He Shoots, He Scores

Sports commentator Stephen A. Smith, as interviewed by Mark Levin

This is incredible. Many thanks to the reader which pointed me toward this interview.

Before becoming obsessed with politics, I was a sports nut. I watched ESPN then almost as much as I watch Fox News, C-SPAN and the others now. And, truth be told, Stephen A. Smith always kind of bugged me.

No more. And ten minutes, this is lengthy — but it is completely worth it. In fact, I was tempted to bring out some excerpts, but I simply can’t choose any single bit of Smith’s remarks. I only wish he would say the same darned thing on SportsCenter; perhaps it would get more attention.

Comments

1. Claudia says:

I heard that whole interview the day it happened. I was astounded with his clarity and honesty and sheer forthrightness. He is a remarkable person who, IF getting into the right places, with the right people getting behind him, will go very far in the political arena. I really think there are a majority of people that are ready to listen to what he has to say and also at the same time, start acting on the stuff he says needs to be done.

Truly imparessive. I hope he is as honest as he sounds. He was so enthusiatic and words were just pouring out of him faster than he could actually say them, I hope he means all of it, I think he does, because it all spilled ouot of him so quickly, that it would be hard for anyone to say that much, that quickly and forcefully, without having really thought about everything and having it come from the heart, so to say….

Got a lot going for him, I hope he starts talking all over the place.

This is days old news. I'm starting to hate this site more and more. You're slow with the news and the significance of what you post leaves a lot to be desired.

Thank you, Jeff, and thank the reader who brought it to you.

My HS friend called just as I was listening to it, and he said that if Smith would say something like that on SportsCenter, more people would watch it than C-Span!

Also, thanks for no excerpts on this one–you were right. You would have needed to use a transcript.

Thanks for posting this Jeff. I heard it on-air as well and what Stephen said knocked my socks off. I just wish more people would open their eyes.

5. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Anonymous said…

How gracious of you to volunteer to be my unpaid intern! You're right, I am often slow in getting to the many stories out there, but having someone like you to help me with school, with work, with selling my house and buying a new one, with getting a job, with raising my daughter and maintaining my home … that would definitely free up some time for AR.

How positively generous of you to volunteer. When can you start?

(I'm serious. I've got yardwork to do, and bills are piling up.)

Jeff

6. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

P.S. America's Right is free, buddy. Don't like it? No big deal.

P.P.S. I've got to install a new bathroom sink this weekend. Since you're volunteering, I'll need you here by 10:00am on Saturday.

O.P.P. Yeah, you know me.

Thanks for posting this and it is refreshing to hear an African American who 'gets it'. I suspect there are more out there who may be somewhat reluctant to speak out but who feel the same way. Michael Steele does need to be more aggressive in getting the conservative message out. One of the most interesting points Stephen said was that he listens so that he can LEARN and he may not always agree with the conservative point of view but he is willing to listen. He KNOWS that something is very wrong with what this administration is doing and I respect him for speaking out. If you listen to Dr. King's niece, Alveda King, she is another person who gets it and is working hard to educate people to the TRUTH about Obama's policies. We need more stories like this…there IS hope!!

I love people with common sense, NO MATTER THEIR COLOR. Yeh, that's right you libs, I ain't a damned racist.

Although a direct rebuke of Obama, Smith is still a racist. He voted for him (Obama) because it was a historically significant event (read:he is black). Sorry, no way I can respect a person with a racist bent such as this…I include Colin Powell in this category.

To Anon 11:23 AM – I smell a rat. If you really felt that way, why would you lower "your" standards to comment here? Do yourself a favor – click the "I'm feeling lucky" button on Google.

This interview took place on Sept. 17 and was uploaded to You Tube the same day. Breitbart TV didn't post it until yesterday and he has a small army working with him. Not everyone is able to listen to Mark Levin live. My thanks to those who posted the interview on You Tube and my thanks to Jeff for sharing it on Americas Right.

Anonymous said…

Annon.;

You're such a flippant idiot. Many people are working for their families and don't have the liberty to spend every second drooling over internet postings/stories. I am "sorry" that no one reads YOUR, more than likely irrelevant, blog, but given the lack of truth or truth reliable sites, I will welcome any "alleged" delay in information in order to ultimately obtain that truth.

Get a life. Do you really think your posts will even be missed?
    You, sir, are truly insignificant.

Thanks, as always, for providing a reliable, simple, concise, and clearly worthwhile website for valuable information.

signed,

Annon.,
    King of the Annons. and when I find the insubordinate Annon. that stupidly posted that Annon. post, know that they will be dealt with accordingly.

Re: Annon. Sept. 21st.

I wholeheartedly concur.

I am more than willing to allow people to make mistakes, but with those mistakes MUST come accountability. Where could restitution lie, now that the wool has been removed from his ignorant eyes?

Accidental leaders, as this, (and most of Hollywood) are never held accountable for their failure of opinion.

13. Boston Blackie says:

Hey Anon 11:23-
    Not all of us have the option to live in our Mom's basement trolling the internet all day and night. Most of us work to support you and the other lay-abouts Obamama redistributes our income to. Go back to the Huffington Report with the other koolaid drinkers.
    As always, thanks Jeff.

14. goddessdivine says:

"If you are comfortable (with the current situation), you must be ignorant."

My favorite quote from that clip.

He was very articulate and direct.

Though, I have to agree with what was mentioned in a previous comment–this Smith guy is somewhat racist himself for pulling the lever for Barack merely because it was a 'historical' event. Um, what about voting for the person who is most qualified? It's reasoning like this that got us into this mess.

15. goddessdivine says:

And as always, thank you so much for your fantastic site. Even in my insanely busy life, I try to read you every day…..because the contributors here are top notch. I for one am grateful for someone who puts thought and sense into his writing before just haphazardly posting whatever pops up on the news radar. That's what makes this site exceptional.

Seriously, as if you don't have a life and a lot on your shoulders. I don't know how you do it; but I thank you.

(Thanks for the laughs, other anons. Awesome.)

16. Loren says:

Jeff, If we lived a little closer, (Las Vegas) I'd be happy to install your sink for you. As a way to say thanks for your time spent at the keyboard.

Great interview! Thanks for posting it, Jeff.

Also, thanks again for all that you are doing. It's a long way to your place from mine, but if I could make it, I'd be there to help. Hope the cavalry shows up for you!

I hadn't heard that, even though I scour the internet daily, and appreciate the fact that you posted it. That interview was amazing and gives me hope for our country.

Too many are saying Smith is racist because he voted for Obama. How about the whites that voted for him to prove that they are not? Wake up, the man said different things than what he is doing now. 52% voted for him and a whole lot, black & white now know that he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Doesn't have anything to do with race.

20. Linda says:

You go Jeff!!!

But know that your true readers appreciate your over-the-top expenditure of time and effort. Thanks.

21. Mick says:

Whine whine whine every day, yet still you refuse to address the true legal issue of this President. It has nothing to do with your sink or your bills or your kids, blah blah blah. I am amazed at how many lawyers do not care about or know anything about the constitution. The Legal Issue (not a conspiracy theory) is that Obama was born a dual Citizen of Britain, and as such is not a Natural Born Citizen (he admits that his citizenship at birth was "governed" by the British Nationality Act of 1948 on Fight the Smears, right below the big green COLB). This is the issue that will bring your nemesis down. It is the issue that he desperately tries to hide by promoting the BC conspiracy theory. I know you know about it by now, why don't you talk about it?