The Glenn Beck Petition

Hello, folks. Please read the petition, sign it if you agree, and pass along this link or the link to the petition itself to friends, family and co-workers.

Those who visit America’s Right on a regular basis know that we’ve never really latched on to one media or political personality, but that I do often lament the inability to get the right message out to the American public as best possible. Glenn Beck has been doing incredible work, exhibiting exceptional courage, and I firmly believe that his platform may be the best chance, or at least the first step, in waking up slumbering Americans.

Or, at least, I hope so. Obviously, Fox News can do what it wants to do, and the same goes for Mr. Beck. Furthermore, there are contractual issues involved, as well as other extrinsic factors. I know, for instance, that Glenn enjoys doing live television, and that a live broadcast at 10:00 p.m. may not be right for a man who has a loving wife and kids at home, not to mention a radio show at 9:00 a.m. as well.

In retrospect, I should have been less specific about where in the prime time lineup Beck could hopefully be situated. Still, whatever may happen, I only thought it might help the decision-making process if they knew how the American people felt. So, while I’ve never expressly asked anyone to disseminate the writings here at America’s Right before, I am asking you now — please get this out to the American people.

Jeff

To: Fox News Channel
From: Jeff Schreiber (America’s Right), joined by The American People

To Whom It May Concern:

I am not a television executive, and do not pretend to be. I know nothing of ratings, demographics or advertising revenue, and do not purport to. I am, however, a normal, everyday, self-reliant, responsible concerned American who has a favor to ask of you.

For the time being, and for the good of the nation, please replace Greta van Susteren’s “On the Record” with Glenn Beck’s eponymous program.

This request does not arise from animosity toward Greta. She does a great job at Fox News. She has a phenomenal legal mind, and nobody digs deeper into the emotional stories of the day than she does. When it comes to the nitty-gritty details of political issues, however, Glenn Beck and his staff are without compare when it comes to research and the ability to convey core principles and arguments to everyday people.

No example is finer than that of now former “Green Jobs Czar” Van Jones. While every other news and commentary program on every network which chose to even provide coverage was merely reacting to the news of an avowed communist and obvious radical within earshot of the President of the United States, Glenn Beck was driving the news. He did the research. He presented the arguments in an easy-to-follow manner, and used Jones’ own inflammatory rhetoric to rid our executive branch of a contraconstitutional official in an unconstitutional position.

The tremendous work Glenn Beck is doing absolutely needs to be seen and be heard, and though his ratings at 5:oo p.m. Eastern/2:00 p.m. Pacific are unbelievable, people still nonetheless are forced to go out of their way to see him. Right now, the people he is reaching are generally the choir. Folks like me, we understand it. We see the unfortunate trend toward statism in America. And while there is value in reinforcing passion and buttressing rational arguments by preaching to the choir, the real gains–in terms of what’s good for the nation–would come if Beck were more easily reached.

Obviously, there are likely contractual issues to be overcome; if there weren’t, Beck would likely already be in the 10:00 p.m. spot. Greta van Susteren has rightfully been the darling of cable news in the heyday of the Scott Peterson case and beyond — now, though, the time has come to disseminate the fundamental conservative and libertarian message that could save this nation, and because conservatives have long been deficient in terms of message dissemination, we need a voice that is as accessible as it is strong.

I miss the America of eight years ago next week. Amid the fear, the uncertainty and the grief, the latter still burning within from fresh wounds and still-smoldering mountains of twisted steel, ash, and remains in Lower Manhattan, there was unity. There was purpose. There was hope that perhaps, just perhaps, the America that would emerge from disaster and tragedy would be stronger and more secure, that it would be the strength inherent in us all rather than blind faith in the State’s omnipotence that would carry us through.

I remember weeping as I watched sixty thousand flag-waving New Yorkers stand together with pride as former President George W. Bush emerged onto the field at Yankee Stadium during the World Series to give a thumbs-up bursting with confidence in our nation before throwing a perfect strike from the pitcher’s mound. Those people stood not because George W. Bush was George W. Bush, or because he was a Republican, or for any other reason than because they all stood together as Americans, defiant, determined that no force from without or within would undermine or endanger our liberty and freedom.

