‘It’s only going to hurt for a moment…’

Assigned Reading: Mandatory Flu Vaccinations Splits Workers
(FROM: Newsday)

I’m actually at school right now, writing this during a five-minute break from a economics-heavy class which is kicking my posterior, but this particular article caught my attention in its prominent spot at the Drudge Report.

In particular, this part really got to me:

The opponents also say it’s wrong that all five swine flu vaccine makers contracting with the federal government have been indemnified against lawsuits if someone gets sick or dies.

This is the first I’ve heard of such an indemnification agreement, and even now I don’t know if this is a system- or state-specific provision. Admittedly, I need to look into it further. Should this be true, however, the prospect is just downright wrong.

Yes, health care workers are subject to greater risk due to their proximity to sick folks, but forcing them to be vaccinated with a vaccine that (a) has been rushed to market for (b) a malady that could very well be overblown for political reasons just doesn’t sit right with me — above and beyond the inherent problem I have with government forcing people to be immunized.

My wife and I have already decided that we will not have our daughter immunized against swine flu. My wife, a nurse, is all too aware of the possible adverse health consequences; me, a political skeptic, is all too aware of the interest that The Powers That Be would have in making Swine Flu as big a perceived problem as possible. (Please note the poll on the right side of the screen.)

The other issue here is a bit bigger in scope. The state government in New York has, out of concern that health care workers would contract and transmit the swine flu, mandated a health care procedure, in this case a vaccination with a less than stellar history. Once the Democrats pass health care reform and the government option (whether an actual government plan or a government-funded and -run co-op) descends into a single-payer system as the Democratic Party leadership would like, the federal government becomes on the hook for health care costs in America. Is it so much of a stretch to think that the federal government, in years down the road, could require similar vaccinations or other procedures of all Americans, under the guise of reducing the risk–real or imagined–of the malady du jour? Do we really want the government involved that much in our lives?

Comments

All vaccine makers get this protection from lawsuits or they would not make vaccines as there is no profit margin since most of the doses are given out free.

2. Bodenzee says:

A couple weeks ago I met with my physician. I asked if flu vaccine was available. It was and I received it. We then chatted about H1N1 vaccination. He's not doing it. His comment was that "the last time the US rushed through a swine flu vaccine (c. 1976) 'we' killed more people than would have died had they contracted swine flu."

Tomorrow morning I'm having breakfast with my state rep to discuss legislation regarding forced immunization. It is wrong.

You have expressed my fears exactly. It will go this way: you must have health insurance or you will be taxed (fined), if you don't pay the fine you will be imprisoned, and then it will follow: that you must have the shot (or procedure) or you must not smoke, etc,–or you cannot have health insurance. And round we go.

5. Chuck in San Diego says:

Be careful. I've seen reports that all the flu strains are being given in one mix. In some cases you can't just get the Influenza B and bypass the Influenza A (H1N1) – you'll get it in a cocktail.

You might want to check with your kids' school for their anticipated plan. Consult with the PTA to see if they're involved also.

——————
    URL to US government website explaining liability issues:

——————
    The LA Times article on "confused parents" and the risks of the virus and its vaccine.

——————
    Fox News: Doctor Admits Vaccine Is More Deadly Than Swine Flu Itself & Will Not Give It To His Kids

——————
    CBS " 60 MINUTES" documentary on the swine flu epidemics of 1976 in the U.S. It went on air only once and was never shown again. Please look at this, it talks by itself.

————–

All I can say is this. Research and verify before deciding to take or not take the H1N1 Vaccine, then do some more research and sleep on it. If you decide to take the vaccine, question your Doctor. Ask him for a list of all the possible side effects. Has he and all his staff taken the vaccine? If not, Why? Will he recommend it to you or your children in writing? If not, why?

Look folks, some of my own family members and I disagree on this. I'm 60 years old and have never taken a flu shot, nor have I ever had the flu. I figure, if it's not broke, don't fix it. My parents, on the other hand, have had the flu – but not since they started taking flu shots in the 1980's and they are in perfect health.

Swine Flu is a rerun from 1976.
    Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASibLqwVbsk
    Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Bvf9AaC-4

BTW, I agree with Jeff as do my Son and Daughter in Law – regarding my Grandson.

