Grab a sippy cup, sit down, and shut up.

I need to take a moment to address this mental midget.

Congressman Grayson:

First, I’d like a third party to take a look at the paper you scooped up thinking that it was a GOP plan for health care reform. You argued that it was blank. I’d argue that you’re probably illiterate and wouldn’t know the difference.

Second, your delivery was awful. Amateurish at best. George Carlin is dead, and he could have delivered your joke of a speech far better than you did.

Third, if your interpretation of the Republican Party plan for health care is “die quickly,” then my interpretation of the Democrats’ plan is “die cheaply.” There are only two places for the Democrats to find money to pay for their health care reform — Medicare cuts and reduction in spending for end-of-life care. Explain that to the seniors in your district. Whose plan is it, exactly, that is encouraging death?

Fourth, back in August you actually admitted that “roughly one-third of all the files the government has in its possession are lost … that’s a fact.” So how, exactly, can you argue that the government is qualified in any way, shape or form to run one-sixth of the nation’s economy? How, exactly, can you argue that the very people who cannot effectively run a congressional cafeteria can manage care for every American? Please.

Congressman Grayson, I have a three-step plan for you:

1. Pack up your office. Your number is up in a little more than thirteen months. The American people can see and smell what you and your party has been shoveling, and they don’t want it anymore.
  2. Find a real job. I don’t know your history. I don’t know if you’ve ever worked in the private sector, but here’s a clue — stupid, childish displays like the one you just manufactured on the House floor are not well tolerated in businesses that actually need to report a profit.
  3. Try Hooked-On-Phonics. The Republicans have been touting a plan for a while now, including tort reform, opening up interstate competition among private insurance companies and other measures that will facilitate a free-market approach to health care, not stifle it. Perhaps if you were able to read, you would have seen it on the “blank” piece of paper you scooped up following your Dear Leader’s speech to Congress. Either way, standing on the House floor and stating as fact that no ideas have been provided by the GOP is downright irresponsible. To quote Congressman Joe Wilson: “You lie.”

Get a life. I don’t care how you do it. Quit wasting taxpayer money on your childish games, posterboard, office space and salary. Wasn’t it Steny Hoyer who spoke about conduct which reflects positively on the U.S. House of Representatives? I’d be ashamed to see your venom, ignorance and stupidity in my child’s pre-school classroom. Grow up.

Sincerely,

Jeff Schreiber
America’s Right

Certainly not my most eloquent work. And perhaps it was even a bit harsh. But frankly, I’m growing tired of the left’s overt refusal to debate health care reform on the merits, to actually argue and hash out details within the bills they’re pushing. Now, I’ve never been a blanket apologist for the Republican Party, but during the course of this health care debate one party has been working to educate the American people about the contents of the various bills and proposals while the other party has been working overtime to conceal them. It has been the Democrats who have refused to provide transparency, who have blatantly sold fraudulent misrepresentations and omissions to the American people, and yet they accuse the Republicans of reckless gamesmanship? It’s got to stop.

And then we have Congressman Alan Grayson, who instead of addressing actual concerns about citizenship verification, federal funding for abortions, and adverse changes for seniors wasted how much taxpayer money on his childish little display? Even if it was $25 at the Capitol Hill Office Depot, it was too much. Send that money to a senior who needs to pay for a prescription, or a soldier’s wife who just wants to bring their kids to Pizza Hut.

Die quickly. Unbelievable. If it weren’t sickeningly ignorant and coming from a member of a political party knowingly advancing a plan that would result in rationed care for our sick and elderly, it would be funny. But it’s not. It’s not funny at all. And I’ll do everything I can to ensure that it is Congressman Grayson’s political career which dies quickly. I’m no doctor, but I give it only a little more than a year.

