Saying what the others are thinking…

Assigned Reading: NY Dem: I Will Vote Against the Interests of My District
(FROM: The Washington Times)

This is the sort of thing that increases awareness among an already awakening American people, the sort of thing that will ensure that the Democratic Party will become obsolete because of its own overreach. For those that can’t see the video, here’s the transcript of what the New York congressman told a collection of far left bloggers and new media types:

MASSA: I’m not going to vote for 3200 as it’s currently written. Step one, I will vote for a single payer option or a bill that does have a medicare coupled public option, which we don’t have right now. If my town hall meetings turn into the same media frenzies and ridiculousness, because every time that happens we lose. We lose another three million people in America. They see that happening and negate us.

PARTICIPANT: It changes America.

MASSA: Every time that occurs. So what happens in my town hall meetings frankly is important, because I am in one of the most right wing Republican districts in the country, and I’m not asking you guys to go back to wherever and send people to me. This is a generic statement of what can I do? Well that’s one thing we can do.

PARTICIPANT: So if we got your meetings to sixty forty, you’d vote…and there was single payer in a bill you would vote for it?

MASSA: Oh absolutely I would vote for single payer.

PARTICIPANT: If there was sixty forty sentiment in the room?

MASSA: Listen, I tell every audience I’m in favor of single payer.

PARTICIPANT: If there was eighty twenty in the room?

MASSA: If there was a single payer bill?

PARTICIPANT: And there was a single payer….

MASSA: I will vote for the single payer bill.

PARTICIPANT: Even if it meant you were being voted out of office?

MASSA: I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to be helpful.

(inaudible participants’ comments regarding the “interests” of the district statement from Mr. Massa)

Massa: I will vote against their opinion if I actually believe it will help them.

Comments

1. Hmmm says:

What I'm thinking (or wondering) is why does Obama's MySpace page say he is 52 instead of 48?

"Obama's MySpace page: I'm 52 years old, not 48
    Would place president's birth during time Hawaii was a territory

Posted: August 17, 2009
    12:46 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Is President Obama's age 52? His MySpace page declares his age as 52, thus putting his birth year at 1957, two years before Hawaii achieved U.S. statehood.

If President Obama were indeed born in Hawaii, was it while the islands were a territory of the United States?

A new wrinkle in the dispute over his birth – and whether he is eligible to be president under the U.S. Constitution's requirement that the president be a "natural born" citizen – appeared today when Obama's official MySpace page declared his age is 52, thus placing his birth year at 1957 instead of 1961 as has been claimed. "…

Rest of article: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=107163

How did this chump get elected if he represents one of the most right wing Republican districts in the country????

3. Linda says:

Interestingly enough, Hmmmmm, when you try to access this page (from various sources), it says that this page cannot be displayed.

4. I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU says:

This video is why we……
    Clean House 2010
    435 NEW Congressmen

5. RETREAT!! FROM WASHINGTON says:

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week, which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be shot and killed in the US capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The US should pull out of Washington."

6. TWO BIRTHDAYS! COOL says:

That MySpace revelation is indeed interesting….. what a shady fellow this guy is.

Massa is an inflated asshat. He should be voted out just for being arrogant and stupid. His right-wing district didn't put him in that congressional seat for him to take the opposite side. If I told the people I worked for that I was going to do something they adamantly were against, I'd be fired before the end of the day.

8. Michele says:

I'm just wondering if someone has posted this as a plant on myspace that way it will make the birthers look crazy and they will just say that the birthers believe everything they read. Don't let them trap you. I may be wrong but that is just to easy of a catch. I want this man out of office more than anything and I do believe he is hiding something very bad. I believe he hates this country and he wants to destroy it. I think about his little girls and wonder what garbage Obama and Michelle are feeding into their innocent little minds. What a shame.

9. Healthcare Scam... says:

Barack Obama's healthcare plan boils down to two words… EXPANDING MEDICAID.

Once again the mainstream media refuse to do it's job and inform you of what is really going on in this country. Obama's healthcare plan is not designed to help you. It is designed to help the people who don't work and the people who are in this country illegally.

10. goddessdivine says:

Wow. What an arrogant SOB.

I hope his opponent (whoever it is) runs with this soundbyte and totally slaughters him during election time.

11. Courtney says:

Seems like too obvious of a slip putting a different age than what was previously claimed. The disclaimer at the bottom does say "PAID FOR BY OBAMA FOR AMERICA" but…… I don't know. It's almost too easy.

But then again, Son of Sam was caught because of a parking ticket. Sociopaths get sloppy when the pressure builds and they start to crack…..

12. Courtney says:

His Facebook page has DOB August 4, 1961….

Ok – here's a truly paranoid and crazy thought – maybe he just doesn't give a rip anymore and is just messing with everyone…because he's getting ready to do something really outrageous like declare marshall law….

Sorry – it's just been a really weird day….anyone else been feeling paranoid?

13. Linda says:

Courtney, I tink you win the prize!!

14. Bill Rose says:

A manufactured crisis would be just the ticket to declare Marshal Law. I am not aware of the present status of the Patriot Act. I think it's expired, but if not, then it's implementation would have far reaching effects that most are unaware of. I haven't even read it all. I think I need to find out it's status and read it all.