As an American watching mournfully as our nation spirals downward toward socialism, statism or something else our founders imagined but tried desperately to prevent, I miss that America and hope to see it again. I want to see the solidarity again. I want to see the flags. I want so desperately to witness that great, unbending sense of purpose, the idea that the health, welfare, safety, security and prosperity of our great nation in the face of evil triumphed over matters of politics and ideology.

In Glenn Beck, I see someone who feels the same way, someone who understands what so many great men and women have fought for since we declared our independence from Great Britain 233 years ago, when our founders set forth a system of government specifically and carefully designed to countermand human nature when it came to the trappings of power.

Those imperfect men established this nation knowing less of what they wanted America to be than what they wanted Her to never, ever become. And yet, despite the hard and clear lessons of history on our own shores and across the world, we are forced to stand idly by and watch as we become more and more like what our founders left, as we purposefully sprint in the direction of everything our founders did not want for this great experiment in liberty and freedom.

After 233 short years, we stand to willingly destroy the very notion of American exceptionalism, we stand to willingly part with the independence and freedom provided by the blood and sweat and sacrifice of so many, all in the name of the very same brand of governmental power grab against which our founders launched their improbable effort in the first place. In only a matter of several generations, in the blink of an eye relative to human history, we’ve changed from a nation led by people who would rather die than be denied liberty, who lament having had but only one life to give for their country and the cause of freedom, to a shrinking violet ruled by a class of people far more interested in the content of their wallets and the labels on their office doors and business cards than of the state of our union.

The road by which we’ve arrived at this destination is easy enough to discern — the question is how to turn this nation around. My guess is that it will depend upon equal amounts fortitude and Providence. Understanding the disease may be an important first step, but making the essential sacrifices and putting forth the necessary efforts to defeat it takes a special kind of person.

It’s no coincidence that Glenn Beck felt compelled to write his own version of Common Sense, inspired by Thomas Paine’s original. As a cold winter approached in late 1776, as the rag-tag American army licked its wounds following a set of horrible losses along the Hudson, a young Thomas Paine wrote in The Crisis No. 1 that “[t]yranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph . . . Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”

The America I saw in late September and October of 2001 knew the glory of freedom. That America knew that our nation was different than the others, greater than the others, and was willing to do everything necessary to preserve that greatness. Together, we can return to that America. We just need a catalyst. Right now, because of his selflessness, his determination, and his courage, Glenn Beck may be just that.

For that reason, I join the concerned Americans below in imploring you to do everything in your power to ensure that his message, that our founders’ message, can be heard by those who need guidance most. For the time being, and for the good of our nation, please place Greta van Susteren in Glenn Beck’s spot at 5:00 p.m. Eastern and Glenn Beck in hers at 10:00 p.m., where he can be heard by those who desperately need to hear him.

Thank you.

Jeff Schreiber
America’s Right.com

Comments

1. FreeMeNow says:

First- have you thought about the 11 PM slot?
    Next – have you thought about the 7 PM slot?
    Finally, has it occurred to you that women are 52% of the population and are already poorly represented in the government and in the media? Greta is a fine and hard working reporter and she has eraned her spot- and I for one am quite disapointed that you zeroed in on her to eliminate!

We really need O'Reilly 8 and 11 again? But rather than think it through just grab the only woman out there and toss her! Great job!
    Maybe if you had more women and appealed to the majority you might be further along!
    I'll not be signing or passing along your petition.

i think Hannity is in a great spot for his content and if followed immediately by Beck it makes a powerful lineup and keeps the sync.

my logic side sees fox keeing beck there simply because he just might be the only person to pull that many people for that time slot.

one might argue beck's doing just fine in his timeslot, but i agree he'd be a knockout at a later time and a huge BENEFIT for the american public. its a time when everyone can gather together and watch and its wholesome TV. dinner has been had and its a perfect educational-political show for family togetherness or otherwise. AND WE ALL LEARN SOMETHING. perfect conversation piece for family and friends and we can really get involved with our government again.

GBWNBS (glenn beck will not be silenced) despite the effort of van jones!

no matter where Beck ends up he will have a tremendous following imo.

