A National Handicap

Assigned Reading: Obama Ties Bush on Golf Outings
(FROM: Politico)

Okay, so you know that I’m not generally one to nitpick. I’m fine with President Obama taking vacation, as his predecessors all have as well. I’m fine with him eating a romantic dinner with his wife, because his predecessors all have as well. Well, maybe not Bill Clinton.

And I’m fine with President Obama playing just as much golf in nine months as President George W. Bush did in three years. It’s not like the man is incommunicado — Golf Cart One probably has more communications capabilities than an AWACS jet. The problem I have is with the left’s hypocrisy. I saw a bumper sticker yesterday which read

I’ll give your president the same respect that you give mine.

and I think that sentiment holds true not just in terms of respect but in terms of coverage. If Michael Moore felt it necessary to lambaste Bush for teeing off while American servicemen and servicewomen were getting killed in Iraq, then the same criticism should be leveled against Barack Obama for sitting around and massaging a pair of tiny Titelists as our bravest are dying in Afghanistan rather than making a decision on the request for reinforcements sent more than sixty days ago.

There is plenty to criticize this president about so that we don’t need to scrutinize his backswing, or the time he spends working on it. Is his penchant for frequent golf outings maddening when troops are dying for want of additional resources? Absolutely. But a president who took more than a half-hour to give his commanders on the ground what they wanted certainly isn’t going to suddenly develop a conscience for such things sixty days later in a sandtrap.

Plus, we all know he’s waiting for the dust around health care reform and the rest of his hotly-contested domestic agenda to settle before he even considers spending his dwindling political capital on something so pesky as that overseas contingency operation against misunderstood purveyors of man-caused disasters.

Comments

Subject: No Bell Piece Prize

John was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers (hens), called 'pullets,' and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs.

He kept records, and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced. This took a lot of time, so he bought some tiny bells and attached them to his roosters.

Each bell had a different tone, so he could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing. Now, he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report just by listening to the bells. John's favorite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen, but this morning he noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! When he went to investigate, he saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, could run for cover.

To John's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it could not ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one. John was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the Renfrew County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the No Bell Piece Prize but they also awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well. Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making. Who else but a
    politician could figure out how to win two of the most highly coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention.

Vote carefully next year; the bells are not always audible.

Jeff, I am sorry to run the same sore again, but what kind of personal responsibility do you expect from a… well, you know whom. Yeah, THAT word.

3. Lilly says:

Yeah but Bush gave up golf time during the Iraq war!

Class vs crass
    "massaging a pair of tiny Titelists" JEFF!!!

4. Dale in Flyover Country says:

"I'll give your president the same respect that you give mine."

I have that bumper sticker. Bought it right after the election. Y'know, the hypocrisy of the Left is nothing short of stunning. After eight years of dispensing the most sulfurous, unabashed hatred at one president, they think their "golden boy" is just going to get a free pass?

"Aw c'mon, lets let bygones be bygones. Our man won, so lets put aside the partisan bickering."

Sheesh!

The Donkeys brayed for eight years. Elephants never forget.

5. goddessdivine says:

I think he's also waiting for elections to be over; can't upset the Democratic base now with any decisions he might make.

The left's silence on the many Obamanations–for which they accused the opposition–speaks volumes. Total hypocrisy.

Also? Most successful people I know don't have time to hit the green. They're busy running businesses and fulfilling their many obligations. Call me a stickler, but personally I'd like to see a little more effort from our POTUS. (But I guess this is what we get when we elect a community organizer.)

Look at it this way: Obama could be the best thing to happen to the conservative movement in like forever!

7. Wally says:

He sure as hell doesn't use PRO V's. Appears to be using x outs.

Lilly–

Well stated! Thanks for the laugh! It felt better than O's massaged "tiny Titlists!"

I doubt that any of our brave military heroes will be invited to join him in a round of golf. They would make him appear even more amateurish.

Jeff, you are in rare form!

I'll bet he has a British crown monogram on those golf balls…whistlin:-"

Sally

10. INSANITY IN THE WH says:

While he is yelling 'fore' our young men are yelling 'fire in the hole'. This CIC has got to go, sorry.

11. D.A.Gust says:

Wow, don't you just love it…??
    Impressive, Obama plays golf every 11.66 days!

I know, I know, he would play alot more if he didn't campain so much.