Heeeeere’s Hillary!

According to a just-released Gallup Poll, Hillary Clinton is actually more popular than her boss, with Clinton retaining a 62 percent favorability rating to Barack Obama’s 56 percent. In the days and weeks surrounding Obama’s inauguration, this seemed all but impossible, with the new president then polling at 78 percent favorable to Clinton’s 65 percent.

Figure in the president and administration’s marginalization of the Secretary of State by, among other things, running afoul of her reported advice on such matters as the post-election violence in Iran and the ouster of former Honduran president Manuel Zelaya, and it’s surprising that she has maintained her rating and he has not.

Among Democrats, Obama has slipped from 95 percent favorable in January to 89 percent today, whereas Clinton has only dropped from 93 to 91 percent. Among Republicans, Obama’s rating has plummeted from a mind-blowing 60 percent in post-Inauguration January to 19 percent today, while Clinton has stayed even at 35 percent. Among crucial independents, Obama has dropped almost 25 points from 75 to 52 percent, while Clinton has seen only a marginal decrease in favorability, from 61 to 55 percent.

So, what does this all mean, other than backflips and chants of “I-told-you-so” in the Secretary of State’s office? I have two theories — one of which is bound to be correct. (Or, maybe not.)

1. After citing some sort of personal or health issue, Vice President Joe Biden will officially be absent from incumbent President Barack Obama’s ticket in 2012. Feeling the backlash from an America which has awakened to find a radical leftist in the White House, and all-too-aware of the fracture within the Democratic Party, Obama will ask Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to be his running mate. Together, he’ll say, they can bring together the warring factions of the left and defeat anybody the GOP throws at them, be it Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Tim Pawlenty, or even God — because liberals don’t believe in God. Obama will argue that, in 2016, Clinton would be perfectly poised to carry on as heir apparent, a popular vice president seeking the presidency once again.
  2. Hillary Clinton, seeing the results in the 2010 mid-term elections, will resign from her position as Secretary of State, paint herself as the center-left or even centrist alternative to a far-left president, and seek the presidency armed with knowledge of the innerworkings of the Obama administration. She’ll explain why she didn’t agree with the president on Iran, why he was wrong on Honduras, and assure America that she, unlike Barack Obama, will not forsake Israel. On the economic front, she’ll cite her husband’s convenient success during the dot-com boom, as well as the ire he received from the now-tainted far left during his own presidency.

Yes, I know that it was just a few days ago that Hillary came right out and said that she would no longer seek the presidency, but what was she supposed to say? That she was quietly collecting support and inside information which could be used in 2012? Come on, folks — compared with Barack Obama, the idea of her presidency could be relatively attractive . . . but she’s still a Clinton.

She just happens to be a Clinton who, at this point in time, is more favorable than Barack Obama. She’s got that going for her. Which is nice.

Comments

Mia Patriot–

Still a Patriot emailed me to ask if I was okay–and to tell me that you had inquired about me on AR.

I'm fine–have been on the Appalachian Trail with Old Bob and having a wonderful time!

No, seriously, I was dog-sitting for Sarah while she went to her granddaughter's wedding. She got back Saturday, but then I looked at how she was doing and decided I needed to stay until she recovered from her trip. She doesn't travel well. She has a phobia about leaving home and another one about traveling. Her son went the Interstate to save time when he picked her up. The wedding wore her out, and then she took her nerve pill on an empty stomach before the trip home.

I have two car loads of boxes (don't think one will make it) before I have EVERYTHING of mine out of Sarah's basement from when I moved from NC TWO YEARS AGO.

Thanks for missing me, and I'm hoping my absence gave Jeff some extra study time/family time/get-the-house-ready time.

Sarah has satellite, and I could watch FOX, where I saw comments on what Jeff spoke about while I was gone. I missed the great comments on Jeff's articles from his readers.

Jeff, I missed you, too.

Jeff, you need to comment about STORAGE SPACE, whether it has a fireplace or not, garage or not, something about the kitchen, and number of bathrooms.

Sarah watches House Hunters!

3. Robert Wallace says:

I called it before and I'm sticking to it: Hillary is going for the jugular in 2012. She's been outmaneuvered, defeated and – worst of all – humiliated.

Given the chance, she will strike.

And Obama has been looking more and more like a political n00b ever since he was inaugurated. It's like the more experience he has in politics the worse he gets.

I don't care what she does I still won't vote for her. I think the second option is more likely as Obama should know he would be signing his own death warrant with her in the VP slot.

I'll bet on #2. Clinton will leave before next November.
    With a smile on her face!