The only problem for Fox News, other than those that you mention, may be the advertising boycott initiated by the Left. Revenue has to be king in any for-profit business.
    ========
    Randy, i think when the sponspors realize they are the losers by not signing on to the most viewed program in Glenn's timeslot it will be them who will begging and fighting for an OPPORTUNITY to get on Beck, almost like the superbowl.
    IMO.

there are thousands if not millions of people bill oreilly might have chosen as a role model and he chooses obama in PARADE MAGAZINE?

oreilly knows first-hand how obama lies and the mis-deeds he is guilty of so why did he do something like that? how dare he attempt to indocrinate a future generation on obama?

my guess is to fit in with his book he's now writing on obama and he's looking for the easy buck.
    MOVE OVER O'REILLY AND LET REALITY IN.

6. Lance M Hillier Sr says:

I don't agree with using the tactics of social fascisti to force Fox to change their lineup. Fox can make up its own mind, based upon Nielsen ratings, or whatever criterion it wants.

It's like this season you've discovered a new lunch sandwich, and petition your neighbors, tourists and well-wishers to force the restaurant owner to replace one of the dinner menu items with your new lunch item.

Next thing you know, you'll be telling him to segregate his restaurant into smoking/no-smoking areas; stopping the serving of beer or wine, or even sugar-added drinks, so you can enjoy the experience of dining there more – and promote health benefits too, because you like the ambience, but don't like second hand smoke, the smell of alcohol, and are slightly offput by the obese kid in the next booth dumping bags of sugar in his ice tea. Soon, to really enjoy your experience, you'll eliminate all smoking, drinking, then complain to the owner as he's posting the FOR SALE sign, you don't know what happened…

I like Glenn Beck, and I email him regularly with WatchDog Alerts and attaboys. But I don't presume to come from the outsider standpoint, and try to schedule his life to my admiration.

Let Fox run Fox News; instead of a petition telling Fox how to run its own business, send a fan letter. I report, you decide.

i doubt gender entered Jeff's mind. (of course i could be wrong – - but i highly dout it.)

when decisoins are based on facts, merit one never goes wrong.

who knows? another timeslot might benefit Greta by increasing her audience.

p.s., yes o'reilly going off on his little x-rated segment did not escape me. i immediately switch and sometimes forget to come back – sometimes i will not return intentionally.

oreilly recommended in PARADE MAGAZINE that dhildren look up to obama as a role model. 'blew me away! i'm all for sending bill a message by pushing him around a little to accommodate glenn. but fox overall is just a great channel.

9. cher-pa says:

GLENN BECK IS AMERICAS

RE-FOUNDING FATHER

10. Lucky1346 says:

What's wrong with Folks recording Glenn Beck? I do so I can watch it when I get home. Besides 10 pm is sleepy-night-night time for me.

It's time Glenn assigns some of his cadre of investigators to seriously look into Barry's birth, his childhood, and his Occidental college records. Also his passport and trips to Pakistan. I think Glenn is afraid to delve this deeply.

Why on Earth would anyone listen to Glenn Beck? He is truly a bigot and an idiot! I hope advertisers continue to drop him and maybe that will force FOX to get rid of him once and for all! He is a Cancer and should be banned from all airwaves! Take Rush Limbaugh off the air too! This country has no room for these kinds of idiotic racists!!! OH YEAH, and did I mention, I am a 52 year old white man and I voted for McCain and would never vote for a Democrat, ever!! But even I recognize a racist idiot when I see one!! It's people like Beck and Limbaugh that continue to do more harm than good to the Republican Party….when will you Beck supporters come to realize that he is truly out of his league and needs to be banned from ever speaking in public!!! I would rather support pregant women smoking crack before supporting Glenn Beck!!!!!!!!
    GO OBAMA!!!!!!

To anonymous @ 5:45 PM:

Quite a rant, but can you provide some specific instances of racism or untruthfulness coming from Glenn Beck?

You come across to me as someone who equates telling an "inconvenient truth" with being a racist. Mostly, I see Glenn Beck using people's own words to define who and what they are, or don't words mean anything to you?

And "Go Obama"? Surely, you've got to be kidding.

Old Bob

I agree that Beck needs to be in prime time. I struggle with replacing Greta as she brings a lot to the table as well.