Comments

1. whats_up says:

With all due respect that same level of criticism can be leveled at the Republcian party and thier cheap tactics during this so called "health care debate". What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

2. ...start handing out the pink slips says:

Was there any sort of response to this? The America that was naaive enough to vote for Chairman "O" are definately succeptible to these lies. This is just wrong. We need to fire the whole bunch and start over with a fresh group in congress that is looking out for the people instead of blindly pushing personal agendas.

3. John Feeny says:

Jeff -
    If you and the other writers don't stop this, I'm gonna take up smoking. I'm serious.

That was great. I need a cigarette.

Like I've been saying – children.

4. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Enlighten me, whats-up. Please.

But I warn you … I'm not in the mood right now for BS.

Normally, I'm no blanket apologist for the GOP. On health care, though, there has been one party that has been educating the people on what exactly is contained within these bills, and another party that has worked overtime to conceal the facts.

Enlighten me.

Wow Jeff:

It appears that one of your readers "whats_up" is really not reading your articles.

I really would like to hear some intellectual discussion as well from that party.

I want that t-shirt that says "annoy a liberal–use facts and logic!"

mmm

The best letter I've read in a month! Awesome job, right on point, and much needed!!! Keep it up!

7. whats_up says:

Appreciate the opportunity. Lets look at this quote from Rep Foxx (R-NC) on Dem proposals

"put seniors in a position of being put to death by their government."

8. SHOW EM THE DOOR says:

Clean House 2010
    435 NEW congressmen

Even if the new bunch contains idiots, we can do it again in 2 years. They have to get the message that they work for us and that those positions are NOT careers.

I agree with you 100%. One party is lying.
    However, unlike you,I believe the Republicans are liars (maybe not liars just tellers of untruths). Thank goodness the Democrats in power. At least one party is addressing actual concerns and telling the truth. After eight long years we finally got our country back.

Chuck

10. Dee says:

I love this website. However, like John Feeney, everytime I read it, I feel like I should take up smoking or drinking, wild and crazy sex, or some other vice. These articles are great, as are the authors and those who comment. I understand that the GOP has responded to this. This is the first time I have seen the video. I am really, really tired of the denial from the Democrats and the lack of transparency. Thank you all for your contributions.

11. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Whats up:

Great choice in terms of quotes. Foxx's terminology leaves much to be desired, but if you look at the care being denied to seniors under similar systems across the world, you'll see that at the very least the heart of this statement is true.

It's important to remember that each of the reform measures proposed by the Democrats–in fact the very idea of health care reform itself–draws from a book written by Tom Daschle. (http://www.amazon.com/Critical-What-About-Health-Care-Crisis/dp/0312383010/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234118804&sr=8-1)

The goal of Daschle’s book, see, is to delay the development and use of newer medications and technologies because of the effect on health care costs. And when it comes to managing costs (certainly the primary concern with any sweeping reform), Daschle has praised Europeans for being more willing to accept “hopeless diagnoses” and “forgo experimental treatments,” while at the same time deriding Americans for expecting too much from their health care system.

Daschle has written that reform will not be free of stress and pain, and actually wrote that seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. This same sentiment was echoed by President Obama during the ABC special a few months ago, when he said that sometimes, seniors should just take the painkiller and forego the surgery out of concern for rising health care costs.

Cost management can only come from one end — end-of-life care. The Democrats have designated new government entities charged with managing cost and care. The same sort of mechanism was discussed by Daschle in his book, too, in which he advocated for a Federal Health Council modeled after a rationing board in the UK.

Decisions are made by that board–the acronym for it, I believe, is N.I.C.E.–on whether a treatment should be approved or rejected through use of a formula which divides the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit from the treatment. Therefore, treatments for younger patients are more often approved than treatments for diseases which affect the elderly, such as osteoporosis. The government, therefore, is in the position where it denies care that would be otherwise available in a system like that which we enjoy now.

The government may not actually pull the plug on granny, but they deny life-saving care.

I cannot repeat it enough — the reform being pushed by the Democrats simply cannot be paid for by reducing government waste. If it could have, it would have been done already. Therefore, the American federal government will be in the same position that the Canadian authority is in, setting quotas each fiscal year for how many of certain types of treatments are allowed for the population.

