It’s the Credibility You Could be Saving…

By Robert Wallace
America’s Right

The White House war on Limbaugh was a bad idea. His ratings went up, and they looked unprofessional and petty for picking a fight with talk radio host. So, given the liberal infatuation with failed policies, they naturally decided to give it another go.

The assault on Fox News has been generally panned by observers from every side of the political spectrum as everything from a politlcal blunder to a an example of skewed priorities to an un-American attack on the freedom of the press. So far the entire debacle seems to do Obama more harm than good. First the expendable pointwoman (Anita Dunn) turned out to be Mao’s number 1 fan. Despite this Axelrod and Emanuel (rumored to be the mastermind of this plot) kept up the attack. ABC’s Jake Tapper raised the issue with Gibbs, who singled out Beck and O’Reilly as representative of Fox News. That’s not remotely honest, given that the White House claims to be attacking the news coverage as opposed to the opinion shows. Most interestingly: I’ve noticed that dismissive comparisons of Obama with Carter have started to be replaced by much more potent comparisons of Obama with Nixon.

So I keep expecting the White House Administration to go find something else to complain about. But they keep digging the hole deeper. Here’s Obama on MSNBC implying that Fox News is the equivalent of talk radio:

It reminds me of the Geico commercials with the little pile of money that has eyeballs on it. Instead of “this is the money you could save by switching Geico” I hear in my mind “this is the credibility you could save by talking about real issues.”

The only explanations I can think of are that the Obama administration believes the short-term benefit of energizing their base is worth the long-term pain of alienating the rest of the country. Which in turn makes me wonder whether or not Team Obama even has a long-term strategy for his presidency anymore.

Comments

1. goddessdivine says:

this is the credibility you could save by talking about real issues

Nice.

So, the administration is quick to pull a surge in its attacks on conservative outlets (which by the way: Isn't this diversity…which is what they want?) yet can't make a decision on Afghanistan. Good move Obama. You harm the troops and your own presidency at the same time. His ship is sinking….fast. These guys need to grow some skin and get over themselves.

There is something wrong with Anita, seriously…. watch her Mao speech, and her mouth gestures are from Planet Of The Apes….. what meds (or illegal drugs?) is this woman on?

Have some sympathy as it's above his pay grade.

4. Revolvr says:

"Which in turn makes me wonder whether or not Team Obama even has a long-term strategy for his presidency anymore. "

And that has me worried.

While seemingly childish and stupid, the strategy of "going personal" pays off in spades. It is nine months into what already seems to be the worst, and certainly the most controversial and radical, presidential term in modern American history and the opposition still has no politician capable and/or willing to wear the leader's mantle. If not for the fear of revenge, I am convinced, Glenn and Rush would be having a field day with birth certificate controversy, but they are showmen, not heroes, and their courage is limited.

I was sitting in the waiting room at my Dentist's office yesterday and was surprised to see the Television was on the Fox channel. A few moments later the receptionist poked her head through the little glass window and said the other day I looked out and the TV was on cartoons but I see it is on the news today. Well, you know me, immediately I responded by saying, "oh, but the White House says this isn't a news channel". Everyone in the waiting room started laughing and so did she as she closed her little window again.

Big mouthed Sally

7. WHITE HOUSE 90210 says:

Sally,

This president and his nepotistic high school buddies are a cartoon.

8. WHAT CONSTITUTION? says:

Leo Donofrio has more nads, and more command of the natural born debacle, than Glenn and Rush combined.

This is a great piece on the Obama administration. I think Obama has really touched a nerve in many people on both sides of the aisle. Of course I could not resist telling the White House how I felt about this latest obession. I wrote to them asking didn't they have anything better to do than go after Fox News and their people – like run the country?

10. Amy says:

I heard on Fox News this morning that the Obama admin refused to put Fox News reporters in a recent pool to interview someone in the administration ( I can't remember who). Surprisingly, the other news orgs said that if Fox News was not allowed to participate, then they would not send reps for the interview either. Fox News was then allowed to be in the pool of reporters.

11. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Amy — check this site in an hour. There's a piece in the queue on exactly just that.

12. SLOGAN 180 says:

Amy,

There is HOPE as the other news agencies CHANGE their ways.

Patriots, YES WE CAN.

13. DOUBLE DIPPERS says:

Planet of the Apes lady now will work with her hubby in the White House, him now as chief legal counsel.

Nepotistic Animal House.

Revolvr said–
    "Everything Obama is doing suggests to me he has no concerns about the 2010 elections.

"And that has me worried."

Me, too, Revolvr!
    ———-
    And, Rix said–
    "It is nine months into what already seems to be the worst, and certainly the most controversial and radical, presidential term in modern American history…."

Rix, could could safely add "contradictory" to those adjectives!

verify: flees (Obama flees from the truth and from everything good and decent for this country.)

"Rix, could could safely add 'contradictory' to those adjectives!"

Just make that "Rix, you could…."

(Sorry about that.)