Jews, Israel and the Obama Administration

By Randy Wills
America’s Right

One of the things which struck me as I researched the linkages associated with President Obama and his administration was the exceptionally high–relative to the ethnic percentage of the U.S. population at large–number of Jews. This is also evident within the White House staff and Obama’s army of czars. I suppose that Why Are Jews Liberals?, Norman Podhoretz’s Wall Street Journal op-ed piece from September 10, 2009, should suffice to explain this anomaly (at least from my perspective, it’s an anomaly) but I’m still baffled by it.

As Podhoretz points out, Obama received 78 percent of the Jewish vote (I’ve heard higher), and this in spite of candidate Obama’s well-known Muslim-leaning heritage and stated tendencies to accommodate Muslim regimes. Now, I’m not sure that Obama is any more guilty of “Running with the Arabs” than George W. Bush (who can forget, after all, his and his family’s special relationship with Prince Bandar and the Saudi Royal Family?), but it is my impression that the Republicans–as well as candidate McCain, despite his many flaws–have held close a long-standing tradition of unequivocal support for Israel’s right to sovereignty over Jerusalem and the post-1967 territories. All of this notwithstanding, when it came to total percentage of vote in 2008, the Jewish population came in second only to African-Americans, who came out 94 percent in favor of Obama.

In looking at Obama’s support circle, I also found a disproportionate number of Jews who were members, directors, and financial supporters of many left-leaning political-action organizations — most notably, of course, the 800-pound gorilla on the international financial scene, George Soros. Go to Muckety.com and do a search on Mr. Soros and you will find that he has a hand in just about every progressive organization actively supporting Obama and his new global vision. If you have the time and are interested, just do a Wikipedia search on a few other entities which come to mind:

• The World Economic Forum
  • The Democracy Alliance
  • The Open Society Institute
  • The Carlyle Group

Even look at the Council on Foreign Relations, and you will find the same names showing up time after time. There are many other “exclusive” (“secret” might be too strong of a word, although I understand that you can get arrested in some foreign venues if you’re caught trying too hard to photograph meeting attendees for identification purposes) organizations that are devoted to world economic and governance issues, such as the Bilderberg Group. But vven the innocuous-sounding Conference on Foreign Relations, members of which include many well-known luminaries in national politics, finance, and media, launched a five-year program in 2008 entitled “International Institutions and Global Governance: World Order in the 21st Century.”

But I digress. What I’m interested in is the fact that many of us who have a strong spiritual relationship with the historical Israel do not see the same devotion to the cause of that nation on the part of many extremely wealthy and influential Jews in the U.S. In fact, I could find no trace of financial support for Israel coming from the Soros-led progressive Jewish community. It may be there — but if so, it is certainly well concealed from my prying eyes.

My conclusion is that many–perhaps most–modern-day Jews are fundamentally secular with a strong tendency towards progressivism and do not have the same regard for the Biblical perspective, including God’s special relationship with and future plans for Israel that we Christians do. But let’s not be hypocritical; Jews have been persecuted and disparaged by Christians for eons, so I claim no particular righteousness in this respect for my chosen religion.

In fact, it may well be said that many Christians are enamored with the idea of the Biblical Israel but when it comes to the Jews themselves that’s something else, and for that we will be held accountable.

However, I am in the camp of Joel Rosenberg and his Joshua Fund that provides for the physical needs of the common person in Israel (and yes, the needy Palestinian person as well). How easy it is to forget the parable of the Good Samaritan and the admonition to “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

And that’s why I’m venturing into a subject that others are obviously much better qualified than I to address. Nevertheless, I believe that we, as Constitutional Conservatives, have an obligation to give both verbal and financial support to Israel. Personally, I am angry at the equivocation demonstrated by the Obama administration towards Israel’s safety in the face of Iran’s threat to “wipe them off the face of the earth” and, as a U.S. citizen who fears for our own country, I think that we should make every effort to stand with the Netanyahu-led government and people of Israel.

As I have mentioned in the past, my wife and I regularly contribute to the Joshua Fund, but I’m sure that there are other organizations that are worthy of financial support. That being said, I would like to encourage the readers of America’s Right to join with me in showing our solidarity with the people of Israel in these precarious times.

—————
Randy Wills lives in the Northwest with his wife of over 52 years and divides his time between his role as Operations Manager of a software development business founded with his son in 2002 and maintaining close contact with his extended family. Both he and his wife are avid readers and spend as much time as they can together reading and engaging in deep discussion of history, religion, and politics. For recreation, Randy and his wife like to “get away” in their RV.

Comments

Randy,

It seems to me that you are failing to distingish the difference between Jews and Israelis. My mother is German. My father is English. During WWII my relatives fought on both sides of the war. Both families are devout Christians. It sounds like you are saying that my English father should have supported the German cause because he was Chritian and so were the majority of the Germans (of course`the argument could easily be made that my mother should have supported the English because she is a Christian, as are the majority
    of the English.
    What, in your mind, makes ther Jews so much different that the Christians? Why should Soros support an Israeli government solely because he is Jewish?
    I think the US support of Israel is the primary reason we are hated in the Arab world.
    I see no reason why I, or my country should back the Israelis. I do however, think that JEWS should be protected.

Chuck

I have a feeling that I have already piped in on two issues: 1) the reason why "Manhattan Jews" are so rabidly liberal, and 2) my not-so-high opinion of Joshua Fund. I'll repeat the main points.

"Manhattan Jews" is a loose term covering people of Jewish or partly Jewish origin who live in metropolitan areas and are, as a rule, professionals of legal, financial or art-related sort. They are descendants of the great wave of religious Euro-Jewish immigrants that came seeking refuge from Christian oppression and climbed up the social ladder thanks to their Torah-honed minds and tradition-nurtured souls. A few generations down the line, their children deal with the sharp contrast between the expectations of social rank and mediocre personal capabilities. This contrast is a fertile soil for many a perversion, liberalism among them.

