fom of "None of the Above" or "No Acceptable Choices". At least then, until we can find and, get behind, that truely remarkable Conservative Candidate – We the People – can still send a resounding message to the Party Machines.

7. EARTH, WIND AND FIRE says:

You have even converted ALL CAPS MAN, damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I would love to see Robert Wallace in Michael Steele's shoes as head of the GOP!

9. Robert Wallace says:

Randy-

You wrote: "It seems to me that the argument that you are making is that of pragmatism vs idealism, with idealism taking a subordinate role."

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion given that in my last piece (just yesterday) I stated this:

"The in-fighting in the Republican Party has been categorized as a contest of rational pragmatists versus hot-tempered idealists. That should tell you that something is fundamentally wrong. What’s the point, after all, of pragmatically implementing the wrong ideals? What’s the point of having the right ideals, but not being pragmatic enough to find a way to implement them? Choosing between pragmatism and idealism is like choosing between fuel and oxygen — you need both to keep a fire going."

It's not either-or. It' *CAN'T* be either-or.

Idealistic people have to be pragmatic or they become hypocrites. Because at some point we have to choose between clinging to our ideals in our minds (where everything is perfect) and actually trying to get those ideals out in the real world (where nothing is perfect). And pragmatism is the definition of making that transition. So if you are truly idealistic you WILL be a pragmatist.

On the other hand pragmatism can not exist without idealism. Pragmatism is about accomplishing things. But what to accomplish? You need an ideology to provide the values to be pragmatic about.

I want people to get what I'm saying. I'm not voting for pragmatism. I'm not voting for idealism. I'm voting AGAINST separating the two and I'm voting FOR both of them at the same time.

10. Boston Blackie says:

WOW, an unbelievably inspiring piece, thank you Robert and Jeff for keeping hope alive. I agree that we need to pick our battles. We need to let the GOP know we are conservatives first and will not support individuals that just go along to get along(Olympia Snowe). The hardest part is getting people to run for public office knowing the establishment is not behind them and their family will be dragged through the mug, I know I couldn't do it. That is why Doug Hoffman has the support of the little man, he is doing what we can only dream of. Robert and Jeff, you need to do some serious thinking about going into public life, you are desperately needed.

Thanks for the article. There are many people who are upset with the Republican party for the way they handled the past Presidential race and for the actions of many of its leaders either endoring Obama or supporting him on issues not in the best interest of the people or the party.

I have certainly made my feelings known to them and suggested they take a look at the basic principles of less government, less taxes and clean up the corruption in Washington.

My sister lives in New York state and has been working tirelessly on conservative issues. Many of the groups she is working for are staying in the Republican party solely to influence the party and the selection and election of conservative candidates. This is the way all of us can help our cause. Get involved and make your feelings known. Not only do we need to target certain Republicans who are more like democrats or are more interested in the joining in on the money to be made, but we must also have conservative candidates to oppose these people. This is where all of us can do a job and that is at the local level seeking conservative candidates to run and supporting them. Maybe even running yourself – that is what Doug Hoffman did. The only way to change the Republican Party is from the local, state levels. This is using the Saul Alinsky method to our own advantage.

12. Chuck in San Diego says:

Awesome summary of how to bring our own flavor of "change" to the GOP. I agree that this is like chemotherapy – some strong medicine is needed but let's not kill the patient we're trying to save.

Is anyone aware of a website that gives "report cards" on GOP members in different areas based on voting records (e.g. taxes, immigration, limited government, military support, etc)? Not every candidate is going to be an A+ in every category but the voters can give them some "education" in areas where they are lacking.

13. ON THE FENCE AGAIN says:

OOPS, I thought I was converted till I read Randys comment, now I waver again. I wish parties weren't necessary.

14. Randy Wills says:

Well said, Robert, but the questions remains; "How closely does our objective match up with the concepts which are inextricably woven throughout the Constitution?"

Can anyone, or will anyone, please try to answer that question for me? There was no "two party system", as we know it today, at work during the formation of the Constitution. There were certainly differing opinions on all of the issues, but the debate was between individuals on the issue itself; not a party positions or affiliation.

And isn't that what we need today; individuals convinced of a certain set of ideals who live out those ideals in their daily lives at all costs rather than seeking the power to enforce their ideals on others through political organizations? Isn't that the problem that we have in terms of the present administration, and how well do we like that when the shoe is on the other foot?

