‘Rhetoric vs. Reality’

A fantastic new video from the folks at KeepAmericaSafe.com, a group founded by Liz Cheney, Bill Kristol and Debra Burlingame. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — hypocrisy is currency for this administration and the Democratic Party. As we push forth toward the 2010 mid-term election, we must take advantage of every single opportunity to highlight their own statements, couple those statements with their nonfeasance and malfeasance, and show the American people what kind of people really have been running the show.

Hypocrisy crosses even the deepest of entrenched party lines. Consider the case of South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford. How many times did I praise him here at America’s Right? He was a breath of fiscally sane air in an overly polluted, spendthrift American political culture, and was on my short list for presidential contenders in 2012. Even in the hours before his surreal confession of an extramarital–and transcontinental–affair, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But the second that he proved himself to be a complete hypocrite, all I could do was shake my head and pray that he would just go away.

This president has a problem, in that it was his words and not his accomplishments which got him elected. And while that may have been good enough for a Bush-weary American public last year and a left-of-center Nobel Prize Committee last week, it’s not going to do the trick in 2012. His words have been countermanded and contradicted by his actions. On national security. On transparency. On health care. On the economy. On the overall role of the federal government.

I applaud the folks at KeepAmericaSafe.com because they’ve stood up and highlighted the overt hypocrisy of this president and his presidency. I hope they keep it up.

Comments

1. momathome says:

Wow….just WOW!! I think I shall send this on to all of my Bambi loving friends who think he's so "brilliant" and "thoughtful"!

2. JUST GO RETIRE, GORE says:

Al Gore shuts up a questioner.

Gee, our American healthcare is soooo bad, that a man with a 40 year old hijacking conviction hanging over him leaves CUBA and turns himself in to, get this, get some of that good ol AMERICAN prison healthcare.

Watching Glenn Beck; today he had a guest economist who explained the stimulus package. Question was from Beck on why so little of the (723 billion) was being spent now and a lot in 2011/2012. Answer "that's when the elections are being held and it will help buy votes". He also explained who is getting the monies now that the stimulus is being herald a great success by the left and press.

1. Unions
    2. Welfare
    3. Food stamps

No real jobs have been created unless you count government hiring.

BREAKING NEWS:

This just in…!!! Obama wins the Heisman Trophy after watching a college football game…!!!

5. goddessdivine says:

GREAT ad. Love it.

Jeff, I don't get it. Conservative bloggers, yourself including, had turned out enough material to turn Michelle Malkin's "Culture of Corruption" into a weekly periodical but there seemingly is no charge grave enough to stick to our Teflon President. I would suggest, at this point of time, to abandon your futile attempts to shed even more light onto the nest of cockroaches and leeches previously referred to as "the White House" – they are obviously light resistant – and start advertising good shooting ranges and ammo discounters. I could use some, and I'll be damned if we won't need them soon enough.

7. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

cheaperthandirt.com or MidwayUSA.com for ammunition, Rix. Or BudsGunShop.com or cdnnsports.com for guns.

I actually have a friend who reloads churning out a few boxes for me.

8. 300 yds says:

Rix, and Jeff, are right.
    Remember, squeeeezeeeeeee.