State-Sponsored Tyranny

Obama administration pushes for State Department contribution of $400,000 in taxpayer money to organizations run by Libyan leader’s son, daughter.

Illinois Republican Rep. Mark Kirk petitions the president to withdraw his administration’s request to provide $400,000 to the son and daughter of Muammar Qaddafi.

It’s not enough that our own president gave the speech that he did yesterday. It’s not enough that he sounded like a Central American dictator, or that if another leader had come from another country and said what Obama said about America at the United Nations, our own delegation would likely have stood up and walked out (in better times, at least). Now, Andy McCarthy over at National Review is reporting that the president has requested the State Department to contribute $400,000 to a foundation operated by Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi’s two children. From McCarthy’s report:

The Obama administration has notified Congress of the State Department’s intention to contribute $400,000 to foundations run by Muammar Qaddafi’s two children — $200,000 each for daughter Aisha and son Saif. Saif, you may recall, is the son who escorted the Lockerbie terrorist Abdel Baset al-Megrahi home to a hero’s welcome in Libya after President Obama sternly “warned” Qaddafi that there was to be no hero’s welcome.

According to information released by the office of Illinois Republican Congressman Mark Kirk, member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on State-Foreign Relations, “the State Department notified Congress on September 15, 2009, of its intent to provide $200,000 to Saif Qaddafi’s foundation (Qaddafi Development Foundation) and another $200,000 expected to go to an organization run by Muammar Qaddafi’s daughter, Aisha (Wa’ettasemo) and the UNDP,” where she serves as a goodwill ambassador for her father’s country. Kirk penned a letter to the president, urging him to reconsider.

“Just weeks after the Qaddafi family celebrated the return of a terrorist responsible for the murders of 189 Americans, the U.S. taxpayer should not be asked to reward them with $400,000,”wrote Kirk. “For the sake of the victims’ families who have endured so much pain these last few weeks, I ask you to withdraw your Administration’s request.”

If the money is to be construed as an award, then it should be noted that Abdel Baset al-Megrahi served approximately eleven days in prison for each of the 270 lives he snuffed out in the bombing of that Pan-Am 747, and now, it seems, Barack Obama has given the family of those ultimately responsible roughly $1,500 for each.

Or, if it seems a little sensational to insinuate that the $400,000 contribution is some sort of reward, consider this question: What else could it be? A “thank you” to Qaddafi for saying such wonderful things about America at the UN yesterday? Another way for Obama to snub the hapless British PM (who, if you remember, left his first meeting with the new American president with only a satchel of DVD movies which weren’t configured for European DVD players)? Highly unlikely on both accounts — the latter is silly, and the request for the contribution came well before Qaddafi’s rambling address to the UN yesterday.

Either way, here’s an American president who just yesterday questioned the legitimacy of Israeli settlements, who a few months ago equated the horrors of the Holocaust with the inconvenience of the Palestinians wandering the desert without a home for sixty years, who took weeks to condemn election-related violence in Iran, who continues to side with an ousted former Honduran president with dictatorial aspirations, who has left Poland and the Czech Republic–our own allies–high and dry in favor of pandering to our enemies — and now, only weeks after strongly condemning the release of al-Megrahi, he’s actually hopes to directly fund them, directly send money to the progeny of the tyrant behind the death of 270 people, 189 of which were Americans.

And where do you think that State Department money comes from? As McCarthy and Kirk both point out, it certainly isn’t coming from Obama’s wallet. That’s right — it’s coming from you and from me. When you get your pay stub this week, take a look at the difference between gross and net income, and feel great that a fraction of that difference is going straight into the hands of Muammar Qaddafi’s two children.

Rep. Mark Kirk’s letter to the president:

September 23, 2009

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, D.C.

Dear Mr. President:

Earlier today, Libyan leader Muammar el-Qaddafi stood before the United Nations General Assembly and called the U.N. Security Council a “Terror Council.” Qaddafi went on to suggest the State of Israel was behind the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and that the H1N1 flu might be a military or corporate weapon.

Last month, when Scotland freed Abel Baset Megrahi, the only man convicted in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, Qaddafi greeted him with a hero’s welcome. As you know, Megrahi was accompanied back to Libya by Qaddafi’s son, Saif, who was involved in the negotiations for Megrahi’s release.

At the time, you expressed your disappointment over Megrahi’s release and called it a mistake. Attorney General Holder said, “There is simply no justification for releasing this convicted terrorist whose actions took the lives of 270 individuals, including 189 Americans.”

That is why, as a member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on State-Foreign Operations, I was disturbed by a congressional notification dated September 15, 2009 (enclosed), informing our Committee of the State Department’s intent to provide $200,000 to Saif Qaddafi’s foundation and another $200,000 to an organization run by Muammar Qaddafi’s daughter, Aisha.