I'm not trying to argumentative or suggest that I know the answer. I'm just trying to engage in a debate so that we can all get to the bottom of how we got here and identify what it requires to dig ourselves out.

And please don't get touchy on me, friend Robert. I'm only asking.

Randy

15. GOOD THINGS COME IN 3'S says:

WASHINGTON – In a very early test of President Barack Obama's political influence, two states are choosing whether to continue Democratic rule while voters elsewhere elect a handful of congressmen and big-city mayors.

Elected just a year ago, the president has spent a considerable amount of time and energy trying to ensure that Democrats win governor's races in Virginia and New Jersey and pick up a GOP-held congressional seat in upstate New York.

In doing so, Obama raised the stakes of a low-enthusiasm off-year election season — and risked political embarrassment if any lost.

All three could.

16. Ian Thorpe says:

Robert,
    I've said this before several times but American Conservatives (and classic Liberals like myself) need to get some fire in their bellies. Obama and his supporters are not truly of the left but like the Britsh Lsabour party they are authoritarian. You can't argue with them because they are utterly convinced they are right and you can't fight their kind of tyranny because it is the tyranny of the weak. Challenge them and they whine "but can't you see we only want what is best for everybody."

And like UK Labour governments of the past 12 years and in the 1970s and 1960, from 1945 and 1952 and way back in the 1930s they will deliver what is worst for everybody.

These political movements survive because people say "well their hearts are in the right place and they mean well."

The only thing that will stop Obama, because clearly the courts are not going to challenge his legitimcy, is a campaign of civil disobedience. Bring the nation to a standstill. The French and Italians do it regularly, we even did it in Britain to make the government cancel a plan to tax private cars off the road (they didn't think that one through because without fuel taxes the nation would not be able to pay its bills) and the threat of a campaign has forced them to abandon a plan to make us carry (at a cost of £100 each) ID cards loaded with an RFID chip which would enable government agencies to track everybodies movements to within six feet at all times.

We have the power, Americans have the power, even though the Obama cultists would not join in. Withdraw co-operation.

Other than that you will have to rely on the militasry refusing to serve.

17. Chuck in San Diego says:

I did some digging and quickly came up with a list of sites that provide "scorecards" of one form or another. Any takers on assessing if any of these sites are worth using for ratings?

Does anyone know of a site similar to "ProgressivePunch" http://www.progressivepunch.org but is oriented towards Conservatives? Or do you just take the inverse of their ProgressivePunch score?

My Quick List:

Republicans for Environmental Protection

Numbers USA – Immigration Scorecards

2009 Club for Growth RePORK Card

Republican Liberty Caucus

The American Conservative Union

Americans for Tax Reform

National Taxpayers Union (NTU)

Project Vote Smart

NRA Political Victory Fund

Council for Citizens Against Government Waste (CCAGW)
    (Last updated 2007)

ProgressivePunch
    (do you just take inverse of the score?)

While the article is extremely well written and very spirited, I'll dissent on the issue as usual.

As I wrote before in my comments, I have a "been there done that" feeling about GOP revival. It has been tried in Israel, and failed miserably. On the other hand, tremendous pressure put on the "official" right wing party by so-called "national camp" forced the former to shift right and, as a natural consequence, win the elections. Israel, with its colorful multi-partisan political system, is run by coalitions, not individual parties. My Israeli experience says that inm the near future, there is a distinct possibility that the GOP splits into "old core", a tent for its moderate elements, and a more radical wing that will, after merging with Libertarians and Constitutionalists, reach about the same size as the "old core". They will form up a coalition, run primaries together, field a single presidential candidate and form a unified government if victorious. This seems to be a smooth way of avoiding endless "principles vs votes" debates that destroy the right-wing unity.

Oh boy… Did I just suggest a federalist model for the GOP?..

19. Uncle Rick says:

This is why I am, for this nexe election cycle, going with Get Out of Our House, or GOOOH, which many will have encountered at tea party rallies. It seems to me the best way for the people — that’s us, remember — to take back the House of Representatives and send a strong, clear message to both the major parties. It is entirely6 possible for this movement to get a majority next year.

To see what this is about, visit http://www.goooh.com.

