Vote-by-Vote on ACORN

In the wake of a pair of important votes in the House and Senate, America is learning who exactly in Washington, D.C. is egregiously placing their own political future ahead of accountability, of excising lawlessness, and doing everything possible to rid our government of corruption. When it comes to ACORN, thanks to the work done by an independent filmmaker and courageous aspiring journalist, we’ve learned what else the voter fraud specialists are involved in, and what the group is open to.

The first vote came on Tuesday, when the Senate voted 83-7 to suspend funding to ACORN in Department of Housing and Urban Development and Department of Transportation appropriations bill. Seven senators voted in favor of continuing to fund ACORN, an organization already being investigated in more than a dozen states for voter fraud, and an organization which obviously should be investigated for tax fraud and much, much more. Those seven senators?

• Dick Durbin (D-IL)
  • Roland Burris (D-IL)
  • Robert Casey (D-PA)
  • Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
  • Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
  • Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
  • Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)

One of them is mine. How positively lovely. Another is named “Whitehouse.” How appropriate.

The second vote came yesterday in the House, which by a vote of 345-75 passed an amendment to the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act that would deny all federal funds to ACORN. The amendment, if I’m correct, was brought forth by House Minority Leader John Boehner. (Actually, it was Daniel Issa.) Here are the 75 who voted against it:

• Raul Grijalva (D-AZ)
  • Diane Watson (D-CA)
  • Henry Waxman (D-CA)
  • Lynn Woolsey (D-CA)
  • Diana DeGette (D-CO)
  • Jared Polis (D-CO)
  • Corrine Brown (D-FL)
  • Kathy Anne Castor (D-FL)
  • Robert Wexler (D-FL)
  • John Lewis (D-GA)
  • David Scott (D-GA)
  • Mazie Hirono (D-HI)
  • Danny Davis (D-IL)
  • Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)
  • Bobby Rush (D-IL)
  • Janice Schakowsky (D-IL)
  • Andre Carson (D-IN)
  • Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
  • Donna Edwards (D-MD)
  • Michael Capuano (D-MA)
  • Bill Delahunt (D-MA)
  • Stephen Lynch (D-MA)
  • Ed Markey (D-MA)
  • Jim McGovern (D-MA)
  • Richard Neal (D-MA)
  • John Olver (D-MA)
  • Niki Tsongas (D-MA)
  • Carolyn Kilpatrick (D-MI)
  • Ralph Ellison (D-MN)
  • Betty McCollum (D-MN)
  • Bennie Thompson (D-MS)
  • Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO)
  • Rush Holt (D-NJ)
  • Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)
  • Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ)
  • Donald Payne (D-NJ)
  • Albio Sires (D-NJ)
  • Joseph Crowley (D-NY)
  • Eliot Engel (D-NY)
  • Maurice Hinchey (D-NY)
  • Gregory Meeks (D-NY)
  • Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
  • Charlie Rangel (D-NY)
  • Jose Serrano (D-NY)
  • Louise Slaughter (D-NY)
  • Edolphus Towns (D-NY)
  • Nydia Velazquez (D-NY)
  • G.K. Butterfield, Jr. (D-NC)
  • David Price (D-NC)
  • Marcia Fudge (D-OH)
  • Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)
  • Bob Brady (D-PA)
  • Mike Doyle (D-PA)
  • Chaka Fattah (D-PA)
  • Jim Clyburn (D-SC)
  • Al Green (D-TX)
  • Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX)
  • E.B. Johnson (D-TX)
  • Jim Moran (D-VA)
  • Bobby Scott (D-VA)
  • Rick Larsen (D-WA)
  • Jim McDermott (D-WA)
  • Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
  • Nick Rahall (D-WV)
  • Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
  • Gwen Moore (D-WI)

A few things to point out: First, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did not vote by tradition; Second, take a gander at the first letter after these 75 names, and consider which party tolerates–if not endorses–corruption and lawlessness in the name of social justice; Third, keep in mind that the ACORN-related measure was an amendment on a much bigger bill, so many of these people could be otherwise committed to a vote on the Student Loan legislation.

Of course, that shouldn’t be too much consolation. Unfortunately, the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 also essentially nationalized the student loan industry — but that’s a matter for another time and place.

Comments

1. Sammy says:

Jeff, I so appreciate the work and dedication you expend on behalf of this website. As a college first-year, I'm so glad to have access to valid, intelligent forms of info. Thank you so much!

The most frequent comment today will be…

ACORN'S CHICKENS….. ARE COMING HOME TO ROOST!

"RICO" ACORN NOW!

The dimwits are so corrupt, they don't recognize corruption when they see it!! For instance, the illustrious name of Charlie Rangel appears on the list…imagine that, he wants to continue funding of a corrupt organization with taxpayer money…not his money because he neglected to pay his fair share…duh. Joe Wilson was censured for a knee-jerk comment and Rangel has deliberately hidden his income and not paid taxes as we all are expected to do and nothing is done about it….even worse, he writes the laws for the taxpayers who PAY their taxes. This is OUTRAGEOUS and we should all be writing our representatives and DEMANDING action against him and he should NOT be on a committee relating to honest taxpayers! We need to shine a light on this rats who do not keep the laws they write for us!

