Obama Praises Islam’s ‘Commitment to Justice and Progress’

Assigned Reading: Obama Celebrates Ramadan, Calls Islam ‘Great Religion’
(FROM: NBC Chicago)

Now, it should be noted that George W. Bush hosted similar festivities as well, though I’m fairly certain he never went out of his way to praise Islam for its “commitment to justice and progress.”

My problem with this one is that President Obama has repeatedly gone out of his way to appease and embrace Islam while simultaneously ignoring or denigrating Christianity and Judaism. His first sit-down interview as president was with an Arab broadcaster. One of his first decisions was to force American Christians to provide taxpayer money for abortions abroad, and health care reform could abolish conscience rights of pro-life Christian hospital workers here at home, not to mention taxpayer-funded abortions. In Turkey, he said that “America is not and never will be at war with Islam.” He equated six million dead Jews in the Holocaust with the 60-year-long Palestinian search for a homeland.

To Barack Obama, Islam is commited to justice and progress, while Christianity is racist and volatile. Muslims everywhere are friends, while Christians get bitter and cling to their religion and guns.

There’s more, for sure, but even a peripheral glimpse at this administration will show that the celebration of Ramadan and praise for Islam without similar displays for other religions is par for the course for this president.

Comments

1. Lilly says:

I thought the same thing! He couldn't show up for the breakfast National Day of Prayer but celebrates and praises Ramadan. Something is wrong with this picture.

I. Thou shalt have no God in America, except for me. For we are no longer a Christian nation and, after all, I am the chosen One. (And like God, I do not have a birth certificate.)

II. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, unless it is my face carved on Mt. Rushmore.

III. Thou shalt not utter my middle name in vain (or in public). Only I can say Barack Hussein Obama.

IV. Remember tax day, April 15th, to keep it holy.

V. Honour thy father and thy mother until they are too old and sick to care for. They will cost our public-funded health-care system too much money.

VI. Thou shalt not kill, unless you have an unwanted, unborn baby. For it would be an abomination to punish your daughter with a baby.

VII. Thou shalt not commit
    adultery if you are conservative or a Republican. Liberals and Democrats are hereby forgiven for all of their infidelity and immorality, but the careers of conservatives will be forever destroyed.

VIII. Thou shalt not steal, until you've been elected to public office. Only then is it acceptable to take money from hard-working, successful citizens and give it to those who do not work, illegal immigrants, or those who do not have the motivation to better their own lives.

IX. Thou shalt not discriminate against thy neighbor unless they are conservative, Caucasian, or Christian.

X. Thou shalt not covet because it is simply unnecessary. I will place such a heavy tax burden on those that have achieved the American Dream that, by the end of my term as President, nobody will have any wealth or material goods left for you to covet.

An apology from the grave…..

4. momathome says:

I find it interesting that Obama just had two weeks of vacation, returned to DC for a few days and has now headed to Camp David for a "long" weekend. (Nice work, if you can get it!) All of this during Ramadan ~ is it possible that he is avoiding public appearances at this time because he is fasting during the day and he doesn't want his behavior noticed? Of course, the leg-tingling press would never report it, even if they figured out what was happening!

Obama/Soetoro ignored the National Day of Prayer.

Obama/Soetoro bowed to the Saudi king.

Obama/Soetoro is an Islamic Muslim any way I look at him.

6. D.A.Gust says:

President Obama ignores National Day of Prayer, but sends out Ramadan Blessings?

Maybe John Voight is right in thinking Obama is working toward a civil war in America. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/21/inside-the-beltway-68484451/

History injection: October 10th 732, an inportant date in world history. If not for the actions of Charles Martel and his Frankish troops, the article Jeff posted would be of little interest. Who knows what the world would be like today.

The town of Tours is where Charles Martel(Hammer), Out numbered 3 to 1, chose high ground for his army. Abdul Rahman sent wave after wave of cavalry to attack the Hammmer's lines, but his infantry stood it's ground.

Scouts sent out by Charles inderdicted the enemies rear areas, freeing prisoners and destroying camps.

Abdul, the leader of the Umayyad army was killed on the field of battle, and the invaders were forced away in full retreat.

Charles' victory at the Battle of Tours saved western Europe from the Muslim invasions and was a turning point in history.

I'm a military history nerd, and I'm not saying anything about anyone here….just remembering history. :~)

By TIM PADGETT / MIAMI

There are many things public officials probably shouldn't do during a severe recession, but no one seems to have told the leaders in Florida about them. One thing, for instance, would be giving a dozen top aides hefty raises while urging a rise in property taxes, as the mayor of Miami-Dade County recently did. Or jacking up already exorbitant hurricane-insurance premiums, as Florida's government-run property insurer just did. Or sending an army of highly paid lobbyists to push for a steep hike in electricity rates, as South Florida's public utility is doing.

And you wonder why the Sunshine State is experiencing its first net emigration of people since World War II.

DA Gust,

I salute Charles. This must be why they no longer have 'Tours' at the White House.

9. sharon says:

momathome… I have wondered the same thing…For any of us who have studied Islam… It is utterly ridiculous to praise.

Shocking he would go to a camp retreat named after the famed Israeli king.

I checked the press archives on Obama and, on a number of occasions, drank alcohol and ate pig meat. That makes him a very, very bad Muslim.

On the other hand, I'm a Jewish by birth and an Israeli sympathizer but I love pork and enjoy seafood. Does it, I wonder, make me a bad Jew?

12. momathome says:

Sharon

I always wanted to throw things at the TV when Bush would talk about Islam being "a religion of peace"! There may be people who call themselves Muslim who do not advocate violence….but the central tenets of the faith call for jihad and we are endangering our nation to pretend otherwise…and while I think Obama's main religion is worship of himself, I have always suspected that he privately practices the faith of his father (whomever that may be!)

No, Rix–it doesn't make you a bad Jew.

It makes you a very intelligent man with a short temper when it comes to IKEA furniture and Commies in the WH!

14. Linda says:

I'm Jewish. Rosh Hashanah is this month. When is the celebration at the White House? I want to be sure to get my plane ticket in time.

obama's mother obviously wanted her son to be raised Muslim. She married a muslim on two separate occassions.

and Indonesia where they live has the largest Muslim population.

what is disturbing is why would obama try to HIDE it?

if he were Muslim and… but what's the story behind the deceit? is it because his kind of muslim is of the radical kind of which the majority of america would not have approved – as in Sharia Law?

now here's the thing. a simple thing really. WHAT YEAR AND IN WHAT STATE DID BARRY SOETORO RETURNED TO THE LEGAL NAME OF barack hussein obama?

we kno his mother's second husband adopted and renamed him, but when did he leagally return to BARACK?

his highschool and college classmates called him BARRY. if his name was already changed to barack wouldnt they have called him barack?

IN SCHOOL, we are called by what's on our school record – the teacher looks at it and calls us by that name.

where is the documentation covering the name-change?