Don't be silly. The only reason Hillary's poll numbers don't drop as rapidly as those of the Anointed One is because she is hardly ever mentioned in the news, whereas the Usurper's face has become a permanent irritant polluting every TV screen and magazine cover. Accepting the job that effectively sidelined her to unpopular, fruitless and often outright funny assignments was the biggest political mistake she's ever made. Heck, even TOTUS doesn't take her seriously anymore!

==========================

It is Democratic primaries 2012 and Hillary runs against Obama. To gain Republican support in open primaries, Hillary campaign offers Rush Limbaugh $100,000 to tell on his show that she is an honest, right-to-center politician. Surprizingly, he accepts the offer.

So it's the show time and Rush takes the mike: "Hillary Clinton is a vicious liberal snake. She is an expert in lying, backstabbing, press manipulation, bribery and double deals, has multiple ties to foreign lobbies and is known to accept illegal contributions. But compared to Barack Obama, she is an honest, right-to-center politician!"

I'd vote for Hillary in a heart beat! She is brilliant, well respected around the world, and can hit the ground running and makes a decision and sticks by it. She doesn't wait for a poll to decide which way she will vote. She is the only person out there who could clean up this mess that Obama has gotten us into!

Heeeeere's Hillary!

Dude, that picture will cause nightmares.

Had to Watch this in order to erase that image out of my mind:

9. John Feeny says:

Look, I know I'll come across as a tad naive when I say this…

…and I NEVER thought I'd say this…

…but right now Hilary strikes me as kind of sexy.

Call me crazy.

10. Boston Blackie says:

When Rush was pushing Obamama in the primaries as a way to defeat HRC, I said to be careful what you wish for. Rush thought this country would rally against Obamama in November. I said the devil we knew was better than the devil we didn't know. We got what we voted for(present company excluded)- Lucifer himself.
    P.S. Welcome home, Gail, we missed you and thought the guys with the earplugs had come and taken you away. haha

11. Ian Thorpe says:

Off topic but I keep seeing a story claiming that a majority of the Nbel Peace Prize committee was against giving the award to Obama by 3 to 2. The two members of Norways New World Order supportiung Labour Party went ahead and gave it to Obama regardless.

Tinfoil hats anyone?

Deja Vu defined.

"a few days ago that Hillary came right out and said that she would no longer seek the presidency"

oh wait, maybe it's just that I have heard this song before.

13. Lilly says:

UGH! That picture is scary!!
    Sorry Jeff, I like Rix version better and agree that her poll numbers are still good because she's not front and center much!
    Gail- glad you're back. I missed you too.

That is an AWFUL photo! It's like a combination of two disturbing movie images: One from the PSYCHO shower scene and another from Jack Nicholson in THE SHINING.

15. BILLS NIGHTMARE says:

Is that her Facebook profile pic?

O.K. Gail. That's the last trip on any trail that I'll take with you. The deal was that it would be a Mark Sanford type of "absence", and you promised not to let the cat out of the bag. Now I'm really in the doghouse at home.

Old Bob

Old Bob–
    Absolutely ROFLMAO, complete with tears running down my face!

Tell the wife that she has nothing to worry about, that were having strategy meeting on how to defeat ObamaCare.

18. John says:

Choice #2.

Hillary's poll numbers are not stagnant because she's hidden, but because she's not BHO, and people have buyer's remorse.

If anything, she should have taken a dip alongside her boss. All his other appointees have.

Hillary, like Robert says, will go for the kill. She is the only person who can politically neutralize BHO by coming out against his policies.

Hillary says this and she's polling in the 70s…

"I can no longer, as an American and a patriot, serve this administration.

I do not believe that Barack Obama has the best interests of the United States at heart. At our core, we are not a Marxist/Socialist nation, but I fear our president wants us to be…"

Sounds extreme? She's a Clinton. They'll do whatever it takes to win.

19. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

Your #2 scenario sounds plausible to me, then so does Rix's. I totally agree with Robert's take – she will "go for the jugular" when the time is right. Hillary has a legion of supporters waiting to work for her again – check out the Hillbuzz blog.

Gail – you kill me!

Susan

20. T.I.M. says:

Maybe I missed something, but the interview clip I saw did NOT have her directly answer the question, and she did NOT directly say she would not seek the presidency. This is, after all, the wife of the man who said "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Jeff, I need to give Ian Thorpe credit for the info on the IOC vote. I knew I understood how O received it, but I'd forgotten where I found my info. Ian was not asleep at the wheel–I was.

Thanks.

I agree with T.I.M.–

Remember the bruise Bill had on his left temple/forehead for days after the night he told Hillary about Monica? Well, trust me, friends–Hillary didn't stick by that skirt-chasing husband FOR THE FUN OF IT! She stuck by him for the POLITICAL ADVANTAGE OF IT. Pure and simple.

She's too politically ambitious to "retire" from politics at her age…there's too much room at the top not to go for, especially with her high approval ratings at the moment.