There are five Navy ships which have turned around because of the widespread flu on board after the crew's having received the vaccine. There have been deaths, and information has come from some of the wives of the seamen.
    – Well, here's something I found on it, with the link to the story:

UPDATE: H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Test Reportedly Infects Entire U.S. Naval Vessel, Kills Captain and Chief Petty Officer – also THREE OTHER U.S. NAVAL SHIPS reported to be under similar at-sea quarantine

September 25, 2009 at 10:52 am (Uncategorized)

[Ed note: We are waiting to see just exactly *what* these Navy sailors were injected with - and what the exact specifics are regarding names of ships and those infected and deceased. With multiple sources from different areas reporting basically the same information to a few different folks we are in contact with, we are fairly certain this story is genuine - however not 100 percent certain. If this is a hoax, it sure is one hell of a complex effort to create a falsehood in order to discredit some researchers. Time will tell. Anyone with specifics to add with any means of cross-checking is encouraged to email in a reply or call-in to Dr Deagle toll-free 24/7 at 888-212-8871.]

=======================

Just submitted to Dr Ott from Lt Col Carmen Reynolds at the end of the 2nd hour of today’s NutriMedical Report and read aloud on-air:

Received from a Naval source – name withheld

Names of Navy ships in Task Force: I believe you can start here.

1) USS Boxer LHD

2) USS Lake Champlain CG 57

3) USS Comstock LSD 45

4) USS New Orleans LPD 15

5) USS Gridley FFG

This would be the USS Boxer Amphibious Battle Ready Group, Those assigned:

1) 13 MEU : Marine Expeditionary

2) HMM 163: Marine Medium Helicopter

3) Combat Battalion Logistics 13

4) Battalion Landing Team 1/1

5) HSC-21 Navy aviation

6) Naval Beach 1

I believe these are the folks your (sic) looking for………. If you have family contacts let us know and we will engage.

[again this is a list of *possibles* and we are awaiting full confirmation]

There's more at the same link as above:

Courtesy of Bob Chapman of The International Forecaster

Subject: Vital data about US Navy results of swine flu vaccine on ship

Data gleaned indirectly from anonymous testimony of Navy wives of the affected crew via the internet radio show A Marine Disquisition http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/1362067 :

1. Unnamed US Navy vessel put to sea in April with 347 man crew.
    2. Entire crew was vaccinated with H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine shortly after they put to sea.
    3. Crew sickened so severely that other ships had to respond to render aid. 16 Medical Dr.s put aboard from an unnamed aircraft carrier and other responding vessels. Total of 50 Navy personnel sent aboard to respond to crisis.
    4. Two of the crew of 347 died – including the Captain of the ship (a Lieutenant Commander) and a Chief Petty Officer.
    5. 50 personnel sent aboard to help are quarantined in Navy hospital in Balboa, Spain after 10 of them caught the flu from the ship’s crew. Two of the 50 quarantined are in serious condition at last report.
    6. Of the 347 man crew that were vaccinated, 333 contracted the H1N1 flu FROM THE VACCINE. Two died, as mentioned above, and 331 survived. Only 14 of the 347 vaccinated sailors did not show any ill effects from the vaccine.
    7. Navy has threatened all the spouses of the ship’s crew to remain silent – claiming all this information is classified. Some are whistle-blowing and that is where this information is coming from.
    8. On the unnamed aircraft carrier that provided assistance, 415 sailors contracted the swine flu and are currently quarantined onboard.

PLEASE pass this email along. The truth is that the swine flu epidemic will be created BY THE VACCINE. If we don’t take it, there will be no epidemic. From this one test it’s apparent that the vaccine as tested on that ship’s crew in April is 96% effective at infecting the recipient with swine flu. Such an infection rate is impossible to achieve by any natural means. Though it only killed 1% immediately, there is no telling what the long term effects on those injected with the vaccine will be. See the research on the long term effects of the 1976 swine flu vaccine, and the Gulf War anthrax vaccine programs for more information.

Also note that mere contact with those that have been vaccinated creates a 20% chance of you contracting the swine flu even if you have not been vaccinated.

Please pass this data along to anyone you care about!

VIDEO: Navy Soldiers are dying from swine flu shot

CAPTAIN, CPO DEAD AFTER SWINE FLU SHOTS

The Navy ship that has been under quarantine for almost a month now
    is due to return tomorrow. All crew were given the vaccine and
    everyone got sick which resulted in the quarantine. The captain of
    the ship and the chief petty officer are confirmed deceased and the ship is now under command of a new captain.

Crew are reported to have had fevers lasting 5-6 days with
    paralyzing fevers of over 104 degrees.

(This is what I was looking for when I found the previous post. I just didn't realize that I had not copied all of it. – Gail)

As a nurse, I have to take the flu shot. Not sure about the Swine shot being mandatory yet. Oh, of course they've told us the flu shot isn't mandatory….but is required to work there. *huh?* Love the double talk.

