Courage Personified

Assigned Reading: Rifqa vs. Goliath
(FROM: Atlas Shrugs)

I’m not certain how many of you have been following the story of Rifqa Bary, the 17-year-old Ohio girl who fled to Florida from her home because her father and family threatened to kill her for converting from Islam to Christianity. Currently, a Florida judge has allowed Rifqa to stay in Florida until a hearing on September 3, 2009 which will decide whether or not she is to return to her parents.

Pam Geller, who has always been on top of the creeping tide of radical Islam into America and American life at Atlas Shrugs, and this case is no different. Her extensive background work can be found by clicking HERE.

In the meantime, Rifqa Bary faces an uphill battle. I’m not certain that America and the American people are ready to address and discuss the brutal realities of radical Islam, the same realities which have manifested themselves in the form of the honor killings across Canada and throughout Europe occurring at a quickening pace.

Please take a few minutes and read Pam’s materials on Rifqa. I’m doing the same. This is a truly remarkable and courageous young woman who has been injected into a struggle larger than any of us can comprehend. She could very well be the catalyst for the awakening with regard to radical Islam that we need here in our nation, sadly detached from such realities.

Comments

1. Uncle Rick says:

I don't know when her birthday is, but we can pray that the legal wranglings carry on until she turns 18, at which time she can legally be on her own.

2. Jan says:

Jeff – Thank you for including this story. I have been following this on Atlas for a couple weeks and pray continually for her. Pam states it well in her coverage of this situation. Rifqa is a great example of courage and strength. As someone on the inside of this family's faith she should no better than anyone what she faces. Why do we doubt her? I am amazed!

Rifga will be in my prayers.
    We need to face Islam head on people.

Why is it the state can and does pull a young child from a home at the slightest suspicion of abuse, but they won't take seriously the fears of a nearly-grown teenager? I just don't get it?!

Well, if only there was a way to let her know, but she's welcome to hideout at my place until she is 18 and I'm sure there are thousands of other Americans who would do the same. It doesn't matter where you are from or what you believe, most Americans will support those genuinely seeking freedom.

5. Michele says:

I was amazed when I heard her parent's lawyers talking acting as if Rifqa was lying. I also saw two lawyers, I believe it was on CNN, talking about Rifqa and one lawyer was on the side of her family and the other on the side of Rifqa. The one that sided w/ her family was acting as if she knew all about Rifqa and her family and that her family would not kill her. I thought that that lawyer must have not heard about the TV reporter that beheaded his wife. Just unbelievable.

Rifqa's friend that was interviewed outside the courtroom said that Rifqa was shaking all over. I can't imagine what fear she lives in.

God, please keep her safe in your arms.

This will be a reality for us that we as Christians will be facing in the ends of time.

That's the reason I subscribe to ACT! for America–they keep us pretty much up to date on what the rag-heads are doing.

I am praying that she will remain safe, that her plight will open some eyes, and that those who threaten her life will be brought to trial. Threatening one's life is a crime, and murder is a felony–I don't care what your religious beliefs are! If you can't "do as the Romans do when in Rome," go back to whence you came!

Pam Geller's coverage of this poor girls plight is exceptional. She has gotten inside information ont he parents from people who know of them including the fact the father is using a court appointed attorney as he claims he cannot afford one. Yet, Pam found he sold a very lucrative gem business a month or so ago for quite a bit of cash. The mother also works making accessories for a bridal firm. Pam also put forth the word that this man sold his business getting ready to take his daughter murder her. Amazingly or not, the press has been very silent on this case. The reason I believe is it highlights the dark side of this religion and the Shari laws which so many of our European brethern are embracing. I have e-mailed the governor to encourage him to work for this young girl's release. Please do the same and let others know about Pam's website. Last year Pam Geller started a fund for a young Canadian girl murdered by her father and brother and buried in a nameless grave. Many of her readers contributed to the cause. The family refused to allow anything to be done in the cemetary, but Pam was persistent. Now, there will be a memorial bench in a park for this young girl and Pam even had a grove of trees with a plaque dedicated to the young girl in Israel so she would not be forgotten.

8. Ian Thorpe says:

This problem has come up time and again in Britain. The teenage girl runs usually away because she knows staying at home will result in her being shipped off to rural Pakistan where she will be married to a truly repulsive middle aged man. You guys think British dentistry is a jokem you should see Pakistani dentistry.

9. Dr KERVORKIAN DDS says:

Ian,

Apologize right now; I am a truly repulsive middle aged man. (just kidding)

What was it Golda Meir said about the Palestinians…? "There will be peace when they love their children more than they hate us" ?

