‘Tens of Thousands’

Click the image to enlarge.

This is a photograph by Michael Beck and distributed by the folks at FreedomWorks, showing the attendance at the 9/12 March on Washington.

It makes me so gosh-darned proud to be an American. Great job, everybody. Now, let’s make sure that the next one is even bigger.

Comments

1. Claudia says:

I sure do wish that I could have been there. Makes me proud to at least have had my name on one of the sign poles as a flag.

Tens of thousands, my a$$, looks bigger than Obamaby's innauguration, to me….. say right close to about TWO MILLION at least….

2. Claudia says:

on a different subject…..

I live in Nevada and am really close to the Stead Airbase where we have an ANNUAL AIR RACE WEEKEND every year for the Reno Air Races, and I live in the valley just over the hill from the airport there. Today the BLUE ANGELS were practicing and having fun, and they were flying RIGHT OVER MY HOUSE about 300 feet above my head, twisting and turning and playing right on top of me. If you have ever seen them, you know what I am talking about, if you haven't ever seen them, go to the next Air Show that is in your area and watch those babies play. The Angels are sooooooo great. They waved at me, I could almost see the pilots faces they were so close. I love the Thunderbirds and the Canadian SnoBirds and they are here all the time (alternating every other years or so) also, but this year, after not being here (THE BLUE ANGELS) are for about 6 or so years, they are back again, and they (those lovely Blue Angels) are the ones that make you feel like AMERICA is still the best in the world. Also the C-5-A Galexy is the largest and slowest, most silent big plane I have ever seen, and it was playing here just a while ago, at about the same altitude.

While they were playing, I didn't even have my camera out this morning cause they sort of surprised me, and I just stood there and waved at the pilots and cried, tears of PRIDE.

I WANT AMERICA BACK!!!! I DON'T WANT OBAMA TO DESTROY IT like he sure seems to want to do. I WANT AMERICA TO LIVE AS SHE ALWAYS HAS!!!

Nice crowd of two million people.

Nice camera lens to capture them.

on another note: oReilly is looking pretty bad these days… he makes such an effort to create a buffer for obama while admitting what obama is doing. i dont get it, or should i say that i do get it?

oreilly writing book on obama and wants everything to suit his material. and he wants to suckUp in order to get his book sold.

oreilly recently presented obama as a role model for children…. now where did THAT come from? of all the people that O'reilly, a news journalist-talkshow host knows exactly how corrupt obama is. there are literally thousands of role models oreilly could have chosen that children could identify with.

more and more i'm finding a reason to tune oreilly out.

me too.
    i want america to be AMERICA!

reject obama's brand of governing. and question and voice any unusual activity. we have proven we can do much when we stand together.

6. Courtney says:

Thanks for sharing about the Blue Angels. I'm an Air Force brat and one of the things I miss most about those days is hearing the jets, sonic booms, etc….living near the bases is awesome, especially overseas.

The Angels & Thunderbirds are amazing….you took me back a few years :)

The sight makes me boundlessly proud of the country I live in, but also ashamed – because people are willing to act and sacrifice, yet their actions and their sacrifices are pointless. It could be a Twenty Million Men March and The Usurper and his progressive clique on the Capitol Hill still wouldn't care. Either he resigned himself for a one-term Presidency, or – worse – got assurances that there will be no next elections. As for the Botox Queen and her cohorts, they likely believe that there are enough heads-up-the-asses liberals in their districts to hold onto the chairs no matter what.

My feeling is, the amount of feet on the ground does not matter at the time. The only thing that matters is whether those feet are willing to kick ass.

The Washington crowd was magnificent. I was at a rally in Fort Worth, Texas. It was pouring rain the entire time. The local newspaper said there was a thousand folks there. We covered a downtown street for several blocks and obviously had several thousant there. We were soaked and can only imagine how many would have showed had the weather been better. We had a blast!

Rix, I don't know how much rosterium-kicking those feet on the ground will do, but if they "marched" to Washington, D.C., they'll certainly make a local trip to the polls!

And, the Democrats are worried that they won't be reelected. That in itself is enough to make the leftists slack off a bit anyway. Thank our Higher Power for Blue Dog Democrats.

Yeah,
    I'm done watching O'reilly I turned him off last night and will never tune in again after he went out of his way to describe the" Tens of thousands of people at the rally" If you don't want to say a million plus I can live with that, but it doesn't take an Acorn Specialist to realize it was at the least hundreds of thousands.

Dissent long and prosper.

This picture is so amazing. I was scheduled to attend, but because of a back injury I was unable to go. My sister and my significant other went. They wanted to get their early so they went to Rosslyn and parked and took the metro into DC at around 8:30. The train was packed. They could hardly get in. By the time they reached Freedom Plaza which was the gathering point, the plaza was too full. In addition they had scheduled a 5K race that same day and the finish was close to the plaza so people were having a hard time getting across. The march was not scheduled to occur until 11:30, but the Plaza was so full they began to move at 10:00 AM. My sister Joan and Dave were amazed by the turnout and all of the signs, flags and most of all the people. There were people from all over and everyone was polite and very happy to be there. Someone had made a puppet head of Obama with a long stick nose that everyone was taking pictures of to send back home. There were also a lot of people with signs thanking Glenn Beck who started and promoted the 9/12 Project. At one point the amount of cell phone use sent down the entire system in DC. Joan said people were still trying to get to the event, but could not get through because of the traffic tie up and then apparently the Metro shut down because they could not handle the volume of people in DC. People were still arriving at 2:00 PM. People cleaned up after themselves and so the mall and area was clean. Joan and Dave both felt the National Park Police and the City of DC were not prepared for the amount of people who showed up. Many hotels were full for the first time in a long while. Everyone there had a great time because they were with others who felt the same as they did regardless of race, creed or color! So if anyone tells you this is a racist issue tell them to grow up. Little kids and bullies call each other names. Adults discuss issues without name calling.

L.Banks

Anonymous at 7:52 a.m.–

Wow!
    I'd wondered about the traffic and the things you talked about. Thanks.

Tens of Thousands, Indeed..now we know why the national debt is so BIG…the idiots can't count…numbers are irrelevant to them. The TRUTH is NOT in them. I was there also and it was an AWESOME experience..I agree with what L. Banks described. We were with people who are the HEART of America and when you consider how many others we represented who could not come, it was TREMENDOUS! It was like being with friends and completely non-threatening. My neighbor and I got separted from our group but we just joined in with everyone else and it was the most wonderful feeling. The long bus trip (18 hours) was worth it and we would do it again. Our country is worth whatever We, The People have to do to restore our nation. I thank God there were no injuries and no violence and that we all had a safe trip home. If you were unable to go, just know that we were there for you too.

New Yorkers do you feel you live in a state full of idiots and know matter what you do it will not make a difference? Well your attendance here could help make a big statement, was DC too far to get to? This is the next big event.

I was there, too! Can't you see me in the pic? I am the one with the brown hair next to the guy with the big sign! Ha ha! JK!

I really was there, though, and it was moving, inspiring, recharging, and totally awesome!

Rix, they might not let on that they noticed, but I promise you, they did! And I would have gone even if none of them noticed…one's spirit wanes a bit after the isolation of being behind the computer all the time trying to research, educate people, and contact reps. Going to DC gave me new courage and stamina to keep fighting!

Millions….not thousands!

Lisa in TX

16. T.I.M. says:

And this is the crowd that Gibbsy somehow wasn't aware of. Amazing how the liberals keep saying that conservatives don't count, yet keep proving that the libs can't.