10. Leah says:

My kids had their check ups last week. The doctor (who is also my friend) asked if I wanted to do the flu shot and H1N1. I said yes to the flu, but no to the H1N1. He said it is just a flu shot, but I said how it wasn't tested long enough. My own doctor told me years and years ago, never get a medicine within the first three years. There was a brand new medicine out then that I really, really wanted. He wouldn't give it to me. He told me wait at least one year, and see how it does with the general public. I waited the 3 years like he said. (BTW, that medicine I stopped taking; it only has a success rate of 15%, and insurance doesn't cover it.) I then mentioned the medication they gave infants (against roto-virus). He conceded that I was correct. They rushed to give it to kids, and then discovered it caused blockages. They ended up pulling it off the shelves of doctor's offices. He said they replaced a while later with a similar drug that was tested completely. That one works fine.

I also don't think getting the swine flu is the end of the world. I think it will build up immunities in our bodies. Better to get it now, than later if it mutates into a killer germ. But than again, I am just a right-winged extremist who doesn't want the government messing in my life.

11. Chuck in San Diego says:

Gail B, not sure about the veracity of the reporting of sailors going to Balboa, Spain for quarantine. The USS Boxer is a West Coast ship based out of San Diego, CA….so I suspect they meant Balboa Naval Medical Center in San Diego.

What I heard was that the Boxer Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) was hit by the virus in mid-July prior to their port call in Pearl Harbor.

I haven't heard much from my Navy friends here in San Diego concerning this. I suspect that it is something that has been embellished several times over. Being an ex-sailor I would divide everything by 3 and then subtract 5 to get a realistic answer.

I don't see a problem – well, at least not an immediate one – with indemnifying vaccine makers. They don't have a decade to navigate through the obstacle course FDA maintains for drug development companies, and if things go hairy, potential liabilities will be in billions, possibly trillions considering the scale. No underwriter can risk such burden, not even the Treasury. So the choice for us the consumers is between a relatively cheap but "litigation free" vaccine and no vaccine at all.

As for the safety and/or efficacy of this particular H1N1 vaccine, I don't have a clue. I know I won't immunize anyone in my family but that's my personal choice, not a scientific opinion.

13. Lilly says:

If you live in MA, I suggesting moving -FAST! This is really scary
    I dare them try to force me or my family to take a shot or take my kid away!

14. Amy says:

I don't think the gov't should make this vaccine mandatory. We should be allowed to do research and come to our own conclusions.

This vaccine has not been tested thoroughly and taking a new medication of any kind is a greater risk than taking something tried and true.

However, after reading Ted Rall's (yes, the uber liberal…I read his column that calls for Obama to resign and found his H1N1 horror story) recent article from 9/24/2009 about his bout with H1N1, I have to say that H1N1 sounds far worse than the normal flu. He was actually coughing up blood and his hands were turning blue.

It's a tough decision to make but we should have the right to make it ourselves.

15. ecrunner says:

Well, for those that are looking to take this shot, I would think it is to their discretion to take it, knowing what the mercury level is. It should be up to the nurse to tell the patient.

I have never had a flu shot. Come get me Barry.

Dr. Mercola has lots of information available at http://www.mercola.com .

(Chuck — "I report–you decide.")

From http//libertycalling.com

"Vaccine Inoculation: Eugenicists’ Current Strategy for Population Reduction?

"UPDATE: H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Test Infects Entire U.S. Naval Vessel, Kills Captain and Chief Petty Officer – also THREE OTHER U.S. NAVAL SHIPS reported to be under similar at-sea quarantine (NOW CONFIRMED) New

"Labvirus.com, September 25, 2009

"LC Editor’s Comment: This is the story behind the news story originally brought to you in sanitized form by CBS News and other mainstream news services several days ago. Those news services reported only that sailors aboard several U.S. Navy vessel had come down with and were sick with H1N1 swine flu, suggesting falsely that they had been infected with the pandemic strain through contact with already infected personnel and giving credence to the WHO position that everyone should be inoculated the H1N1 vaccine to avoid infection. Chalk up one plug by CBS for the vaccine manufacturers and their H1N1 inoculation brew.

"Make sure listen to the interview of Bob Chapman by Drew Raines of Wind Talkers Radio last Thursday (September 24) in which this and other topics are discussed. Raines a retired USMC Major, broadcaster, and news website publisher, maintains close communication contact with literally thousand of active duty Marines stationed around the world, which often gives him an edge over regular news services on reporting events related to overseas military activities."

And, I thought up above that it was five ships, but it appears that there were *only four!*

19. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

I have never taken a flu shot & never will. I have been taking 2000units of Vitamin D3 to bolster my immune system. Check out vitamindcouncil.org.

Makes me wonder – troops in Afghanistan under orders that hinder their success, killing off Naval personnel with vaccinations, declare some sort of manufactured crisis, & call in UN troops to maintain order…am I being paranoid?

Check out the Oathkeepers website, please.

Susan