O'Reilly is becoming more and more irrelevant and I for one am losing interest in his antics. He doesn't get near any of the hard hitting things Beck does, in fact with the way he acts when Beck is on his show (appears to make fun and ridicule his topics) it seems Bill may in fact be concerned by Becks popularity.

Bill only wants to talk about how well his books are selling or his ratings or show the fawning emails about himself. He talks over his guests when they are trying to make a point or comment.

Shep Smith is creepy and Hannity can become tedious. Shawn has some good topics, but they always seem a tad late to the table and stay way too long before he lets them go. He too doesn't seem to want to touch the things Glenn goes after.

I hope Glenn can be brought to prime time somewhere.

15. Susan - Florida says:

I personally feel 10:00pm eastern time is too late. People that have to go to work early… or seniors that goto bed early… or students and families that watch news together would be MUCH BETTER SERVED if Glenn Beck was on at 7:00pm instead of Shepard Smith… if they changed those 2 time slots… AMERICA would be better off! GLENN BECK at 7:00pm leading into O'Reilly… is much much better. I personally couldn't watch Glenn at 10pm…. that's not a great idea in my book. Sorry…… Susan – Florida

Can you amend your petition to say in primetime instead of Greta's slot?

Putting Glen at 7:00pm and moving the two programs behind him to in front of him would really work.

17. Bobby K. says:

Jeff, well written, it brought a tear to my eye, I don't think anyone could have put it better. There are alot of people who feel the same way about this country and the way things were. Getting along. I love Greta but bring on Glenn..

Instead of moving him to Greta's spot….what about moving him to Shepard Smith's second spot? I believe that's at 7pm before O'Reilly. Smith is on twice a day for a full hour. Once is sufficient, IMO.

Judy of Ohio, September 10, 2009

I'm not a Greta fan, but I don't think that the Greta slot is where Glenn Beck should be.
    Glenn Beck is too awesome to be in that time frame. I would like to see Glenn in possibly the 6:00pm or 7:00pm slot.

We actually like Glenn at 5 pm, we watch while getting dinner ready and if we cannot be home, we TIVO it. 10PM would be too late for those of us who get up at 5 AM and I don't want to wait to watch Glenn on the TIVO so I vote he stays where he is. I know he would reach more, maybe, but for me, leave Glenn alone.

I say replace O'Reilly. He has become so arrogant and self-righteous. I can hardly stand to watch him any more. He seems to be more into his ratings unlike Beck who is trying to save our freedom. I agree Beck is wonderful. Thank you Glenn Beck for what you are doing for me and the rest of America. I like Greta, however, she pretty much just recaps the day on her show. I will sign the petition, however, I wish it was Bill in lieu of Greta.

22. AStanhope says:

Isn't it dangerous to have the news personality "drive the news" or, indeed become part of the story?

I think he should stay where he is at 5:00 pm and take the 1st repeat time slot at 11:00 PM. Greta deserves to stay where she is.

24. Soloman says:

AStanhope – you don't think Cronkite "drove the news" and actually shaped American policy with his comments about VietNam?

You don't think Katie Cupcake and Charlie Gibson (especially Gibson with his glasses-at-the-tip-of-the-nose look) attempted to "drive the news" with their condescending attitudes during their interviews of Sarah Palin?

Beck is not attempting to be the news or shape policy – he is simply educating Americans who are willing to listen and validate facts. The Media is called "The Fourth Estate" because it is supposed to keep politicians in check.

We do not have that in the majority of media today, we have hero-worship instead.

My husband and I both signed. I have to agree with "Anonymous" on Sept. 10, though, replace O'Reilly, he's forgotten his purpose so has outlived it.

26. vkroo says:

I think Greta is great…also, can't always stay awake for her time slot. Would love to see Glenn Beck take Bill O'Reilly's time slot…can't figure out what his point is half the time….

I Thought the McCarthy era was over years ago. Guess not!!!

Great! I posted this web link to my youtube channel. Hey, you should go to social network sites (youtube, myspace, twitter, facebook) to get the message out. I just stumbled here by accident.

29. PoliticsCentralX says:

I think they should honestly put Glenn Beck in Shep Smith's spot. I think that'd work perfectly.

30. PoliticsCentralX says:

Also, Glenn Beck used to come on Headline News at 7:00 PM, so why not put him there on FOX News and get rid of the useless "FOX Report"?