‘This is my town hall meeting.’

Have you ever seen such unparalleled arrogance as from this man, Congressman Baron Hill of Indiana? My goodness, what a jerk. This is his town hall meeting, done for us? Methinks Congressman Hill forgets the people for whom he works.

Listen, if you’re an elected official, I don’t care if you’re a Democrat or a Republican. I don’t even care if, as a congressman, you support health care reform and the public option. Sure, I’d rather you rally against it, but at the very least, I want to see you treating your constituents with respect, and remembering exactly who it is that you work for.

My congressman, Joe Sestak, is an ardent supporter of the public option. It stinks, I know, but at the very least he remembers at all times that he has been elected by his district. Granted, his district likely supports this horrible idea as well, but that’s not the point. Either these officials simply cannot take two hours out of their month to at least pretend to be a normal, everyday American, or they’re surprised and flabbergasted that in many cases the constituents they perceive to be ill-informed and simple-minded actually know more about the plans for health care reform–not to mention the system of government as a whole–than they do, and they naturally get cranky.

They come to these meetings thinking we’re a gaggle of uninformed, naive fools, but in reality, we turn out to be Dennis, The Constitutional Peasant. And as Arthur, King of the Britons, they don’t like it.

Comments

1. Robert Wallace says:

He's not just arrogant.

He's an idiot.

Did he really think that because he told them not to record, that somehow no cameras would function in the room? Guess that's how liberals view gun control, so maybe he really did believe that.

Guess he'll be surprised when this video shows up in ads against him during his next election campaign.

"You're not going to tell me how to run my congressional office."

Really? Then how about your constituents tell you that you don't *have* a congressional office anymore?

Tool.

2. goddessdivine says:

Wow.

This just adds fuel to the fire. It seems the Dems keep digging their own grave; but instead of 6 ft, they're going for 12.

The second clip is classic!!

3. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Brilliant assessment.

4. starys says:

I am no longer amazed by these politicians and their behavior at town meetings. Sickened yes, amazed no.

I loved the monty python clip, it was just what I needed after a very long somewhat bad day. Thanks

In the Python clip the king treated that serf like that Fairfax County 'cop' treated the peaceful protestor in Reston VA…

Boy his name sure fits him, huh? 'Baron' Red Baron

And the guy holding the mic looks like he's with Delta Force and is packing a Glock….. no intimidation there either.

My brother just called me to tell me he just saw a bumper sticker:

Somewhere in Kenya a village is missing it's idiot

Heck, and I thought Monty Python was stupid. The dialogue is absolutely delightful. Maybe I should peruse my older daughter's full collection of it.

Robert:
    > Did he really think that because he told them not to record, that
    > somehow no cameras would function in the room? Guess that's
    > how liberals view gun control, so maybe he really did believe that.

Robert, I owe you a round of beer for this comparison. Smiles are hard to come by these woeful days.

Anonymous@9:26AM:
    Great sticker. I just ordered two. Darn, it's good to live in a conservative 'hood. :)

10. Claudia says:

at least you get a town hall to go to and stand up in, Harry Reid (bless his conscientious objector soul- to the standing and taking what the people that employ him dish out) won't even show his stupid face in Reno, he will/did hold a teletown hall meeting and took some calls, but it was all screened, so what was the point. He never had to face anyone, just take a call here or there and pontificate about what great things he has done for education and health insurance with S-Chip and whatnot, but he never looked anyone in the eye. TOTAL COWARD!!!!