Re: Patriot Act–renewed, most of it, anyway.

Re: Massa–I would have had to tell him (and somebody probably did), "Good luck at the polls, Turncoat, if you make it past the primary!"

Michele said;
    " I think about his little girls and wonder what garbage Obama and Michelle are feeding into their innocent little minds." That is not the problem, its what garbage
    are they feeding the USA. That is why I want him out of office BIG TIME.

If his age was really 52, that would mean that someone was planing something weird 47 years ago, as there where birth announcements in the news papers. Why do that?

18. Sheila says:

Courtney, I don't think your paranoid at all! I've recently been awakened to everything going on (big out-of-control government for decades, etc) and the more I learn and educate myself with – the more paranoid I get! ugh! Sometimes I think Obama may merely be a pawn of sorts. Where did he come from to rise to such power? Who exactly backed this former junior Senator?

A National Crisis + Executive Orders would/could undeniably lead to Martial Law, and the loss of what's left of our Constitution and thus our rights. Swine flu? Civil unrest? The Economy?

And speaking of Executive Orders? What the heck happened to the 'Balance of Power'?

Amazingly, everyone calls this gentleman names and noone praises his unbelievable honesty. If all Democrats were like him, we'd have the Republic back in no time. :)

20. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -
    I can't believe how arrogant this guy is, not to mention inarticulate. Did anyone else have trouble making sense of those sentences? I have a feeling he will be job-hunting come 2010, if we even have elections by then.

"Conclusion: The US should pull out of Washington." I almost spit my coffee on that one!

Courtney – I fight waves of paranoia & fear every day. It helps me to turn to God & give him my fears – He is still in control.

Susan

21. IT says:

The birth announcements could easily have been to ensure their son had future access to all the benefits of being an American citizen….. think about it, if you were on vacation in Italy, and prematurely had to give birth to your baby, you can't tell me the thought would not cross your mind to run a birth announcement in the Main St Gazette to pretend your baby was born in America.

22. TICONDEROGA says:

Courtney,

When WE confirm that HE doesn't give a rip anymore, about 100,000,000 of us will then go into the same mindset…. so look out. Long live the Republic.

23. BobbyHughes says:

Well you have to praise his honestly to some extent. However, this exchange only solidifies in my mind a very scary reality we are now facing (at least until 2010 (fingers crossed)). While Massa may currently reign as the most outspoken MIS-representative of his constituents we all know that the majority of our democratic elected officials share his sentiment, and without question the President as well. Blue dogs are a different issue, but for those on board with single payer they are not just blind or stupid. They read the polls, they know the truth about townhall outrage (despite the media spin and accusations) and they remember the Clinton years. The point is that politicians like Massa who feel so strongly about a need for single payer see this as their best and most likely last chance to make it happen. The hard left has realized the honeymoon is over and if they want their way they must first turn their backs on the majority, force legislation and in turn lose their jobs, but revel in the notion that they played a "Roas Parks"-esk role in bringing about social justice. But I'm sorry, imposing through force single payer health care is nothing to be proud of and its inevitable failure will not be remembered in quite the same light as civil rights heroes.

24. DON'T LET THE CAPITOL DOORS HIT YA says:

Lets pray 2010 is a MASSAcre…
    GO CONSERVATIVES!

25. Jeffrey Shallit says:

I don't think you or your commenters understand what a republic is.

It's not the duty of a representative to blindly follow the majority opinions of his constituents. If that were the case, why have a representative at all? Why not just decide every issue through a direct vote?

In a republic, we elect representatives, who may not always do what we want. If we don't like how they vote, we vote them out.

But of course, if you're a wingnut, such simple concepts are beyond you…

26. JEFFREYS AMAZING INTELLECT says:

Jeffrey,

duh, but you can also tell a lot by a persons attitude, you included.

I see you must be getting some of that recovery.gov money since you are trolling again.

I bow at the feet of the civics professor Shallit. What a fraekin genius.

28. Jeffrey Shallit says:

I bow at the feet of the civics professor Shallit. What a fraekin genius.

Why, thank you! And I see that neither you nor your illiterate cousin before you can offer a single argument in defense of this article's nuttiness.

Jeffrey Shallit:

I beg to differ. I believe to be aware of what a republic is, and tend to side with you on the issue. Our representatives are indeed free to act against the interest of their constituents, and the constituents are indeed free to vote them out. There are, however, two circumstances that shatter this idyllic scheme.

First, incumbent liberals have, as a rule, easier time raising money from corrupt lobbies, rigging ballot boxes, receiving favorable media coverage, and having high turnout due to the obvious fact that "right wing nuts" tend to be employed far more often than their political opponents. Thus, throwing them out of office might require more than a conservative majority.

And second, the country has already moved too far away from the concept of Republic envisioned by Thomas Jefferson. The original doctrine, "no taxation without representation", had the second meaning: representation comes with taxation. Unfortunately, we – prodded by Democrats, I reckon – gave voting rights to human trash that pays no taxes, observes no laws and cares for nothing but the size of their freebie bag.