Obama as Icarus

Assigned Reading: Obama, The Mortal
(FROM: RealClearPolitics)

I love Charles Krauthammer. Here’s how he starts his commentary:

What happened to President Obama? His wax wings having melted, he is the man who fell to earth. What happened to bring his popularity down further than that of any new president in polling history save Gerald Ford (post-Nixon pardon)?

The conventional wisdom is that Obama made a tactical mistake by farming out his agenda to Congress and allowing himself to be pulled left by the doctrinaire liberals of the Democratic congressional leadership. But the idea of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi pulling Obama left is quite ridiculous. Where do you think he came from, this friend of Chavista ex-terrorist William Ayers, of PLO apologist Rashid Khalidi, of racialist inciter Jeremiah Wright?

For the rest, you’ll just have to read on. Just a brilliant assessment of the president’s current situation, and how he got there. Krauthammer always inspires me to write better, to learn more.

Comments

Not wax wings. Obama is an A300 and us patriots have jammed up his political pitot tube. He has no idea what to do now. Next up, some flocks of patriot geese.

To 12:15
    An A300 running at 48% (according to the polls), a pretty plane but I wouldn't want to be in the population below it (This community organizer of a pilot is no Sullenberger, more like a commuter airline freshman pilot on probation).

I'm beginning to understand what the passengers on United Flight 93 must have felt like but in super slow motion. I feel like my "flight" has been hijacked and that no matter what we do to try to reverse the situation the pilot-hijacker is going to plow the plane into ground to spite all the passengers preventing him from achieving his mission.

Damned if we do, or damned if we don't.

But if I do everything within my worldly power to stop the destiny doomed downward spiral I will go out with a clear conscience and a smile on my face. A lot like Capt. Miller in "Saving Private Ryan".

4. John Canuck says:

I’m a Canadian and I have a very poignant question to ask: most American presidents after retirement have some heavy partisan financial backers that build a presidential library in the name of this ex-president. Among the basic elements of any presidential library is the archiving of this person’s childhood, educational record, military service record, success in civilian career and most importantly all the positive political actions both domestic (bills signed, gave any clemency to, stories of people he directly came to the aid of, etc.) and international (what world leaders he met, what global treaties he signed, what he did for world peace, etc.) this person achieved while being President of the United States.

My question is how can Barack Obama ever have a presidential library when his entire life’s record (childhood, educational record, civilian career record, etc.) has been sealed off from public view?

This has just been filed with the U.S. District Court of Southern California–Sworn affidavit and Kenyan Birth Certificate for Barack Hussein Obama, II. See them for yourselves!

That gives me an idea for a sign to take to Washington on the 12th.

Let's
    Roll!

7. goddessdivine says:

Charles is great. His columns are a must read.

And if I must say, you sir are on your way to becoming a syndicated columnist and/or political analyst on FoxNews. Though, I'd rather have you in national politics. ;-)

Robert,

it will be a braille library, and by then all disabilities will have been 'eliminated' to save money.

The article's logic has a flaw that I have pointed to many times. All the liberal presidents before the Usurper had no massive population base and mostly relied on misguided and generally discontent sectors enthused by the abuse (actual or perceived) on the Republican side of the board. This one can reliably count on steady, unconditional support of about 25-30% of his well organized and extremely vocal electorate. He can rely upon virtually unlimited financial resources, dominates the media and the education system and has zero scruples when it comes to bending and ignoring the law. There is not a snowball's chance in hell for his impeachment or indictment without massive urban rioting and possibly a bloodbath, which already proved a hefty factor when the Supreme Court considered the Birth Certificate controversy.

Bottomline: "Obeyme" is still one of a kind, but not because of his unique personal virtues, which are few and far between. To American politics, he is what Bill Gates was to the industry – first to discover that the rule of law has been replaced by the rule of lawyers and can be bent or ignored for personal benefit without any repercussions as long as the legal bills are paid in time.

10. Linda says:

Linda said…

"Agreed – Krauthammer and Sowell are two of the best minds (and writers) out there today."

All bias aside, that is. The writers here at AR aren't what you could call "shabby" by any stretch!

Not one of them writes like the other, and each rather specializes in his own way. We are very fortunate here. Thanks, Guys!

(I pulled the earlier one because of a grammatical error.)