As for Joshua Fund, I repeat my utter disdain for any organization that mentions "its neighbors" on equal terms with Israel on its charity list. I had to deal with the bipedal trash inhabiting Yehuda, Shomron and Gaza Strip on numerous occasions and most of them do not deserve anything except a .223 bullet.

3. Randy Wills says:

Thanks, Chuck and Rix, for your feedback. I knew that I would get some strong response to my article, but I sincerely want to explore things that I don't feel that I have sufficient understanding of.

To explain myself further, I would have to make this a religious, or theological, discussion and that is not what AR is about. Let it simply be said that all that I believe in, as a Christian, has its roots in Israel and the Jewish people. Why, then, should I not be deeply concerned when it is the stated goal of the Muslim nations to wipe Israel off the face of the earth or to drive them into the sea?

As for why we are "hated in the Arab world", that is a typical liberal canard. Could it be that they hate both Israel and the U.S. because we are both democratic, non-Muslim, nations and they have been humiliated by Israel's – and the United States' – superiority, both militarily and economically?

Call it what you may, but my respect for Israel – and the Jewish race – is inseparable from my Christian faith. I guess that's what makes me tick.

As for the Joshua Fund, it is simply the avenue that we have chosen to show our support for the Israeli people. I'm sure, Rix, that there are other means more suitable to your perspective.

Randy

It amazes me that so much rabid hatred towards a nation of 7 million and world jewery continues to this day.But no one asks what has the Muslim world offered civilization the last one hundred years?Im asking countries where anti-semetism is rabid,and a distraction used for centuries to cover up their own leaders failings.America and Israel arent hated because of what weve done.Its the Constitution.Its human rights.Its the idea that we dont act like barbarians to one another.The Hamas charter as well as Fatah calls for the destruction of Jews and Israel.Ill repeat that,Jews and Israel.So it is irrelevant if your a liberal or dhimmi jew.A muslim master will decide if you live or die.(Slavery anyone?)
    With that type of ideology ill fight first and die standing up than live on my knees.I bow to no man regardless of religious faith.

Joshua,
    Canada

5. BATTLE OF JERICHO says:

Right on Joshua!

6. Still a Patriot says:

Hello Randy -

I am in agreement with you & I also worry what Obama will do next in this situation. I only hope that Israel knows that he does not represent the majority of Americans. I believe in God's promise that whoever blesses Israel He will bless – the reverse is also true.

Susan

Randy:

Since YOU brought up the CFR, I will go further.

Globalism (or the New World Order) has infected the highest levels of virtually every country's governments on this earth. Globalists have infiltrated every part of society: government, education, business, military, and religious groups. So when we talk about the Jews, I think much confusion could be avoided if people could realize that there are TRUE JEWS and there are FALSE JEWS. The false Jews are secular and Jew in name only. They are central bankers, politicians, heads of corporations, etc. They hide behind the true Jewish people for cover and cry "anti-Semitism" for their defense. They no more appreciate or care for true Jews anymore than Muslims do. They even exist in the Israeli government itself! These people have great power and wealth and very evil motives…more power and wealth embodied in global control.

Globalists come from all nationalities, and are not all Jewish, obviously. The Bush's are two obvious examples. Globalism is the least talked about or understood threat to of our time. I wish more people would do their research!

I have done much study and research regarding these things, and they are well-documented.

Further, what globalists must do to achieve their new world order is to create and/or use incessant "unwinnable" wars to foment chaos, terror, fear, and anomisity to gain more control and diminish individual liberties. The Jewish/Muslim conflict is real, I admit…but it is being used as a tool to further the globalist agenda.

I am a Christian, also, and I do know that God will protect a remnant of Israel. But Israel WILL be attacked eventually. I do not relish that thought, and I support God's true people. But we must realize that, like in our own government and society, there exist wolves in sheep's clothing that call themselves Jews, but are as much Jew as Hitler was Christian.

The global elites will use the middle east crisis as long as it serves their purposes. We must be careful not to fall into their traps. People must expand their field of vision beyond this conflict…it is a global conflict, and will most likely result in much devastation. The Muslim agenda to conquer THE WORLD is very real, but someday the globalists will deal with them. Right now, they serve a very specific purpose of stirring up violence and turmoil. But the new world order will not allow them to promote their religion permanently, because the roots of globalism is very atheistic and new age in origin.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Lisa in TX

8. Randy Wills says:

To Susan and Lisa:

I really appreciate your thoughtful comments and your willingness to share the insights that you have gained through serious research. And, Susan, we think alike regarding God's plan for Israel. They may have rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah, but God has not rejected Israel for all time. (See Rom.11:29. This is a promise made specifically to Israel, not to the Gentiles.)

And Lisa, I think that you have done your homework well. I firmly believe that once the U.S. and Israel are reduced to rubble or subdued in some other way, then the internicine battle between the various factions of the "New World Order" will begin.

And from all of the comments that I have received, I think that my mistake is in how I preceive "Jewishness". I see it as an inseparable term encompassing nationality, religion, and race, whereas many Jews see themselves only as a race, and hence care little for the religious role that they, and Israel, play in the unfolding of world events.

Neither do they see themselves as a nationality. which means that they have no special regard for the nation of Israel. Otherwise, how could the Emanuels and the Axelrods of the Obama administration co-exist with Obama's mid-East policies.

My wife is calling me for lunch, so I'd better run, but thanks again for all of the comments to my piece. I learn from each one of you.

Randy