The times they are a-changin’.

20. Jan says:

Robert – As usual an excellent article. I dream of the day when the party of old could be recognized again. Unfortunately I don't see that happening. I piggyback on what Randy says as I happen to seperate the things of this world from the things above. Until we have a spiritual revolution I fear that things will get much worse. In fact, it is promised to do just that. We can agree all day long that we want limited government, controlled spending, transparency, states rights, etc. and still have candidates that some of us just won't be able to support for moral reasons. I am not concerned about what others think is right or wrong on this side of eternity. I am more concerned with not moving that line of demarkation in the sand. If that makes me part of the problem I can live with that. The truth of the matter is that we have become morally bankrupt as a nation. Until that is rectified I see more separation as it relates to political parties. I wish it weren't so, but that would be too idealistic. Excellent piece and I do plan on getting behind all of the concervative candidates I can to promote their success. I won't, however, support a candidate just because they bear an R behind their name. And I realize that you really aren't advacating an either/or position.

Check out RallyRight.org We are fixing the Rep party in Idaho. It is easier to fix it than try to do a third party that will divide us and we'll never win again against the libs. They are gleeful that we will do just that. Everyone needs to get involved and help us get this done all across the nation. To many other groups are forming and it seems to be all about power. We need to come together as Americans and take our country back. We have figured out how to do this and and if we are successful next year, Idaho will be the most conservative state in the country. Check it out.
    Great article! Thanks!
    Jan in North Idaho

22. Robert Wallace says:

Randy-

Sorry if I sounded touchy. Unrelated issues weighing on my mind.

I take your point, and I'd like to write a lengthy reply, but it will have to wait.

The short version is that reforming America's 2-party system is something I believe in, but that is not very high on my priority list relative to some of the other problems. It's been around since the 2nd presidential system, and all the Founders except Washington (to my knowledge) worked within parties. So it's not the #1 threat to the Republic.

Along those same lines, I strongly recommend that you all go to and read all about how we can actually effect change in the GOP:

Cold Warrior writes:

"The office of precinct committeeman (“PC”) has been has been called “the most powerful office in the world” because the PC is the closest structured political officeholder to the registered voter. A registered voter has no vote in internal Party policy; a precinct committeeman does. A PC elects district, county and state party officers, delegates to the Presidential convention and RNC members. PCs sent to the Pres. Convention vote on what policies the party platform will be advocated in the next two years. Through a monthly meeting, PCs interact with their elected Party officials to influence legislation.

"Here’s the point: the Party does have good conservatives in it who are willing to take positions of Party leadership, but they won’t get elected into those positions unless the Party has a solid majority of conservatives in the PC ranks. As a PC, you can devote as much or as little time to other PC tasks such as helping to get out the vote on election day and informing the voters in your precinct about the best candidates, how best to vote on initiatives, etc. Politics matter. Look at the outcome of the last election. But to be able to vote for the Party leadership, a conservative registered Republican voter must be a PC. It’s that simple."

Lets see if I have the numbers straight !! Over 300 million American Citizens, 400-500 members on Capital hill, Hmmmm, I would say the numbers of the people , Excluding the left are still enough to drag all those Prick and Prickesses, ie: Nancy Pelosi, Out of there, Phone calls are not gonna cut it, You can light up there switch boards all you want, It is not gonna make a difference, They need to be removed Physically !! Good Luck!!

25. Larry Mayo says:

We are no longer ruled by a citizen legislature, we are now ruled by professional politicians. Men and women who start in office( some with the best intentions) just out of college and work their way up into a lifetime career and huge pensions, never working outside in the real world. The solution is so simple that nobody sees it. I also believe the candidate that starts this movement (if successful) will be found in future history books). That candidate will run on this platform:

1. Accepting as their salary, the average salary of their district. (until a law can be passed making this the legal salary for that office) and all remaining moneys from the current salary donated back to the treasury.

This would require them to favor legislation that stimulates the economy and leads to higher wages for everyone ( if they want a raise themselves they must first create a raise for their constituents).

2. Refuse to accept any health care benefits from their respective employer (State or Federal government) They pledge to continue to pay in full for their existing private health insurance out of their salary (just like their constituents do).

Again this would cause them to vote for legislation that actually addresses the real cost of health care and since the have the average salary they would indeed “feel the pain” of their constituents.