Update for everyone: An eighty year old man just received custody of his 10 year old bride who had run away to hide at her Aunt's.

I'd really really love to see Islam outlawed in the USA. I'm not buying that tired "freedom of religion" crap because outlawing Satanists was okay – and those poor sods only killed cats, goats and poultry, while the Muslims want to kill *us*, in the most brutal way possible. Yeah, yeah, I know there are Muslims who don't – but no one is imprisoning or overtaxing them (as they used to do to non-Muslims) and no one can forbid them to pray to Allah in the privacy of their own houses. But outlawing Islamic public services, schools and especially fund-raising is, as I see it, a necessity of the first degree: we are warming a snake that is already showing its fangs. Showing tolerance to intolerant people is about as smart as exchanging recipes with a cannibal.

13. AND THE OSCAR GOES TO...RIX says:

Wow Rix, I salute your ability to be frank and forthright. An atheist can say things like that and get away with it. ;)

Rix:

I agree with you on the outlawing of Islam in this country. After all, the doctrine of Islam is in complete opposition to our Constitution. Freedom of religion is a great concept, UNLESS, it incorporates into its main doctrine the killing or sacrifice of life, or abandonment of personal liberties. FYI, Satanism doesn't merely kill cats, but humans as well. Let me know if you want verification on this…I have tons of references!

I think that ANY religion that goes against the major tenets of our Constitution should be banned…..the line drawn at "God-given individual rights" as the founders so unanimously agreed.

At the very least, their beliefs should be subjugated by our country's creed. Islamists are frustrated by this. Unfortunately (and fortunately!) for atheists, America was founded on timeless religious and biblical principles. Even though Jefferson was a deist, it is documented that he revered the Bible as authority, and read it regularly.

Yet the Bible (esp. the New Testament) gives each man or woman a choice on this earth, without threat or violence, to accept the Message. It is one's for the taking, or not.

My overarching opinion is this:

If a certain "religion" or faith is not powerful or convincing enough to win someone on its own merits, then it does not have the right to force its beliefs on ANYONE!

It's like two different beliefs in peanut butter:

1) "If you do not believe in peanut butter and x sandwiches, then you are a total idiot and do not deserve to live…therefore, we will do the Peanut God's bidding and kill you."

2) "If you do not believe in peanut butter and x sandwiches, then you are missing out on a very satisfying and deep experience….but you have a right to that opinion. I think you might regret it in the long run, but that is your choice. (no killing)."

Now tell me which is the stronger faith!

And Rix, I do not judge you for your beliefs. I accept you for who you are, how you have been created, and all of your many intellectual thoughts. I do, however, think you might appear a bit racist (although I feel your pain for the hypocrisy of it all).

Can I ask you why you are an atheist? Have you always been? I think you will find me to be a very non-judgemental friend. I'm just curious…and I PROMISE, I won't try to "evangelize" you!

Lisa in TX (just another skeptic and paranoidiac!)

Rix:

I read your post again and YOU ARE A VOICE OF REASON WITHOUT ALL THE RELIGIOUS DUALING

You have stated the facts as they are, and I dare say , you make more sense than all of the slimy political posturing that goes on…".we must worry about the Muslim community, the Hispanic vote…"

Vote pandering, at its ugliest. According to demographic research, the Muslim population will be in the majority in Europe, Canada, and the US by 2050, no matter what! They are merely reproducing at a much higher rate than we are….and it wouldn't bother me so much if it were not for "dawah" (or the "peaceful" takeover of the world by population shift for religious supremacy.)

We all need to know what is going on, people!

Lisa in TX

Lisa:

As I said many times before, I am not an anti-religious person, and I assume that a superior power *might* exist, be it God, Allah, Zeus or Supreme Multi-Dimensional Alien; I just need a solid proof of it. Hence, I will show tolerance and respect to any person's belief as long as a) this belief is not pressed on me by force, and b) I am not paying for it.

As for being a racist, yes, I proudly wear this label. I believe that black people come in two flavors, African-Americans (Alan Keys, Clarence Thomas, Magic Johnson) and Niggers (Eric Holder, Al Sharpton, Mike Tyson). The former group has transcended its tribal nature, the latter did not. I could throw a lot of scientific numbers and opinions at you but lately, there's nothing like a fresh batch of news to prove my point.

17. Safefor8 says:

I will definitely have this young woman in my prayers. You have no idea how it feels to be on a site such as this. God Bless.