As Gomer Pyle would say SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! Living in Corrupt, IL, why am I not surprised to see Durbin and Burris on that list!!! Chicago style politics!!! Gotta love the lack of brain cells in Illinois politicians.

5. T.I.M. says:

I believe the amendment stripping funding for ACORN was from Darrell Issa of California, who also personally bankrolled the recall of Gov. Gray Davis before Arnold became governor. Issa is a good man to watch for quiet fireworks, usually in the right direction.

That 345 voted against funding ACORN surprised me.

ACORN isn't getting its mitts on the 2010 Census, either.

Has the Resident-in-Charge of Corruption made any statement about this turn of events, or is he too busy plugging up the leaks in his dike? How's he going to explain THIS one to the Internationalists behind him?

Another march on Washington D.C. should tell him something: "Don't Tread on Me" or We the People.

7. Boidenzee says:

If Baltimore goes after Fox, Hannah Giles and James O'Keefe I would expect that discovery by those defendants would be quite informative.

How about a preemptive TRO against ACORN et al so that there is something left?

8. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

Tammy Baldwin is my representative. In my last & final e-mail to her, I suggested she start polishing up her resume. I've had it with her!

Susan

9. Matthew says:

If we all take a look back into recent history, Burris from Illinois was appointed by Blagojevich right before he was kicked out of office. Corruption breeds corruption. Hmmmm….Obama is from Illinois as well. Coincidence? I think not. For all we know, both Burris & Obamalamadingdong have relatives employed by ACORN and are just protecting their jobs there. It wouldn't surprise me one bit, in all honesty.

Hi, Still a Patriot!
    (Yall, "that's what she said last night!")

Sanford Lewis and David Scott are two more who need to shine up a resume. I doubt that anyone in GA would hire them now, though!

A couple of things:

I am furious that this bill was tacked on the Student Aid bill. That is the corruption in Washington! If I had been voting, I would have been very torn, as this Student Aid bill is HORRID and is one more takeover of the private economy. I read that thousands of private banking jobs will be lost as a result. Great!

Jeff, what can be done about Congress lumping two different (or more!) pieces of legislation into the same vote? This seems unconstitutional!

Come to think of it, what DOESN'T these days?

Lisa in TX

12. John Feeny says:

Jeff -
    And Whitehouse is mine. He's always been in the slum-dweller part of the Democratic Party. But he's not up until 2012, so to him this vote was no doubt a no-brainer.

I also have a minor bit of news for you, Jeff, that you'd be interested in hearing, I think. E-mail if you'd like.

"OBAMA: You know, it’s — frankly, it’s not really something I’ve followed closely. I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money".

And Obama/Soetoro repeatedly said the past administration was "out of touch".

14. Alftie says:

Okay I was never that big on voting for my party but this takes the cake. I will not be part of either of the 2 parties. Both sides are corrupt. I was a r. but they had the delagates picked before the predidentual conventions in Tulsa but in 1980, so I left the R. now this from the D. We need a new set of parties. We also need to put these people all of them on a list so that we never vote for them again. Oh it is strange that You know who is related to 2 of the early Presidents. One he is 8th cousin 3 times removed or something like that and You Know Who, has went by at least 4 defferent names.

I'm not surprised that our African-
    American Representative from District 2 (D-MS) voted in favor of
    this gross waste. In my view, I think his elevator is non-functional. Perhaps he should get
    his RESUME updated too. Bennie Thompson should also look for another State to call home. We don't need the likes of him anymore. Gunner.

Crooks, all of them! Democrat or republican it doesnt matter any more. When we did away with term limits and voting only for a peticular party and not the best person for the job, we have no one to blame but our selves. Time to clean house in Nov. all new blood,Ideas,people and Term Limits!
    And Watch them all like a hawk, No matter what Party there with!!!!

17. James R Boy says:

I suggest that we all stop all funding in either party. Power corrupts – Absolutely. Term Limits for all elected officials. Give them all notice that their jobs are in jeopardy by a signed actual letter with a real stamp. Sign you name and let them know that you have had it with them in allowing this country to slip into the shape it is in.

Demand an actual meeting and bring others with you and take notes. Hold them all accountable. Teach you children to do the same and maybe they won't have to do this during their voting years. I pray that Soetoro, (AKA Obama)is held back from ushering in Communitarianism that may end our FREEDOM to vote and exercise our GOD given rights.

May GOD Continue to Bless this Great Nation!
    James R. Boy (Jim)

"WE THE PEOPLE" don't run squat in this Country anymore! "WE THE PEOPLE", better get our heads OUT OF OUR RECTUM, and get rid of ALL the vermin in the BIG SEAT, THE HOUSE, Ang ALL, of Congress! If not, your guess is good as mine as to what is going to happen to America, not AMERIKA!

19. IT'S ME says:

Obama, "YOU LIE".

You know damned full well ACORN is rolling in our tax dollars…. what a lying jerk.