3. Refuse to exempt themselves from ANY law they vote for and refuse to accept their pension for service in office ( again this money until a law is passed to make this the norm should be put back in the Treasury)

This is probably the most important for cleaning up the corruption, since it would eliminate what many of us out in the real world causes the corruption, the willingness to vote for bad laws to simply buy votes to acquire a multi million dollar pension. This would lead to VOLUNTARY term limits, since to get a large pension would require returning to the private sector.

4. Once elected refusing to vote for ANY law, no matter how well intentioned, that spends taxpayer money on anything that exceeds the authority of their respective Constitution (be it State or Federal). This will probably be the hardest of the four to actually do.

This if implemented would by it’s very nature balance the budget, cut spending and shrink the size and scope of government

I believe these four simple steps could and would end most of our government problems, simply because they eliminate the incentive to vote for programs simply because they will get you re-elected, since your incentive to stay in office will not be money and power but a desire to do good work. This will cause more good men and women to want to run for office, for the right reasons and return after a term or two to their real lives. It may cause an unemployment problem on K street, but we can address that problem when it occurs.

Please let me know what you think, be it yeh or ney. And feel free to give me a call or an e-mail if you would like to talk further on this and maybe refine it. I would be more than happy to help.

Respectfully,

Larry D. Mayo

e-mail dadildoit@comcast.net

Occupation: remodeling contractor

26. I agree with most here. But the calls for no anger are flying in the face of history. You don’t think anger motivated own Revolution? Even Franklin and Jefferson were angry. You don’t think anger was involved in defeating Germany and Japan or even our own civil rights movement. Anger is part of life and living. It can be expressed well or wrongly. It is not the anger that is the danger, it’s like a gun, it’s what we do with it that differentiates right and wrong. Jesus got angry at the money changers. Righteous anger is good for the soul.
    I agree that for 2010 we try to change the party from within, but I will not wait for 2012 to seek other “parties” if Republicans keep compromising our liberties away because they have this misguided “feeling” that we need a “big tent”. They’ve got a big tent with a decreasing amount of people. I say forget the big tent, go for Constitutional values, repeal the IRS taxes on income and we will have not as much diversity and because of that we will attract more voters. People are tired of groups that separate themselves as Special Americans.. … and please lighten up on abortion. We turn off more independents that way.. turn up the volume on equal treatment under our laws, especially our tax code.. flat National Sales taxes on all New retail goods and services.. repeal all payroll withholding, give a prebate check according to family size (not income) and give the poor and working poor close to a 18% raise now! More disposable income encourages consumption, and we have choice introduced into our tax system because if we purchase used homes, cars, planes, boats, televisions, and appliances, we won’t be supporting those that wish to destroy free markets (read capitalism)in our government.

Now if the Republican Party would show the smarts to back this and educate the public to this legislation’s advantages, I might pull the lever for them.
    I am becoming involved in the caucus’s but time is of the essence. The conservatives have bene “played” by this party just as much as “minorities” have been played by the Democrats. The time for playing is over.

If a Republican want’s a groundswell of support, they better start actually studying alternate answers to our issues they will lose again. Guaranteed. Then it is on THEM and not those that voted “3rd” Party.

You can take that to the bank too..

If the Republican Party thinks themselves “to big to fail” they will fail.
    God Bless,
    Gary Vincent “Father” O’Malley

27. DL says:

“FIRE” sung by Arthur Brown arrangement – another way to view what’s happening.

New Age thinking or just reverting back to Tower of Babel?

Trackbacks

1. [...] Conservatives, the GOP, and Fire Remember the ‘Contract with America’ and all the hoopla that went with it? And how the GOP was going to ‘get back to basics’? That was in 1994 and while it all looked good on paper it was all a sham. The GOP has drifted further and further Left until they are now basically ‘Dem Lite’. Far as I’m concerned the GOP has no veracity as the Party is as disconnected from the people as the Dem’s are. And therein lies the entire problem. Politicians of any stripe will tell any story make any statement to the voters in order to get elected. Then once elected they don’t deliver and in fact ignore those that elected them in the arrogant pursuit of their own agenda. IMO it should be as easy to get rid of politicians in office as it is to elect them to office. Impeachment and removal from office should always be on the table! [...]