Just weeks after the Qaddafi family celebrated the return of a terrorist responsible for the murders of 189 Americans, the U.S. taxpayer should not be asked to reward them with $400,000. For the sake of the victims’ families who have endured so much pain these last few weeks, I ask you to withdraw your Administration’s request.

Sincerely,

Mark Steven Kirk
Member of Congress

The relevant sections from the State Department’s congressional notification:

Comments

I am ignorant of the law, but wouldn't this constitute some type of impeachable treason ?

2. Dee says:

Does anyone have to approve this first? Not that it matters. BO does what he wants and if he is not allowed, then it must be for racial reasons. How much longer?

3. William A. Rose says:

I don't know if this would constitute impeachable treason. Obama should be considered a criminal and should be prosecuted. Passionately.

Obama is a usurper to the office of POTUS and is surrounded, somehow beyond my understanding, with enough pople that insulate him from everything.

Obama will destroy this country. And We The People are going to let it happen – short of a fighting, bloody revolution.

I don't want to see such a thing ever happen, but I fear it's just almost imminent.

4. linda says:

spread the word of this offense! Thanks Jeff, you won't hear about this on MSM.

William is right, and I am ready.

400,000….. hmmmm, isn't that Barry's salary? VERY charitable!

"When is ALL of America going to wake up and smell the anti-Americanism coming straight from the Oval Office? What more is it going to take to understand the true nature of this man? We know his history. We know who he counts as friends. We know the types of people he likes to surround himself with. And we see him in action. What more is it going to take?"
    Yes, many of us know all that and read with utter distain what he is bringing about in our country…BUT DO ANY OF US KNOW WHAT TO DO??? NO. We protest, we let our opinions be known…but TELL US WHAT WE CAN DO. Can we call for impeachment? I am an average citizen that has followed Obama's actions and words since before he was voted into office. I cannot tell you the frustration in seeing this unveil and being able to do nothing about it. HELP!!!

Is this considered "giving aid and comfort to the enemy?"

Does it have to be VOTED UPON? How many Democrats can we try for treason at one whack?

I have almost forgotten what it is like to experience an entire day without hearing some kind of disgusting news like this. I honestly don't know what to say anymore.

10. Dee says:

Anonymous @ 3:43pm. I understand your frustration and feel the same way. I email and call my representatives (Arlen Specter is one of them and Robert Casey is the other in the Senate) and I get form letters back or promises to "look into it". I feel like no one is listening.

one word: OUTRAGEOUS

sniff sniff… you smell that?

nice.

(awesome exposure Jeff, Thanks)

13. Celia in TX says:

anonymous at 3:47 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more!

at the rate things are going, soon we will catch up with chavez

obama is already destroying USA

16. toto says:

When will this stuff end, it seems everyday we hear some other bombastic news coming from this administration.

I just keep thinking that at some point, this administration will do something that is consider treason, but then, what do we do. If you have the majority of our politians protecting him, how would you ever get something like that done? Hopefully there is a way, cuz I'm telling you, sooner or later……..

17. Bodenzee says:

Today I had an otherwise pleasant meeting with university classmates of mine of 50 yeas ago.

One of my classmates lost his son on December 21, 1988 on Pan Am 103. I can't even imagine the pain he feels.

Discovering today that Barry, who claimed to only know Bill Ayers
    casually, actually received help from him in writing "Dreams from My Father" shows me that Barry is a liar.

and then finding that Barry has vectored $400,000 toward Quadafi leaves my "distressed."

Has Barry ever spoken the truth? Is he able to speak the truth?

Is it possible that over 50% of the voters in thes nation are ignorant? Yes. They voted for Barry.

I am ashamed of my fellow citizens!

Bodenzee– I am so sorry about your classmate's son. I cannot imagine anything more painful than losing one's own child; but for it to be a senseless murder, it has to close to unbearable.

Jeff, the more I think about this $400,000 going to this slime-ball's children, the madder I get! In fact, just as many feel, I find it harder and harder to see anything positive about Obama/Soetoro. No, I've never seen anything positive about him–it's just getting more and more frustrating because NO ONE LISTENS TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! They marginalize every word we speak!

verify: cheurt (Stylized sh*t)

Before the election, I remember reading how stingy the Obama's were with their private charitable donations. Yet, now he wants to be a philanthropist to terrorism with your tax dollars. My what a difference a year makes, especially when it's not his money. Obama has drawn line after line in the sand, declaring his plans for America. Folks, how many lines does it take? One too many, or one two few? It's time to decide.

WTH?????!!!!!!!!!

I'm with the first poster!!!!

Bravo to Netanyahu who was the only one who spoke the TRUTH…what a refreshing change from the other thugs who spew their hatred and make a mockery of the UN. I am ASHAMED of our president and I am enraged that these bums, Ahmadimwit, OOOOGO, and Quadaffy were even allowed into this country. Obama is a disgrace! We should stand in support of Israel!

22. Jim McMahon says:

Mark (Mr Cap & Trade) Kirk is a douchebag too, and he'll be looking for a new job come election time.