‘Let Your Voice Be Heard’

I cannot say enough about Congressman Mike Pence. Under his leadership, the House Republican Conference has led the charge against the Democratic Party’s health care reform efforts and the left’s overall attempts to exponentially expand the size, scope, reach and role of the federal government. To say I’ve been impressed with the outreach work done by the House GOP, especially considering the message dissemination gap made evident during last year’s election, would be understatement of the year.

This video, just released, comes directly from his office. It encourages the American people to rise up and let out voices be heard in opposition to Nancy Pelosi’s H.R. 3962. Coming from a congressman who stood with concerned Americans at the tea parties, coming from a guy who has time and time again erred on the side of freedom and the free market, it means even more.

Comments

Those that can show up at the steps of the US Capitol on Thursday will see the thousands who plan on showing Congress just what they think of this massive takeover of our American way of life.

2. Robert Wallace says:

I hear the words. I like the words. And I have to give the GOP leadership in the House credit for opposing the health care plan.

But I'm waiting for a little bit more. I'm waiting for the Contract with America 2.0.

I really don't think they care what we say anymore, sorry.

4. Linda says:

I am in California and cannot possibly make it (as I do not have the finances that Congress has to just jump on a plane on a whim), but I sent a long email of support to Michelle Bachmann.

I truly appreciate the efforts of Senators Bachmann, Pence and DeMint. Pence and DeMint were the only two Congressmen who I saw care enough to actually come out and speak to the 1.5 million+ people at Capitol Mall on September 12.

Thank you, Jeff, for posting this video. I have attended town halls, tea parties, made phone calls and written and faxed letters. Please, everyone, make those phone calls. Thank you.

5. Linda says:

When the word "shall" appears 3,345times (as it does in this bill), they are dictating – it's totally unconstitutional.

6. Mike says:

Robert — we need leaders for that. The GOP doesn't have (m)any…

Thank you, Linda! You are a real American Patriot!

But don't give up! Goodness! Don't give up now! They are listening. They want to be returned to D.C. when their terms are up.

Geithner just said Sunday that the national debt is too high. (Well, DUH!)

Remember when Joe Biden said that the government needs to spend more money to end the recession? Geithner has just canceled that statement. Those Marxists know what the damage is that they are creating. The thing is, they will keep on doing it if we let up. Silence allows tyranny. We cannot keep our voices quiet now. We have only begun!

The video–

Beautiful!

9. Scriv says:

I attended a last minute town hall meeting called by our re. here in central Illinois: Aaron Schock. The crowd that attended was about 90%+ conservative (not just republican, you could tell by the standing ovation when the question was asked about the constitutionality of the bill) with 1000+ in attendance. I know it is not an accurate and total representation of our district, but I was pleased to see a group of like minded individuals in attendance. At least we know who really cares about our country. We are lucky to have a representative that is acting solidly on the conservative principles, and a lot of the questions were thanking him for that. He was even formally invited to be a "re-founder" via a open forum question. He shared a remark about the "arrogance" of rep. Pelosi, especially in her handling of this bill. There were random shouts from the audience of "he lied" upon every mention of B.H.O. In response to another question, Rep Schock responded that he still had no clue as to what "the president's health care plan is", the plan that Pelosi had introduced was not the one outlined in the joint session of congress. He stopped short of outright calling O a "liar", but said he was still waiting to see the president's plan, and was planning on fighting pelosi's. There were a lot of high points, too many to bring up in this comment section. He also introduced a "compromise bill" from the house republicans that is meant to be another option to this current travesty. More of a token gesture to bring up the issues that this bill was against like tort reform and whatnot. Not a keeper, but they at least have a base for a position to argue against the bill during debate this week. If they don't get a vote Friday, they will be there all weekend. At least I know where my district stands. All and all it was a good night out.

One last note about an answer to a question: When asked about the real impact of the Michelle Bachmann movement, he responded to the gist of holding the constituents above any lobbyists, recognizing that the people of his district were his boss, more so than any lobbyist or special intrest. He said that if he ignored them, they might be unhappy, but if he ignores the people of his district, he would be out of a job. I wish I could quote, he said it much more effectively, but I couldn't write fast enough for quotes.

Sorry for the long post, but just keep fighting. On some extent, they have to listen (at least most, some are so far out I do not believe there is any hope they will wake up). If not we gotta get them out asap.

10. Carrie says:

When will people realize that many in Washington don't care about not getting re-elected. They know something most of us don't…someone else is pulling the strings. These folks (for the most parts) are just puppets or pawns. They are being led by someone else. Don't threaten them with your vote, but rather seek to appeal to their hearts…their love for this country and their fellow man. Wake them from their slumber/daze…we really care about this country and our fellow man…we care so much that we are willing to make fools of ourselves, risk life and limb to rescue our country from tyranny.

Pray, people. We need God to move on the hearts of these men and women. We also need to be used by Him in resisting tyranny in this land.

Carrie:
    > Pray, people. We need God to move on the hearts of these men
    and
    > women. We also need to be used by Him in resisting tyranny in this land.

Prayer alone doesn't achieve squat because if God exists, He works through people of action. Here is an exerpt from the outstanding play "Devil's Disciple" by Bernard Shaw – the most worthy reading, by the way, if one wants to learn more of Independence War's America and its people.

JUDITH. God may soften Major Swindon's heart.

ANDERSON (contemptuously). Let him, then. I am not God, and I must go to work another way.

12. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

Your readers are becoming as inspiring as you are!

Gail – I agree that we have just begun to fight!

Carrie – I agree with you that our prayers are as necessary as our actions. It's very difficult for me to pray for these people when I'm so angry!

Susan

Thank you, Congressman Pence, for an inspiring and heartfelt speech.

I mourn for the future of our Country.

Diane

14. Gail B. says:

Diane — The State Motto of South Carolina: “While I breathe, I hope.”

Don’t lose faith in the hearts of the American People. We see that the Progressives are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. We are fighting back!

Trackbacks

1. [...] of those political figures, to me, is Indiana Congressman Mike Pence. A few days ago, we ran a video here at America’s Right put together by Pence, the chairman of the House Republican Conference, and his office. It was fantastic, and this [...]