Spies Like Dems

Assigned Reading: House Repubs: CAIR May Have Planted Interns in DC
(FROM: The Hill)

A representative of CAIR called the accusations unfounded and worried that they would tarnish the improving relations between Muslim and non-Muslim Americans.

“God forbid American Muslims take part in the political process and exercise their rights,” said Ibrahim Hooper, a CAIR spokesman, in a telephone interview. “I suppose they’re going to investigate the Muslim Staffers Association next.

“If these people weren’t so hate-filled, it would be laughable, but unfortunately they have an audience and given their positions, it’s going to get picked up by the hate blogs.”

While the Republicans said they did not know of specific legislation that CAIR had affected, Franks said he wouldn’t be surprised if they were trying to amend the PATRIOT Act.

“One of the target policies that they might be concerned about is the PATRIOT Act itself — those things that give us the greatest tools to be able to surveil those conversations outside of this country…and I think organizations like CAIR would like to diminish that.”

Okay, above and beyond the obvious concerns with the Council of American-Islamic Relations placing interns and other staff in key committees and offices on Capitol Hill, I found this quote to be especially maddening. Why? Because there is already a group looking to diminish the capabilities of the PATRIOT Act and make this country less safe.

They’re called Democrats.

On September 17, after all, ten Democrat senators including Russ Feingold and Dick Durbin introduced the JUSTICE Act which, according to a report by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, would “rein in the worst excesses of PATRIOT and last year’s FISA Amendments Act.” JUSTICE, by the way, is an acronym for “Judiciously Using Surveillance Tools In Counterterrorism Efforts.” Sounds positively terrific . . . to terrorists.

In fact, the Democrats have been looking to undermine the PATRIOT Act from the beginning, consequences be damned. Consider how Sen. Harry Reid and his flunkies bragged in December 2005 about how they successfully “killed the PATRIOT Act” by having its extension filibustered:

I definitely appreciate the efforts by House Republicans like Reps. John Shadegg–a favorite of mine–and Sue Myrick to expose and excise from sensitive Capitol Hill areas interns and other personnel who don’t have America’s best interests at heart. But while they’re at it, perhaps they can connect the dots and address the other group actively working to undermine American security in the name of political expediency and some sort of perceived justice.

Comments

1. John Feeny says:

I, for one, am done apologizing for being all of the following:

1)American
    2)white
    3)male
    4)Christian/Catholic
    5)intelligent
    6)hard-working
    7)responsible
    8)respectful

If any or all of those mean that I don't trust Muslims around arguably some of the most sensitive national-security areas in my country, then fine…I don't trust them.

Apologies be damned.

2. Sam Bayles says:

Count me in as an infidel as well, John.

3. GONE ARE THE DAYS OF LEADERSHIP says:

Three minutes of very moving television….

Glenn had footage of Obama enjoying his Latin music fun fest at the White house last night, and juxtaposed it with a few minutes from John Adams, where John was in Paris and had to explain to the French elites he had no time for musique as he was there to work hard on behalf of the young men fighting for liberty back home. Made me tear up, then get very angry.

God bless our troops around the globe, AND those back in the 1770's who made this great country possible..

4. SCREW STOCKHOLM says:

Steps to taking hostages:
    1. Do it QUICKLY
    2. Use SURPRISE
    3. Be VIOLENT (even if just verbal)

There you have it; our country is being taken hostage by D.C.
    Rushing bills, unread bills (surprise!) and talking and screaming trash about us patriots.

5. SUIT UP GUYS says:

John, let's start a platoon.

6. John Feeny says:

Damn straight, Suit Up. With each day I'm gritting my jaw just a bit more tightly.

7. POWERFUL TV says:

You MUST post that clip from Glenn Beck with the John Adams clip. WOW.

8. goddessdivine says:

Word on the street is Reid is facing some fierce competition come re-election. Gosh I hope he gets outed.

I just watched the John Adams series recently. Gosh its moving. Why can't we get politicians like this anymore?

I ran across some videos of Lindsey Graham's town hall meeting in Greenville this past Monday.

Also, there's a S.C. group, RINOHUNT.NET, looking for potential candidates to support – to replace RINOS like Graham. Just thought I'd pass it on.

10. Boston Blackie says:

Goddesdivine, We don't have politicians like John Adams anymore because they were NOT politicians, they were PATRIOTS.
    BIG DIFFERENCE, politicians are all for themselves and being reelected. Patriots are all for this great country of ours.