My turn to ask a question or two, whats up:

If we are so critically, desperately in need of health care reform, and if the people will like it so much, why wouldn't it be implemented until 2013 under the present bill? Why not implement it now? Is it possible that the president doesn't want the political fallout?

12. goddessdivine says:

And yet another great letter that ought to be sent to its addressee. You know how to throw a verbal punch.

13. goddessdivine says:

Chuck, I wonder if you'll be saying such things when this country is bankrupt, we've been attacked, and our liberties have been stripped right before our eyes.

14. John Feeny says:

Chuck -
    You left a bit of Kool-Aid at the bottom of the jug.

Certainly eloquent, mildly funny and way, way too kind on the arrogant, brainless vomit bag a.k.a. as Rep. Grayson. Where do Democrats find these cockroaches?

16. Lilly says:

Jeff-
    I had a hard time getting past "mental midget"! I loved your letter and couldn't agree more. Where's the outrage? where's the Wilson treatment? Reprimand this imbecile! In regards to whats-up & Chuck, you know you're site is getting to some people when the kool-aid drinkers start showing up and posting! Keep it up!

17. lewis4645 says:

Dear Anonymous # ?. I would definitely buy that t-shirt!!

18. Claudia says:

when I heard that clip from Grayson, I wanted to throw up, I mean that guy is so far OFF BASE and incoherent that it is possible he can't handle his job anymore and I would recommend that the people who live in his state should look into having him removed from office for Mental Incompetience and being a Mental Midget. Straight jackets and padded cells are in order for that man.

19. carder says:

Folks, I live in Grayson's district, and I have been to his office twice.

He was not in FL either of those visits, but I, along with other citizens, have expressed our concerns regarding healthcare reform. This was before his buffoonry was put on display.

So I see his drama, and I sadly realize/accept that his friendly, smiling staff was just a show, because at the end of the day he could care less.

He knows his local support is not where it needs to be, so trying to look like a political renegade will doubtless bring on the progressive donations from around the country.

I could go on, but suffice it to say, his congressional days are numbered.

As someone who is deeply involved in the Orlando Tea Party organizing team, I can assure you that we are mobilized and ready to blow the lid off his peanut butter jar. Tomorrow at noon, in fact. At Orlando City Hall.

Stay tuned…

20. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Carder — FANTASTIC!!

If I can ask … please distribute my letter. I can't be there, personally, in Orlando, and it would make my week knowing that part of me was down there.

21. HIYA MICKEY says:

Don't take him Mickey ears, maybe some Goofey ears.

22. Jan says:

While I tire of both Democrat and Republican antics I would really like more focus put on the proposals offered up in regards to healthcare that Democrats continue to shoot down. By the way, I have removed myself from any party affiliation as none of them seem to care about "we the people". I am not a Democrat, a Republican, a Progressive, or an Independant. I am an AMERICAN and will show my support for all things truly American, not all things politically advantageous.

23. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

That was outstanding!!! Did you send this to him? If not, you should.

Jan -
    I'm with you 100%!

Susan

24. PEME says:

Jeff:
    You letter to Congressman Grayson was absolutely, positively, on target. I applaud your eloquence and think that you should run for office…no, wait, strike that. I wouldn't want to see you sully yourself that way. Congratulations on seeing him throw down the gauntlet, and picking it up to beat him across the chops with it.

One other point for what's up.

If Obama and the Dems were SO concerned about health care and people not having insurance, why didn't they do this in Jan of 09 before they did anything else?

Why was this not even really being discussed six months ago?

This 'crisis' didn't become one until Obama made it one. Yes, it needs fixing but are there bodies being buried in mass graves, piling up in the streets or filling up the morgues in the hospitals? Is anyone not able to get health care at all because there are no doctors availble? That would be a crisis.

This is just a takeover staightup, plain and simple.